Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rosalynn Carter Turns 95

Congratulations to Rosalynn Carter on her 95th birthday. I read where she is the second-oldest First Lady ever. (Does anyone know who was the oldest?) She's always had a lot of dignity, despite having to deal with problems, heartache and controversies (Jimmy's "lust in his heart" interview, his landslide election loss, her friendship with serial killer John Wayne Gacy, cruel media comments about daughter Amy's appearance, etc). Happy Birthday!

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2022 3:07 PM

I love the Carters. Not giving them a second term was one of the bigger mistakes of the US. Rosalynn is lovely, and she and Jimmy are like June and Johnny Cash: real Christians who walk the walk.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2022 2:34 AM

The REAL Mrs. Carter.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2022 2:35 AM

The relationship with Gacy never became physical, although the media suggested so, Gacy painted several portraits of Rosalyn.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2022 2:36 AM

[Quote]Does anyone know who was the oldest?

Bess Truman, who died at age 97.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2022 2:38 AM

Snort. I was Adolfo and Galanos. Rosalynn was the softer side of Sears.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 2:38 AM

I imagine you did need those designer clothes, Nancy, dear. Bless your heart, I suppose one has to do something when one has no soul.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 2:42 AM

Jackie Kennedy would still be younger today than Roslyn, yet she has been gone for nearly 30 years. She like JFK and JFK Jr was taken from us far too soon.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 2:54 AM

Her husband is 97!

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2022 3:16 AM

^ 98 on 10/1.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2022 5:26 AM

The Carter's are both fantastic people. The scumbag beltway media hated them of course.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2022 6:32 AM

Jimmy Carter is the most Christian president we've ever had. This is why the Republicans hate him.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2022 12:50 PM

[quote] The scumbag beltway media hated them of course.

No one hated them as much as the Kennedys.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2022 12:51 PM

The Kennedys were America's royal family and Ted Kennedy would have been a great President!

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2022 2:52 PM

I found Rosalynn and Jackie to have been the most beautiful first ladies.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2022 3:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!