Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who sang it best at the ‘81 Tony Awards?

Priscilla Lopez? Andrea McArdle? Nell Carter? Angela Lansbury? Patti LuPone?

I vote for Nell. I like when Andrea finishes, there’s huge applause. And Nell comes out and the huge applause explodes. And she delivers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2022 2:56 AM

Angie!!!

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2022 12:24 AM

Patti.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2022 12:45 AM

I vote Nell. God, she was great. Force of nature, and that voice. What an instrument--she could do anything.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2022 12:46 AM

Lots of cocaine

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2022 12:53 AM

Andrea McArdle. Amazing range in a kid that young; she has my vote. Good God, what a show! Thanks for the link, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 1:04 AM

Priscilla Lopez is note perfect but I smiled when Nell sang. Miss her.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 1:09 AM

Andrea was thrilling and you could tell it made her emotional that she could 3-4 applause rounds during her song. I think people were shocked how well she could sing

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 1:09 AM

Patti. That song is incredibly hard to sing and she just belts it out effortlessly.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2022 1:11 AM

I guess this is the wrong year, but I love the bedroom scene in this. Never seen the whole musical, because it seemed a bit cheesy in totality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2022 1:31 AM

Angela Lansbury. She does a lot of things with her voice and there is a lot of acting.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2022 1:50 AM

I never realized how much Madonna has turned into Mrs. Lovett.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2022 1:56 AM

[quote] "I never realized how much Madonna has turned into Mrs. Lovett."

Mrs. Lovett-meets-Countess Bathory, R11. I wouldn't put it past her.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2022 2:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!