Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Q Lazzarus is DEAD to Me!

Goodbye Horses... šŸ˜­

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2022 5:23 AM

It was on the "Married to the Mob" soundtrack. That's where I first heard it. What a great song. Sad she didn't get a bigger career.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 7:20 PM

Nooooo! šŸ˜æ

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 7:23 PM

Oh no. That's pretty young. May Q RIP.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 7:28 PM

Her version of David Byrneā€™s ā€œHeavenā€ in the film PHILADELPHIA was one of the most beautiful songs Iā€™ve ever heard. Unfortunately, you can only hear it from the film and itā€™s not the whole thing. I wish I could find the whole performance. Iā€™ve searched but no luck. Just a YouTube clip from the film.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 7:35 PM

Did she make any money off of the song?

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2022 7:36 PM

I'll tuck it back and don some eyeshadow in her memory

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 7:39 PM

Very sad and too young. She was very talented. Any cause of death?

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 7:58 PM

R4 Last weekend I re-watched Philadelphia. She sang ā€Heavenā€during the costume party scene. She was quite gifted.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 8:10 PM

I loved her voice. She was gifted.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 8:21 PM

She did a great disappearing act. It looks like she seen that people still remembered her after she very briefly popped on Twitter a few years ago and subsequently made a documentary about her life and music career and an album with some of her past songs, both due next year. I thought it was strange that she didn't claim royalties due to her, and a significant amount at that, for many years.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 8:34 PM

R5 yes and she/her band got a boost from the collaboration with director Jonathan Demme on his films.

I think many including myself had assumed she was poor or broke that's why she vanished, but it's not true, she left the music business on her own terms, she was a taxi driver before, she was a bus driver after, she spent a few years touring with her band in between, there is nothing really "abnormal" here, people change jobs, that's what happened, she didn't take the rockband/showbiz too seriously, it's just a part of her career but she moved on.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2022 5:04 AM

I had no idea it was a woman singing that Silence of the Lambs song.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2022 5:16 AM

It was on both Married to the Mob AND Silence of the Lambs, r1.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2022 5:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!