Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do I rat out a colleague?

I have a colleague who is a good worker but can be difficult, moody, overly emotional. She did come after me once with wacky accusations, but I shut that shit down immediately. Since then, she’s been pleasant.

It’s management she bothers the most. Constant complaining and trying to skirt work—but when she does work, it’s excellent. She thinks she’s high and mighty and wants to do what she wants to do.

I do like the fact that management is so busy dealing with her that there’s less focus on the rest of us, which is a good thing.

I have recently found out that she definitely didn’t finish the graduate degree she has on her resume. Do I tell management (anonymously)? That would definitely get her fired, but I like that her antics are keeping management occupied (and the office entertained).

What say you, DL?

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 2:49 PM

Go ahead but when karma pays you a visit don't complain about it.

There is nothing like ruining another persons life for ones own self gratification..

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 2:27 PM

Rat her out, it's just a frau, who gives a shit, billions more where that came from. You'll be amused for a day or two and so will we, that's the most important thing.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 2:28 PM

Stay in your lane.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 2:28 PM

It’s not your money going towards her paycheck! Keep her on, if she ever spars with you again, ask her detailed questions about the degree as though you knew someone she went to school with her and we’re looking for her classmate… hinting but not quite saying out loud you know her truth. I’d be a cunt and bring it up during casual conversation among others too.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 2:29 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2022 2:29 PM

Don't just be a little meddlesome, OP, follow R4's sage advice and drive the rusty nail in so that she see that you own a hammer and keep it handy. Then be nice as fucking pie to her the next time, but always with knowing eyes and a suppressed smile. Keep her around as a known quantity, a distraction to your superiors, and now as an obedient and wary ally.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 2:35 PM

This.

Never.

Happened.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 2:37 PM

“I took classes that year too! How about that Mrs Rhinebeck, huh? I really couldn’t figure out what happened there.Did you?”

I would bring it up every which way I could until she cracks.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 2:37 PM

That’s really strange, OP. She’s pleasant with you, who cares. You should stick your own work.

Has work always been so high school?

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 2:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!