Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Muslim woman raped by Hindu mob shocked by release of 11 jailed men

A Muslim woman who was gang-raped by a Hindu mob, which also murdered her three-year-old daughter and 13 other members of her family, has spoken of her incredulity at the release of the 11 men jailed for the crimes.

The men were released on Monday by the Gujarat government after serving 14 years of their life sentence. Under Indian law, after 14 years, some prisoners can be released on remission provided they fulfil certain criteria relating to their age and conduct.

Bilkis Bano and her husband had no prior notice that the men were going to be released. She said the news came as a thunderbolt and left them “numb” with disbelief.

“Today, I can only say this – how can justice for any woman end like this? I trusted the highest courts in our land. I trusted the system and I was slowly learning to live with my trauma. The release of these convicts has taken from me my peace and shaken my faith in justice,” Bano said in a statement issued through her lawyer on Wednesday.

The attack took place during the 2002 anti-Muslim pogrom in Gujarat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 8:08 PM

[quote] A Muslim woman who was gang-raped by a Hindu mob, which also murdered her three-year-old daughter and 13 other members of her family, has spoken of her incredulity at the release of the 11 men jailed for the crimes.

In Pakistan, Muslims raping/abducting Hindu, Sikh and Xtian girls/women more often than not would not have even been reported, let alone gone to trial.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 1:49 PM

What’s the deal with that place?

Inbreeding or something?

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 1:51 PM

R1 If they're not being reported, then how would you even know about it, stupid Nazi?

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 1:52 PM

R3 Spewing juvenile pejoratives does not hide your absence of reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 1:55 PM

This is part of a horrific pattern overall. I'm still not over the female medical student who was gang raped and grotesquely murdered on a bus years ago. I would NEVER visit India.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2022 2:00 PM

If it has a dick, you must acquit.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 2:24 PM

Gang rape season is almost upon us here in the States. We call it pledging.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 4:18 PM

Let's not talk about the tens of thousands of White and Sikh English girls gang raped by Pakistani and Bangladeshi muslim men all across England.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 7:44 PM

R8: racist islamaphobe.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 7:59 PM

Soon red states will make this legal for straight white xtian males

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 8:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!