Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shooting on former friends/colleagues/employers

Is it ever justified to go scorched-Earth, and just put everyone on blast?

How much abuse do you take, in the workplace or in social settings, before enough is enough and you have to expose the truth for the sake of sanity and morality? Or must you always be prudent, remain silent and go on your way, never telling what you experienced?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 10:09 PM

I've had to deal with a lot of abuse over the years in man different manifestations, but the cruelest was the ostracism, and the casual cruelty. It's demoralizing to keep "rising about it." And if I get snippy, or nasty with someone I am immediately cast as some angry unpleasant prick. It's very depressing.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 1:32 PM

"rising above it."

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 1:42 PM

Everyone else is maintaining the façade, OP, and it is expected that you will be equally resilient to get along.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 1:48 PM

OP, it is very difficult for me to resist driving into chicken fucking evangelical swamp hell and shooting everything that moves with an Uzi, but I have so far. Strength, patience, voodoo curses.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 2:08 PM

R3 but when’s the breaking point? Isn’t it stymying potentially healthy change and progress always to keep everything bottled up and fake it? When did we all become so cravenly afraid of honesty?

Maybe spending too much time here makes me think that, though. None of the posters here are ever hesitant to tell me or other regulars what time it is when we put a foot wrong. Real-life interactions seem strained and nebulous by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2022 1:56 PM

Cunt!

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2022 2:04 PM

R6 thanks I needed that verbal Silkwood slap!

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2022 10:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!