Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Frances Bean Cobain Turns 30 Today!

I'm so old!

Happy Birthday!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2022 3:23 AM

Wow, she is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 11:08 AM

On August 18, 2010, Cobain inherited 37% of her late father's estate. She now controls the publicity rights to her father's name and image instead of Love. During Cobain's divorce proceedings from Isaiah Silva it was revealed that she earned, from July 2016 until June 2017, $95,496 per month from the royalties related to her father's estate in addition to $6,784 per month in dividends ($102,280 total per month, $1.2 million per year). Her net worth was estimated at $11.3 million. Her father's estate was valued in 2014 as being worth $450 million.

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 11:19 AM

My friend held her as a baby once backstage at a Hole concert.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 2:01 PM

Patrick Wayne would have turned 70 today.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 3:19 PM

Swayze***

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2022 3:20 PM

Good thing Cobain had a will and didn't leave everything to Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 3:24 PM

She has her father's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 3:25 PM

She's prettier than she should be.

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2022 3:29 PM

Her eyes look sad

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 3:39 PM

Her eyes look RICH.

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 3:42 PM

You monsters, you maniacs!

What have you done to its eyes??

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2022 4:16 PM

She's heir to a bean fortune!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2022 6:50 PM

What a strange way to go through life.

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2022 7:03 PM

It's weird, sometimes I think she looks just like Kurt and other times just like Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2022 7:28 PM

Did she get the guitar?

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2022 8:24 PM

She has beautiful eyes like that Paris Jackson.

She also had tasteful and very well rendered plastic surgery because she inherited her mother's jawline and all.

I hope the best for her. Hopefully she won't wind up being like the Grunge Betty Hutton. The Grunge Doris Duke maybe.

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2022 8:47 PM

She has Kurt's eyes, but everything else about her screams Courtney to me—plastic surgery included. She is cute though, and I appreciate the fact that she mostly keeps to herself and isn't out there whoring herself out for the limelight like most celebrity kids. She is currently dating Tony Hawk's son apparently.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2022 1:29 AM

She is gorgeous.

And she seems well-adjusted. I hope she doesn't have a late life breakdown as she has had to deal with a lot in her life.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2022 1:34 AM

You can tell from her countenance that she's done some hard drugs in her life.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2022 1:39 AM

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2022 1:42 AM

I think Frances is depressed from having that borderline psycho as a mother

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2022 1:43 AM

I remember as a 13 year old thinking how odd “Bean” was.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2022 1:45 AM

Frances was my intern when I worked at a prominent indie record label here in Los Angeles. She showed up for one week, and never came back. A few years later, after I left the label, I ran into her backstage at a show for one of my clients. I asked her why she stopped showing up. She said she felt sickened by the marketing meetings, and how we talked about marketing artists. As if her dad's band didn't have any marketing on their way to success.

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2022 1:52 AM

R19 it’s been well established that Sam Lutfi was helping keep Franny and Courtney doped out of their gourds on Xanax some years back. This was before Courtney “fled LA” for England. Who knows what insane shit was going on there. In any event, given that her parents are/were both monolithic junkies, it’s not surprising to me that Frances has had substance abuse problems. She’s been open about it for the most part and has made social media posts marking her sobriety milestones.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2022 2:43 AM

I cannot help but wonder what Frances's real feeling are about her mother. I adore Courtney as a musician and find her very funny and smart, but she is an extremely troubled person. I noticed on Frances's birthday post she made on Instagram that none of the photos she shared featured her mom, nor did she make any mention of her.

The reality is that Courtney spent most of Frances's formative years (circa 2000–2006) in a crack/coke haze and was continually getting into legal trouble, losing custody, going in and out of rehab, and engaging in whacked out behavior in a very public way. I have sympathy for Courtney, but at the same time, I cannot imagine what this must have looked and felt like from a child's perspective. Even if Courtney was able to compartmentalize her drug problems to some extent in their home life, there is no way it did not impact her daughter. Courtney has the personality of a ticking time bomb, and I imagine it did not feel like a stable or safe situation.

Courtney got extremely protective over Frances when she turned 18, around the time "Nobody's Daughter" came out, and alleged that Frances had been "gotten" by a bunch of legal experts and accountants whom Courtney claimed were trying to control/take advantage of her trust and general finances. There may be some truth to that, but it also made Courtney look paranoid and greedy. I don't believe Frances had been around Courtney for some time during that period, and Courtney said several times that they rarely communicated. They seemed to reunite in the mid-2010s, but Courtney got involved with Lutfi and madness (again) ensued. They seem to live completely separate lives now, though it's impossible to say whether or not they are in touch privately. The truth is, with distance between them, they individually seem to be doing rather well, which is telling. Courtney does give off overbearing, codependent mom vibes, and I've always assumed Frances had to establish boundaries with her to maintain her own sense of stability.

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2022 3:03 AM

I just looked at Frances's and Courtney's Instagram accounts, and they don't follow each other on there. I know that it could possibly not mean much, but it does (at least lightly) indicate to me that Frances may be estranged from her mother.

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2022 3:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!