Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Need new phone

I’ve got an IPhone 10 and want to upgrade. After years of being an Apple person, is it time to look at the competition? I don’t feel like Apple is so cutting edge anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 5:01 AM

Do you need "cutting edge" (the latest and greatest) or just a reliable phone that does the things you want? It's more a matter of preference - iPhones and a lot of androids are good phones.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2022 3:59 AM

If you've been living in the Apple world all this time, it will certainly be easier to upgrade to another Apple phone. Easier to transfer your existing music, video, etc.

What "cutting edge" features are you wanting to explore, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2022 4:14 AM

Perhaps you can find something in the shoe department

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2022 4:33 AM

Currently the only phone I think of as cutting edge are the Samsung folding phones. I haven’t seen any stellar reviews for those phones. I also have been stuck in the Apple environment, sometimes I think of bursting out. But I haven’t yet. The Pixel somewhat attracts me. However it isn’t what you would call cutting edge.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2022 4:40 AM

I'd just keep the iPhone 10. I don't understand why people need to "upgrade" their phones so often. They're so expensive. I'd rather save the money for something else, like rent.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2022 4:51 AM

I'm enjoying my Fold 3.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2022 4:54 AM

I’m considering the Google Pixel 6 Pro. I’ve heard it takes a long time to charge it though.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2022 5:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!