Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why was Nicole Kidman so mean to poor Giada while they were both on Ellen?

They were bullying Giada!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2023 4:44 AM

For daring to put food in front of her. How dare the bitch tease an eating disorder??

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2022 11:31 PM

R1 clearly doesn’t understand passive aggressiveness. Not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2022 11:34 PM

^Clearly you don't understand humor

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2022 11:37 PM

R3 that wasn’t humor. That was passive aggression

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2022 11:39 PM

Lesbians can smell weakness and fear.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2022 11:47 PM

Giada is an idiot and Nicole knew. Nicole is hilarious in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2022 11:51 PM

Nicole started it with “this is a family program” sternly. Then Giada threw shade when Nicole’s meatball was perfect by saying “look the person who can’t cook made the perfect ball”.

The producer guy looked like he didn’t know what to do lol

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2022 11:54 PM

How I miss the days of the tv show No Reservations, when on occasion, Anthony Bourdain would take an unexpected swipe at Giada. I would just get a good laugh out of it. She along with Rachel Ray are on my don’t go to list of cooking shows.

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2022 11:56 PM

They were all being bitches

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2022 12:02 AM

Giada will never be Nigella, who succeeds at being more sensually Italian than her despite being Jewish

by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2022 12:03 AM

Giada was skanking it up in the green room in front of Keith Urban, which rightly pissed off Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2022 12:14 AM

Giada is a whore. Seriously. I work in casting- she will do ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2022 12:16 AM

Nicole is lovely,, btw. Although I find it really weird that their best friends are Gunnar & Matthew Nelson. Although, it's Nashville soooo....

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2022 12:18 AM

God I loved the Nelson twins when they had those blonde extensions. Ooh lala!

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2022 12:20 AM

Only on DL will this convo go to THIS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2022 12:23 AM

Ahh yes. Where DL and Metal Sludge combine! It's like SWEET Cherry Pie!

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2022 12:25 AM

Nicole smartly knew that the only way to make it through this lame segment with Giada was to be empathize with the audience and give side reactions reflecting what everyone was thinking.

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2022 12:27 AM

My boys! So pretty.

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2022 12:27 AM

[quote]How I miss the days of the tv show No Reservations, when on occasion, Anthony Bourdain would take an unexpected swipe at Giada. I would just get a good laugh out of it. She along with Rachel Ray are on my don’t go to list of cooking shows.

AB was a miserable asshole who hated the world so much he hanged himself.

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2022 12:32 AM

R19 great way of rewriting history

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2022 12:33 AM

Yikes, that was uncomfortable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 21August 18, 2022 12:46 AM

I guess they can't live without their love and affection, R13.

Nicole Kidman is like extra tall. Disproportionately long fingers, legs, and arms. I'm built the same way but am not bone thin thankfully. She's being an awfully good sport with that slutty Giada. I bet Nicole Kidman is quite alright when she's naturally out and about and such.

Nigella is far foxier than that slutty Giada. Nigella naturally oozes sensuality.

by Anonymousreply 22August 18, 2022 12:47 AM

R20 Please let me know what was incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2022 4:41 AM

I adore Nigella, but wasn't she on coke all those years?

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2022 5:20 AM

Why oh why did Nicole bleach her red hair?

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2022 5:51 AM

Giada is really unpleasant to watch. Mean girl narcissist energy. Nicole is just doing her best to get through the segment with a sense of humor, which is impossible to do because Giada is toxic.

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2022 1:33 PM

Yes, yes…Poor Giada (Giardia) is a little skanky, but Ellen is being snarky and indifferent in this odd, uncomfortable video. She was like that with Dakota Johnson (so pretty!), and Johnson sorted her out pretty handily.

Ellen looks like she could be fun, but has a mean aura about her. But goddamn she must be so f’ing rich, probably over $100m in real estate alone. I think they have some pretty menacing cars, too, like a Porsche and (I think) a Bentley Bentayga or a Lamborghini Urus. I say this because I saw paparazzi photos of one of them loading a painting into a sport utility vehicle that looked like a Urus or Bentayga, but I could only see the rear hatch.

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2022 11:02 PM

Giada was molested for years by her father (who served prison time for it), until she ran away from home. Cut her some slack.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2022 11:06 PM

R28 Jesus I had no idea. That’s awful.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2022 12:19 AM

It's daytime TV, to begin with. So, I'm sure Nicole (A-lister) wasn't too thrilled to be making an appearance. Then, Giada ... control freak, taking everything too seriously. Also, Giada should've had them do something less sloppy than rolling balls and dropping them into hot oil.

Of the 3, I'm sure Giada could get laid the most.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2022 12:29 AM

I couldn't watch the entire duration of the segment. Awkward. Lots of yelling, yelling signifies high energy. Daytime television is dreadful. Who really wants to see a non eating sexagenarian cook a meal with a dour hostess who would rather be drinking.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2022 12:31 AM

I can't decide which is worse: Nicole's Baby Jane dress or Ellen's jacket.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2022 12:53 AM

Coz she's jealous of her huge tits

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2022 12:57 AM

All I see are three cunts.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2022 12:58 AM

The chef guests are always joked about with.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2022 1:36 AM

Ellen was doing her I Love Lucy impersonation. Giada should have been thrown in the hot oil. Nicole with her Halloween mask face was the only normal one.

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2022 2:21 AM

OP, properly speaking, the expression is "Giada 'The Blowjob Queen' DeLaurentiis.

And there is you answer, OP.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2022 2:29 AM

Nicole just earned 1,000,000 retroactive social credit points for her delightful insolence.

Giada will be sent to a rehabilitation camp for implying Italians use almond milk when preparing traditional dishes.

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2022 2:57 AM

Nicole is a scream. She'd be fun to hang out with. She was hardly being mean; she was making the best of an obnoxious (Giardia) situation and helping the audience get through it.

Have posted this before: a friend had a small role with her in which they had to stand facing each other on set, with a small table between them, in full period costume. There was a lot of waiting for the cameras to roll, so she made small talk to put him at ease. On the table was a bowl of fake snacks. It was supposed to be a very serious scene (I never saw the film). She picked up a piece, put it in his face, and randomly said, "Would you like a pickle?". He lost it.

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2022 4:34 AM

r26 She's a low class cunt from a privileged background... and acts too much like the poor little rich girl.

every time she fucks up, a tragic story on her life is leaked, oh how she was relentlessly bullied, oh, how she suffered, followed by a non apology. "I'm sorry some people misinterpreted my actions" "I'm sorry she feels that way" "I've made peace with my past mistakes, so you should too"

stereotypical control freak to the point I wouldn't be surprised to find out if she's a clinical perfectionist. Think extreme "type a" and overly image conscious, therefore extending to everyone in a radius of her not to get in her good light. Or just having a jagged metal rod permently erected in her bony derriere.

She tries too hard to work against type.. that's her failing point. . . trying to be likable but she seems oblivious to the thought that she's not.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2022 5:50 AM

R39 Nicole is a scream and she is fun to hang out with. Completely opposite to her ice princess persona.

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2022 6:39 AM

Were they really ON Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2022 6:44 AM

R40, she was raped by her father for years. He served 14 years in prison. And "low class cunt"? That's a Kardashian, not Giada. I know her, she's a hard worker and a nice person.

As for whoever said how much fun to hang with Nicole- she married Tammy. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2022 6:44 AM

LMAO, R39. I think I remember that anecdote…and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2022 6:48 AM

Passing this thread along to GDL. She may not care, but it's her people's call

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2022 7:41 AM

I don’t see it, OP.

They’re fine. It’s superficial banter, which wealthy and/or beautiful women in Hollywood, are excellent at, when placed all together under one roof, in performative social situations.

The nasty cunts are in NYC. Lol!

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2022 8:08 AM

It reminds me of this little gem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2022 8:30 AM

Women can be as toxic as men, they just express it differently. We demand men having to change their toxic masculinity ways, but women? They can be as shady and passive-aggressive as they want.

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2022 8:34 AM

So, you are OK with your father fucking you?

Death is too good for you.

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2022 8:43 AM

[quote] So, you are OK with your father fucking you?

[quote] Death is too good for you.

That, boys and girls, is why you don't use hot sauce as lube.

by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2022 8:47 AM

To add onto R48’s comment: A group of more than 2 women can be deadlier than a viper pit.

by Anonymousreply 51August 20, 2022 3:53 PM

I really get the vibe that Giada tried to blow/fuck someone that Nicole was in a relationship with. Maybe she succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2022 3:59 PM

R47, that was an awful moment. The presenter was clueless and didn't recognize Patti Labelle as a renowned performer of several decades, and an accomplished cook of the oldschool American type. The presenter was dismissive and overtalked Labelle during the segment. Tyra Banks doesn't have the intelligence to smooth over an awkward moment and redirect.

by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2022 4:02 PM

R48 That frau baker made things a whole lot worse but adopting a really patronizing tone (“ohhhh…I see….”) at the end of that clip. She was pretty rude to Miss LaBelle, turning her back to Patti and cheesing up to Tyra Banks. This bitch was in full infomercial mode, and LaBelle called her out. I sort of like that about Patti LaBelle.

I remember a charming story about her splashing water from a bottle at a neighbor and calling her c#unt in front of the neighbor’s unruly toddler, and also telling Andy Cohen “That woman should never, EVER try to sing again” after watching a clip of a real housewife singing. “Stay in your lane!”. Delicious bitchcraft from the Master.

by Anonymousreply 54August 20, 2022 4:10 PM

Ooooh, shit. my comment applies to r47, not r48, d’oh!

by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2022 4:12 PM

Patti LaBelle should teach a Master Class on how to be a lovable cunt. Gia and Ellen are so abrasive it’s hard to find them charming when they’re anything less than gracious.

Disclaimer: The bitch had the nerve to make it seem like Patti, whom we all know is a cook at heart, didn’t know not to eat the paper on a cupcake. Don’t start no shit, there won’t be no shit!

by Anonymousreply 56August 20, 2022 4:20 PM

R47 “Paper bad, cake good” “YOU’RE a the one trying to eat the paper!”

Two stillborn jokes ad libbed by a real loser. That was really, really rude and disrespectful. What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 57August 20, 2022 4:23 PM

The presenter was so far up on her own ass she did not recognize Patti Labelle. Patti Labelle is known for her old school American desserts, she was included in the cooking segment for this reason. Some papers are edible and are used in the preparation of foods.

A glaring example of microaggression, so frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 58August 20, 2022 4:26 PM

That black woman was the one that was stupid. Who comments about a cupcake having paper? Of course it has paper lining, you moron. It's a cupcake.

by Anonymousreply 59August 20, 2022 4:27 PM

jeez how tall is Tyra?

by Anonymousreply 60August 20, 2022 4:28 PM

[quote][R40], she was raped by her father for years. He served 14 years in prison.

[quote]Giada was molested for years by her father (who served prison time for it), until she ran away from home. Cut her some slack.

Is anyone believing this bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 61August 20, 2022 4:28 PM

R56 I think LaBelle has a successful line of pies. Yes, this guest was messing with the wrong lady.

Anyway, the packet of diet cocoa powder added to the cake mix is out of Sandra Lee’s “Semi Ho” playbook,

LaBelle looked very pretty in that outfit, also.

by Anonymousreply 62August 20, 2022 4:29 PM

R60 around 6 feet, very tall for a woman.

by Anonymousreply 63August 20, 2022 4:32 PM

You might not recognize Patti LaBelle but you know the name. She's had a successful career for 60 years as a singer. The guest is a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 64August 20, 2022 4:33 PM

R59 It looks like LaBelle was modeling good kitchen hygiene. She lifted the item to show the audience and mentioned the paper because she didn’t want to appear as though she was handling food without washing her hands first. The guest interrupts her and makes a really stupid, false assumption, and tries to make two inept jokes about it.

by Anonymousreply 65August 20, 2022 4:34 PM

[quote] Nicole is a scream. She'd be fun to hang out with.

Celebrities only hang out with other celebrities, not DL posters.

by Anonymousreply 66August 20, 2022 4:35 PM

"The black woman" is Patti Labelle. Google can help you out here if you don't recognize her name.

by Anonymousreply 67August 20, 2022 4:36 PM

It’s interesting to see how peoples’ behavior changes around celebrities. They often jockey for the celebrity’s attention, and can get strangely disinhibited doing that. It’s really awkward.

If the celebrity has spent a lot of time at mandatory “meet & greet” events and galas, they can become progressively guarded in social settings. They’re often wary of people who want to command their attention and get the most “face time”. Also, some are really careful not to draw attention from an event’s host.

I’ve seen some pretty awful situations, like people cornering a performer with “say something funny”, or “Oh my GOD…my niece LOVES you SO MUCH!!!”, and then the dreaded pleading for selfies. I would hate that.

by Anonymousreply 68August 20, 2022 4:49 PM

The guest didn't recognize Patti Labelle and interrupted one too many times. The guest was entirely focused on getting through the segment on "Tyra Banks Talk Show". Understandably, there are time constraints that can make an appearance a mess. Tyra was focused on Tyra and allowed the segment to derail.

by Anonymousreply 69August 20, 2022 4:57 PM

Why do we hate giada? I don’t remember. I’ve seen her on cooking shows occasionally and she seems cute to me.

Does she have an actual rep for sleeping around for success or are we just being catty?

by Anonymousreply 70August 20, 2022 5:04 PM

All daytime talk shows are a waste of your time.

by Anonymousreply 71August 20, 2022 5:09 PM

[quote]Why do we hate giada? I don’t remember. I’ve seen her on cooking shows occasionally and she seems cute to me.

I’m always suspicious of people that have too many fucking teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 20, 2022 5:35 PM

@r11, "Giada was skanking it up in the green room in front of Keith Urban,"

Boy, was she barking up the wrong tree

I think all three of these women have issues handling balls. Nerves were frayed, tensions were high 😳

by Anonymousreply 73August 20, 2022 6:07 PM

R61, it isn't bullshit. There was an article about it from the LA Times (obviously before she was famous) that someone posted to the old Chowhound. It's been pretty much scrubbed, but if you Google you can find bits and pieces.

And, you are an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 74August 20, 2022 8:38 PM

There was absolutely nothing beyond the norm in OP's video. All three women were full on display of their own individual personalities. It's entertainment, and Ellen is a comedian.

by Anonymousreply 75August 20, 2022 9:29 PM

[quote]There was absolutely nothing beyond the norm in OP's video.

Nicole was clearly being a cunt and felt doing a cooking segment with some irritating celebrity “chef” was beneath her.

by Anonymousreply 76August 20, 2022 9:32 PM

Patti LaBelle’s Summer Berry Buckle is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 77August 20, 2022 9:36 PM

"Nicole was clearly being a cunt and felt doing a cooking segment with some irritating celebrity “chef” was beneath her. "

Maybe next time Ellen can get Brooklyn Beckham to teach Nicole Kidman how balls should be handled 😏

by Anonymousreply 78August 20, 2022 10:31 PM

Nicole has not eaten a meal since 1998. She was deeply triggering by the sight of food. Ellen? Drinks all her meals.

by Anonymousreply 79August 20, 2022 10:36 PM

Giada

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 21, 2022 11:12 PM

Giada makes carbonara, Italians cringe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2023 4:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!