Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anger as man appointed Scotland’s first “Period Dignity Officer”

Local authorities in Scotland have come in for criticism after they appointed a man to the role of period dignity officer, responsible for coordinating the region's response to a new law that makes menstrual products free to access in the country.

A group of colleges and local councils in Tay region in eastern Scotland announced the appointment of Jason Grant, who previously worked as a student wellbeing officer at a local college, to the role on Thursday.

However, critics argue that a woman would have been better suited to the job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2022 11:36 AM

Bloody hell!

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2022 8:30 PM

What’s a woman? 🧐

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2022 8:31 PM

Honestly, hiring a man for that position was stupid

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2022 8:38 PM

Is that why he’s wearing a red shirt?

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2022 8:44 PM

He could check me for my period any day.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2022 8:48 PM

Why does such a position exist in the first place? How about a Premature Ejaculation Dignity Officer?

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2022 8:49 PM

r6 = idiot

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2022 8:50 PM

Are we really meant to believe that all the female candidates who applied were so incompetent that someone who has never even experienced a period was the best choice?

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2022 8:54 PM

I could have used a boner dignity officer in high school.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2022 8:57 PM

Surprised they didn't appoint a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2022 8:58 PM

He’s hawt though

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2022 8:59 PM

He will be transitioning at the end of the month.

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2022 9:03 PM

Scotland is nothing short of Lost. There is no redeeming that ultra-woke nightmare country anymore. I hope they do leave the UK because no one sane in the other three countries wants this bullshit anywhere near them (except for in London, but London is hardly British, so that is a moot point).

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2022 9:11 PM

Its a they not a him why are all these women/ they/it / things having a hissy ?

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2022 9:28 PM

First comes the blood then come the boys or should I say Scott

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2022 10:14 PM

Why would a man even want this gross job?

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2022 12:02 AM

R6. I’d gladly sign up for that position—for free.

A few scolding-filled edging sessions with me and…cured!

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2022 12:26 AM

Judging from the picture with the article, he's been smelling all kinds of cookies, too. So a gay man now seems to be in charge of the program to provide menstrual education and products to women throughout Scotland. Maybe they can hire a lesbian to be in charge of their HIV education and PrEP distribution planning.

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2022 12:35 AM

I'd love Scotland to become independent, leaving Little Britain on its own.

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2022 11:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!