Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sex between men, not skin contact, is fueling monkeypox, new research suggests

The claim that skin-to-skin contact during sex between men, not intercourse itself, drives most monkeypox transmission is likely backward, a growing group of experts say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207August 25, 2022 10:06 PM

Of course. Time for some honesty about the situation. So sick of the liars claiming they got it at a dance party etc.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2022 7:23 PM

It must have been some wild dance party !

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2022 7:26 PM

And the media outlets who parrot the falsehoods because, apparently, stating the obvious that gay men are driving this epidemic through reckless and promiscuous sex, is “homophobic”.

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2022 7:29 PM

Get the smallpox vaccine, you need both shots before you're immunized.

No casual hookups until your vaccine status is updated.

You'll need your polio shots too, polio is back in circulation.

Another updated covid booster is available.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2022 7:49 PM

It’s those awful heterosexual’s fault, they’ve rallied against vaccinations for decades. Conspiracy theories thrive and people die.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2022 8:18 PM

Jesus, Covid and now this?

This country’s going to be so pent up soon they’ll probably start burning down cities again.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2022 8:25 PM

It is weird that this virus, not known to be transmitted sexually, is now doing so.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2022 8:26 PM

If not transmitted by skin-to-skin contact, how do you explain the dog in Paris catching it? It was the subject of a recent thread.

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2022 8:39 PM

R8, since you don’t seem very bright, I’ll help you out.

Educate yourself.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2022 8:44 PM

R8, the article, which is good, explains what is going on. The virus CAN be transmitted by skin to skin contact, but it’s likely that in most of the cases we are now seeing the virus was transmitted through anal or oral sex.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2022 9:00 PM

And yet:

A man noticed his first lesion and subsequently developed a rash about two weeks after attending a "large, crowded outdoor event at which he had close contact with others, including close dancing, for a few hours." He tested positive for monkeypox after seeking care at an emergency department about a week later.

The patient's "primary risk factor was close, nonsexual contact with numerous unknown persons at a crowded outdoor event," researchers wrote, and the case "highlights the potential for spread at such gatherings, which may have implications for epidemic control."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2022 9:03 PM

And we’re cloistering, and we’re cloistering…

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2022 9:06 PM

No-one is saying that it can't be transmitted by skin to skin contact. They are just saying that it's becoming clear that it's much more easily transmitted by sex.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2022 9:08 PM

"A man in his 20s sought care for a week-long vesicular rash he developed after returning from a trip to the United Kingdom, where he attended a large, crowded outdoor event that involved close contact with others, including dancing. Many attendees wore shorts and sleeveless tops. He shared an e-cigarette with a woman he met at the event.

The event wasn't specifically targeted to gay or bisexual people. And though he identifies as bisexual, he reported no sexual contacts in the United Kingdom or anywhere else during the last 3 months.

Clinical examination found multiple lesions on one of his palms, one of his lips, on the knuckles of both hands, and on his torso and back. Doctors found no penile, testicular, or anal lesions and no cervical, axial, or inguinal lymphadenopathy.

A swab on fluid from the pustule on his palm and a nasopharyngeal swab tested positive for monkeypox. Follow-up sampling 3 days later identified the virus in saliva and conjunctival and rectal swabs.

Researchers said the saliva and nasopharyngeal samples were notable, because the patient didn't have any respiratory symptoms.

They concluded that his main risk factor was close contact with numerous people at a crowded event, pointing to the potential for spread at similar events, which they said has implications for outbreak control. Also, they said fomites (objects carrying the virus) may be another transmission mode and that the inoculum for all possible modes is an important area of investigation."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2022 9:16 PM

OMG.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2022 9:18 PM

WHORES!!

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2022 9:26 PM

I got it from sitting on a toilet seat!

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2022 9:27 PM

Tractor

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2022 9:34 PM

I got it from the bus stop seats.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2022 9:40 PM

But I got it from dancing!!!

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2022 9:49 PM

If you got pox in your throat, your asshole or around your cock, you did not get it from touching a persons arm on the subway. You got it from eating cum or taking raw loads in your ass!

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2022 9:56 PM

No, that can’t be right, r21.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2022 9:59 PM

Read the godamned linked article you stupid ass!

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2022 10:01 PM

“No that can’t be right. I want to eat cum and take loads without care”

IDIOTS

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2022 10:02 PM

[quote]It must have been some wild dance party !

It was a conga line to end all conga lines!

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2022 10:03 PM

R25, yes, gurl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2022 10:26 PM

Yes, gay men are getting it through sex but it can be gotten through touch.

Kids of gay parents and uncles are getting it as are women. Also a dog has gotten it

by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2022 10:29 PM

What about my poosie?

by Anonymousreply 28August 17, 2022 10:41 PM

𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒌𝒆𝒚𝒑𝒐𝒙 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒎𝒑𝒆𝒅 20% 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌 to 35,000 across 92 countries, WHO says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 17, 2022 10:47 PM

R24 AFTER you have been immunized, both shots and preferably AFTER this infection recedes from the population.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 17, 2022 10:58 PM

R7, smallpox could spread sexually too, and also from mother to child, prolonged face to face contact, etc. But it’s a mistake to think monkeypox only spreads sexually. It was spreading through respiratory droplets in Africa. I think everyone is going to need this vaccine. Especially because viral spread in general is predicted to become worse with less biodiversity. Rodents spread the virus, and as humans destroy the habitats of larger animals that historically fed on rodents, rodents are thriving. Also as there’s less non-human inhabited land, different animal species that didn’t used to live in proximity are forced closed together, leading to more viral mutations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2022 12:02 AM

There was a small outbreak of monkeypox in the US in 2003 that originated from rodents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2022 12:05 AM

It’s unbelievable if not criminal that the MP vax is scarce to nonexistent in the Palm Springs/Cathedral City area. A major gay community with thousands of gay visitors.

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2022 12:17 AM

Oh, well, back to my bubble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2022 12:19 AM

[quote]Clinical examination found multiple lesions on one of his palms, one of his lips, on the knuckles of both hands, and on his torso and back. Doctors found no penile, testicular, or anal lesions and no cervical, axial, or inguinal lymphadenopathy.

This guy is such a fucking liar saying he hasn't had any sexual contact in months and got it from dancing. The dumb fucker obviously isn't counting the numerous blowjobs he's been giving. I mean, come on. Lesions on palms, lips, knuckles of both hands, torso, and back. He's been blowing anything that will get near his mouth, grabbing on with both hands, and letting them cum all over his hands, face, chest, and shoulders but none of them stuck their dick up his ass so it's not "sex". Fucking human cum rag.

by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2022 12:19 AM

If you can’t go without anonymous sex for 6 weeks in spite of the real risk of contracting a debilitating and disfiguring infection, I would suggest you evaluate some things in your life…

Sorry if that makes me a sex negative prisspot!

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2022 12:26 AM

2 months later they completely reverse understanding. It was clear it was sexual at the outset. But the advice was don’t touch skin. The way it was spread in Africa is not the way this spreading - and the disease itself is behaving differently. We don’t know.

The only thing we know is that getting a vaccine is almost impossible unless you focus and make it a full time effort - and wait. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2022 12:28 AM

ewwwwww

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2022 12:45 AM

I was in my doctor's office today in Geneva. We don't have any vaccines in Switzerland yet. I asked her when and she deflected, appallingly, to give me the boilerplate schpiel she no doubt got form the health ministry, about limiting contacts, and I looked her in the eye and said, "My question is when will we get the vaccine?" She replied "Nobody knows." And then she started her schpiel again. So I politely interrupted and said "Please, It just takes one contact. Having sex and fluid exchange with one person. I want the vaccine that will protect me." She was annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2022 12:56 AM

Condoms don't work?

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2022 12:57 AM

Stop whoring around and stick to one partner.

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2022 12:58 AM

After reading I was also wondering if condoms would significantly reduce exposure. Then you just have take care about not touching any sores or questionable skin conditions and making sure you don’t have any avenues of entry on your own skin.

by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2022 1:13 AM

R39 . Your country has to have access to the smallpox vaccine. Ask another doctor, she is being a jackass

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2022 1:13 AM

What about that dog last week they said got it from sleeping in bed with its owner?

What the Hell was going on in that bed?!

by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2022 1:16 AM

No, I don't believe the stories of the virus being transmitted through dancing. People are lying. The dog was infected by owners who are swingers. The dog owners didn't bother to make up a story about sitting on a dirty toilet.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2022 1:18 AM

Yeah, well admitting to fucking their dog would’ve landed them in jail!

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2022 1:30 AM

I thought lots of guys admit to ruff sex

by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2022 1:31 AM

Dataloungers. Can make a joke about anything.

ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2022 1:32 AM

[quote]Then you just have take care about not touching any sores or questionable skin conditions and making sure you don’t have any avenues of entry on your own skin.

Researchers retrospectively performed monkeypox testing on anorectal swabs collected for routine STI screening. Of 200 people who were asymptomatic for monkeypox, 13 samples were positive for the virus. Researchers followed up with those who were initially asymptomatic and found two subsequently developed symptoms.

The findings raise the possibility that [bold]asymptomatic monkeypox spread is contributing to the global outbreak[/bold] and that vaccination should not be limited to people with known exposure, the American College of Physicians said in a statement about the new research.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2022 1:39 AM

R45, this is the second time we've heard the "dancing" story. The first time it turned out to be a fib; I bet it will with the second guy, too.

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2022 2:13 AM

Transmission of monkeypox virus through INTACT skin appears to be much less frequent than through DAMAGED (including abraded) skin. Transmission through certain mucous membranes, such as anorectal, urethral, and oral, appears to be more frequent, and again, damaged mucosa would pose even less of a barrier to monkeypox virus. The structure of vaginal mucosal membranes and underlying tissue is different because the vagina needs to accommodate the passage of a baby without being seriously damaged. It's kind of why Bette Davis said she didn't know why "pussy" is used as a pejorative, because a vagina is one of the strongest parts of the female body because it survives the birth of a baby!

It's been hypothesized that in the parts of Africa where monkeypox has occurred, the nature of occupations there may result in more frequently damaged skin than in European and N. American countries, and the frequency of multi-partner MSM in those parts of Africa are likely lower. In contrast, in the other parts of the world where multi-partner MSM occurs more often, the major route of transmission became sexual activity, perhaps due to intense (abrading) interactions between skin and mucosa, i.e., penis in the anus/rectum and penis in the mouth (with its sharp teeth).

This is, in part, a rationale for focusing vaccinations on high-frequency MSM until the vaccine is more widely available.

I believe the effectiveness of condoms is currently being investigated, but it seems likely that if condoms decrease the transmission of HIV, they would do so for monkeypox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2022 2:35 AM

Full body condoms. One dude's nose is rotting off.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2022 2:59 AM

R11 so the one case study of non sexual spread turns out to be a bisexual man on PrEP who recently had syphilis. yeah, I'm guessing something was left out of his account of how he contracted it.

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2022 5:29 AM

How did children contract it?

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2022 6:08 AM

Careful people, sex can lead to dancing!!

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2022 6:20 AM

R54 It's not known yet how children have contracted it. There's been only 2 pediatric cases in the US (see link), so it's hard to know yet. But imagine if a child had a dermatologic disorder that caused their skin integrity to be decreased, and their caretaker had monkeypox skin lesions that were either visible or perhaps too small to recognize yet but were shedding virus. If an affected infant needed to be bathed and clothed, or an older child needed their hand held or to be snuggled, the virus could theoretically spread from the infected caretaker to the skin-affected child.

Not very likely to have BOTH of those required factors at the same time, you say? Well, that would result in a very low case number in children, which is what's happening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2022 6:48 AM

True or false: The entire world, including gay men, would be better off if so many gay men weren't selfish whores.

Considering those particular gay men have now become the main vectors of two viral pandemics in the last 40 years, maybe it's time for some fucking introspection.

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2022 6:59 AM

[quote] There's been only 2 pediatric cases in the US

They didn't provide any details about the second case that I saw, but the first case was in a gay household

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2022 7:05 AM

R38's post is horrifying. God knows how many people he infected with HIV and/or syphilis. His viral load is borderline AIDS. But he must have the constitution of an ox to not have symptoms or feel unwell.

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2022 7:09 AM

[quote]Stop whoring around and stick to one partner.

Preferably one who doesn't go fucking forty guys in the meat rack when you're not looking.

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2022 7:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2022 7:44 AM

Society will turn on gay men

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2022 8:00 AM

It's just coincidence that all the gay men get the pox around their mouth or anus.

by Anonymousreply 63August 18, 2022 8:03 AM

R32, does that mean the virus took fire because some guy stuck a rat in his ass?

by Anonymousreply 64August 18, 2022 8:17 AM

r58 In Germany, a 4 year old girl (making her the 7th female case there) got it in a household with two infected men.

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2022 8:23 AM

[quote]so the one case study of non sexual spread turns out to be a bisexual man on PrEP who recently had syphilis.

Where did you see that he's on PrEP and had syphilis?

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2022 11:00 AM

I truly believe that MonkeyPox virus is homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 67August 18, 2022 11:03 AM

I don't know why people are confused or arguing about how it can be spread.

It is known to spread through skin-to-skin contact. There's no need to argue that it's not.

It's spreading most efficiently through some kind of sexual contact among men who have sex with men specifically. If it were spread through kissing, fellatio or vaginal sex, then it would be prevalent among women. That leaves anal sex as a likely primary means of transmission.

Anal sex involves skin (penis)-to-membrane (anus) contact. Internal membranes are like skin but thinner and they transmit any kind of infection more easily than skin does, unless the skin is broken.

What's complicated about this?

If infectious agents can live on the surface of the skin and that skin is inserted inside an anus, then the infectious agent is highly likely to infect the person who is exposed.

It's not homophobic. Anal sex is a high-risk activity. We should all know this. To deny this is to live in denial of a simple fact. This is why many of us have continued to insist that forgoing condom use for anal sex is dangerous because PrEP only protects against HIV infection.

Oral contact with genitals is not the same as anal contact. The mouth and the stomach both contain potent digestive enzymes that exist specifically to break down foods, and these enzymes kill many (not all) potentially infectious agents. There is no kind of protection at all in the anus.

It's so disturbing that people don't just understand this. It's 10 times more disturbing that when told this, people today reject it on the basis that they believe basic biology is homophobically motivated. Thinking that way is a good way to die prematurely from a preventable illness.

by Anonymousreply 68August 18, 2022 11:42 AM

The guy went to the doc with a little spot on his nose, but had never had any blood work done for std screenings?

How bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 69August 18, 2022 11:54 AM

R69, in his defense (I’m an American in Germany) German doctors can be thoroughly unimpressive when it comes to diagnosing and treating serious ailments. If that man went to his doctor, the doctor would have to write him a prescription to see a dermatologist. Since specialists can take a while to see due to limited appointments, his condition probably worsened until it was clear he needed emergency care.

by Anonymousreply 70August 18, 2022 12:04 PM

Well.... fuck.

by Anonymousreply 71August 18, 2022 12:11 PM

[quote] And though he identifies as bisexual, he reported no sexual contacts in the United Kingdom or anywhere else during the last 3 months.

He’s lying. He’s gay and fucked multiple people. Everyone lies about medical issues all the time. 50% of being a doctor is getting around those lies to an assumption of some kind of truth.

by Anonymousreply 72August 18, 2022 12:15 PM

R65 she was just dirty because the parents didn't wash her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2022 12:18 PM

R70 That's what Germans get for supporting health care for everyone. They have to pay for it whether they get sick or not and the waiting times for a doctor's appointment are 2 to 6 months. Although that specific guy could have made an hiv test for free years ago but now he has aids. I guess it's a chav guy.

by Anonymousreply 74August 18, 2022 12:24 PM

I got it across the room from interviewing that Black professor.

by Anonymousreply 75August 18, 2022 12:29 PM

“The more the virus continues to spread, the more opportunities it will have to infect other populations, including wild animals — which scientists have warned might establish viral reservoirs that could infect humans repeatedly.“

It has been known to infect several animal species, including squirrels, rats, and prairie dogs.

While it may be in semen, it does not spread just through sex. The skin lesions are infectious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 18, 2022 12:31 PM

R72 is right. I have copy edited ambulatory medical guidelines, basically flow charts that doctors use to diagnose medical problems, and they always factor in cultural considerations that include guilt and shame. When a doctor asks a patient if they smoke, and the patient says yes, half a pack a day, the doctor will assume that the patient may smoke up to a pack a day, because many patients tend to admit to taboo behaviors that adversely affect health but severely diminish the extremity. If a patient says I am gay and I have had sex with an average of one stranger a month and I always use condoms but have slipped up a few times and not used them, the doctor can fairly estimate that that patient has sex with at least two strangers a month and frequently has unprotected sex with strangers. It has nothing AT ALL to do with judging a person's values or self-control. It's all about determining an individual's health risks and also estimating public health impact. Almost all people habitually lie because of guilt and shame but one on one with doctors most people give a glimpse of behaviors that may put them at risk but do not reveal the true extent of those behaviors.

by Anonymousreply 77August 18, 2022 12:31 PM

Then, DeFugTurd would be safe as nobody, I mean NOBODY, would want to ejaculate inside it, let alone, want to even touch or look at it.

by Anonymousreply 78August 18, 2022 12:35 PM

We were all for wearing masks and social distancing. Why can’t we as a whole stop having sex? Sex is one of life’s most lowest forms of pleasure. If you cant abstain for a while you have an addiction and problem.

by Anonymousreply 79August 18, 2022 12:43 PM

The first case in Iran is a 34 year old woman who has it on her hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 18, 2022 12:46 PM

Damn, r80, she'll probably be stoned to death.

by Anonymousreply 81August 18, 2022 12:58 PM

[quote] life’s most lowest forms of pleasure

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 82August 18, 2022 1:05 PM

“Replication-competent virus was found in air samples collected during a bed linen change in rooms used to isolate patients, UK researchers reported in a study released in July ahead of peer-review. The finding supports the theory that monkeypox may be present in aerosols -- suspended skin particles or dust -- and not only in large respiratory droplets that fall to the ground within 1 meter (3 feet) to 1.5m of an infected individual. High concentrations of virus particles were also detected on toilets, sinks and other inanimate objects used by hospitalized patients, though it’s not yet known whether they could be a source of infection, a study from Germany found. Transmission from mother-to-unborn baby has also been documented. It can also happen indirectly through contact with contaminated clothing or linens. Common household disinfectants can kill it. “

Over 300 healthcare workers have been infected. Cases are usually not that contagious but apparently sometimes are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 18, 2022 1:21 PM

Stop 👏 Having 👏 Sex 👏. What is so hard? Whores should be stoned to death like in the old days.

by Anonymousreply 84August 18, 2022 2:10 PM

This is only the beginning. I expect it to get much worse

by Anonymousreply 85August 18, 2022 3:37 PM

Way ahead of you, r84!

- elder

by Anonymousreply 86August 18, 2022 3:53 PM

It’s in the SEMEN!!!

by Anonymousreply 87August 18, 2022 4:01 PM

If you’re shedding monkeypox virus, you’re going to shed viral particles on the condom when handling it. Might not be as effective in decreasing transmission as one would hope. Monkeypox must survive out of the body better than HIV does.

by Anonymousreply 88August 18, 2022 6:32 PM

It’s totally plausible to have it spread at parties where people are in close proximity brushing by others who are infected and shedding the virus.

Another poster mentioned broken skin and I think most people don’t realize that shaving could be the culprit here. Most of these men are freshly shaved from top to bottom and there is bound to be some broken skin where the virus can easily enter.

by Anonymousreply 89August 18, 2022 6:51 PM

Sex between men isn't the concern. The casual hookups are.

Dancing? In the woods? Dirty dancing? In the woods?

No. Not the way this thing is spreading so stop the lying.

Stay home and have sex with your husband.

by Anonymousreply 90August 18, 2022 6:57 PM

DLers need to reread The Total Woman and learn to spice up their marriages within the bounds of propriety!

“The Total Woman is a self-help book for married women by Marabel Morgan published in 1973. The book sold over 500,000 copies within the first year, making it the most successful non-fiction book in the USA in 1974.[1] Overall, it sold more than ten million copies.[2] Grounded in evangelical Christianity, it taught that "A Total Woman caters to her man's special quirks, whether it be in salads, sex or sports,"[3] and is perhaps best remembered for instructing wives to greet their man at the front door wearing sexy outfits; suggestions included "a cowgirl or a showgirl."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2022 7:06 PM

It sounds like the woods is patient zero.

Is the woods a steward?

by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2022 7:08 PM

My Administration announced that we're taking steps to accelerate our response to the monkeypox outbreak, including making an additional 1.8 million doses of vaccines available.

We're working to make sure folks can access tests, vaccines, and treatments easily and quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 18, 2022 7:36 PM

[quote] Sex between men, not skin contact, is fueling monkeypox

And then there is the issue of gay men and their gerbils

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 19, 2022 2:08 AM

Today someone at work emailed a meme with a dog looking sideeyed at the camera and a caption that read I know how you get monkeypox. And frankly I found it in extremely poor taste if not offensive. Perhaps I'm a bit sensitive though.

by Anonymousreply 95August 19, 2022 2:26 AM

I was convinced I'd caught the dreaded pox but it was just a syphilis chancre. Boy, was my face red!

by Anonymousreply 96August 19, 2022 2:32 AM

Mixed feelings. Love so many are having man on man sex, but then there's Monkeypox or whatever it's being renamed. There's always seems to be a but, but not a good butt.

by Anonymousreply 97August 19, 2022 2:33 AM

R95 sue for harassment. They don't have a right to send that to you

by Anonymousreply 98August 19, 2022 2:40 AM

was it a gay man who sent that meme? I think it's pretty funny although in poor taste. I would just let it go: it only hurts because it's mostly true.

by Anonymousreply 99August 19, 2022 2:51 AM

He still shouldn't send it at work or email because the Woke police are always watching. How's that for Big Brother?

by Anonymousreply 100August 19, 2022 2:57 AM

You don't use work email to send off color memes, if you had a job ever in your life you would know this

by Anonymousreply 101August 19, 2022 3:04 AM

Was the funny offender using company WiFi? 101 has no friends and most likely works a shit job. Has to troll DT like a he/she/it vampire.

by Anonymousreply 102August 19, 2022 3:28 AM

ignore the Russian streetwalker, sue for harassment

by Anonymousreply 103August 19, 2022 3:36 AM

R95 was that person gay? Sounds homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 104August 19, 2022 4:12 AM

I think he is gay. And apparently funny, as well. Not like the reply101, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 105August 19, 2022 4:14 AM

Who is there to check these "experts". Even if this is true, it's only going to stir up more hatred towards the gay men. There are headlines of children and dogs who live with gay men getting monkeypox, and it's fueling hatred. This is so irresponsible, just ramp production and distribution of vaccines. I've heard that they started to quietly minimize the dosage of the vaccines so they can pass more of them out. This is unethical as well. If the vaccine isn't as effective as promised, people are going to make decisions as if they got a full dosage.

by Anonymousreply 106August 19, 2022 4:14 AM

the Russian streetwalker = troll with 🙊 pox of the spirit.

by Anonymousreply 107August 19, 2022 4:15 AM

the experts are correct. the media is comprised of not too intelligent people who can't disseminate information or facts correctly. this is not a sex between men thing, its a casual hookup not recommended during an outbreak thing.

by Anonymousreply 108August 19, 2022 4:19 AM

[quote] You don't use work email to send off color memes

Just like Capt. Jeffrey Krywy of Rochester NY shouldn't allegedly "force" his firefighting staff to attend parties in work hours.

by Anonymousreply 109August 19, 2022 4:21 AM

Yes I agree we shouldn't use work emails to send controversial things.

by Anonymousreply 110August 19, 2022 4:29 AM

Whores disease. Only whores get it. No one cares about whores. Next topic please!

by Anonymousreply 111August 19, 2022 12:37 PM

R105 r104 he is not gay. Married and straight.

by Anonymousreply 112August 19, 2022 1:43 PM

"This is so irresponsible"

Fuckjng without protection is irresponsible. Promoting any other narrative is disinformation.

by Anonymousreply 113August 19, 2022 2:08 PM

experts are not saying do not fuck.

by Anonymousreply 114August 19, 2022 2:20 PM

How long before the vaccine is widely available? End of the year?

by Anonymousreply 115August 19, 2022 10:58 PM

R115, gay men in every country in the world are still fucking like selfish assholes, so, ya know, it's gonna be a while. Monkeypox is almost 100% preventable, just like HIV...yet here we are, again.

by Anonymousreply 116August 19, 2022 11:44 PM

Predictable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 19, 2022 11:53 PM

R116 its ONLY preventable 2 ways

1) abstinence

2) have sex 100% monogamously with someone not infected

Or it is somewhat preventable ??? if you are vaccinated - but I think you could still get infected, just fight it off easily.

by Anonymousreply 118August 19, 2022 11:57 PM

R118, I literally wrote "almost 100% preventable". So, thanks for agreeing with me?

by Anonymousreply 119August 20, 2022 12:14 AM

Why aren’t women getting this?

by Anonymousreply 120August 20, 2022 1:05 AM

Well many young gay men don't want 1 and 2 so they are gambling on vaccination. But that's going to take months and months before any concentration of "gays down to fuck" are vaccinated. It's a cluster fuck.

by Anonymousreply 121August 20, 2022 1:11 AM

[quote] many young gay men

Yes, many young gay men are idiots. They'd chop off their nose to wet their wick.

by Anonymousreply 122August 20, 2022 1:32 AM

A lot of these gay whores are middle age and older . They are usually meth queens too

by Anonymousreply 123August 20, 2022 2:05 AM

[quote] A lot of these gay whores are middle age and older

I don't recall seeing age-statistics on monkeypox carriers but the older people would have smallpox immunization resistance, no ? Meanwhile dumb millennials ......

by Anonymousreply 124August 20, 2022 2:13 AM

the average age is reported to be 35

by Anonymousreply 125August 20, 2022 2:17 AM

[quote]Sex between men, not skin contact, is fueling monkeypox, new research suggests

I guess I'd better come up with a story for my nephew to use.

My sister is such a suspicious bitch.

by Anonymousreply 126August 20, 2022 2:18 AM

R120 Read (or re-read) my reply at R51. The Cliff Notes version is: a pussy is tougher than a bussy.

by Anonymousreply 127August 20, 2022 2:22 AM

R120, what R51/R127 says makes sense, although a woman in Atlanta got lesions around her mouth . . . I also think that almost all of the men who so far have had monkeypox are not closeted or bisexual, so there hasn't been much crossover between the gay and straight communities.

by Anonymousreply 128August 20, 2022 2:42 AM

[quote] although a woman in Atlanta got lesions around her mouth

Looking at the picture of that woman it is open for debate if she has XX or XY chromosomes.

by Anonymousreply 129August 20, 2022 2:48 AM

R128 It's possible that receptive oral sex and/or insertive analingus may spread monkeypox virus in which the lesions could first appear on/in the mouth and/or face of the newly-infected person. I think more data are needed to figure that out.

The observation that women who have oral and/or vaginal sex with men don't seem to be getting symptomatic monkeypox infections at anywhere near the frequency of gay men (at least so far) has led to the hypothesis that currently the spread is mainly in the gay male community, particularly those that have frequent multi-partner sex. Of course, that can then spread to gays that don't have high-frequency group sex but have been infected by a man that does.

How far the infection gets in women might then depend on how many infected gay/bi men also have sex with women and is the sex vaginal, anal, and/or oral.

Almost nothing in biology happens 100% of the time. You start with the most frequently-repeated phenomena, figure out what's going on, and then use that knowledge to work outward from there to the less frequent phenomena.

by Anonymousreply 130August 20, 2022 3:30 AM

Avoid bottom and vers guys just to be on the safe side.

by Anonymousreply 131August 20, 2022 3:32 AM

Just keep it zipped until this sorts out a bit. Or until you are vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 132August 20, 2022 3:34 AM

R129, there are 40 cases among women in California so far, representing 1.5 percent of total cases in the state. There are 77 cases among straight men. A lot of articles are saying people know enough about the rash that someone who had it would get tested, but keep in mind sometimes the rash consists of just one or two bumps in an out of the way spot. So with the stats the way they are, I’d wonder how that plays into doctors ordering tests for straight men and women if they don’t have a very obvious presentation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 20, 2022 4:00 AM

Update to my reply above R56 There are now 9 cases of pediatric monkeypox in the US. For some of them, there was a known infected person in the family. It would be helpful to know what, if any, medical conditions the children have, but that might not be reported until a large enough number of pediatric patients have been studied to give the data enough meaning to report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 20, 2022 4:03 AM

New York Times

Racial Disparities Have Marked the Monkeypox Vaccine Rollout

New York City has released new data showing that Black men have received far fewer monkeypox vaccines than their share of the at-risk population ...

by Anonymousreply 135August 20, 2022 4:12 AM

blackity blackity black black black.

by Anonymousreply 136August 20, 2022 4:17 AM

"These sores can look like pimples and may be painful or itchy. They can be inside the body, including mouth, anus or vagina," the Illinois Department of Public Health states.“

“In this outbreak, however, many patients have reported seeing only a couple of bumps or having internal lesions, including in the throat and rectum.”

So some patients, especially not in groups considered high risk, are probably not being tested, if they have only a couple internal lesions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 20, 2022 4:24 AM

I got it from riding a crowded bus.

by Anonymousreply 138August 20, 2022 4:41 AM

City Health can vaccinate POC trannies at HAGS on Pay What You Can Sundays.

by Anonymousreply 139August 20, 2022 4:55 AM

Here's a link to a thread that describes studies that included testing of both men and women for monkeypox. It's not that women never get it, but rather that gay men have been overwhelmingly getting it, at least up to now. But, as we learned from COVID, things can change very quickly and therefore need to be monitored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 20, 2022 4:59 AM

They don't mention monkeypox but I assume that played a part in this decision:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 20, 2022 5:20 AM

116 That's what a lot of folks are saying while screaming of unnatural sin, disease, crime and quoting the bible as hate crimes continue to rise worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 142August 20, 2022 5:23 AM

Still awaiting the proposed name change to prevent stigmatization.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 20, 2022 12:42 PM

Poor monkey always getting a bad rap

by Anonymousreply 144August 20, 2022 12:44 PM

are u serious r138? You weren't riding dick in the back of the bus where you?

by Anonymousreply 145August 20, 2022 12:51 PM

You can still get it if you’re vaccinated, whores.

by Anonymousreply 146August 20, 2022 1:03 PM

Thank God I’m celibate

by Anonymousreply 147August 20, 2022 1:05 PM

I got it doing the Can Can at a gay destination wedding.

by Anonymousreply 148August 20, 2022 1:07 PM

Sexual contact is not required.

Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 20, 2022 1:47 PM

Dancing my way through Monkeypox! Chachacha. 🕺🏼💃

by Anonymousreply 150August 20, 2022 2:29 PM

What dances are the riskiest?

by Anonymousreply 151August 20, 2022 2:57 PM

[quote]Dancing my way through Monkeypox! Chachacha. 🕺🏼💃

Cha cha bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 20, 2022 3:21 PM

Tango? Conga? The twist?

by Anonymousreply 153August 20, 2022 3:24 PM

[quote]You can still get it if you’re vaccinated, whores.

Can you still get the sores if you're vaccinated

by Anonymousreply 154August 20, 2022 3:44 PM

The Hokey Poxy

by Anonymousreply 155August 20, 2022 5:10 PM

From the LA Times article linked at R117:

[quote]About 98% of cases for which there is gender identity information available are among males, county figures show.

Evidently, public health officials are logging data based on each case's gender self-ID.

Insanity.

by Anonymousreply 156August 20, 2022 5:50 PM

I got it from riding a tractor in my swimsuit!

by Anonymousreply 157August 20, 2022 5:56 PM

[quote][R129], there are 40 cases among women in California so far, representing 1.5 percent of total cases in the state.

No, R133. There are 40 cases among women in California who [bold]identify[/bold] as women.

From the CDPH link:

[quote]As sex assigned at birth was often not reported, counts of cases in cisgender categories could not be reliably distinguished among the “Male” and “Female” categories of data.

This is neither reliable nor scientific data.

by Anonymousreply 158August 20, 2022 5:56 PM

A pregnant woman was infected back in July. At least some of the pediatric cases are in people with immune disorders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 20, 2022 5:59 PM

I heard you can get it from doing the Virginia reel!

by Anonymousreply 160August 20, 2022 6:01 PM

You can’t get it if you keep one foot on the ground when you’re rimming a hustler.

by Anonymousreply 161August 20, 2022 6:08 PM

If you douche with Coke (regular, not Diet) and then do a few jumping jacks you’ll be right as rain and ready to dance again in no time.

by Anonymousreply 162August 20, 2022 6:45 PM

W&W, r161.

😂

by Anonymousreply 163August 20, 2022 7:31 PM

It’s running rampant among the lascars and opium houses of Rotherhithe!

- Gentleman with knowledge of dock etiquette

by Anonymousreply 164August 20, 2022 7:38 PM

If I am to have a doctor whether I will or not, let me at least have someone in whom I have confidence! Shall I demonstrate your own ignorance? What do you know, pray, of Tapanuli fever? What do you know of the black Formosa corruption?

WELL?

by Anonymousreply 165August 20, 2022 7:42 PM

Uh, R164, you can add a custom sign-off in the Posted By field.

by Anonymousreply 166August 20, 2022 8:00 PM

Those are coolie diseases, Sherlock. Ask the Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 167August 20, 2022 8:20 PM

Yes, r166, but they only show up for subscribers.

I want the whole of Datalounge to know me better, man!

by Anonymousreply 168August 20, 2022 8:24 PM

Indeed, r167. And they did quite a bit of squealing towards the end.

by Anonymousreply 169August 20, 2022 8:25 PM

Does a history of tsutsugamushi, kwashiorkor, dracunculiasis, blackwater fever and loa loa predispose one to the pox?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 170August 21, 2022 12:06 AM

R170 needs to switch to Moland Springs.

by Anonymousreply 171August 21, 2022 12:07 AM

[quote]As sex assigned at birth was often not reported,

Did they ask the patient and the patient refused to answer? Was the report from the physician, who surely knew but chose to be "sensitive"? This is vital information because biology doesn't give a shit about what pronouns you use or what you call yourself. A pox on all who let political correctness, wokeness, "sensitivity" or just cowardice stand in the way of proper science by fearing to ask "were you born male or female ... I'm sorry you're offended but we need to know. From your exam, I believe you were born male, and that's what I'm reporting."

by Anonymousreply 172August 21, 2022 12:11 AM

[quote]No, [R133]. There are 40 cases among women in California who identify as women.

by Anonymousreply 173August 21, 2022 12:45 AM

DL truncated my post. It should have been:

[quote]There are 40 cases among people in California who [bold]identify as women[/bold].

We cannot get accurate data if medical professionals and public health officials continue to engage in make-believe with the delusional.

by Anonymousreply 174August 21, 2022 12:57 AM

Icky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 21, 2022 12:57 AM

But, R175, at least she was "sex positive"!

by Anonymousreply 176August 21, 2022 1:06 AM

The first case of monkeypox in someone younger than 18 has been identified in New York, according to health officials.

Within New York City, there were 2,596 cases as of Friday, according to the city DOH.

by Anonymousreply 177August 21, 2022 1:13 AM

Under 18 as in a 17 year old twink or under 18 as in a three year old?

by Anonymousreply 178August 21, 2022 3:14 AM

R178, They’re not making it clear whether it was a child or a teenager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 21, 2022 3:18 AM

Medical professionals are coy as shit these days.

by Anonymousreply 180August 21, 2022 3:22 AM

It's ridiculous, R180. Can't get accurate sex data or age data, even when it is anonymous. Those are the two immutable characteristics all of humanity shares beyond our shared species. We are all humans of one of two sexes and we age in years. Can we go back to reality before this bullshit ends the world?

by Anonymousreply 181August 21, 2022 3:30 AM

[quote] They’re not making it clear whether it was a child or a teenager.

Which by itself is a pretty good clue Child Protective Services should be called

by Anonymousreply 182August 21, 2022 3:38 AM

It’s a whores disease and I am no whore!

by Anonymousreply 183August 21, 2022 3:40 PM

R180 and R181, I don't think that's true of all physicians, especially older docs in private practice, but you're 100% right about academic medicine. That's where research happens, so it's important. The faculty at most medical schools is nearly 100% progressive on every issue, but especially sexual and gender issues. While I don't think any of these people - who really are dedicated and honorable professionals - would deliberately let a pandemic spread, I do think they will twist themselves into pretzels to avoid saying anything that any oppressed group would find offensive (including gay men). They would do this partly out of fear of Twitterstorms and controversy but also because they true believers.

by Anonymousreply 184August 22, 2022 12:29 AM

From AIDS to monkeypox, we have gone 180 degrees, from people not caring about a "gay disease" to the medical establishment and public health official being so careful to avoid offending the "LGBTQIA+ community" that they put a priority on not stigmatizing ANYBODY over telling the honest, if unwelcome and slightly embarrassing truth.

by Anonymousreply 185August 22, 2022 12:32 AM

Just stop having sex. Isn’t that hard especially if you can’t get any from anyone.

by Anonymousreply 186August 22, 2022 12:22 PM

Experts don't say "no sex", they recommend no casual hookups during this outbreak, not celibacy.

If infected, stay home until the infection clears.

This doesn't appear to be fatal but can leave behind disfiguring scars.

Your whore career will be threatened if you are scarred up in sensitive places.

by Anonymousreply 187August 22, 2022 1:12 PM

Yes not fatal. 7 deaths outside of Africa happened in mostly Latin America, then Spain and India. 7th death: 50 year old Italian tourist in Cuba.

by Anonymousreply 188August 23, 2022 3:27 AM

R188, I don’t know about the other deaths, but two deaths in Spain happened because the infection travelled to the brain. Brrrrr . . .

by Anonymousreply 189August 23, 2022 3:32 AM

R185 Yes, sadly, both responses seem to result from prioritizing the fear of societal/political repercussions over the health of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 190August 23, 2022 3:33 AM

So the Italian would have spread it to the Cuban gay guys

by Anonymousreply 191August 23, 2022 3:33 AM

Just now that I've finally returned to the gym to lift after a 2 year Covid hiatus, I now have to worry about contracting this MPX shit from contaminated metal surfaces...?! FFS.

by Anonymousreply 192August 23, 2022 4:05 AM

I don't need the pox, I've got enough holes in my head, already.

by Anonymousreply 193August 23, 2022 5:16 AM

Administration policy fucks up yet again

The Biden administration’s strategy for stretching scarce monkeypox shots is instead leading to fewer vaccinations and could worsen racial health disparities.

The federal government last week slashed the number of vials states received in anticipation of each being able to vaccinate up to five people per vial instead of one.

But health officials in half a dozen states told POLITICO that they are routinely able to extract only three or four doses per vial, meaning they were able to vaccinate fewer people last week than if the federal government had made no changes at all because of the drastically reduced allocations.

These officials have had to scramble to reorganize their vaccination efforts — canceling clinics, rescheduling staff and delaying plans to expand eligibility.

“𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚’𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔,” said Patrick Ashley, senior deputy director at Washington, D.C.’s Department of Health. “𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒏𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 24, 2022 11:36 AM

How confident are we that the reduced dose/number of shots leads to full immunity? If it does, why was the second shot/higher dose required in the first place. If not ... then what good does it do? A "less severe infection" or some other COVID retread is not particularly reassuring.

by Anonymousreply 195August 25, 2022 12:02 AM

Will we ever dance again?

by Anonymousreply 196August 25, 2022 2:23 PM

CHACHACHA!!!

🕺🏼💃🕺🏼💃

by Anonymousreply 197August 25, 2022 2:54 PM

This tweet explains the breakthrough infections. It's messy gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 25, 2022 3:33 PM

Compulsive sexual behaviors, not gay male sex.

Does drug and alcohol compulsion share a component in this outbreak?

by Anonymousreply 199August 25, 2022 4:02 PM

In recent days I've seen a few cases of post vaxx #monkeypox infections in individuals developed symptoms shortly after their first dose of JYNNEOS. This is not "breakthrough" infxn, this is infxn acquired due to exposure when antibody levels were not yet at protective levels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 25, 2022 4:04 PM

I have only one dose so far but I experienced no symptoms except for a small red spot where the vaccine was injected. Am I protected? Did some of you also experience nothing?

by Anonymousreply 201August 25, 2022 4:10 PM

Have not yet received, a buddy has his first shot and experienced fatigue with gastrointestinal issues

by Anonymousreply 202August 25, 2022 4:13 PM

Are you sex negatives telling me I can't be vaccinated Thursday and be on my back in Fire Island's meat rack hovering loads Friday night?

by Anonymousreply 203August 25, 2022 4:28 PM

*HOOVERING

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 25, 2022 4:29 PM

Follow the recommendations of your drs. They will tell you when you can start partying again.

by Anonymousreply 205August 25, 2022 4:47 PM

There has never been a time with greater trust in our doctors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 25, 2022 9:35 PM

r206 is a single minded individual with a narrow field of interest

by Anonymousreply 207August 25, 2022 10:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!