Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wow, Sarah Palin will lose her Alaska Congressional Primary!

68% of the votes counted and her opponent, Peltola, has 35.1%, and Palin, 31.4%.

Great to see this grifter stopped.

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2022 10:50 PM

Link here. Looks like it's an all candidate primary.

She will win the GOP nomination but she's losing to the Dem in the Primary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2022 12:28 PM

It's a ranked choice primary with the top 4 contenders of any party advancing. Palin got second place,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2022 12:29 PM

Is Peltola even crazier than Palin?

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2022 12:30 PM

I hope she sees failure from her house.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2022 12:30 PM

Peltola is the Democrat. And depending on how the ranked choice voting shakes out, she actually might win,

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2022 12:33 PM

Thanks r5

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2022 12:34 PM

[quote]I hope she sees failure from her house.

I doubt it. She can't see lunacy inside her house.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2022 12:34 PM

You know, it could almost be fun to see the nuclear level fusion of moronics and stupidity she and Marjorie Taylor Greene would inevitably make together. ALMOST. I mean, if the Dems kept a strong majority in the House, which we just may pull off, Palin would prove for some much-needed mock-level levity. And yet, it's just much too dangerous to tempt that fate. The only silver lining in her possible win would be that even the Conservative Republicans don't take her seriously anymore. They'd schmooze her for her single vote, but she will never get legislation passed and in a state that's kept a blue dog Democrat-style Republican in the Senate for 40 years, there's no way Palin would ever ascend past junior House member. Let's just hope she stays put. But, OH the laughs she would bring us! PLUS the return of Tina Fey's Palin character! (Okay, maybe not that.)

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2022 12:41 PM

Peltola actually sounds awesome. She's a native Alaskan and just strikes the exact tone Democrats should be taking this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2022 12:41 PM

[quote]They'd schmooze her for her single vote, but she will never get legislation passed and in a state that's kept a blue dog Democrat-style Republican in the Senate for 40 years, there's no way Palin would ever ascend past junior House member.

Lisa Murkowski is in trouble. She finished first in the primary, but barely. Since the Democrat will also advance, she's got the chance of losing to the Trump-backed candidate unless the Democrat comes out and tells people to vote for her.

Alaska's system is weird.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2022 12:45 PM

Don't count the proverbial chickens............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2022 12:47 PM

I wonder if Peltola has routes in Finland. Her last name sounds Finnish.

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2022 12:47 PM

I’ll never forgive Meghan McCain’s father for picking this cunt as his running mate.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2022 12:49 PM

That's her married name.

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2022 12:51 PM

Maybe she’ll kill herself…

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2022 1:00 PM

R12 thinks Peltola is on Ice Road Truckers, which she may be, idk

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2022 1:05 PM

R3 Why are you thanking R5. Your question wasn't answered.

[quote]Is Peltola even crazier than Palin?

R5 simply answered that she was a Democrat; that doesn't automatically make her sane.

by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2022 3:34 AM

Palin's former in-laws supported other candidate and held party at their house in support of other candidate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2022 3:42 AM

Palin needs to fall on her sword who will help.

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2022 5:18 AM

R18, I was waiting to see if someone had posted that.That's really all you need to know. They really are just trash on that side, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2022 6:10 AM

Garbage woman.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2022 7:29 PM

Ranked Choice is definitely a tactic Dems will try to emulate in other states to rig elections.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2022 7:36 PM

I thought they saud she was moving on...what's happening?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2022 8:01 PM

Society never accepted her as a celebrity presence alone (as Kathy Griffin put it: "she really just wanted to be a Kardashian"), so she came crawling back to politics, when she couldn't even cut it as a governor. I can't wait for her to lose, and I fervently hope she does. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote]I’ll never forgive Meghan McCain’s father for picking this cunt as his running mate.

He didn't pick her; she was forced on him by the RNC so that they could pick up the women's vote after Hillary lost to Obama and the men's vote, because straights thought she was hot.

"Others in the mix are Sen. Lindsey Graham, the South Carolina Republican who is advising McCain. But he is a more likely choice for attorney general. And those close to McCain say the person he'd most like to pick is his close friend Sen. Joe Lieberman, the Connecticut Democrat turned independent who was Al Gore's running mate in 2000. But if you thought Ridge would bring huge problems with the base, just square them for Lieberman."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2022 9:19 PM

I see defarto/r22 got his new script!

August 20, 2022

"Steve Bannon and Jim Hoft claim that Democrats are planning to steal the midterm elections"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2022 9:28 PM

So is she moving on or not?

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2022 10:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!