Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Single Mom Fired After Co-worker Reports Her TikTok Posts to Her Boss!

Nicole Johnson, 29, who was working as a special education paraprofessional, said in a recent video that a co-worker "turned in" one of her TikTok videos to the school administration to get her fired knowing she was on a "thin line."

The video that was reported, posted on May 14, depicted Johnson drinking from a Starbucks cup with the caption, "Me telling my coworkers there is no way I can come in early cause I have kids, but yet I arrive with a Starbucks daily."

"I put this TikTok out there didn't like think anyone was gonna do anything with it, I didn't think I could get fired because I didn't think it was unprofessional, it doesn't swear, it's not negative, it not harassing, it literally just me being like 'I can't come into work early, but I have a Starbucks,'" Johnson said in an August 11 TikTok.

The May video has garnered over 165,000 views as of Tuesday.

Johnson did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment. She also did not name her employer.

The series of events, which led to Johnson being fired, began in November 2021.

In a video posted this past week on TikTok, Johnson said that she was put on administrative leave for three weeks last November for uploading "unprofessional TikToks" and "harassment of a co-worker."

According to Johnson, the "unprofessional TikToks" she posted in November were intended to share her niece's story, who had a traumatic brain injury.

She said she then was emailed by administrators when she came back from administrative leave in December regarding her late attendance, which she expressed were caused by her struggles with ADHD and being a single mother. She said she then asked for accommodations.

However, in May, after posting the video about her Starbucks, Johnson said she was called into a meeting to discuss her social media posts. She claimed in her videos that human resources employee printed out four colored copies of someone taking a photo of the TikTok video, which she revealed to be what got her fired.

"They whipped out this full-colored picture of someone taking a picture of someone's phone cause we can't screenshot apparently, and I could tell who was doing the pictures and whose phone, and all that, like I knew who it was instantly," Johnson explained.

Johnson continued by saying that the administration that fired her perceived the video as a "slap in the face" by interpreting the hashtag #FYP as "F you people" instead of "For You Page."

"I look at them, and I was like, 'that's for your page,'" she said, "and I tried to explain it to them, but their all like, they're not on TikTok, and so they tried to end it with 'well it also means F you people.'"

In a follow-up video, Johnson explains the reason why she posted the original video, saying her job sometimes asked her to come in early and she saw a Tiktok video from other users about the same issue and decided to re-create it.

Johnson continued the video by saying she made the original TikTok private after two days, something she said she normally does. But it was too late.

"I'll never get to say goodbye to the students, though, they'll think I just left them," Johnson said on TikTok.

Read the original article on Insider

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2022 1:36 AM

She deserves it. Put your whole life on the web for people to see, reap the potential consequences. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2022 12:18 PM

r1 sounds lovely.

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2022 12:20 PM

R2 you new here? It’s DL tradition for R1 response to Be cunty… must be a Frau this one.

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2022 12:21 PM

"I said something cunty and when someone cunted back I called them a frau, because I'm very smart and my life is going really well!"

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2022 12:23 PM

[quote]Johnson continued by saying that the administration that fired her perceived the video as a "slap in the face" by interpreting the hashtag #FYP as "F you people" instead of "For You Page."

Okay, see, that's a problem. If people are going to fire you for what you post on social media, they need to actually be familiar with social media.

The coffee thing was obviously a joke, one she shouldn't have made if she was already on thin ice, but still a joke.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2022 12:24 PM

Mentioning the Starbucks visits before work while complaining about not being able to get to work on time because of her children…I feel bad for her, but maybe it wasn’t a good idea to post that?

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2022 12:25 PM

R4 *HISSSSSS*

I hiss at you with my caftan and morning coffee. Eldergays assemble and attack! 🚨 Frau Alert 🚨

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2022 12:34 PM

Dumb cunt fucked around and found out.

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2022 12:37 PM

She uses the word “like” all the time. I don’t need to know anymore. She like deserved to be fired.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2022 12:38 PM

I pity people who measure their self-worth, or lack thereof, by their presence on social media, and desire that others note their presence on social media.

I have no social media accounts. My life is mine, yours is yours.

Correctly, I presume you don't give a rat's ass whatever stupid, half-assed, self-regarding thought that crosses my mind and I certainly have no interest being aware of the same from you.

It took me about 10 seconds, after Facebook was created, to figure out, "You mean, I can type out any idiotic, mean, bigoted, ill-thought thing that crosses my mind and send it out into the world?"

Nope. I "canceled" myself first.

Besides, while my absence from social media doesn't mean shit to anybody but me, I get enormous satisfaction that not one of my pennies goes into the pockets of Zuckerberg and the rest of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2022 12:39 PM

R10 You realize you're on social media right now, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2022 12:40 PM

Maybe…just maybe….she goaded them into firing her insipid ass???

A content creator has got to keep creating content.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2022 12:40 PM

What's with those horrific eyebrows?

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2022 12:41 PM

Fascinating. However, your personal decision to not use social media -- as morally superior as it's obviously made you -- has no bearing on what others do in their lives.

The coffee post was an ill-advised joke, but a joke nonetheless. Claiming she was using profanity because they didn't know what FYP meant was ridiculous. She should have been posting under another name and not her real name, and she could have made better decisions, but I'm not convinced that we're improving society by firing people for posting stupid jokes on TikTok for their friends.

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2022 12:43 PM

FYP - Forget Your Pension

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2022 12:44 PM

We’re only hearing her side of the story, but so far she sounds like DJT, making excuses and blaming others for correctly interpreting what she meant.

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2022 12:46 PM

Yes, she sounds exactly like Trump, and I'm sure you made that comparison in good faith and not because you're a cheap troll.

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2022 12:47 PM

How DARE they try to fire Gen Z "paraprofessionals"?!? They are literally the specialest "workers" in the history of the world! And, like, Gen Z dictates, like, work boundaries, not employers, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2022 12:51 PM

Oh fuck off, R17. Go stick a dick in it, you miserable cunt.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2022 12:52 PM

She deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2022 1:01 PM

If you can't take it, r19, then I suggest you stop dishing it out.

I'm tired of the whiny baby snowflakes on you being cunts 24/7 and then crying like tittybabies when someone cunts back.

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2022 1:01 PM

R21 I ran that through google translate and they said you need to stop having vodka for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2022 1:03 PM

Sad how addicted these people are. She just can't stay of TikTok even though it was affecting her job. Loser

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2022 1:05 PM

What did I dish out to YOU R21? Nothing. You started it. I clapped back because you’re an asshole. And now you’re going on block.

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2022 1:06 PM

One incorrect word and you ran to Google Translate, r22? Wow.

"I'm tired of the whiny baby snowflakes [bold] like [/bold] you being cunts 24/7 and then crying like tittybabies when someone cunts back."

There ya go, little buddy. Sorry that was so traumatic for you. I didn't realize you were so afflicted.

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2022 1:06 PM

r11, ok, I maintain no individual, personal to me, facebook, twitter, instagram accounts.

[quote] However, your personal decision to not use social media -- as morally superior as it's obviously made you -- has no bearing on what others do in their lives.

Quite the opposite, r14. I think it takes a deluded sense of superiority to think that anybody should spend a moment of their time looking at my ( non-existent) social media account. I have no personal accounts.

Apparently, however, what this person posted on her account had "bearing" on her life. She's out of a job.

by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2022 1:07 PM

[quote]You started it. I clapped back

Oh my fucking god, this is the most embarrassing board on the internet, I swear.

by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2022 1:08 PM

It would be nice if we could get back on the topic…

by Anonymousreply 28August 17, 2022 1:10 PM

Tittybabies?

by Anonymousreply 29August 17, 2022 1:10 PM

We accept all superlatives, r27 !

by Anonymousreply 30August 17, 2022 1:11 PM

"special education paraprofessional" = babysitter

by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2022 1:13 PM

My hag once told me that she was the go to babysitter in her hood growing up, but she went on a strict diet and ate a whole jar of pickles at a new family’s house.

Apparently word got around quickly, and her other clients started ghosting her. She was still in a huff about it decades later!

by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2022 1:18 PM

[quote]I clapped back

Next you'll be calling everyone "folks".

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2022 1:21 PM

Most DLers are on here to self sooth, they're looking for the same topics with the same responses over and over again. The unspoken rules of Datalounge meant that this thread was only supposed to have two types of replies: one, I'm better than you because I don't use social media, which is only for poors and stupids, and two, this bitch cunt deserved it.

Once the thread veered away from what it was "supposed" to be, people got frightened and agitated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2022 1:23 PM

* "self soothe," not sooth, I'd rather this not turn into a soothsaying thread but I guess anything goes at this point

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2022 1:24 PM

That’s funny, r34!

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2022 1:25 PM

Admitting on TT that you lie to your employer on the regular, and surprised for being fired.

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2022 1:32 PM

She claims to suffer from ADHD. So do I. But I don’t post things like that.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2022 1:34 PM

[quote]"I look at them, and I was like, 'that's for your page,'" she said, "and I tried to explain it to them, but their all like, they're not on TikTok, and so they tried to end it with 'well it also means F you people.'"

Evidently, Yahoo employs special education students as writers and editors.

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2022 1:36 PM

When I read the headline, I assumed they were sexy TikToks or something. This just seems like they wanted to find a way of getting rid of her, and they thought this was an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2022 1:39 PM

It's unwise to post anything about your job on social media unless it's a post approved by your place of employment.

by Anonymousreply 41August 17, 2022 1:39 PM

R41. Yes, and most employers have policies regarding the use of social media for their employees.

by Anonymousreply 42August 17, 2022 1:43 PM

I love how vindictive people are getting in the work place setting lately. It’s like Stasi saturated East Berlin in the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 43August 17, 2022 1:56 PM

Idiots arrives late in the morning, but then brags about stopping to get Starbucks?

Moron deserves to be fired for sheer stupidity.

And honey, ADHD is NOT an excuse - that sounds like a YOU problem, not an US problem.

by Anonymousreply 44August 17, 2022 1:59 PM

[quote]My hag once told me that she was the go to babysitter in her hood growing up, but she went on a strict diet and ate a whole jar of pickles at a new family’s house.

I've heard this story before. It's an urban legend of some sort.

by Anonymousreply 45August 17, 2022 2:01 PM

I fired a person I worked with for social media posts. We worked in costuming, and he was loaning out pieces to his "styling clients", and his twitter posts had the evidence of "what happened to the silver gown?"

by Anonymousreply 46August 17, 2022 2:07 PM

R33 I think you mean "folx". I saw this story yesterday and was hoping we'd talk about it. My big issue is her lack of accountability, "someone like told on me and I like know who it was, she like got me fired". Will this bim ever realize that no one can tell on you if you're innocent? She seems like an asshole. Being constantly on tik tok is one sign and going to starbucks everyday is another one. And yes, the constant saying "like" all the time makes me think that her charges are not missing out on her not being there.

by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2022 2:08 PM

R46 Well that is different. You didn't fire him "for social media posts." The social media was just evidence of what you really fired him over, the unauthorized loaning of the costumes and whatever happened to the silver dress.

by Anonymousreply 48August 17, 2022 2:11 PM

Her ADHD. Get a real disease, dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2022 2:16 PM

R47 wants us to “Do the BIM”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2022 2:16 PM

I have the silver dress, actually but I spilled Chinese on it.

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2022 2:17 PM

It was not a joke. She was being a bitch because it's fashionable to be a bitch. She was gloating that she gets away with lying to her work colleagues, and is proud of it. Trashy bitch deserves all she gets.

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2022 2:20 PM

[quote]ADHD is NOT an excuse

Are you fucking kidding me, r44? ADHD is *the* excuse in our time for any and every form of errant behavior. I'm sick of people who invoke it, over and over and over, as if it's the Cool Kids fraternity, Alpha Delta Eta Delta.

by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2022 2:23 PM

Good luck finding a replacement. Special ed jobs pay crap and are quite hazardous.

by Anonymousreply 54August 17, 2022 2:26 PM

I get that districts are desperate for teachers but she seems too stupid to be allowed near children.

by Anonymousreply 55August 17, 2022 2:27 PM

R55 It was special ed.

by Anonymousreply 56August 17, 2022 2:28 PM

Heta.

by Anonymousreply 57August 17, 2022 2:31 PM

R46, you fired him for basically stealing costumes so he could rent them out and pocket the money. You didn't fire him because of social media, you just got some evidence you needed from social media.

by Anonymousreply 58August 17, 2022 2:45 PM

Stupid AND a single mom. Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 59August 17, 2022 2:48 PM

What a dumbass. I worked in schools and so many narcissistic chicks like this are common in Special Ed who are on TikTok all day with their makeup and hair and don't care about the special needs kids they're supposed to guide. A lot of teachers work their asses off and fight the administration for better resources. But there's ones who are lazy and suck and just do it because they can't find anything else to do with their lives who complain about the bosses yet don't fight for anything.

by Anonymousreply 60August 17, 2022 2:51 PM

I was a paraeducator for years and I saw no one who just "primped all day" or whatever, not even the woman who had literally gone to beauty school and was changing careers. I also fought multiple teachers who were Dataloungers at heart, calling my students "ree-tards" and refusing to even let them attend classes, and pulling rank every time they felt the least bit insecure.

This woman shouldn't have posted the joke about being late but walking in with a coffee if she was already in trouble, which it sounds like she was, but I am never going to support some grown-ass adult tattling on a co-worker just to get them fired. That is a punk-ass bitch move and fuck anyone who behaves that way. You handle your problems like an adult, even if you think the other person is acting like a child.

by Anonymousreply 61August 17, 2022 2:57 PM

If they paid better money to paraprofessionals, they'd get better workers too. Even in NJ, a blue state, they pay crappy wages to aides and paraprofessionals. Working in special Ed is not fun at all and I've done it a few times as a licensed substitute teacher when they needed help. I can see why the retention rate is so low. But it's not the kids' fault but the way our country hasn't found a better way to accommodating them and just treating them as burdens.

by Anonymousreply 62August 17, 2022 3:00 PM

She is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 63August 17, 2022 3:05 PM

Are those classy-type mental hospitals still around that str8s stuck their wives in for years if they were dirty lezzies?

Those seemed nice, like a spa. I wonder if you could order off a menu for meals?

by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2022 3:09 PM

Millennials spend way more time on TikTok than Gen Z does. This woman is a millennial. If Gen Z is on social media it's to make money. Millennials just love to overshare everything for no reason and think their advice and opinions matter. I'm a millennial, so I know.

by Anonymousreply 65August 17, 2022 3:17 PM

OMG, she wanted an "accommodation" because she has adhd and can't show up to work on time? JFC. She deserved to be fired.

by Anonymousreply 66August 17, 2022 3:28 PM

Amen R9. I mean like totally like vacuous.

by Anonymousreply 67August 17, 2022 3:32 PM

She's probably lazy but why does her school want her to come in early? Could be job BS. Is she supposed to be early because she's not prepared to start on time or because they're controlling and weird?

by Anonymousreply 68August 17, 2022 3:36 PM

She’s got a lot more time for TikTok now, so who’s really the winner here?!

by Anonymousreply 69August 17, 2022 3:41 PM

Stupid bitch. Thinks she can flout employer with wiseass posts. She was already on thin ice. What was she thinking?

by Anonymousreply 70August 17, 2022 3:42 PM

We've become a nation of rats

by Anonymousreply 71August 17, 2022 3:44 PM

I’m sorry, but if you work with children, especially special needs children you do not show up late. Being consistent is the foundation upon which everything is built for children like that. Doesn’t anybody remember the scene in Looking For Mr. Goodbar where Diane Keaton has to speak to her class of deaf children about how she fucked up because her boozing, boinking and drugging caused her to oversleep?

by Anonymousreply 72August 17, 2022 3:45 PM

All I'd have to do is see her smug face and I would despise her instantly.Im absolutely sure she has vocal fry for days too.

by Anonymousreply 73August 17, 2022 3:51 PM

You shouldn't be on social media in the first place, as it's garbage, but if you MUST.. please remember the golden rules of Public Relations:

1) Don't put anything, and I mean ANYTHING on social media that can be interpreted in different ways. Stick to a beautiful vista, your home-baked apple pie, etc. No statements!

2) Nothing is ever private: Assume a direct message (DM) between you and someone else is a public tweet. Discuss sensitive and/or salacious stuff IN PERSON,

3) The internet never forgets, screenshots from years (and soon, decades) ago can be pulled up at any time to pull the rug from under your feet.

If you stick to rule 1 and 2, those screenshots will only cover happy puppies, architecture, vacation snaps, and the odd "see you in ten minutes" or "it was nice to meet you yesterday!" direct messages.

by Anonymousreply 74August 17, 2022 3:51 PM

Sounds like she was a pain in the ass at work and this was an excuse to get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 75August 17, 2022 4:30 PM

Those special Ed kids she teaches seem smarter than her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 17, 2022 5:15 PM

[quote]”I put this TikTok out there didn't like think anyone was gonna do anything with it, I didn't think I could get fired because I didn't think it was unprofessional, it doesn't swear, it's not negative, it not harassing, it literally just me being like 'I can't come into work early, but I have a Starbucks,'" Johnson said in an August 11 TikTok.

Anyone who composed that abortion of a run-on sentence has no business working in “education”.

by Anonymousreply 77August 17, 2022 5:31 PM

[quote]This just seems like they wanted to find a way of getting rid of her, and they thought this was an excuse.

See, that’s the thing. When you’re already on “thin ice” at work, you have to make sure all your i’s are dotted and your t’s are crossed and that you fly under the radar. Because yes, they are looking for a way to get rid of you. The fact that she doesn’t have the self-awareness to realize this… means she’s probably too stupid or immature to hold down a job.

by Anonymousreply 78August 17, 2022 5:40 PM

A lot of highly autistic kids aren't really dumb. Just wired differently and communicate differently. But they genuinely do understand most of what is being said to them even if they can't speak back. The main reason they don't cooperate and listen because they don't care and are legitimately bored in the classroom. A lot of special Ed curriculums aren't good at engaging them.

by Anonymousreply 79August 17, 2022 5:52 PM

Even worse then R79, because you know this woman just spoke down to them and filmed tiktoks while at work.

by Anonymousreply 80August 17, 2022 5:53 PM

Guaranteed there were multiple other problems with this woman, and they were waiting for her to make a clear policy violation so they’d have an airtight reason to fire her.

by Anonymousreply 81August 17, 2022 5:59 PM

She’s going to try to sue the school district. Too bad she’s white.

My sister is a special ed professional. There are some really bad paraprofessionals working. They have a union, so it’s hard to get rid of them.

by Anonymousreply 82August 17, 2022 6:04 PM

Is she widowed? If so, I might have sympathy, but usually 'single mom' means someone divorced or never married with kids not supported by the guys she fucked to make them, which does not garner my sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 83August 17, 2022 6:04 PM

Pardon, friends. I was incorrect to bring up firing someone for his posts on social media, when I really fired him for stealing, and returning gowns without cleaning them. I mean.

This was back when social media was new, and people didn't think it had any real world repercussions. Anyway, my edible was kicking in, and I really needed to talk about gowns for a minute. Apologies

Please return to roasting the TikTok Loving Teacher's Assistant, now fired.

by Anonymousreply 84August 17, 2022 6:05 PM

How does one not know that in 2022 you can be fired for your social media posts, especially if they involve your workplace?

by Anonymousreply 85August 17, 2022 6:06 PM

Another attempt at a payday which will fail to materialize.

by Anonymousreply 86August 17, 2022 6:29 PM

I'm pretty sure this dumb, obviously uneducated cunt did not have any kind of degree in education. Probably hired to "babysit". A lot of women have jobs as teacher assistants that don't have degrees.

by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2022 7:00 PM

I hate people...unless the mom was a horrible person, why do that?

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2022 7:01 PM

[quote] I have no social media accounts. My life is mine, yours is yours.

Della, I hate to interrupt your outburst of self-congratulation, but I'm sorry to tell you that your verified Datalounge account is in fact a social media account.

by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2022 7:08 PM

So glad I keep my personal life...private!

by Anonymousreply 90August 17, 2022 7:12 PM

Alright, we've beaten this dead horse enough.

If I have to read a thread with over 80 postings then it damn well should be about molasses.

by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2022 12:41 AM

Oh well

by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2022 1:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!