Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

YAY! We now have to pay off all the loans of everyone who went to ITT Tech!

This is such great news because I was just thinking this morning how I really don't pay enough in taxes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2022 9:11 PM

Of course, the professors who agreed to sign off on useless degrees here while they waited on tenure track jobs won't have to pay anything back though. That would be unfair to them!

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2022 5:35 PM

Motherfuckers.

Are you fucking kidding me?

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2022 5:35 PM

Will people who paid off their debt get their money back?

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2022 5:37 PM

Only billionaires should get money from the government!

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2022 5:41 PM

These people were the victims of fraud.

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2022 5:43 PM

OP is one of the anti-trans trolls trying to stir up shit. His English is so bad in the thread about the Chinese woman arrested for wearing a kimono that you can barely understand him.

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2022 5:45 PM

Hopefully family members of those dead from cancer will get reparations when they discover a cure. That’s bullshit if they don’t.

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2022 5:47 PM

I’m completely anti-trans and support this, R6.

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2022 5:48 PM

Shit, I posted r6 in the wrong thread. Sorry OP! I have (probably) unfairly maligned you!

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2022 5:48 PM

OP would rather give tax breaks to billionaires and spend money on useless "audits" to determine that Trump did indeed lose the election. And don't forget the $250 million spent on that useless recall election in California

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2022 5:50 PM

If you aren't making $400,000 a year then your taxes won't go up, genius

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2022 5:51 PM

r11 My grocery bill begs to differ.

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2022 6:04 PM

[quote]This is such great news because I was just thinking this morning how I really don't pay enough in taxes!

Bitch I can guarantee you do not pay taxes in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2022 6:09 PM

r5 And yet none of the professors have ever been held accountable. Curious.

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2022 6:23 PM

But when yer holler floods you want FEMA to take care of you, right?

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2022 6:25 PM

Just cancel my timeshare for me, will you, Joe?

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2022 6:42 PM

The top 10 percent of earners bear responsibility for over 71 percent of all income taxes paid and the top 25 percent pay 87 percent of all income taxes.

The bottom 50% of income earners pay less than 3% of all tax revenue and the 50-75 percentile pay about 10%.

So unless, you are a high income earner, the impact of this measly (compared to the total budget) $3.5B will utilize an insignificant portion of the dollars you have contributed to the federal budget. And, as someone has already noted, unless your income is in excess of $400k, your taxes are not going up. So this has zero implications for you.

And the price of groceries also has nothing to do with this (R11).

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2022 6:53 PM

r17 Inflation is a tax on savings.

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2022 6:55 PM

r17 All I know is I make a lot less than the college professors who taught at ITT Tech, but somehow none of them need to give back any of the money they made. Sounds fair.

by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2022 7:05 PM

r7 Did they find a cure for student loans? Or is the cure just forcing other people to pay them?

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2022 4:24 AM

No reparations for cancer victims.

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2022 4:35 AM

R12, that's businesses raising prices, genius. That's corporate greed

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2022 4:19 PM

R20, if you're not rich then your taxes aren't going up

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2022 4:19 PM

I guess you'd rather pay for vouchers for kids to go to private religious schools that kick students out for being gay

I guess you'd rather pay for bullshit audits to affirm for the 800th time that Trump lost the election

I guess you'd rather pay for a police force just to investigate the extremely rare crime of voter fraud

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2022 4:22 PM

First ONLY those who took federal loans are having their debt cancelled.

Second the students who attended ITT who graduated received pretty worthless degrees, many didn't graduate and were never going to be able to repay those loans so the government was never going to get paid, so instead of ruining the credit of people already in a rough financial situation the government just decided to do the right thing since they stood little chance of ever getting paid back.

Third OP is a really disgusting low life or an idiot. I guess it could be both.

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2022 4:33 PM

r25 How are degrees from ITT Tech worthless but the 1,200,000 liberal arts degrees every year that cost on average $112,000 considered totally fine? I'd rather hire someone who studied a real subject at ITT Tech than someone who studied with this professor at a "real school".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2022 5:05 PM

IDK maybe you should ask Marketwatch.

Duped into paying for worthless degrees, these former for-profit college students could get their money back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2022 12:43 AM

BTW R26 ^^^^ this was during the Trump administration.

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2022 12:44 AM

Don't cancel any debt for Trump University tuition.

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2022 9:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!