Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Monkeypox Is Spreading Through Semen, It’s Officially An STI

That’s what health officials are now saying. You can get it without having sex but right now it’s 99% coming from sexual activity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 24, 2022 7:26 AM

Dah!

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2022 2:43 PM

Monkeycox

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2022 2:43 PM

Prep won’t save us now…

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2022 2:47 PM

Got my vaccine dose yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2022 2:50 PM

The whores are gonna cry us a river about how it’s unfair to expect them to get into monogamous relationships.

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2022 2:51 PM

So then the dog who got it was.....

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2022 2:52 PM

Ewwwww

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2022 2:53 PM

Mass produce the vaccine then. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2022 2:54 PM

R8, you can still get it if you’re vaccinated and good luck getting everyone to get one.

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2022 2:56 PM

Oh, the gays want the vaccine. What they don't want is to have to wait the six weeks between the first dose and the period after the second dose to have sex.

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2022 2:58 PM

Monkeypox m virus found in anal samples from asymptomatic men who have sex with men, raising concerns of asymptomatic spread of the virus via anal intercourse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2022 3:00 PM

Condoms!

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2022 3:01 PM

Why does it have to always be SEEEEEEEEMEN?????

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2022 3:03 PM

R10 A lot of gay men can’t get an appointment to get a vaccine.

The government should have been on the ball with this. They weren’t.

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2022 3:04 PM

Tattoos! Concentration camps! Hell fire!

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2022 3:04 PM

Does this mean Patient Zero caught it fucking a monkey?

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2022 3:05 PM

The Kids In The Hall called it over 20 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote]The whores are gonna cry us a river about how it’s unfair to expect them to get into monogamous relationships.

No, they're whining that it's unfair to expect them to reduce the number of their sexual partners at all.

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2022 3:07 PM

So the man went up into the monkey?

by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote] Though the primary mode of transmission for the smallpox-related virus is through skin-to-skin contact with infected lesions, this study suggests a possibility of transmission through sexual fluids or saliva. The authors emphasize, however, that viral DNA does not necessarily mean infectious virus.

Can’t any of you read?

by Anonymousreply 20August 16, 2022 3:09 PM

[quote] No, they're whining that it's unfair to expect them to reduce the number of their sexual partners at all.

I know most of you are shut ins and don’t have any social lives, but if you did, you’d know from being to bars or talking to friends or being up to date on parties etc that almost everyone at the moment is modifying their behaviour to some degree. Also see the massive take up of the vaccine and demand for same. It’s so outsider of you to behave how you are but more than anything just indicates your total separation from any kind of real life gay social group. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 21August 16, 2022 3:12 PM

Awww, whore at R21 is pressed.

by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2022 3:20 PM

Our enemy are DL men who WILL spread it to their gfs/wives and then to the masses.

by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2022 3:20 PM

[quote]almost everyone at the moment is modifying their behaviour to some degree.

Yes, that's evident from the exponential rise in monkeypox cases in this country.

by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2022 3:21 PM

R24 the two things can be true concurrently. Monkeypox spread initially while it wasn’t well known, the vaccine wasn’t available and there wasn’t much information on it. The lack of vaccine availability means that it will spread. If nobody had changed their behaviours then it would have spread a lot more than it has now. You can’t seriously be that stupid to not get that, come on now.

by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2022 3:41 PM

R22 have you been vaccinated? I’ve had my first shot and am having my next this week. I haven’t had sex with casual partners in 8 weeks, or since I heard about monkeypox. A friend had it in April before he had even heard about it and had a terrible time with it. It was his first time having sex in over a year or so, does that make him a whore?

People are allowed to complain about monkeypox and be disappointed that they can’t have as much sex as they usually would without it being some form of denialism. It’s frustrating, especially after covid. Intentionally misreading people’s frustrations as being inherently irresponsible is lame.

Sex is fun, judging people for enjoying it is loser behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2022 3:45 PM

r23, DL men have WIVES?!!? Are those the Fraus of Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2022 3:49 PM

It sounds like the wives are the vector, Victor!

Lock them up!

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2022 3:50 PM

Can we get an STD for once that mainly thrives in vaginas?

by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2022 3:52 PM

OP is absolutely OBSESSED with trashing Democrats and Biden, defending Trump, whining about liberals, and also with making monkeypox out to be a gay disease spread by diseased gays.

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2022 3:53 PM

That's nasty.

by Anonymousreply 31August 16, 2022 3:58 PM

r23 yes fraus and political lesbians only lie back and think of england. always passive, never active. it's always the fault of men, especially gay men, even when they're caught on film driving erratically and crashing in glorious flames

by Anonymousreply 32August 16, 2022 3:59 PM

The gays who can't control themselves are really making it easy for the community to get blamed for yet another STI epidemic. SMH. Everybody just wants to fulfill his sexual gratification NOW and fuck the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 33August 16, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote] It was his first time having sex in over a year or so, does that make him a whore?

Probably.

by Anonymousreply 34August 16, 2022 4:05 PM

Thank you, r20. In addition, elevated viral loads have also been found in objects touched by patients in hospital rooms. OP is a bad reader. And I don't know what the point is in posting a month-old link today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 16, 2022 4:17 PM

R35 yes. and covid was found on toilets, grocery bags, door handles, pet beds, bus seats for days after contaminated yet very very very few people got sick from those contracts. same with monkeypox

by Anonymousreply 36August 16, 2022 4:24 PM

The share of people who contracted monkeypox via sex is actually in the low 90s. OP is not only a bad reader, but is making stuff up, too.

by Anonymousreply 37August 16, 2022 4:35 PM

I live in a big city, and I can only get it currently if I am at high risk - HIV or AIDS, or in the healthcare field. Ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 38August 16, 2022 4:37 PM

[quote] Yes, that's evident from the exponential rise in monkeypox cases in this country.

Lots of asymptomatic spread. Plus, it takes some time to actually show up so many f'd with people who had no symptoms at the time.

by Anonymousreply 39August 16, 2022 4:51 PM

Oh this is such BREAKING NEWS! Who could have GUESSED?!

by Anonymousreply 40August 16, 2022 4:53 PM

I always thought they were saying "monkeypox" in Red Red Wine.

by Anonymousreply 41August 16, 2022 4:59 PM

This is SUPER AIDS!!

by Anonymousreply 42August 16, 2022 5:04 PM

[quote] The gays who can't control themselves are really making it easy for the community to get blamed for yet another STI epidemic. SMH. Everybody just wants to fulfill his sexual gratification NOW and fuck the consequences.

It seems to be more people like you that want to blame the community for the epidemic actually R33. If you had any wits about you you could check any of the hookup apps and what you’ll find is people warning others of the risks, providing info on where to get vaccinated etc.

Look at the lines for the vaccines, they’re well publicized - gay men are clearly being proactive and taking care of themselves so they can resume a normal and healthy sex life. You gals have your head in the sands and just don’t want to look at reality so you can scream ‘whore’ at strangers online it’s embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 43August 16, 2022 5:11 PM

Do you even believe the nonsense you're spewing R43?

by Anonymousreply 44August 16, 2022 5:12 PM

R44 yes it’s based in reality. Look up the vaccine lines. I waited for four hours for mine because the center was so over-subscribed. It’s not difficult you can just google it lol. There are photos. They’ve been plastered all over the threads here.

Or go on sniffies and have a look at the cruising zone pages and all you’ll the amount of comments warning about the risks. Enjoy x.

by Anonymousreply 45August 16, 2022 5:16 PM

Except they aren't waiting, you moron. They're getting one shot and going back to whoring because they can't wait. You conveniently left that out of your story.

by Anonymousreply 46August 16, 2022 5:18 PM

R43, are you serious? You’re gonna try and talk sense to the gay incel losers calling you out?

This site is filled with bitter ugly gay incels. They are that ugly that even that one poster who only had sex once in a year is considered a whore!

Best to ignore them and focus on a the few intelligent posters instead.

by Anonymousreply 47August 16, 2022 5:22 PM

[quote] Or go on sniffies and have a look at the cruising zone pages and all you’ll the amount of comments warning about the risks. Enjoy x.

I’m in Philly, a huge gay city. No one is writing that here. They’re still having orgies. Three are taking place within 2 miles from me with one already having 19 commitments. 6 dudes were banging each other in the park yesterday. San Francisco just had its kink event with people fucking and pissing on each other right out in the street. The gay left was all to happy to blame and shame people for not wearing masks during Covid. Gay men deserve the same with respect to Monkeypox. They don’t take this shit seriously and then it’s too late. They’re professional victims. A bunch of children spouting Marxist rhetoric acting like idiots while using meth and then blame breeders for their plight.

by Anonymousreply 48August 16, 2022 5:35 PM

Are the CumUnion parties still scheduled?

by Anonymousreply 49August 16, 2022 5:39 PM

Can someone explain what skin to skin contact actually means and how kids are getting it? Does that means hugging? Sharing towels? Are people rubbing their lesions in these kids faces or what?

by Anonymousreply 50August 16, 2022 5:42 PM

R47 yes I think you’re right, I’m wasting my time with the incel trolls.

The few intelligent posters seem to be fewer by the day unfortunately :(

by Anonymousreply 51August 16, 2022 6:38 PM

[quote]It’s Officially An STI

Even though data and studies suggest monkeypox is overwhelmingly spreading via sex in this outbreak, researchers aren’t yet comfortable classifying it as a sexually transmitted infection, or STI, which would mean it’s being transmitted via bodily fluids.

The WHO last month convened a panel of STI experts to discuss this potential classification, but these scientists decided against it at this stage.

“They’ve concluded this is clearly transmitted during sex, so they’re comfortable in describing this as sexually transmittable, but they have not yet felt able to reach a conclusion that this is an STI,” Andy Seale, a WHO adviser on sexually transmitted infections, told reporters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 16, 2022 7:01 PM

“In October 2001, at a dinner at Oceanaire in Washington, DC, the late legendary disease detective D.A. Henderson, who helped lead the global campaign to eradicate smallpox, treated his tablemates to a grim prediction. Given Africa’s massive population of people under 40 who’d never been vaccinated against smallpox, “monkeypox is going to become a big problem in the next 20 years,” Henderson said, according to Osterholm, who attended the dinner.“

It was predicted that monkeypox would be a problem around now, 20 years ago, due to the discontinuation of smallpox vaccines….I wish people had listened to this expert back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 16, 2022 7:19 PM

30K a year 'content monitors' will now arbitrate medical facts.   Conform, peons.

by Anonymousreply 54August 16, 2022 7:25 PM

I havent had sex since March … i had one dose vaccine , still no plan to have sex

by Anonymousreply 55August 16, 2022 7:32 PM

“ In Central Africa, the strain of monkeypox virus that has infected people is more virulent, with a mortality rate of about 10%.“

This is a potentially very dangerous virus that does not spread just though sex. It spread because smallpox vaccines were stopped after smallpox was eradicated in 1980. But the vaccine was 85 percent effective against moneypox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 16, 2022 7:36 PM

“But then in the late 1970s, the world stopped vaccinating people for smallpox. And people, thankfully, stopped getting infected. So over the past four decades, immunity to smallpox – and monkeypox – has dropped precipitously.

"So over time, new babies were born and they didn't get the vaccine and they didn't get infected with smallpox," Walker says. "Many of the older people who were vaccinated for smallpox or had an infection have died."

As a result, now the world's population has very little immunity to monkeypox. "We're actually at a point where population immunity against monkeypox is the lowest it's been in basically thousands of years," they say.“

Smallpox vaccines were discontinued in the US in 1972…they were usually given at 1 year old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 16, 2022 7:57 PM

Is there a way to determine if you got the smallpox vaccine when you were a child? I was born the late 60s, but unlike my older sister (born early 60s), I do not have the telltale scar to show I got the vaccine, and both my parents are deceased, so I'm unable to ask them.

by Anonymousreply 58August 16, 2022 8:09 PM

R48 Preach it, sis! There are some triggered cunts up in this thread. Pay them no heed. I can smell their projection through the screen.

by Anonymousreply 59August 16, 2022 8:10 PM

R58, Smallpox vaccines were routine in the US until 1972, but if you don’t have a dime-sized scar on your left upper arm, it’s possible your vaccine was in unsuccessful if you had one. “A “take” or “major cutaneous reaction” indicates successful vaccination. A normal take will show a pustular lesion or an area of definite induration or congestion surrounding a central lesion, which can be a scab or an ulcer. Anything else is considered a “non-take.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2022 8:54 PM

The Monkeypox vaccine Jynneos doesn’t leave a scar though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2022 9:03 PM

Not in the eye!

by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2022 9:18 PM

DL's unfucked bitter ancient Maiden Aunt Brigade is delighted to snark ignorantly and humorlessly about younger men with sex lives.

by Anonymousreply 63August 16, 2022 9:53 PM

Off topic but just want to share: I am between jobs. The weekend before last I saw a job posting for an assistant to the director of a STD non-profit. I am looking for a career change to do something I really care about and that I think will make a small difference in the world even if it's less than I usually make. I saw the listing and mulled it over but a week later the posting had been removed. This is heartening because I am pretty sure it means they had so many applicants that they pulled the listing. Carry on...

by Anonymousreply 64August 16, 2022 10:20 PM

Thank you, r60.

by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2022 10:36 PM

I went to the doc today for my annual physical. He asked if I had any painful anal lesions. Apparently they’re asking everyone, which is a good sign they’re taking monkeypox seriously.

But now, the doc doesn’t even weigh us anymore. He asks, “what do you weigh”?

by Anonymousreply 66August 16, 2022 11:09 PM

[quote] All patients reported sexual activity with as many as 10 partners in the previous month.

Yeah.

by Anonymousreply 67August 16, 2022 11:26 PM

Sex is one of the lowest form of pleasures. So primal, so dirty. I don’t know why everyone is obsessed with getting laid so much. It is like an addiction honestly. I am celibate and have no issues. You can handle a bit without sex just like you social distanced and wore a mask.

by Anonymousreply 68August 17, 2022 12:24 PM

[quote]DL's unfucked bitter ancient Maiden Aunt Brigade is delighted to snark ignorantly and humorlessly about younger men with sex lives.

You mean degenerate lives spreading disease. These people are miserable and use sex as an escape. These are also meth heads. It’s not a sex life. It’s a depressing life.

by Anonymousreply 69August 17, 2022 2:25 PM

R66, are you in WeHo? No real doctor operates like that. Must be a Soros doc like the one who is employed as an infectious expert and went and fucked half a city and contracted Monkeypox.

by Anonymousreply 70August 17, 2022 2:26 PM

R68 is an obese alcoholic hoarder, recovering incest survivor. So pure.

by Anonymousreply 71August 17, 2022 2:27 PM

My room smells like

A big bologn’ -

I know the ones to blame.

They spill their broth

On the tablecloth

They lead disgusting lives.

— r68

-

by Anonymousreply 72August 17, 2022 2:35 PM

What, r70?

by Anonymousreply 73August 17, 2022 2:36 PM

It was pretty obvious is was in the semen watching all the flaming queens with their mouths, faces, and chests covered in postules. I wonder if they are actually in the pattern of the semen spurt?

[quote]Can we get an STD for once that mainly thrives in vaginas?

Because of men's disgusting, disease-ridden cocks throughout the entire history of human evolution, the vagina has evolved defense mechanisms due to its susceptible internal nature. It's highly acidic and a healthy one will kill almost any pathogenic invader, including almost every sperm that gets near it.

by Anonymousreply 74August 17, 2022 2:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 17, 2022 2:57 PM

Holy fuck, r75!

by Anonymousreply 76August 17, 2022 3:01 PM

Acidic Vagina would be a good band name.

by Anonymousreply 77August 17, 2022 3:02 PM

To be fair, the guy with the rotting nose not only had undiagnosed HIV, but syphilis, too, possibly in the tertiary phase. Untreated syph can indeed destroy noses.

No surprise that someone as careless of his health was engage in high risk activity, e.g. promiscuous sex. Cautious people and people who care about their health and the health of others are less likely to engage in high risk activities.

by Anonymousreply 78August 17, 2022 3:16 PM

That pic at r75 is horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 79August 17, 2022 3:22 PM

I literally screamed at the pic in R75. This picture needs a warning ⚠️ label.

by Anonymousreply 80August 17, 2022 3:25 PM

[quote] No surprise that someone as careless of his health was engage in high risk activity

Isn’t this a bit redundant to say? Can you be careless of your health without engaging in high risk behaviour? Fascinating insights like these keep me coming back 😂.

by Anonymousreply 81August 17, 2022 4:07 PM

The scheming over vaccine availably and cries of victimhood, shaming, etc when asked to temporarily stop hooking up are the entitled attitudes and behaviors of SEX ADDICTS. It’s no different than a heroin addict gambling with the inevitable fentanyl overdose or blaming an overdose on everyone around them failing to have Narcan on hand. These whores take risks because they have an addiction to feed every minute of every day. Healthy people have no problem abstaining from sex to stop the spread of a painful and disfiguring disease.

by Anonymousreply 82August 17, 2022 4:29 PM

R82, agreed. These people just want to have their cake and eat it. It's all about indulgence and recklessness.

by Anonymousreply 83August 17, 2022 4:52 PM

Monkeypox can spread even without sex, and we may be in the early stages of understanding everything that’s going on and how many variants there are. It’s a virus that is 96 percent similar to smallpox and the worst of its variants in Africa has a 10 percent fatality rate. Smallpox spread with face to face contact and touching clothing and had a 30 percent fatality rate; it was the most dangerous disease in human history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 17, 2022 6:59 PM

[quote]DL's unfucked bitter ancient Maiden Aunt Brigade is delighted to snark ignorantly and humorlessly about younger men with sex lives.

Monkeypox can impact men of all ages. Hope this helps!

by Anonymousreply 85August 17, 2022 7:09 PM

All these queens shrieking about whore shaming when faced with altering behavior were probably the loudest squealers about people who didn't wear masks during COVID.

Pot, meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 86August 17, 2022 7:13 PM

“Quarantining seemed to be the most effective treatment until vaccinations were developed and became more available in the 1800s. President Thomas Jefferson started an additional vaccination program during the 1798-1799 epidemic.“

Quarantine and vaccines are older than the United States itself… Not to be anti-sex but anti-risk. Like, you have a 77 percent chance of getting in a car accident at some point in your life, but your chances are better when you don’t run red lights…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2022 7:14 PM

Yes, it *can* spread without sex but sex between men is still the primary driver of the outbreak, R84.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2022 7:40 PM

R88, I saw that too. But there are still more cases than we probably know about yet. The woman in Georgia who had it on her face first thought it was acne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2022 8:03 PM

“In the first study, published today in the Annals of Internal Medicine, researchers from Bichat-Claude Bernard Hospital in Paris conducted monkeypox tests on anorectal swabs that were collected as part of routine sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening in men who have sex with men (MSM), have multiple sexual partners, and are on HIV preexposure prophylaxis or treatment. The samples were collected between Jun 5 and Jul 11.“

There’s no doubt it can be transmitted sexually but at least part of the reason the numbers so far are so extremely showing a male-male sex correlation is that it’s part of STI testing that they do routinely.

The majority of cases did not have sexual orientation recorded - less than 10,000 of the over 30,000 cases. So yes, where that information was recorded it was mostly men who had sex with men. But it’s still 3 times as many people who didn’t have that information taken down. So the “97 percent where there was complete data” isn’t a true 97 percent of the total.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 17, 2022 8:54 PM

Straight men as a group are less likely than either gay men or women to be screened for STIs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 17, 2022 8:58 PM

That picture at r75 deserves its own thread.

by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2022 9:08 PM

A 40 yo man in Germany, never had an STI test??? Has Syphilis, HIV progressed to AIDS, and Monkeypox!

Some people are NUTS.

by Anonymousreply 93August 17, 2022 10:39 PM

Obviously he had all the tests, r93, but he and his GP are incentivised to claim otherwise now that he's allowed himself to get into this incredible state. Those tests do not show up automatically in most EU med records. The patient has to allow it to be in the file for the ER staff / a new doctor to see it.

by Anonymousreply 94August 17, 2022 10:44 PM

I don't understand other gays. Can't they just wait until they have received two doses? Do they really want monkeypox scars on their anusses and mouths?

by Anonymousreply 95August 18, 2022 10:30 AM

I don’t get tested. Of course I haven’t gotten laid in years and are practically celibate. Don’t feel sorry for those whores who get this disease.

by Anonymousreply 96August 19, 2022 12:31 PM

"I are celibate"?

by Anonymousreply 97August 19, 2022 12:32 PM

Celibacy does have the weird side effect of uncontrollable grammar mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 98August 19, 2022 12:37 PM

My mom told me that my step-dad has monkeypox around his butt. Should I send her a link to this thread?

by Anonymousreply 99August 24, 2022 6:37 AM

Butt sex is not safe

by Anonymousreply 100August 24, 2022 7:01 AM

Truth be told, I think almost EVERY virus that's detectable in (and transmissible via) blood ends up in semen & saliva eventually... and that includes influenza.

Herpes (and chickenpox, measles, etc) is one of the few exceptions, because it's ultimately a nerve infection that starts near the skin, but hides in the spinal cord after infecting a nerve cell.

by Anonymousreply 101August 24, 2022 7:09 AM

[quote] Researchers in Italy have reported the first known case of someone testing positive for monkeypox, COVID-19 and HIV at the same time. All three infections were new and followed a short trip to Spain. The patient, a 36-year-old Italian man, developed fever, a sore throat, fatigue, headache, and an inflammation of the groin area about 9 days after returning from a 5-day trip to Spain, during which he had sex with men without a condom.

My god, what's still going on in Spain. I read it's slowing down in Britain and NYC?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 24, 2022 7:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!