Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dr. Oz goes food shopping…

And all of Twitter has a field day mocking him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 19, 2022 12:25 PM

I love that this is resurfacing (it’s from April). He only gets the store name wrong, doesn’t seem to realize there are such things as shopping carts and baskets, and he says he’s shopping for “crudite,” which will really bond him to the average Pennsylvanian.

by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2022 7:40 PM

And who serves asparagus as a crudite (or vegetable platter)?

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2022 8:44 PM

Wegnergate.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2022 8:49 PM

Outsider is not resonating well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2022 12:23 AM

He a feig right?

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2022 12:37 AM

Not even Trump is stupid enough to pull a stunt like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2022 4:10 AM

The dumbest thing of all is that Wegmans has tons of prepared foods. At the ones I go to they have refrigerated cases towards the front of the produce section holding things like trays of cleaned and cut up vegetables — not including asparagus 🙄.

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2022 4:23 AM

He is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2022 4:26 AM

Repellant.

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2022 11:44 AM

Deport him.

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2022 11:48 AM

Who wants to tell him that six bucks for a container of fresh salsa (as opposed to jarred) isn't all that bad.

Even in a notoriously over-priced store like Wegman's.

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2022 11:58 AM

Fetterman campaign raises $500K in wake of viral Oz ‘crudité’ video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2022 11:50 PM

Fetterman has a very good social media game & on top of that, clueless Oz keeps handing him material

I blame Oprah for this. She's the one that foisted this snake oil salesman/ambulance chaser on America, as if we didn't have enough to contend with!

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2022 11:54 PM

He should buy a bag of tiny avocados and a couple of limes and tell his lazy bitch wife to make guacamole. I did this last week at Trader Joe’s and made a huge batch for under $5. No one wants to eat the nasty prepackaged shit. Also, fresh vegetables have always been expensive. That out of touch bitch hasn’t been in a grocery store in years.

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2022 12:03 AM

I’m sure they have a cook, dear.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2022 12:14 AM

r13, she also gave us that cretin, Dr. Phil.

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2022 12:17 AM

I know, r15. He also doesn’t give a fuck about spending $20 on groceries. I just wanted to call his wife a lazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2022 12:18 AM

I always thought Dr. Oz was a DICK 🍆

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2022 12:19 AM

Dude owns more than a half dozen homes, he doesn't give a fuck about this. He doesn't care about the US.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2022 12:27 AM

Asparagus is the most expensive vegetable for sale always and I never see it priced at four dollars per bunch.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2022 12:30 AM

Fresh produce is cheaper at Wegmans than it is at Giant or Safeway.

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2022 2:04 AM

He’s a multi-millionaire. He doesn’t look at prices.

Nor does he buy that gross pre-prepared guacamole or salsa

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2022 2:18 AM

Safeway is a front for something.

Their prices are outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2022 2:26 AM

Agreed, r23. It’s more expensive than Whole Foods for a lot of things. It is the closest grocery store for me, so I shop there more than I should. Their store brand ice cream, cheese, and other dairy products are the best.

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2022 2:32 AM

He’s not at Wegmans, he’s at Redner’s. He calls it “Wegners” because, as a rich, privileged grifter, he never has to worry about these things. Also, he’s lazy as fuck and just wants to quickly shoot and go.

I’d be scared to let this entitled, sloppy fuck be my doctor.

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2022 11:22 PM

He’s now addressed this controversy, saying he was tired after 18-hour days of campaigning.

But it says a lot about him and his campaign that anyone would actually post that video after hearing him mispronounce the store’s name and, yes, just the concept of crudite. And the fact that he’s rich and has never looked at a price gage in decades…

by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2022 11:13 AM

What is a price gage, R26? Maybe you're as out of touch as Dr. Oz.

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2022 11:19 AM

I wonder how big his obese daughter’s grocery bill is.

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2022 11:23 AM

He has a fat daughter??

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2022 11:27 AM

[quote]he says he’s shopping for “crudite,”

There was someone on here probably 20 years ago who went by the name "Monsieur Crudite" and it caused absolute pandemonium because people thought it was pronounced "CRUD ite" and didn't know what "croo-dih-TAY" was.

by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2022 11:27 AM

Dr. Oz’s fat daughter, Daphne…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2022 12:08 PM

To be fair, his face is pulled pretty tight and the time change from NJ to PA can mess with your head.

by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2022 12:32 PM

Let's count all of the stupidity!

First, "Wegner's" isn't a store anywhere. There's Redner's and there's Wegmann's, but no one has heard of "Wegner's."

Second, no one in central PA knows what the hell a crudité even is.

Third, people who do know what crudité is would not be reaching for asparagus and salsa. How do you even dip asparagus into salsa? Nothing would stick to or "sit" on the asparagus, it would all slide off and you just have a raw asparagus spear with salsa residue. Yum! No one does this.

Fourth, everyone knows every supermarket sells pre cut, pre packaged vegetable trays that are about $10 total, max. Someone shopping on a budget is more likely to grab that than try to create their own version with large bunches and bags of uncut vegetables and separate container of dip (or salsa, if you're from Mars).

Third, he mentions tequila as if it's part of the total grocery bill and something he's picking up at "Wegner's." Here's the thing: PA is famous for not allowing private sales of hard alcohol. You cannot buy tequila in a regular grocery store. You can only buy booze at state run liquor stores that everyone calls "state stores." New Jersey, where this con artist actually lives, sells liquor in regular stores.

This moron doesn't know what store he's in, doesn't know what state he's in, thinks rural conservatives shop for "crudite," mexican foods and tequila as part of their weekly grocery shopping, and can't even conceptualize how these foods are paired and served.

It's clear he never does any shopping, food prep or entertaining on his own. He obviously has staff to do those things. Every part of this brief and stupid video just illustrates how out of touch he is.

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2022 12:33 PM

r31 Daphne Oz lost weight, but her new TV show got cancelled in a New York minute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2022 12:34 PM

Is he slurring his words? I thought Fetterman was the one with the stroke?

by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2022 12:48 PM

Fetterman needs to do a video in response. He should go in a grocery store with a $20 bill saying "this is what many Pennsylvanians have to spend on food for a week, let's see how far it goes." He can go on to say many people can only dream about appetizer platters and how out of touch that phony pos is.

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2022 12:48 PM

R36 He’d be smarter by going to a farm stand, especially this time of year.

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2022 12:51 PM

It sounds like Darfur O lives in PA.

by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2022 12:53 PM

It would be more fun to see him lose his shit, run down the cookie aisle, grab Oreos, rip the package open with his mouth, and start shoving them in frantically. At least that was my nightmare last night.

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2022 12:55 PM

He got Redner's and Wegman's mixed up....saying, Wegner's. What a dumbass. He's looking at price per pound. A crown of broccoli is not that expensive, etc. These ads will help Fetterman. Keep it up, odd Oz.

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2022 1:02 PM

It's one banana, how much could it cost? $10?

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2022 1:05 PM

in his defense, there would be a lot of straight men whose wives do the groceries who would be just as clueless as oz.

by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2022 1:07 PM

Wanted to point out that upscale supermarkets have had overpriced pre-made "fresh" salsa and guac for at least 15 years and that the price for that has likely not gone up over the past year or two.

And no straight male says "crudites" even the ones who know exactly what it is and what it means.

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2022 1:07 PM

Remember when everyone was talking about his bulge in his scrub pants some years ago? Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2022 1:09 PM

script meeting: say he’s “shopping for his wife” because you know in Pennsylvania the men…they view shopping at a grocery store as women’s work…so say you’re shopping for your wife.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2022 1:12 PM

remember when having a media empire was enough for people? What gets me is this whole thing of “running for office” is now part of your management team‘s 20 year plan for your career. It’s like diversification for corporations, but for people.:

You spend some time in the public sector…maybe you even do well and go as far as you can go…and then you go back to private life in your 60s and 70s…getting top dollar as a speaker and host.

If it doesn’t work out in politics, you have your golden parachute of media to fall back on.

Of course we particularly have Donald Trump to blame for this template.

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2022 1:19 PM

*****BREAKING NEWS*****

Dr Oz to join cast of “Jersey Shore” for upcoming season!

by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2022 1:25 PM

Another Republican fraudster. Shocking, I know.

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2022 1:28 PM

Dr. Oz doesn't know the price is per pound, not item or package.

Also that's enough carrots to feed crudités to all the jocks and cheerleaders at Penn State.

by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2022 1:28 PM

Script Meeting: "Say he’s 'shopping for his wife' because you know in Pennsylvania the men…they view shopping at a grocery store as women’s work…so say you’re shopping for your wife. And just pick up items next to each other, no matter what they are, and pretend those are the things your wife asked you to buy. Pretend everything you went to buy was available within two feet of each other in an absolutely enormous store. Yeah, that's the ticket. They will totally believe that."

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2022 1:57 PM

Did he also carpetbag his own groceries??

by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2022 2:21 PM

I guess he doesn't know about shopping carts, either...

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2022 2:23 PM

[quote]We have a press conference coming up so just popping down to Wegners for some crudités. Anybody want want anything? - Four Seasons Total Landscaping

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2022 6:52 PM

It looked like one of his lame diet segments from his show, but he looked extra pissed about having to do it because he’s not getting paid.

Someone on Twitter killed me when they said he tucks his shirt into his underwear. I bet he does. I bet he’s also brutal to his fat daughter—he looks like a “no fatties” type of guy.

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2022 7:51 PM

My name is Crewe DaTay and I'm hella expensive.

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2022 8:45 PM

Does Dr. Öz still hold citizenship of the Republic of Turkey?

by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2022 8:55 PM

r56 Oz is still a Turkish citizen. He has promised to renounce his Turkish citizenship if he is elected to the Senate. Oz is scum, just like the murderous Turkish dictator Erdogan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2022 10:05 PM

R57, that sounds eerily like Dump’s promise to release his tax returns if he was elected President.

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2022 10:12 PM

Deport Oz. Liquidate his assets and get him out of here.

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2022 11:37 PM

Bring me the gizzard of Oz.

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2022 11:39 PM

Oprah can really pick em. Who is worse? Dr Oz or Dr Phil? I remember she liked Donald Trump and had him as a guest giving financial advice.

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2022 11:48 PM

Thank you Oprah for introducing the world to three of its biggest assholes:

Dr. Oz

Dr. Phil

Nate Berkus

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2022 11:58 PM

Suze Orman too? This is one of my favorite YouTube videos. This video had me screaming with laughter, the comments posted below are a scream too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 19, 2022 12:05 AM

R33, as a fellow Pennsylvanian, I thank you.

by Anonymousreply 64August 19, 2022 12:06 AM

Oprah is a celebrity ambulance chaser.

by Anonymousreply 65August 19, 2022 12:36 AM

Isn’t Rachel Ray a Oprah creation? And that guy who whispers to dogs?

by Anonymousreply 66August 19, 2022 4:46 AM

how can a heart dr be so damn stupid.

by Anonymousreply 67August 19, 2022 5:11 AM

Haha R65. So true...well put.

by Anonymousreply 68August 19, 2022 5:48 AM

R63, Suze Orman’s financial advice is spot on. She made a major mistake with that charge card—but mainly she just sold her name but the card was shit.

The financial industry hates her mainly because she told the world that whole life insurance is a scam

by Anonymousreply 69August 19, 2022 11:26 AM

I’m gay and have no idea what a crudité is

by Anonymousreply 70August 19, 2022 11:27 AM

That’s funny, r66

(sotto voce) “You’re fat. You always were…”

by Anonymousreply 71August 19, 2022 11:36 AM

R70 But you knew to put the fabulous diacritic mark on it, so we knew you must be Gay anyways.

by Anonymousreply 72August 19, 2022 11:39 AM

R72, I wish I could take credit, but spellcheck did it for me.

by Anonymousreply 73August 19, 2022 12:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!