Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Monty Clift visit gay brothels in Chicago?

I found this tidbit in the book The Boys of Fairy Town by Jim Elledge:

"As in other parts of Chicago, Bronzeville also had its share of bordellos that catered to queer men. According to Samuel Steward, a postal employee named Treville Holmes owned a large house on Fiftieth Street that served as a male bordello. Rumor had it that its clients included actor Montgomery Clift, playwright Thornton Wilder, and novelists James Purdy and Wendell Wilcox. Similar houses dotted Bronzeville and welcomed men all over Chicago."

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2022 5:09 AM

So Monty liked the dark meat, then.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 9:23 PM

Wendell Wilcox or Wendell Corey?

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 9:24 PM

Where are all the gay brothels now???

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 9:24 PM

Well, when you’re packing 3” you have to pay.

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 9:37 PM

"Where are all the gay brothels now???"

Where ever I happen to be living at the time.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 9:40 PM

R4 How do you know that about Monty?

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 9:41 PM

Legend has it that Monty was the original Princess Tinymeat. True? Who knows? He was gorgeous, whatever the size of his prize.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 9:59 PM

Monty’s shortcomings have been well-documented.

Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 10:08 PM

Any pics?

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 10:15 PM

"Google is your friend."

R8 Nothing personal at all, but you type retarded

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 10:16 PM

I want to read Roddy McDowalls autobiography, damnit! Why did he torment us this way?! Where is it kept? Could someone get to it and put the chapters on a disc? Then return it and no one need ever know of our crime?

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 10:36 PM

My absolute favorite salacious Monty story (true or not) is that he was gangbanged by a bunch of rough trade in a dive bar, on a pool table! The Accused before The Accused!

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 10:42 PM

R12- I remember reading about his preference for BBD many years ago. Who was that horrible women that had so much control over him at one time?

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 10:51 PM

But did he ever have BLEACH thrown in his face?

Because I did! [bold]I. DID![/bold] Fucking RACIST fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 10:57 PM

[quote] Who was that horrible women that had so much control over him at one time?

Glaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiator!

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 10:59 PM

Libby Holman

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 10:59 PM

Isn't Chicago the city of brothely love?

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 11:02 PM

I wish there were gay brothels in the USA. I think they still have them in Europe. They call them House of Boys.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 11:12 PM

I visited the House of Boys in Stuttgart, Germany several times back in the 2000s. They had rooms with extras, like a sauna, a whirlpool bath, etc. and you had plenty of time to enjoy yourself. Prices were reasonable, and you knew exactly what you were getting.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2022 12:06 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2022 5:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!