Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

YouTuber Jordan Welch makes over 1.2 Million a year off his channel

Wow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 10:24 PM

Endless long ass line of "influencer" bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 8:52 PM

While the platform takes what %?

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 8:54 PM

These people make millions, even the lowliest youtubers. I would love to see ROI data.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 9:01 PM

How does YouTube income compare to TikTok income?

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 9:06 PM

[quote]These people make millions, even the lowliest youtubers. I would love to see ROI data.

I actually know a lot about this topic.

Some people invest a little, some people invest a lot. There are a few creators, like MrWhosTheBoss who pour most of their earnings back into the videos that are made. MrBeast pours a crap ton of money he generates from his Youtube back into his videos as well. The dude just gave away an island. Here's the thing: you can create a video cheaply that still manages to rake in the views and nets you quite a bit of money from advertising. For some people, they prefer to spend quite a lot of money but only if they know that the views are high, the partner program/advertising/etc will net them a lot of money, and they have been doing it for a while.

The real money from youtube comes from what you do with if you can increase your fanbase to the point where they'll buy things that you recommend, buy things that you sell, generally will pay you money to be associated with something that you're related to. That's always the goal.

I once made a video for $25 that grossed the company I worked for over $300,000. You'd be shocked how many Youtubers are actually part of corporations. That video had millions of views but ... that's not the key.

The key to Youtube income is watch time. You want to keep people watching as long as possible. That's what screws people up. It doesn't matter as much if millions of people watch your video if they don't stay long enough to view however many sets of advertisements Youtube puts on it.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 9:12 PM

Let’s see your video^.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 9:13 PM

[quote]even the lowliest youtubers.

One last thing, the majority of Youtubers aren't making millions. It's kind of complicated.

[quote]Let’s see your video^.

It was terrible, that's sort of my point. It's just that it was the right topic, youtube pushed it to people because it was the right topic, people were interested enough that they stayed nearly the entire video and most of them weren't blocking advertising. I still kick myself for making videos for other people when all of the money I generated could have been mine.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Let us be the judge. Let’s see it.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 9:18 PM

[quote] One last thing, the majority of Youtubers aren't making millions. It's kind of complicated.

Well, duh. Success stories stick out from the rest.

Those lucky and savvy enough, can milk it and gain early retirement money. And it's pretty obvious that not all people in this world are lucky or (business and social media) savvy.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 9:44 PM

OP- that’s not what he said. He made that money from his channel AND 2 other businesses he runs. And he just said that’s how much he made in the past year. Not every year.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 9:48 PM

R5 Why then the Youtube push for short form videos? I tend to like long, 1 hour plus documentaries on obscure-ish topics (history/culture/religion) but every one of those channels are now pushing short form videos >> prompted by You Tube

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 10:01 PM

[quote]Why then the Youtube push for short form videos?

R5, Because there's a push to be more like TikTok who have figured out (like Vine did years ago) that people will consume mass quantities of short form content. People will sit and mindlessly scroll through the platform for hours. Youtube wants the ad dollars they can get from running ads while that's happening. The problem with TikTok is that creators become known for their videos and not necessarily for themselves. (That's another topic.)

I'm sure you've noticed this: Every social network wants to be like every other social network. Instagam is pushing for more video. Meta/Facebook already has "stories."

Youtube doesn't actually have short form figured out. It 1) doesn't pay as much as a full length video and 2) they've changed their algo about 3 times in 6 months. They do offer a creator's fund bonus.

What short form does do on Youtube is increase your views, increase watch time and increase subscribers in most cases. So people are jumping on the bandwagon for that purpose.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 10:07 PM

How come you won’t share your video?

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 10:10 PM

R5's video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 10:13 PM

[quote]How come you won’t share your video?

Because this is an anonymous gossip board where we're all anonymous and I'd prefer to stay that way.

Post your face, tell us where you work, let us hear you speak, or better yet don't because those aren't things that happen here and some of us like it like that.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 10:14 PM

This site gives earnings. But hard to believe some of my favorite TY can make a living on this. I use MH as an example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 10:19 PM

earn pennies on the dollar!

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 10:24 PM

[quote]I once made a video for $25 that grossed the company I worked for over $300,000.

Are you lying about the video.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 10:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!