Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is There Science Behind Why Teens Wear Hoodies In Summer Heat?

Protection from cancer-causing Ultraviolet (UV) radiation

Armor against pesky mosquitoes

More pockets

Body image concerns

....hoodies provide more than just physical comfort; they administer emotional comfort, too, similar to that of a weighted blanket...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2022 12:55 PM

No idea. I just assumed they had lower (normal) body temp because I’m a fat alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 8:05 PM

Columbine fashion.

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 8:07 PM

The comforting psychology of groupthink.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 8:16 PM

I know a lot of people - not just teens - who wear long sleeves in summer. It's not "groupthink" it's because a lot of places crank up the AC. So you can get chilly if you are spending time indoors

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 8:23 PM

I see a lot of black guys around here wearing hoodies with the hoods up in blistering heat....I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 8:31 PM

Deep pockets hide your stash.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 8:34 PM

When they go robbing white peoples, they pull the hood why down on their face. All the white people see is a Black guy in a hoodie. Then, they switch hoodies to breathe in the "other guys hot sweaty body funk"& jerk each other off in the alleyways and nutt on each other.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 8:43 PM

R4 long sleeves is not uncommon, a lot jobs require you to dress properly (long sleeves, tie, jacket).

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2022 11:35 AM

Maybe they don't want to age into a prematurely freckled and wrinkled hippo like you are, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2022 11:45 AM

🦛🦛🦛

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2022 11:47 AM

Thyroid issues?

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2022 11:53 AM

cuz they dum

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2022 11:55 AM

And in the winter you see them wearing shorts.

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2022 11:58 AM

I wear long sleeve linen shirts because I don't want the farmer's tan on my arms.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2022 12:00 PM

I remember in my college years seeing so many who would wear hoodies (with the hood up), all day, no matter the weather - hot or cold. And yet, with those hoodies, wear shorts and flip flops - hot or cold. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2022 12:08 PM

Who cares? It's a mascular look and I'm all for it. Yummers!

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2022 12:17 PM

In intense heat. Wearing long baggy clothing makes more sense in keeping the body cooler. Wearing shorts, sandals and tank tops don't protect you from UV rays. On the other hand, I've seen young white and Asian guys wear shorts in the winter which makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2022 12:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!