Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Name that movie!

Did you ever think about a movie you saw a long term ago, but can't remember the title or look it up on imdb because you don't remember the names of any actors or crewmembers in it?

I have vivid memories of this movie I saw as a kid. It was an older movie, in black-and-white. All I remember is a scene with a severed head rolling down a street. I've tried googling but it hasn't worked

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2022 11:00 PM

It might be Bruce Dern's head in Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte. Google the scene, I believe it's on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 6:02 PM

[quote] It was an older movie, in black-and-white. All I remember is a scene with a severed head rolling down a street. I've tried googling but it hasn't worked

Gosh, you must be dying to see that one again.

Any others?

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 6:05 PM

When were you a kid? What is the last possible year you might have seen it? Was it on TV or in a theater?

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 6:07 PM

Cheaper By the Dozen

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 6:08 PM

The "head" in Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte rolls down stairs, not a street - correct?

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 6:08 PM

Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm?

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 6:23 PM

Father of the Bride?

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 6:26 PM

[quote] It might be Bruce Dern's head

His head rolled down a flight of stairs, OP is looking for a head rolling down the street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 6:38 PM

Try asking on Tip of My Tongue, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 6:39 PM

R3, this would have been in the 80s or early 90s at the latest. But it was definitely an older film I was watching, not one from my childhood

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 6:47 PM

YES YES YES

It's an old gangster Noir film. And there is a guy that is pretending to be a mechanical man in a store window. He sees a murder. And then they come looking for him (the mob I think). I also think that he cries or something at the end and they shoot at him. Don't know what movie it is. My parents watched it when I was very young.

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 6:54 PM

R11, CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS (53).

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 6:58 PM

City That Never Sleeps is awesome, I saw it at a Noir City film festival

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 6:59 PM

Thank you for telling me the name of the movie- City That Never Sleeps! I can't wait to see it again. It really left an impression on me as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 7:02 PM

I have one. From early to mid 1970s. A clown serial killer in Manhattan I think. He may work as a pharmacy deliveryman which is how he scopes out victims. One victim is and elderly lady who orders a wig or something from the pharmacy and the serial killer delivers it. She has a brunch of cats. I think Lee Grant is in this movie. She is friendly with the cop tracking the killer. So campy I would love to see the whole film!

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 7:10 PM

Marie Windsor is good, as usual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 7:40 PM

I woke up in the middle of the night sometime during the '90s, and my TV was still on. A US soldier in WWII was tied to a tree and being whipped across his chest. He was so hot. Dark hair, B&W movie, probably from the '40s or '50s. I've never been able to figure out the movie. It was unusual in that you got to look at his very handsome face as he was being tortured. Anyone know what movie I'm talking about?

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 7:53 PM

r17 here again. This movie took place in Japan, not in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 7:53 PM

R15, is it possibly "No Way To Treat A Lady" ?

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 8:31 PM

A movie I saw on late night TV in the late 70s so I don't know what year it might have been released. Foreign film, dubbed in English, a couple in a sleek little sports car are zooming through curvy roads through little towns and pick up a teenage student. He was studying for exams, I can't remember how they hooked up with him - maybe they stopped at his house for directions? They convince him to join them for their weekend and enjoy life. It's all very sexy (for the time) but I remember he was grateful to be home on Sunday and going back to school on Monday so something must have happened on the boat.

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 8:39 PM

R19 Yes that is it! Many thanks!

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 9:29 PM

R20 Could this be Polanski's "Knife in the Water" (1962)? It's largely set on a boat, and is quite erotic and intense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 10:44 PM

Heads Will Roll?

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 10:49 PM

What's the B&W '60s horror film where the villain tricks a young woman into trying on a pair of glasses, which have spring-loaded daggers in them that stab her in the eyes?

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 10:55 PM

Horrors of the Black Museum, R24. But it was in color.

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 11:36 PM

R25 - wow, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2022 11:52 PM

I wanna know what r17's movie is

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2022 5:09 AM

I am 57 and grew up in Los Angeles - on Sunday mornings Wonderama ran with Bob McCallister. On Kttv ch 11in the late 1960s early 1970s on weekend mornings they would sometimes run these creepy fairytale type movies made in Sweden and I want to say Czech countries and they would have creepy English dubbing - like the Pippi Longstocking movies. I think there was one about Jack and the Beanstalk. …BUT the one that nags at my memory is one that had tons and tons of snow and somehow the evil girl wound up COVERED in black thick oil - WHAT in the world could that possibly be? Does that ring a bell?

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2022 6:56 AM

This one is an old 70s or 80s horror movie with a husband and wife who may or may not hate each other. The husband is playing the piano one day when he cuts his finger on a blade hidden in the piano. I believe he blames the wife and strangles her. It is in color.

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2022 7:06 AM

R29's film sounds so familiar

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2022 5:22 PM

OP, you're thinking of "Aguirre, The Wrath Of God," and you don't yet realize you're color blind.

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2022 5:25 PM

In Mario Bava's "Shock" (1977) a wife cuts herself on a blade hidden between piano keys. R29

29:00 @ link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2022 10:50 PM

I watched the shittiest movie I ever saw on TCM last night with Raquel Welch. It was set in prehistoric times and she grunted a lot while the special effects were horrible for any era in the history of filmmaking. The movie was from 1966

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2022 10:57 PM

R33 One Million Years BC! I just watched it last night, too.

When I was a kid, I begged my mom to take me to see it at the theater because I was really into dinosaurs at the time. As a 5-year old kid, I thought it was the best move I'd ever seen! :-) I especially liked the end when the earth was opening up and bitchy cavewoman fell in.

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2022 11:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!