Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Democratic rep. says 'off the record' that Biden is 'not running again'

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.), who has represented parts of New York City since 1993, said in an interview with the New York Times editorial board published Saturday that President Biden is "not running again" in 2024.

During the exchange that preceded the question about Biden, the 76-year-old congresswoman seemed to become confused. "Should there be term limits for members of Congress?" editorial board member Eleanor Randolph asked Maloney.

"No," Maloney said.

"Should there be an age limit for members of Congress?" Randolph asked next.

"Members of Congress have a term limit. It's called an election every two years," Maloney answered, apparently responding to the previous question.

The exchange about Biden began when Randolph asked Maloney whether Biden should run for a second term. "Off the record, he's not running again," Maloney said. She did not specify how she knew Biden would not seek a second term in 2024.

"Not off the record. On the record," journalist Jyoti Thottam insisted. According to the Poynter Institute for Media Studies, journalistic ethics stipulate that a source cannot unilaterally go off the record. The reporter must agree.

"On the record? No, he should not run again," Maloney said in response to Thottam's prompting.

On Saturday, the Times editorial board endorsed Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) in his primary contest against Maloney. Nadler has served in Congress since 1992 and was pitted against Maloney due to redistricting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183August 19, 2022 1:09 PM

This could explain why Gavin has been so active in laying the groundwork for a presidential run.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 5:34 PM

Let me just say that if Biden is successful in getting Trump prosecuted and locked up, then his Presidency will have been WELL worth it.

Then he can retire in peace.

Biden has stated many times that his main reason for running, was to un-do all the bad Trump has done.

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 5:36 PM

No, OP, she’s just saying she thinks he should not run again

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 5:41 PM

She sounds sharp

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 5:42 PM

Often thought Biden was a “Bridge Person”. His experience and age (which many tout as a disadvantage) have been key in steadying the unstable ship called the USA after the chaotic disaster of the Trump years.

His knowledge of the Senate and loooong time in politics is helpful in these exceedingly polarized times.

If he can somewhat steady the roiling waters of the US amid a pandemic, the intense corruption of Trumplandia, and pull out of wars (which should have never been instigated in the first place), he will have accomplished much and go down in the annals of history as a good president.

This time period is/was too tumultuous to have a newbie like Gavin or Pete. Once Biden has bridged these troubled waters, younger, more inexperienced candidates can take the helm.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 5:47 PM

I like Biden, and part of me would like to see him run again, but I worry that the 2024 campaign would land him in the hospital. Campaigning for president is one of the most grueling jobs imaginable. Biden got lucky in 2020 thanks to COVID-19, which allowed him to do most of his campaigning without having to travel. This time around, the campaign would be a lot more physically taxing.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 5:47 PM

[quote]During the exchange that preceded the question about Biden, the 76-year-old congresswoman seemed to become confused.

This bit here is all you need to know. Bloomberg ran a story earlier this week that he's fully decided to run again and will announce it in the months after the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 5:48 PM

[quote]This time period is/was too tumultuous to have a newbie like Gavin or Pete. Once Biden has bridged these troubled waters, younger, more inexperienced candidates can take the helm.

Some of you need to realize how politics works. Who are these younger/inexperienced candidates who are supposed to just magically take the helm, and not only take Biden's place, but somehow leapfrog over the current VP?

And let's just say Harris does step aside, you don't think it's not going to reflect badly on the democratic party that not only is the current President not seeking another term, but the Vice President was such a disaster that she declined running again as well?

This idea is simply ridiculous. And I suggest you read up on Ted Kennedy and Jimmy Carter in the 1980 election if you need actual proof of why it's ridiculous and more importantly, dangerous.

If Biden doesn't run, you need to get used to the idea of President Harris. Pretending otherwise is just foolishness. Sheer foolishness.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 5:55 PM

Why was this question even asked? Because even though the Dems just had an incredible month of legislative accomplishments, the "Dems in disarray" narrative must be pushed at all cost.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 5:58 PM

[quote] And let's just say Harris does step aside, you don't think it's not going to reflect badly on the democratic party that not only is the current President not seeking another term, but the Vice President was such a disaster that she declined running again as well?

These are different times, with different rules.

What you're talking about is old school politics.

Nowdays, anything goes.

And believe me, I don't think Democrats OR Republicans would care much if Kamala Harris didn't get the nomination in 2024 (should Biden not run again).

People just don't like her very much. From either party.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 6:00 PM

Harris is exceedingly unpopular, R8. May be ridiculous, but even many Dems are not liking her tenure as VP thus far.

If Dems want to shoot themselves in the foot, sure, yeah, insist Harris be the candidate because it’s “her turn”.

Deja Vu

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 6:01 PM

How does Kamala's approval compare with Mike Pence's during the last administration?

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 6:04 PM

Speaking of Mike Pence, I think that he, Kamala, and Dan Quayle were the worst Vice-Presidents ever.

And for the record, if Trump had won in 2020 and Pence was going to run in 2024, I think that DeSantis would have beaten him.

People are over the "it's my turn" thing.

Either you give the party loyalists what they want, or you're history.

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 6:08 PM

No one has been more entitled in running for the Presidency than Joe Biden. So miss me with that BS.

If you want to knock a black woman out of the running who put in her time serving as the Vice President, and offend the most reliable block of voters in the party in the process, then go right on ahead. Just don't bitch and moan when the optics blow up in your face.

[quote]These are different times, with different rules.

And that goes many ways. There are a lot of powerful black women in the media who successfully pushed to have Biden elect a black female VP. They are not going to sit back and watch her get treated badly and denied a position that in all fairness, should be rightfully hers.

It's not about liking or not liking Harris. It's about using common sense.

Don't like it? Blame Biden. No one forced him to commit to having a black woman VP. But you can't just toss her aside and expect HER to play by a different set of rules than everybody else. You realize how awful that looks?

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 6:10 PM

r3 is the only one that can read.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 6:17 PM

[quote] There are a lot of powerful black women in the media who successfully pushed to have Biden elect a black female VP. They are not going to sit back and watch her get treated badly and denied a position that in all fairness, should be rightfully hers.

[quote] It's not about liking or not liking Harris. It's about using common sense.

And they got exactly what they wanted.

Biden backed himself into a corner by promising to select an AA running mate. He regretted it later, but Biden kept his promise.

So they are not owed anything more.

As for the Presidency being "rightfully hers," that is complete BULLSHIT.

NO ONE is entitled to be President. Democrats, Hillary Clinton, and indeed our entire country learned that the hard way in 2016.

Everyone (especially women) kept shouting that Hillary was entitled to the nomination. And look where that got us. It got us DONALD TRUMP.

We must not make that same mistake with Kamala Harris. She will LOSE against the Republican candidate.

That is a fact.

So yes, it IS about not liking Kamala Harris. And if we employ "common sense" as you put it, then we will nominate the strongest and most qualified Democratic candidate for President.

The Presidency is NOT affirmative action.

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 6:22 PM

Biden's approval tracks with every president for the past 4 decades, with the exception of HW and W Bush once they started their wacky war adventures. No other has gotten this aggressive push of "BUt sHoULd hE rUN aGAIn? He'S sO uNPopULAr!" in the press. Certainly not leading up to midterms, and certainly not after a series of major wins and massive forced and unforced errors by the opposition party that will very likely cause a massive shift in the polls soon.

They use the excuse of "but he said he was a transition candidate!" as cover, but it's obvious from these questions, and this timing, that this is about sowing a discord narrative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 6:28 PM

She’s a total piece of shit - just saying.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 6:32 PM

Biden is running until BIDEN announces otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 6:33 PM

I disagree, R17.

I think this is clearly about his age.

He is the oldest person to win the presidency in US history.

If Biden were in his 50's or 60's, no one would be asking this question.

The fact that he would be inaugurated at age 82 (in 2025) and he would be 86!!!!! at the end of his second term, is something definitely worth asking about.

Because the Vice-President's job would become much more relevant than ever before.

So no, it's not about "sowing discord."

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 6:34 PM

Uh huh. Trump is only 3 years younger than Biden, but oddly the press doesn't seem too concerned with his age....

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 6:41 PM

What will he be like in 5-6 years 2027/28? And he won't be able to campaign as he did in 2020 from his basement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 6:46 PM

Biden can't run again if he's already dead lol. I'm sorta kidding. That deepfake video of him was plain disturbing. Hopefully he was just still sick and the administration pulled that to assuage concerns.

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 6:47 PM

So much "concern" here. Right on time.

Seems a few DLs here still think that presidential campaigning in the future will still be kissing babies as the candidates travel on train from town to town. Once again, virtual activities are not going away.

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 6:53 PM

Are people still trying it with the "Biden has dementia" crap? OK, you do that while presumptive nominees Trump and DeSantis rant incoherently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 6:55 PM

R25 This isn't about Trump or DeSantis. This is about the current President of the United States. and merely comparing someone to the worst doesn't make them competent. I wouldn't choose a surgeon that way or for that matter a world leader

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2022 7:00 PM

How you'd choose a surgeon or president has nothing to do with the predetermined press narratives I've been talking about.

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2022 7:03 PM

R27 They may be compilations that are skewed to make him look a certain way but that's him in those clips and he looks and acts quite crazy in a number of them. No other President Obama, Clinton, Bush, Regan . . ever acted like that.

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2022 7:15 PM

^ Says someone who is clearly not at all familiar with W Bush or Reagan....

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2022 7:17 PM

If polio ridden FDR can very capably lead the US through the Depression and WWII, healthy but elderly Biden ought to be able to lead the US now.

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2022 7:20 PM

NY Times 2019 regarding his second run for President

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2022 7:20 PM

There is nothing anyone couple threaten me with that would ever make me vote for a Democrat again, after 20 years of straight ticket blue. They're just a front operation for Big Pharma and the WEF and Biden has reversed 100 years of women's advancements in half a term. I hope they all get sent to GitMo. Forever.

by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2022 7:22 PM

I don't know why the die hards keep pretending that age isn't at all a factor in being President.

Um, okay.

I'm guessing you're all pro-Kamala.

I swear, if she were ever to become President for any reason, this country would be fucked.

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2022 7:26 PM

Thorazine is a helluva drug.

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2022 7:29 PM

It’s not his choice. He will be told not to run.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2022 7:31 PM

Welp, I see this thread is devolving into Boris-style nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2022 7:31 PM

Old Joe in 1988

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2022 7:32 PM

Whoever our nominee is in 2024, just keep Robbie Mook far away from the campaign. He's the main reason that Trump won and caused irreparable harm to our country.

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2022 7:32 PM

Sure, R38.

Blame the gay guy, and not Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2022 7:37 PM

R29 I'm familiar with Bush and Regan. Are you familiar with Biden?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2022 7:37 PM

Uh, no, R3 /R15, she couldn't have been more clear. Read the quote:

[quote] "Off the record, he's not running again," Maloney said.

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2022 7:47 PM

Joe struggles nurse Jill comes to his assistance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2022 7:48 PM

He was always hollow and bombastic and his comments about the FBI raise an eyebrow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2022 8:01 PM

[quote] The Presidency is NOT affirmative action.

Absolutely. What is it with people who determine situations based on the level of skin melanin as opposed to competency?

Harris has even raised the hackles of some foreign allies by her giggling and laughter in somber moments that would normally rate a dignified response.

Was willing to be open to her as a candidate; but she seems to LACK on many fronts. Gravitas. Sincerity. Competency? Ability to get along with others. Etc.

This is a serious period in the country’s history and the last thing we need is another stuff up president like 45.....from either party.

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2022 8:40 PM

[quote]If Biden doesn't run, you need to get used to the idea of President Harris. Pretending otherwise is just foolishness. Sheer foolishness.

Why? Her role is to become president if necessary within the term of the elected president, not to automatically become the party candidate for the next national election. It might be bad form for her party to openly discourage her from seeking the presidency, but there are primaries and trials along the way that can deter an unpopular candidate, whether with party officials or primary voters and behind the scenes dealings.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2022 9:08 PM

"On the record? No, he should not run again," Maloney said in response to Thottam's prompting.

Opinion...

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2022 9:12 PM

[quote] The fact that he would be inaugurated at age 82 (in 2025) and he would be 86!!!!! at the end of his second term, is something definitely worth asking about.

It's weird how in the U.S., once you're in your 50s or 60s, it can be hard as hell to find a new job due to ageism. We seem to think that once you've hit 50, you no longer have the energy to perform many basic workplace tasks. But we have no problem electing people in their 70s and 80s to run the country.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Harris left the primaries at 3%. I doubt she has that much support in the Black community. It's just some cultish K-Hive that want her.

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2022 9:37 PM

[quote]As for the Presidency being "rightfully hers," that is complete BULLSHIT.

She deserves the right to run for President if she chooses to do so, just like her white male predecessors before her. Let the public decide if they don't want her. Why should she be denied making that choice?

[quote]We must not make that same mistake with Kamala Harris. She will LOSE against the Republican candidate. That is a fact.

Based on what evidence? It's not a fact until she's officially announced that she would be running for President again. 2020 statistics aren't going to cut it.

I'm not a Kamala fan but give me a break. You really don't think the optics of telling the black woman to step aside and not run aren't going to make the democratic party look bad? Again, it has nothing to do with liking her. It's telling the first black woman VP that she can't do what everyone else before her was given the choice to do.

You want an outsider, fine. But then how is someone like Newsom going to run on the Biden administrations achievements when he's never been a part of the administration. And he's definitely going to be asked that if the Biden administration is so great, then how come their VP is either polling so badly or is not running for President at all.?

I personally think it was foolish for Biden to explicitly make any kind of promise like that. But he did it, and now you have to think of a reasonable way out of it.

by Anonymousreply 49August 14, 2022 9:44 PM

Repeatedly saying 'optics' doesn't advance your argument. '

by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2022 10:29 PM

She’s got great hair for an old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2022 10:34 PM

Saying Biden isn't fit for the presidency doesn't mean that Trump or DeSantis is. We need a new Democratic nominee pronto, and his intentions to run should be announced by December.

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2022 10:55 PM

No,I'm not turning off my record player! C'mon, man!

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2022 11:32 PM

R30 we're talking about cognitive health. He can't complete thoughts or sentences and his mind wanders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2022 11:33 PM

What’d she do to her face?

by Anonymousreply 55August 15, 2022 12:41 AM

I want Gavin to be my President.

by Anonymousreply 56August 15, 2022 12:57 AM

Gavin will have zero appeal.outside the coastal elites enclaves.

by Anonymousreply 57August 15, 2022 2:49 AM

Same with Beto^. His SAVE TRANS KIDS is nauseating. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 58August 15, 2022 2:52 AM

I love Biden and he’ll go down in history as one of our greatest presidents—someone who came out of retirement to save democracy from that lunatic.

But, hope he announces he’s not running again after the midterms. He’s done more than enough—including putting his son under outrageous scrutiny—to save our sorry asses.

by Anonymousreply 59August 15, 2022 3:20 AM

The Democratic Party, the very people who pushed him to the front of the presidential candidate line, doesn't even want him back for a second term.

Guess they've learned from their mistake.

by Anonymousreply 60August 15, 2022 3:40 AM

I'd like to know the total sum of U$ dollars he's given to the Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 61August 15, 2022 3:43 AM

$55 billion at last count.

The Ukraine is home to Burisma the energy company that gave Hunter Biden a lucrative seat on its board when Joe was BP

by Anonymousreply 62August 15, 2022 3:48 AM

^when Joe was VP

by Anonymousreply 63August 15, 2022 4:46 AM

His party and people seem to ignore him. He's like the boring old grandpa you just wish would go away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 15, 2022 5:29 AM

[quote] His party and people seem to ignore him. He's like the boring old grandpa you just wish would go away.

Nah. Am far from a Biden acolyte as I was hesitant for him to take the nomination for president.

Yet he’s done more to steady the post-Trump carnage than I ever would have imagined. And thus far, am more impressed with him....foibles of “grandpa” and all.

Obama’s all bells and whistles. He’s become a sleb. And although I was hyped for him as president, he turned out to be a disappointment.

Thus far, think Obama’s hype won’t last in the annals of history. (His foray into the celebrity/Hollywood world is also incredibly disappointing....that Nobel Prize should have gone to someone else. Oscar or Emmy is more Obama’s milieu.)

by Anonymousreply 65August 15, 2022 5:50 AM

Biden's done a lot with his presidency and made some tough choices, such as pulling out of Afghanistan.

He didn't promise to pick an AA VP. He promised to pick a woman VP and appoint an AA woman to the Supreme Court. Kamala got in there because of the George Floyd brouhaha. Biden didn't really want her after that you're-not-a-racist, but thing at the debates. I think he wanted Amy Klobuchar who runs well in the Midwest and knows how to get legislation passed.

The idea that there always needs to be a Black person on the ticket shows serious hubris--we're talking 12 percent of the population. Most of which is in seriously red states. There's more the one path to the presidency.

Kamala may run, but I don't see her running unopposed in the primaries and I think voters will consider other candidates. I know I will because I don't think she can win in the general. She's not a good enough politician to overcome the double whammy of campaigning while nonwhite and female.

Gavin Newsom knows he has a shot if Biden doesn't run. I think he'd beat both Pence and DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 66August 15, 2022 6:33 AM

The 1-year anniversary of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan. History will paint a different picture R66

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 15, 2022 7:35 AM

Biden also had the balls to have his Justice Department to go through with the FBI raid of Trump's residence.

No other Democratic President would have done it, out of fear of "splitting the country apart."

Joe was like, "Fuck it. Raid his ass!"

by Anonymousreply 68August 15, 2022 7:38 AM

What Biden said about Afghanistan withdrawal in 2007 is very different from what he did last year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 15, 2022 7:44 AM

In any case R66, Biden made promises to women and AA women, and he delivered on all accounts.

He picked a multi-racial female VP running mate, and put the first black female in US history, on the Supreme Court.

Joe Biden doesn't owe them anything else.

by Anonymousreply 70August 15, 2022 9:08 AM

Don't forget this latest "Inflation Reduction Act" that Biden helped to get passed in Congress.

This is a big one.

He can go around the country selling this, from now until November. And it will help Democrats.

The man is a seasoned pro, and he still has a fire in him.

I think that Joe will definitely run again in 2024, as long as he's still healthy.

by Anonymousreply 71August 15, 2022 2:11 PM

[quote]Biden also had the balls to have his Justice Department to go through with the FBI raid of Trump's residence.

Biden didn't make any decision. The DOJ is independent (as it should be).

by Anonymousreply 72August 15, 2022 2:26 PM

She was an idiot for saying something like that without ascertaining the agreement for off record. That's what they do, lull you into a false sense of security.

by Anonymousreply 73August 15, 2022 2:35 PM

I think she’s correct.

by Anonymousreply 74August 15, 2022 2:43 PM

R70 He picked a multi-racial female VP running mate

You see Kamala as a plus?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 15, 2022 4:38 PM

Even in 2020 he seemed lost

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 15, 2022 4:50 PM

he seems tired and confused

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 15, 2022 4:54 PM

Hilarious that so many fools on this thread think that Biden, whom they trash as senile, is not, in fact, once again, the only one standing between us and a Trump reinstallment. Because at this point he is--again.

As for Afghanistan, he was the only president to have the guts to do what needed to be done, as messy as it was. I give him huge props for that, too.

I share a wrry about his age, but I worry more about not having him there.

by Anonymousreply 78August 15, 2022 5:24 PM

There is no way Kamala Harris will ever be elected President, on her own.

She hasn't actually DONE anything. Even as Vice-President.

Biden gave her ONE job to do. Immigration.

And she hasn't done squat about it.

What makes anyone think that this person can ever be President?

by Anonymousreply 79August 15, 2022 7:28 PM

I only like Joe Biden or Al Gore, if neither run in 2024, that’s really bad.

by Anonymousreply 80August 15, 2022 7:30 PM

R78 Oh, Jill really!

by Anonymousreply 81August 15, 2022 9:02 PM

Haha, good one, R81.

by Anonymousreply 82August 15, 2022 10:20 PM

'She's an amazing doctor'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 15, 2022 10:41 PM

and Jill was Vice-President

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 15, 2022 10:44 PM

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 15, 2022 10:46 PM

R85 posted from Murdoch-owned Australian extension of Fox calledSky News, which is rabidly anti-Biden. Never indulge in anything emanating from that network of ratbags.

by Anonymousreply 86August 15, 2022 10:52 PM

Why R86? Seeing is believing. Videos are admissible in courts as evidence unless there has been tampering.

by Anonymousreply 87August 15, 2022 10:55 PM

How to put this, R79 ... a small percentage of the population actually likes her; most of the approval number comes from partisan "yellow dog" Democrats. She was in the right place at the right time (urban riots) to become running mate.

by Anonymousreply 88August 15, 2022 10:58 PM

R87, don't pretend you don't notice the malignant snark oozing from that cunt broadcaster over a gaffe Biden made.

by Anonymousreply 89August 15, 2022 10:58 PM

Maybe there's a world where Biden steps aside and Kamala runs for Veep with someone else at the top of the ticket? I don't know who that candidate is, but it's a very real issue that keeps me up at night. Kamala has been disappointing and I don't see her being elected President but a large part of the coalition that elected Biden/Harris will be vocally very unhappy if it seems she's being passed over.

Also why is Carolyn Maloney's off the record statement being reported?

by Anonymousreply 90August 15, 2022 11:01 PM

the video speaks for itself I don't need someone to explain it. That's beside the point R89

by Anonymousreply 91August 15, 2022 11:02 PM

Really, R90? I disagree, feeling that those people are a small part of the general election.

by Anonymousreply 92August 15, 2022 11:05 PM

R88 'I've been working on this issue for a very long time' -Harris

Since when is 3 months a 'very long time'? Biden appointed her as borders czar in late March 2020 and this interview is from June of 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 15, 2022 11:06 PM

[quote]She hasn't actually DONE anything. Even as Vice-President.

You mean aside from being the tie breaking vote on every important piece of legislation that Biden has been able to pass? NONE of it would have gotten to Biden's desk were it not for Kamala's vote.

[quote]Joe Biden doesn't owe them anything else.

You keep using the word "owed" as if it makes your point. It doesn't.

Everytime it's a woman politician, the words "entitled" and "owed" are always passed around. Simply because they make the mistake of wanting to be treated the same as the men.

Again, Kamala deserves to have the same rights as all of her white male predecessors before her. The right to run for President if she chooses, and if Biden doesn't support her, the right to be given a reason as to why he doesn't. Let the public decide if she isn't worthy of the position.

It's not being "owed" anything. It's being given the same rights as everyone before her was given.

by Anonymousreply 94August 15, 2022 11:29 PM

Ok, as soon as she said Congress has term limits and these are called elections, I threw up! Enough of these assholes skating along for decades without any consequences.

POTUS can only serve two terms (until Frump gets back in, but that's another story). Everyone else in Congress can be elected every two-to-four years FOREVER! And SCOTUS is a life-long career.

No one in government should be allowed to serve for as long as they want. Congress and SCOTUS should have term limits - I agree with every 16 years. You are lucky enough to serve 4 terms as Senator or 8 in Congress, congrats. Time to move on.

As for Biden not running again... let's wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 95August 15, 2022 11:31 PM

What does casting a tie-breaking vote have to do with it? Showing up, and voting, are not exactly Mensa-level activities.

by Anonymousreply 96August 15, 2022 11:57 PM

The right to run for President if she chooses, and if Biden doesn't support her, the right to be given a reason as to why he doesn't.

Of course she has that right to run, who said she doesn't?

Bus as to your second part, no, she does not have a "right" to be give a reason by Biden.

by Anonymousreply 97August 16, 2022 12:14 AM

Isn’t she older than Biden? And she’s running for office?

by Anonymousreply 98August 16, 2022 12:14 AM

She is only 58, R98.

by Anonymousreply 99August 16, 2022 12:27 AM

[quote] R85 posted from Murdoch-owned Australian extension of Fox called Sky News, which is rabidly anti-Biden. Never indulge in anything emanating from that network of ratbags.

Thanks for the heads up, R86.

I'll be sure to avoid Sky News from now on.

[quote] She hasn't actually DONE anything. Even as Vice-President.

[quote] You mean aside from being the tie breaking vote on every important piece of legislation that Biden has been able to pass? NONE of it would have gotten to Biden's desk were it not for Kamala's vote.

You realize that would have been the case with ANY Democratic Vice-President?

It had nothing to do with Kamala, and everything to do with the POSITION of being Vice-President.

And yes, any Democratic VP would have cast those tie-breaking votes.

So she did nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 100August 16, 2022 12:32 AM

R91, it doesn't speak anything. You're suggesting it shows signs of senility, which it does not show, so nice try.

by Anonymousreply 101August 16, 2022 1:40 AM

It kind of does actually.

by Anonymousreply 102August 16, 2022 1:44 AM

R101 #1. Cognitive Changes of Dementia Memory changes noticeable by others Struggles to communicate of find the right word they are trying to say Gets lost while driving more frequently in places they used and decline related with visual and spatial abilities Struggles with reasoning Struggles with problem solving Complex tasks become more difficult Struggles to plan and organize Changes in coordination and motor skills Becomes easily confused Disoriented

by Anonymousreply 103August 16, 2022 2:10 AM

Changes in coordination and motor skills

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 16, 2022 2:11 AM

🚵🚵‍♂️🚵‍♀️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 16, 2022 2:13 AM

Struggles to communicate or find the right word they're trying to say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 16, 2022 2:15 AM

I'll be sure to avoid Sky News from now on.

by Anonymousreply 107August 16, 2022 2:29 AM

Dementia symptom: decreased sense of smell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 16, 2022 2:34 AM

[quote]You mean aside from being the tie breaking vote on every important piece of legislation that Biden has been able to pass? NONE of it would have gotten to Biden's desk were it not for Kamala's vote.

It's not easy to make the dumbest post of the day.

by Anonymousreply 109August 16, 2022 2:41 AM

R103 creates a word salad and says, "There! I've proven my case." When really all she's done has cut and pasted.

by Anonymousreply 110August 16, 2022 3:45 AM

R107, if you want to waste your time with Murdoch propaganda masquerading as a news channel, be my guest, hunty.

by Anonymousreply 111August 16, 2022 3:48 AM

and speaking of word salads R111

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 16, 2022 3:50 AM

and here's another 🥗Kamala tossed R111

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 16, 2022 3:52 AM

Biden did NOT promise an AA running mate. He promised a woman as Veep. That's it. He promised a black woman for SCOTUS. He got bullied by 80 year old asshole Clyburn into naming a black woman. Big mistake. Biden should have named Amy Klobuchar. Now he's fucked.

Maloney vs. Nadler: 2 80 year olds who need to retire NOW.

Nancy Pelosi and her 80 year old gang need to all retire.

by Anonymousreply 114August 16, 2022 3:55 AM

R110 inspired by the queen of word salads

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 16, 2022 4:01 AM

more 🥗🥗🥗 from Harris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 16, 2022 4:04 AM

'don't pretend you don't notice the malignant snark oozing from that cunt broadcaster over a gaffe Biden made'

R89 Has issues with women

by Anonymousreply 117August 16, 2022 4:14 AM

Nope, R117, I just recognize a cunt when I see one. And MAGAts, of which there are plenty on this thread. Now, they're going after Harris since they have nothing really to add about Biden. The biggest word salad king would of course be your dear leader, Espionage Donny.

by Anonymousreply 118August 16, 2022 4:17 AM

Thanks to your mom no doubt R118. btw have you gotten rid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 16, 2022 4:21 AM

and if Biden is more to your taste R118

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 16, 2022 4:25 AM

your so touchy R118 .Maybe that's why you like Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 16, 2022 4:28 AM

Beats a traitor who committed espionage and tried to stage a coup , R120.

I suppose you prefer your guy, R121, who grabs 'em by the pussy.

Speaking of gashes, hi, R119!

by Anonymousreply 122August 16, 2022 4:31 AM

yes, I agree but Biden and Harris are not qualified leaders.

by Anonymousreply 123August 16, 2022 4:32 AM

And Dump was? The coup leader?

by Anonymousreply 124August 16, 2022 4:33 AM

R124 Have you ever considered charging Trump rent for all the time he's loved in your head rent free?

by Anonymousreply 125August 16, 2022 4:36 AM

'lived'

by Anonymousreply 126August 16, 2022 4:37 AM

and back to our current leader

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 16, 2022 4:38 AM

The best thing we could do was finally get out of the unwinnable war that Bush put us in, R127. Only a moron would say we should still be there. Biden had the guts to do what no other commander-in-chief had.

by Anonymousreply 128August 16, 2022 4:41 AM

I would, R125, but we all know he never pays his bills.

by Anonymousreply 129August 16, 2022 4:44 AM

R129 rinse, repeat, rinse repeat

by Anonymousreply 130August 16, 2022 4:46 AM

R128 But he bungled it. No one is saying it didn't need to be done it's how it was carried out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 16, 2022 4:47 AM

But he did it and it's done, R131. You would prefer we'd still be there--that's better than a messy exit, to you, I guess. So, no, by virtue of the fact that we're finally out he did not bungle it.

by Anonymousreply 132August 16, 2022 4:49 AM

He left Americans and billion $$$ worth of equipment behind and emboldened our enemies. Can you read R132?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 16, 2022 4:51 AM

Even Joe predicted what might happen and didn't carry it out properly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 16, 2022 4:53 AM

Read your bullshit "gop.gov", R133? LMFAO. The Afghani rulers were utterly corrupt and exected us to be there eternally. If a Republican had pulled out, no matter how messily, you'd be singing his praises. Because you're hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 135August 16, 2022 4:55 AM

I'd rather have an old, decent, law-abiding, non-fascist, traitor president than your dear leader, an old, classified-document stealing traitor insurrectionist who licks Putin's ass.

by Anonymousreply 136August 16, 2022 4:57 AM

"I'd rather have an old, decent, law-abiding, non-fascist, non-traitor president"

Fixed.

Because we all know who the traitor really is.

by Anonymousreply 137August 16, 2022 4:58 AM

Speaking of decrepit...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 16, 2022 5:00 AM

Careful, old man...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 16, 2022 5:01 AM

Watch it, fatty...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 16, 2022 5:03 AM

Can you even IMAGINE Dump on a bicycle? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 141August 16, 2022 5:06 AM

R135 R136 R137 R138 R139-R140 diversion 101

keep talking to yourself because you are incapable of having a dialog with anyone else

you sound like a 5th grader

rinse repeat rinse repeat rinse repeat tired old talking points.

Trump is no longer President

But obviously people are not happy with the current president and VP.

Look at his poll ratings and look at the number of Democrats who are questioning whether he should really run again.

You've worn out the letters M-A-G-T-R-U-P on your keyboard

by Anonymousreply 142August 16, 2022 5:09 AM

[quote] Biden's done a lot with his presidency and made some tough choices

Yeah right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 16, 2022 5:16 AM

'Biden's done a lot with his presidency'

Yes, he did. He lost a lot of goodwill from taxpayers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 16, 2022 5:29 AM

This is why Dems should be concerned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 16, 2022 5:32 AM

R136 is China any better?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 16, 2022 6:19 AM

One of Joe's handlers isn't polling much better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 16, 2022 6:53 AM

[quote] His knowledge of the Senate and loooong time in politics is helpful in these exceedingly polarized times.

To be sure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 16, 2022 7:28 AM

Carolyn Maloney may not be in office after primary election which has started now in NY.

Early polls have Mr. Nadler with a comfortable lead. NYT among other major endorsements also went to Mr. Nadler.

Personally would love to see fresh new young blood take this congressional seat; but that isn't going to happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 16, 2022 7:34 AM

Joe was an embarrassment as VP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 16, 2022 8:33 AM

Why does the NY Times not like Maloney?

by Anonymousreply 151August 16, 2022 2:17 PM

What goes around comes around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 16, 2022 4:07 PM

Jill to the rescue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 16, 2022 4:08 PM

Dr. Jill to the rescue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 16, 2022 7:33 PM

AOC weighs in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 17, 2022 12:38 AM

Thousands freely cross into America every day and get free money, medical care, and housing in NYC luxury hotels. What more can Joe do ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 17, 2022 12:47 AM

Are they all asylum seekers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157August 17, 2022 12:53 AM

Taxpayer 💲💲💲for bilingual teachers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 17, 2022 12:58 AM

Living in the heart of Times Square

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 17, 2022 12:59 AM

The lullaby of Broadway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 17, 2022 1:00 AM

[quote] Living in the heart of Times Square

No, the heart of Veces Cuadrado

by Anonymousreply 161August 17, 2022 1:06 AM

VP Joe saw no conflict of interest when a foreign energy corporation gave his son a lucrative position on their board. What qualifications did Hunter have other than being the son of the US Vice-president?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 17, 2022 1:07 AM

More unanswered questions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 17, 2022 1:23 AM

From the Laptop the 𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡 FBI and the media tried so hard to suppress and ignore before the election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 17, 2022 1:29 AM

$54 billion to the Ukraine. It's the most annual assistance given by the US to a country in the last decade. Our tax 💲💲💲supporting the Biden's investments?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 17, 2022 1:40 AM

Biden's been in politics since 1973. He was VP for 8 years. His experience is not evident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 17, 2022 2:24 AM

More tax 💲💲💲to the Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 17, 2022 2:33 AM

Cheapskates!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 17, 2022 2:47 AM

Hah I literally have the last 20 or so posts blocked. No one is listening to you, whatever Dumper is spamming this thread.

by Anonymousreply 169August 17, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote] Hah I literally have the last 20 or so posts blocked. No one is listening to you

Your blocking him doesn't block him from everyone else, R169. That's not how blocking works.

Having said that, I agree the multiple posts are a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 170August 17, 2022 4:28 PM

R169 stunning, brave and stupid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 17, 2022 4:33 PM

This thread has completely devolved: thanks to the TROLL posting inane Trump-like crap with their 20+ posts.

Time to bow out and write off this thread.

Perhaps a new, decent thread can be created?

by Anonymousreply 172August 17, 2022 5:02 PM

You'll be missed R172

by Anonymousreply 173August 17, 2022 5:06 PM

Wait and see

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174August 17, 2022 5:11 PM

Jurassic Park 2024

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 17, 2022 5:19 PM

R172, considering that the premise of this thread is bogus, I’d say we just abandon ship and leave the rat to its own devices.

by Anonymousreply 176August 17, 2022 5:22 PM

No need to linger R176🙋‍♂️🙋‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 177August 17, 2022 5:30 PM

Liz Cheney weighs 2024 presidential run

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 17, 2022 5:38 PM

The cool Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 17, 2022 10:59 PM

Old Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 18, 2022 5:24 AM

White supremacy is the problem

'My daddy changed the world' - George Floyd's daughter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 19, 2022 5:51 AM

Joe face looks like he is in a fog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 19, 2022 6:06 AM

Dementia doesn't suddenly appear full-force; it's a gradual process, with good days and bad days.

by Anonymousreply 183August 19, 2022 1:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!