Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Bean Dip? It was everywhere for about 10 years

And now I never hear about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 7:01 PM

They still sell them.

Next to the ranch dip and barely edible salsa in glass jars so there's no need for refrigeration. Barf 🤮

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 4:18 PM

Believe it or not but bean dip is really good in a layered Tex-Mex dip. Take that to a party and it will be gobbled up.

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 4:21 PM

That is not bean dip! THIS is bean dip:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 4:24 PM

What’s a good bean dip recipe? I’ve only ever bought it in jars, and that was in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 4:26 PM

Just buy seasoned refried beans or buy refried beans and add salsa to it.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 4:29 PM

I'm just making these things from scratch now. There's too much sugar in the jarred stuff.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 5:16 PM

It was replaced by hummus.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 5:18 PM

R7 wins. Correct answer.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 5:24 PM

Gurls, hummus is a bean dip.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 5:24 PM

Wasn't that Beanie Feldstein's nickname after the box office took a slide on "Funny Girl"?

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 5:27 PM

I hate men who smell like beer and bean dip... and makin' love in the back of recreational vehicles!

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 5:34 PM

It's fine, it sends its love.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 5:42 PM

TGI Friday's 9 Layer Dip was pretty popular when I worked there back in the 90's. This recipe is close from what I recall, but I don't remember them seasoning the sour cream like it describes here. The one thing I do remember is they used canned refried beans mixed with bacon grease along with crumbled bacon for the base of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 6:00 PM

R13 similar to one I made for parties minus olives. Not crazy about them. Mine was simpler too.

Bean Dip

Avocado dip

Sour cream with a packet of taco seasoning mixed in

Shredded cheese

tomatoes

green onions

optional cilantro

First thing to go everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 6:05 PM

Two words Op: Laura Bush.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 6:20 PM

Nah R15, it was Her Emails. Yes, Hillary Clinton's emails.

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 7:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!