Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CDC lifts Covid restrictions

The arrogant anti vaxxers are thumbing their noses right now . Did CDC make the right decision?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 3:59 PM

The CDC is following the actual science for once.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 3:11 PM

This could be premature move considering fall is approaching.

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 3:19 PM

I realized a few months ago that the CDC seemed to have determined COVID is no longer killing people at the rate it had been—vaccinated people—and that the agency probably had made a call to facilitate spread for the sake of returning life to normal.

Public health agencies do have to make calls like that eventually.

The first booster was only available to people at special risk for a couple of months and then soon thereafter was available to everyone.

I expected the same of the second booster but it never became available for those of us under age 50.

Then CDC said airline workers and passengers could fly without masks and it seems immediately employees took their masks off. I know someone who was on an airplane when it was announced and a flight attendant exuberantly took her mask off as she announced it. The guy I know was freaked out.

Probably two months ago, nearly everyone in grocery stores was wearing masks and then I went one week and I was one of two people wearing a mask and the other person looked old and frail.

I had a flight three weeks ago and about half the passengers wore masks but none of the airline employees did.

I think the CDC has decided we have had plenty of time to adjust to the reality of risks and it's time to pull the Band-Aid off and get back to work. Economic pressures drive everything, not concern for people's well being.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 3:19 PM

So it's not so much that COVID isn't still dangerous and potentially deadly, as that the CDC is basically.... done with it.

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 3:20 PM

R2 = Patti LuPone.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 3:22 PM

This idiot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 3:24 PM

Fuck the CDC, my mask stays on for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 3:54 PM

The CDC should pay more attention to morbid obesity and diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 3:57 PM

R7 you forgot to sign your post SylviaFowler

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 3:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!