Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I love and miss Larry King

He was a respectable and honest interviewer, a man with so much intergrity and compassion who never trashed his guests or others.

Discuss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2022 6:06 PM

I liked him too, but he couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 12:29 PM

No, I miss Rush far more. Honest. Forthright. You always knew where he stood. And he didn't need a guest to play off.

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 12:32 PM

"Welcome R2, from the American Fascist Party, and Carole King the singer. Carole, are the rumors true that we're married?"

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 12:40 PM

I'm so glad Rush Limbaugh is dead. What an awful piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 12:40 PM

šŸ’Æ oxys a day Rush?

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 12:46 PM

all the*

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 12:47 PM

I LOVED his wacky shows with Sylvia Brown, forgotten celebrities, UFOs. Larry King was comfort television.

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 12:55 PM

How did you gain all the weight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 1:29 PM

A sharper cut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 1:30 PM

Final Jeopardy: "The Only King with More Wives than Henry VIII."

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 2:10 PM

The problem with DL today is that it's so hard to tell sarcasm from naivety.

Is OP being funny? Is OP being serious?

I'd like to think OP is being sarcastic as Larry King was the biggest joke in tv interview history. But then again, so many DLers are 25 year old fly over boys that maybe he actually thinks King was good.

As Bubble once said, "Who can tell? Who can tell?"

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 2:22 PM

R11 OP here, I'm absolutely serious.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 2:25 PM

Me too OP, me too!

His style made many a tough nut crack open & the real dish come out. Loved him. He did a kick ass one with a Manson Family Guy, whose name I can't recall, who got out before the SHTF. Fascinating. Wish I could find it..Any sleuths?

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 2:33 PM

[quote]I'd like to think OP is being sarcastic as Larry King was the biggest joke in tv interview history.

You are absurd.

Larry King Live ran for 25 years on CNN. 25 years.

He was well respected and that's why EVERYONE was interviewed by him.

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 2:39 PM

DL is full of 25 year olds? Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 2:42 PM

Didnā€™t he deep rim the Reagans?

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2022 11:45 AM

I heard a celebrity tell Larry that wherever they traveled, they were always glad to turn on their hotel tv and find his show. He was always these and always had interesting guests. There's nothing like it on prime time tv anymore. Joy Behar did her version of it for a couple of years on Headline News.

All that said, Larry was a notoriously unprepared interviewer. He said it helped him ask the same questions that the audience would ask. I also possibly allowed him to slog it out for that many years without burning out. Larry once said that one of the best questions to ask a guest was "why?"

The show that preceded Larry's was Crossfire, which was a mini-McLaughlin group and was one of the first politics-as-entertainment shows I remember airing in prime time. That style of programming now dominates all of the "news" networks during prime time.

It would be nice to have a non-political interview show on during that time, but it may be a bygone era.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2022 11:09 PM

^always there, not always these.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2022 11:10 PM

^^"It also allowed", not "I". I didn't know the man.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2022 11:11 PM

I enjoyed LK. He had on a lot of older Hollywood stars whose heyday was long gone, but they had really interesting things to talk about on his show. I was born in the late 80s, so his show was always on when I was growing up. I was sad when his show ended. I still remember him getting the first interview with Paris Hilton when she got out of jail back in 2007 (the year I graduated high school) it was so hyped up and people actually thought she was a changed woman at 26 years old. She couldn't even recite a Bible verse after claiming she read the Bible in jail. She also promised to build a women's shelter too, which she never did. We should probably force her to build that shelter she said she would on Larry King and still haven't done so.

She has the money to day it. She should be forced via public pressure to do so. So spoiled and entitled.

by Anonymousreply 20August 16, 2022 12:02 AM

Hmmm. Was Larry King televised around the world? What networks? I've never heard a non-American reference Larry King.

by Anonymousreply 21August 16, 2022 12:02 AM

At least in the early years, CNN International --widely available by satellite -- largely just re-ran the US edition.

by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2022 6:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!