Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This Dude Did A David Caruso, And Expects To Be An A-Lister?? His First Foray Is A Total Piece of Shit

Let me get this straight. This cat leaves a major hit series on Netflix where he becomes the breakaway star, only to end up doing The Gray Man, not The Gay Man, as a Netflix feature film? Have anyone seen that piece of dreck?? The role he plays is a generic standard issue mustache twerling bad guy. 10 zillion out-of-work actors in his age range and color could have done this thankless role. Pick your next projects with care, Dude, else you can join David Caruso in the has-been line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 12:47 AM

I believe it's because his character is a central character in the first book but is only briefly mentioned in the next 7. Each book focuses on a different Bridgerton and his story was over. And he was told he was only going to be on for one season from the start and then because of his popularity they wanted to shoehorn him into subsequent seasons.

It really wasn't his decision or fault.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 4:01 AM

This dude? This cat?

What are you? 80?

Oh, wait....

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 8:28 AM

David Caruso? He wishes. Caruso was practically a household name at one point. Nobody knows who the hell this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 8:32 AM

I think I read somewhere he’s coming back for the 3rd season.

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 8:36 AM

Hausfraus around the world were sponging their sweaty vajajays over Page for a year or so R3.

Meanwhile, looks like Caruso is transitioning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 8:43 AM

He LOVES his own "jokes"...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 8:48 AM

Twerling?

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 8:49 AM

My GAWD, Hugh Grant -- who's also in that Dungeons and Dragons film -- looks like HELL.

62?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 8:50 AM

[quote] Nobody knows who the hell this guy is.

And nobody knows how to pronounce his name. Reggie-Gene?

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 8:54 AM

R8 He got COVID back in 2020. And a really bad case of it.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 8:57 AM

This guy is nice-looking but in a very generic way. He doesn’t stand out.

Maybe you had to see the series to get it. I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 9:01 AM

He's soft. Not in an effeminate way but he's not hard masculine. That's what made the frauen wet.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 9:35 AM

He was TERRIBLE in Gray Man.

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 9:46 AM

He made a huge mistake, really huge.

Jonathan Bailey said in a recent interview he'll be ready for every season of Bridgerton no matter he will not be the main character again, because he knows business. He knows that every season (even if your screen time is not that much) there'll be promo to do, and your face will be everywhere (which means more projects).

Page seems to think he was just too big to play a character role, surprise, he was not. And now he basically do perfume commercials.

And i'm pretty sure Shonda was not happy about this (Shonda has a lot of different problems so keep her happy could mean a lot of work)

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 9:54 AM

R9 - SAME! I’m Canadian and grew up with French on cereal boxes and compulsory French classes ‘til I was sixteen, so I just assumed, because of the accent, it was like “Rezjay Zjawn Page” or whatever. Is it not? I never watched that trashy Bridgerton show and have no idea!

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 9:54 AM

Put the person's NAME in your thread title, OP. Get that straight, why don't you?

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 11:14 AM

r14 Yes, that's how it's pronounced. The point that poster was making is that his name might be too confusing for the American audiences. Then again, if Saoirse Ronan has been able to overcome that obstacle... And she doesn't pronounce her own name properly either, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 11:33 AM

R8 I am thoroughly traumatized by that photo of Hugh Grant! He aged like a baked apple!

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 11:37 AM

Is he Haitian? Or Creole like Beyawnce?

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 11:43 AM

he'd look great with a dick in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 11:44 AM

[QUOTE] Then again, if Saoirse Ronan has been able to overcome that obstacle

Who?

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 11:44 AM

Regé-Jean Page has that overly “pressed” look like any of the gay hustlers that graced Christopher St. in the 90’s. He’s my type- I’ve seen guys identical to him at Pieces, the Hangar and Sneakers. But he needs to work with a trainer on that skinny Muppet ass.

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 11:44 AM

omfg, R18 - a baked apple! So accurate! 😆

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 11:48 AM

Hugh Grant's face skin has resembled a ball sack for 15 years at least.

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 11:52 AM

I don't know, but Page's move out of Bridgerton was so unusual that I think there was some behind the scene drama that led to it. Yes, it could be some larger-than -life ego on his side. Maybe his agent wasn't up to the task and overplayed his hand when negotiating a better salary for the client. Or something went down behind the scenes of Bridgerton that nobody likes to talk about. If the main star leaves the show after one season, it poses a huge risk for the entire show. So letting him go seems very neglective - unless something went down.

What I don't get: Aren't there some contractual obligations for actors to stay on a show for multiple seasons? I thought there is a standard clause that holds actors for years to come should the show get renewed. Sounds odd that Bridgerton didn't have such clause for him while everybody else stayed put. It's hard to believe that everybody's contract was to be (re-) negotiated after the first season. Not an entertainment lawyer here. Maybe someone with legal background can explain more?

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 12:09 PM

David Caruso was at one time a great example of an ungrateful actor too big for his britches. However, he ended up starring in a TV show that became the most watched show globally. Quite frankly, he chose his own way and became a huge success, and I applaud him for the balls it took. I personally pretty much hate my job but it's now basically too late for me to find anything else. I so very well get him. He apparently has retired from acting and owns a clothing store and is involved in the art business. Sounds like he's doing what he wants.

People are gleefully waiting for this Page guy to crash and burn but really, he's trying to maximize his career prospects. Can you really blame him for it? I haven't seen his acting and if it's not good enough he can certainly only blame himself but he's already booked at least two high profile MOVIE gigs after Bridgerton which tells there's demand for him. He's already in his mid 30s so no wonder he took the chance when he got it. A quick look at his career tells he's been acting since he was 14 so he's not exactly a rookie anymore. I hope his D&D movie will be a success, at least the trailer looked great.

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2022 12:11 PM

The Brisgerton scenario was actually described by R1, R25. It was never intended as a long-haul ensemble show. They wanted to use him more, as he was popular, but he wasn't contracted to be available, though it looks like he has agreed to pop back in later series, so the whole idea behind OP's post is actually complete rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2022 12:14 PM

R25, The Gray Man is a Netflix property as well so I assume him leaving Bridgerton was done amicably. It was a huge win for Netflix to get the Russo brothers so one can assume Page, the hottest thing on Netflix, was handed to the brothers on a gold platter.

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2022 12:17 PM

Also, Bridgerton is total crap.

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2022 12:20 PM

Pings

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2022 12:34 PM

He didn’t “leave” Bridgerton. The show is basically an anthology. Every season focuses on a new Bridgerton. This season it was Johnny. Next season will be the younger brother and Lady Whistledown. There was no reason to keep him because he’s not a character the show is following. His wife barely appeared this last season. It had nothing to do with lawyers or contracts. He finished his engagement and was done with the show. It’s not difficult to understand. There were no nefarious backstage negotiations.

When it was clear the character was becoming “popular”, showrunners started warning people that he wouldn’t be appearing in the same capacity in the next season because his character’s story was essentially over and there was no room to include him because the show was going to focus entirely on the eldest brother’s search for a wife. If anything he would be reduced to brief cameos.

The things you people choose to focus on. It’s all very Qanon Trump. Fucking weirdos. And btw, there’s no comparison to Caruso, Jean Page has already had ten times the career Caruso had.

by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2022 12:34 PM

There isn't a lot of demand for him r26. He has nothing lined up after D&D.

by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2022 12:36 PM

R25 is a fever fantasy clit fingering completely detached from fact or reality.

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2022 12:38 PM

Why does this "cat's" career path have OP so worked up?

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2022 12:39 PM

[Quote]Put the person's NAME in your thread title, OP. Get that straight, why don't you?

Chill, dude. We know the cat he's talkin bout.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2022 12:41 PM

[quote] His First Foray Is A Total Piece of Shit

You must have a limited vocabulary, OP.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2022 12:43 PM

I think he let the Bridgerton attention go to his head.

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2022 1:02 PM

Rezshysheen!

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2022 1:38 PM

When is that fussy dyke Shonda going to come out?

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2022 2:06 PM

I’d watch him eat ice cream again!

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2022 3:11 PM

R10, covid doesn't age your skin like smoking 5 packs a day. And if he had a bad case, uh...might be because he smokes 5 packs a day.

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2022 12:45 AM

Real name is 'Regererai Page'

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 12:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!