Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which is your favourite Amy Adams performance?

After a lacklustre 2021 (she dodged a Razzie "win"), Amy Adams is returning this year with Disenchanted, the sequel to Enchanted. She is supposed to start filming Nightbitch soon, directed by Marielle Heller (Can You Ever Forgive Me?, A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood). Looking back on her career, which performance of hers is your favourite?

Please leave a comment, especially if your choice isn't one of the first nine options. Thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2022 2:31 PM

Arrival

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2022 9:36 AM

Leslie Miller!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2022 9:49 AM

Woman in the Window. 😁

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2022 10:19 AM

American Hustle is all I like her in. She's so bland.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2022 12:07 PM

I like Adams more often than not, but I have to go with Arrival for her career highlight to date. She's in nearly every scene; she had great, rich material, and she served the material well. We may not even realize how well until we go through the film a second time, with its deceptive timeline fully clarified.

Heisserer's screenplay describes Louise as having a "clean, timeless look about her; the kind of woman who ages gracefully." Ideal casting.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2022 1:29 PM

The Muppets

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2022 2:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!