Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When did Britney Spears first start to lose her looks and why?

When did her looks first start to fade and go downhill and why?

Please post pictures if you can.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2022 9:57 AM

She looks fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 12:23 AM

When she turned 18! What the fuck is wrong with you OP?

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 12:26 AM

Dunno

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 12:42 AM

Matt Lauer interview, 2006. Now she's looked a helluva lot better in the years since (and I thought she was peak gorgeous when Glory came out in 2016(?)) but this was the lowest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 1:05 AM

What a total shit thread!

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 1:12 AM

Y’all fuck’n bitches!

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 1:13 AM

A bit earnest there, huh OP?

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 1:13 AM

Try getting to know real people in real life OP. Very few people look the same way everyday or year. We all go through times of being over stressed, over or underweight - too many late nights or too long days at work. No sleep - only sleep. Pain, depression. Beautiful glowing days of shiny eyes and high round ASSES too. Dark circles and love handles. Peak fitness and personal loneliness. You have to leave the house to know people or to become ONE! Why obsess about at 41 year old ex pop star?

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 1:15 AM

Which “Britney Spears”? There have been like a dozen chicks pretending to be her since the mid-90s.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 1:15 AM

You know why op.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 1:25 AM

I saw a copy of her birth-announcement card on eBay, with the hospital newborn photo.

I'd say at birth, when the FAS effects appear.

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 2:09 AM

[quote]Why obsess about at 41 year old ex pop star?

I'd bet the rent that next Friday, she's gonna have the number song on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 2:42 AM

Age 24

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 3:25 AM

Hfukg

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 6:41 AM

It was always a lot of smoke and mirrors. I saw her when she first came out and she had makeup caked on over a bad complexion, but in her videos she looked so good. She never was a real beauty, lots of makeup and lightening her hair blonde helped a lot. If you really want to pick apart her body she has a huge neck and tree trunk legs.

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 7:16 AM

She has a tendency to hang meat curtains out of limousines. Otherwise she looks youthful for her age. Madonna is a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 7:36 AM

Meth face

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 12:42 PM

What a sad person you are, mocking a mentally disturbed woman.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2022 12:53 PM

She still looks good but I fear that she will become the next Anne Heche. I really think that her conservatorship saved her but it was probably too confining. She probably has too much freedom now for someone so vulnerable. I don't think that it will end well for her. I don't know about her finances, even if she is set for life that just means that her downfall will just be a little more luxurious and comfortable. She seems like a regular soccer mom at heart who would just like to go to the mall and have a hot hubby to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 1:15 PM

She lost them? Where? I want to help search!

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 1:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 1:42 PM

She was never that attractive. I honestly never understood the obsession with this mediocre woman.

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 1:47 PM

She was cuter with her original biggish nose.

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 1:55 PM

R23 Just like Ryan Gosling

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 2:07 PM

R24 I don't find Gosling attractive at all from the neck up.

I'm happy that most people see him and see the ideal man because it makes me realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it absolves me of the guilt I would otherwise feel about finding him difficult to look at. I find him extremely homely.

I never thought Britney was beautiful—she's too plain and too athletic and bulky to be called that—but she has a cute-pretty face and a sweet charm. I see Gosling and imagine a cocky intellectually limited camel who wished himself into becoming a human movie star.

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 2:17 PM

R25 I think Ryan Gosling's smile has the same shape as his chin

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2022 2:58 PM

She lost her looks very quickly. By 2004, the straight guys in my school didn't give a shit about her and they were all in agreement saying "she's not hot anymore". The cause is probably all those Cheetos she ate during her manic episodes.

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2022 3:23 PM

She was cute and pretty in a girl next door cheerleader way but never extremely beautiful. That was her appeal. She was a Barbie doll come to life. She also like Brooke Shields was sold on being jailbait and she looked older than her age with tons of makeup and form fitting clothes to accentuate that. Her looks started to fade around 2004 due to drugs and mental illness. She had a brief comeback in 2008 to 2011 but all the life was drained out of her. The plastic surgery didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2022 4:06 PM

She's in pretty good shape now, at 40. She's entering perimenopausal territory. If it was hard to stay in shape before, it's not going to get easier.

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2022 4:43 PM

Do you think you could hold a normal conversation with her?

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2022 5:28 PM

R30, only if it's about cheetos.

by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2022 6:15 PM

She actually looks good for 40. She has a nice body. Sam helps her workout, and it pays off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2022 6:38 PM

Britney has a nice body for her age just like J Lo. Beyonce and Christina have both picked up the pounds but I think that's just genetics. Timberlake still has a good body but he dresses like an old uncle from the hood with those baggy clothes which makes him look fat.

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2022 6:45 PM

Of course she has a great body. It's not like she spends hours every day playing instruments, writing lyrics/music, or taking care of her kids. Which leaves 24 hours of eating Cheetos and twinkies, having sex, working out and sleeping.

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2022 7:08 PM

[quote]She seems like a regular soccer mom at heart who would just like to go to the mall and have a hot hubby to fuck.

Exactly. She's basically a pumpkin spice lady. Unfortunately for her, when she was at her peak, nobody could outshine her. She was a supernaturally gifted performer (not a singer, a performer), but she seemed like she didn't like doing it.

And to anyone who thinks she isn't beautiful, she still cleans up better than most. This was in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2022 4:44 AM

I always thought she had a great smile and nice warm brown eyes

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2022 4:48 AM

F/F. Britney Spears is absolutely gorgeous inside and out and always has been!

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2022 5:01 AM

R37 Cool to see you update your own comment.

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2022 5:08 AM

*upvote

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2022 5:09 AM

If this thread was about Christina Aguilera or Jessica Simpson, nobody would be complaining and saying it's unfair and mean.

by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2022 5:21 AM

I don't think she's lost her looks. I actually think she looks better now, but when you factor in the crazy, it does diminish some of the outside shine.

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2022 5:24 AM

Right after Madonna kissed her.

by Anonymousreply 42August 15, 2022 5:30 AM

[quote]Right after Madonna kissed her.

Sucked her life force out. Right after Madonna's Super Bowl performance with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., they found M.I.A.'s dried out corpse in a broom closet in the back of the stadium. She looked like a dried up corn husk.

And that's why we haven't heard from her since.

by Anonymousreply 43August 15, 2022 3:03 PM

Around 2009

by Anonymousreply 44August 15, 2022 3:08 PM

The thing is she needs a team of people to look good.

She's a product. On her own she's spinning around in raccoon eye makeup flinging Cheetos everywhere.

She needs a director to make her look good and stylists, choreographers to direct her energy.

by Anonymousreply 45August 15, 2022 3:13 PM

Flying coach?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 15, 2022 3:37 PM

[quote]On her own she's spinning around in raccoon eye makeup flinging Cheetos everywhere.

And that's totally valid. She's a millionaire so she has someone (probably several someones) to pick up flung Cheetos.

by Anonymousreply 47August 15, 2022 7:30 PM

R35 She was actually a great singer and could have been trained to be even better but she she was forced to sing nasaly to sound more feminine or younger because her voice was so mature. That's why she is known for her dancing talent rather than singing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 16, 2022 5:52 PM

R48 Her voice isn't that good in that video that's been shared here a million times. It's not terrible and showed potential but it's a stretch to call her a "great" singer with this evidence. She sounds out of breath, in pain and is frequently off-key. If she did sing in her natural tone and developed it to stay on-key, she wouldn't have been a pop singer. Country or maybe rock. But the Britney we know would never have existed and maybe it would be for the best.

by Anonymousreply 49August 16, 2022 5:56 PM

R49 Britney sounds consitent, has support and unlike many singers today, knows to open her mouth when pronouncing the words she sings. What else do you want? The one clip in the video where her album is shown has been recoreded at a time where her normal singing was already untrained, that's why she sounds so odd there.

by Anonymousreply 50August 16, 2022 6:24 PM

R50 Being off-key and having poor breathing isn't really consistent. But I guess different strokes for different folks... I just don't believe if she wasn't who she was, people would even think much of these singing clips. Here's a less biased clip show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 16, 2022 6:28 PM

R51 I think this sounds better than Christina Aguilera

by Anonymousreply 52August 16, 2022 6:57 PM

R52 To each their own.

by Anonymousreply 53August 16, 2022 7:29 PM

Jesus, are people really trying to argue Britney was even a tolerable singer?

by Anonymousreply 54August 16, 2022 11:05 PM

Britney's a performer. She isn't a good singer. Never was. Britney stans are really obsessed with proving Britney can sing and the label ruined her voice. My thing is if Britney could sing, why can't she? If the reason is she never trained or learned a proper technique or ever how to on-key then that means she was never good at singing. She had a decent theatre/pageant shouty voice as a kid but most kids can sound decent. They aren't really judged to the same extent as adult singers. She clearly never developed a technique for her voice as it aged. She chose to continue to sing in a nasally babydoll voice because it was marketable to her image. So if she never could sing properly as a young woman and still can't sing properly as a middle-aged woman. Then it's fair to say she could never sing properly.

Brandy can sing, Beyonce can sing, Christina Aguilera can sing, Pink, Ariana Grande can sing, Katy Perry can sing while Britney cannot. But Britney is famous for being a performer just like Madonna, Janet and Jennifer Lopez. People pay to see her dance and work the stage.

by Anonymousreply 55August 16, 2022 11:18 PM

I"ve seen Britney fans argue that she is really intelligent and that the media just made her out to be dumb 🙄

by Anonymousreply 56August 16, 2022 11:22 PM

R56 They also say she just has a Southern accent and that's why she rambles on and types word salad. Which is also insulting. People in the South know how to spell and use proper diction and speak eloquently. She isn't educated but that has nothing to do with being Southern and she doesn't even have that strong of an accent like her siblings and parents do.

by Anonymousreply 57August 16, 2022 11:31 PM

R57, these fans will believe anything. ANYTHING.. Why can't they just admit she's a dumbass?

by Anonymousreply 58August 16, 2022 11:33 PM

The word is "nasal," not "nasally," unless you're using it as an adjective, as R48 might be construed to be (if one were feeling generous).

by Anonymousreply 59August 16, 2022 11:38 PM

R58 Yep. If she's mentally stable as they claim then she ruined her own life with poor decisions. Her family is awful and I don't think she deserved what happened but c'mon, she has to have some accountability and own up to her own stupid life choices. The conservatorship likely saved her but I also agree she should be free to destroy herself. I love Whitney Houston but I admit she wasn't smart and made very stupid choices. Same with George Michael and Jimi Hendrix. I can see the shitty parenting had an effect. But I feel especially once you have kids of your own, you need to grow up the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 60August 16, 2022 11:50 PM

I meant "adverb," of course.

by Anonymousreply 61August 16, 2022 11:52 PM

Around this time:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 16, 2022 11:55 PM

[quote] Brandy can sing, Beyonce can sing, Christina Aguilera can sing, Pink, Ariana Grande can sing, Katy Perry can sing while Britney cannot.

IMO, Brandy has limited range, but I do like her low voice. Katy Perry can hit notes but she shouts more than sings.

by Anonymousreply 63August 17, 2022 12:20 AM

Katy Perry is auto tuned to hell on her recordings, and cannot sing live. She has written some bops however.

by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2022 11:01 AM

I think Britney sang better here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2022 9:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!