Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When a title turns you off

Where The CRAWDADS SING????

Get fucked bitch, This shit could be Shakespeare and I will NOT read it with a title like that. Its a cliche of a cliche of a cliche of a BITCH!

And I learned my lesson with The Goldfinch. Many hours of a wasted life that I CAN NEVER GET BACK!

Your crawdads can FUCK THEMSELVES and YOU TOO, author.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 12:23 AM

All the books released in the last few years with the title daughter in them. So weird and backward. The ( So and so' s daughter). I can't recall any specific titles but I just remember that I kept seeing daughter titles in the fiction section of Barnes and noble.

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 12:01 AM

I've read the description of the crawdads book and it appears you didn't miss out on anything. The synopsis read like a very narcissistic 13 year old girls fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 12:03 AM

The word girl in every other title. Especially since it always refers to an adult frau.

Ambulance Girl

The Girl Who Kicked the Left Rear Tire

Etc

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 12:05 AM

Publishers seem to believe that only teenage girls and their frau mothers read fiction these days (hence all the "daughter" titles).

Perhaps they're right.

But I long for the days of Cheever, Updike, Salinger, Capote, Roth, etc. Even Norman Mailer would be welcomed back.

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 12:21 AM

Where the Crawdads Sing-

Crawdads Sing.

What a douche nozzle.

Thanks for the few posts of support. I thought I would be driven out!

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 12:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!