Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why don’t black people like foreign cars?

You don’t see many black people driving BMWs or Mercedes cars. Usually it’s the black professionals who are around white people. But other than that black people with money usually seem to want a Cadillac or Lincoln. I wonder why.

Even among middle income professionals, I’ve noticed that white and Asian people tend to drive a Honda or Toyota while black people tend to drive a Ford or Chevy. Come to think of it, I don’t know any white professionals who drive American cars, unless they are extremely conservative.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 12:42 AM

Are you going to tell us the answer? Does it involve watermelons?

by Anonymousreply 1August 14, 2022 12:03 AM

Stick shifts?

by Anonymousreply 2August 14, 2022 12:08 AM

OP? You don't get out much, do you?

by Anonymousreply 3August 14, 2022 12:13 AM

I love my Meecedes!

by Anonymousreply 4August 14, 2022 12:18 AM

OP, if you mean black Americans or African-Americans, look at the history. The Big Three automakers, General Motors, Ford Motor Company, and Chrysler Stellantis North America, were all based out of Detroit, employed African-Americans, sold their cars to African-Americans, and were affordable to many middle class AA families.

BMW and Mercedes Benz are German cars, and therefore, never really built a loyal customer base among African Americans

With that said, you really need to get out more. I have many AA colleagues who drive around in Hondas, Hyundais and Kias.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 12:19 AM

Had a 2019 Porsche Cayenne- AMAZING VEHICLE.

Now have a 2022 Audi Q5- What a basic bitch cunt of a OVERPRICED poser car with not one redeeming quality. Was over it in 2 weeks.

Should have kept the Cayenne and just paid for repairs. It was a much better vehicle and company. (Despite the Volkswagen/Porsche connection)

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 12:22 AM

Many AAs drive Kias and Toyotas

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 12:24 AM

OP, having done a survey of the cars his 12 co-workers at the Council Bluffs Snippery drive....

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 12:24 AM

In the 1970’s if you drove by the Black Slums- the only flashy cars 🚗 you’d see were Cadillacs. By the late 1980’s it started to change- their favorite RIFF RAFF rap artists were driving Mercedes so those became established as status symbols.

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 12:33 AM

Fifty years ago if you drove by the Black Slums- the only flashy cars 🚗 you’d see were Cadillacs. About 35 years ago, it started to change- their favorite RIFF RAFF rap artists were driving Mercedes so those became established as status symbols.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 12:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!