Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race (season 2)

Is anyone watching this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2022 7:10 AM

no. dull.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 11:11 PM

It's so dumb.

Why do they need to copy the Masked Singer? Keeping their identities a "secret" means the audience doesn't really get a chance to bond with the contestants which is part of the formula which makes drag race work.

Also some of the make up for the drag transformations was godawful, who is doing it?

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 11:16 PM

Are these celebrities anybody people have heard of?

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 11:19 PM

Technically you aren't supposed to know who they are, but of course the internet clocked everybody in two seconds r3.

AJ McLean (Backstreet Boys)

Tatyana Ali (Fresh Prince)

Daniel Franzece (Mean Girls)

Mark Indelicato (Hacks, Ugly Betty)

Jenna Ushkowitz (Glee)

Kevin McHale (Glee)

Taylour Dayne (singer, Tell It To My Heart)

Loretta Devine

Thom Filicia ( Queer Eye )

Loretta Devine and AJ are fairly famous.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 11:23 PM

I watched half of thr first episode and then forwarded to the end to see who is who. It was boring. I don't want to watch people from behind without seeing their faces. I do know who most of the people listed above are, unlike the first season, but I don't want to just want them do song and dance lip syncs all season. Super snoozer.

by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 1:24 AM

I think "celebrity" has become synonymous with "person."

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 1:34 AM

I thought the performances were really fun, and most were great drag queens. I don’t care about the celebrity part that much.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2022 1:14 AM

I mean "drag queens" that get their make up done for them, get their drag picked out and dressed for them, and perform numbers other people choreograph r7.

I mean it's fun but these people aren't really mastering the art of drag.

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2022 1:18 AM

Like us all, I knew it was Loretta as soon as she opened her mouth. But has compelled me to download Boston Public, which I have fond memories of.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2022 2:45 AM

I only clocked two of them, but overall I enjoyed the performances. I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2022 3:51 AM

I don’t understand the celebrity part. I guess I was wrong—not everybody becomes a celebrity .

by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2022 5:59 AM

This must be the end of RPDR………. Drag for mums and dads

by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2022 6:00 AM

I knew Loretta right off the bat & the fat guy was really obvious.

I don’t enjoy RPDR very much & thought the first season of this iteration was beyond stupid (3 same-sex contestants compete vs each other for one ep, Ru picks his best friend/favorite, money goes to charity). I rather like this version though, but am mainly watching to be surprised at the end reveal.

by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2022 7:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!