Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump stooges: what's in it for them?

I am genuinely surprised that Rubio, Paul and Grassley would go on TV -- even if it is the Fox News Infotainment channel -- with access to all the facts and with full knowledge of who Trump really is, and disparage the FBI. When his political career ends, with prison or death, what's in it for them?

I can understand the half-wits like former Congressman Sean Duffy from one of those MTV reality shows but how does someone who wants a future do it with a straight face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2022 12:08 PM

Pure opportunism.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 7:17 PM

Re-election.

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 7:17 PM

The public is not rising up for Trump. I know this because several of them I work with have not confronted me a b out any of this, which they would if they thought Trump were being set up. He is finished: he jsut doesn't know it.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 7:24 PM

Because they are not leaders. They are hitching their wagons to a criminal for fame, fortune, election or reelection.

Some people are just pieces of shit. And Trump will dump them as soon as they are not needed.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 7:50 PM

Why would any coworker of yours ever confront YOU about something the FBI did to a public figure?

Further to that, why do you feel it necessary to invent things to "prove" your point, r3? Is it for the attention?

What's wrong with the truth? I always wonder this when I see obvious EST comments.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 7:55 PM

The Base is still crazy and violent and full of shit and nonsense. Sadly, they need that base to survive. The whole damn party needs to die, really. No Republican can be trusted with the slightest power or responsibility for the next 20 years cause they answer to crazy assholes.

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 7:58 PM

[quote] Some people are just pieces of shit. And Trump will dump them as soon as they are not needed.

Exactly. He would throw them under a bus without a second thought. I just don't get this full-throated condemnation of the DOJ and the FBI on his behalf.

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2022 7:59 PM

On the upside, as the Trumpanzees go beserk, it will highlight the real threat of domestic terrorism. If directed at the government, the DOJ/FBI will crack down on the QAnon crazies and other extremists.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2022 8:02 PM

[quote] The public is not rising up for Trump. I know this because several of them I work with have not confronted me a b out any of this, which they would if they thought Trump were being set up. He is finished: he jsut doesn't know it.

You’re too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2022 8:03 PM

do whores have shame?....

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2022 8:04 PM

Because they normally do R5. They told me Trump won in 2020 repeatedly, etc. etc.. They believe every lie about Biden falling down stairs and unable to function. They think Kamala is running the country. When Biden spoke about Armenian genocide they said it was because he was trying to start negotiations again with Iran and let them build nuclear bombs to destroy Israel. They had a conspiracy spin on every news story of every day. The fact that they aren't saying so tells me that they aren't buying it.

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2022 8:04 PM

Rubio et al are pretty stupid. These comments were made immediately after the raid. Smart people would have waited a few days.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2022 8:07 PM

Some people such as Trump and his stooges have no moral compass, no conscience, no principles.

By asking about Trump stooges, you are presupposing that they have any morals in the first place. Some assholes enjoy being around other assholes. Birds of a feather, etc. They think short-term such as their next election/reelection, and they think they are the ones who Trump will end up favoring. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Trump has no loyalty to any of these stooges the way they have loyalty to him. They are yesterday's news to be thrown out the second they cross him in the slightest way--and sometimes the stooges won't even know what they've done wrong. It may only be trailing in the polls--and they're out.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2022 8:26 PM

R12 is correct. Cubano racist Rubio was one of the first Trump dolts to go on the offensive against Garland. And as per usual, Rubio ends up stepping on a land mine.

What makes opportunistic Latinos like Rubio so fucking stupid? Too much red beans and rice, like that other Cubano racist washed up hag, cottage cheese thighs Camila Cabello?

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2022 9:14 PM

Extreme gerrymandering leaves seats that are owned by the GOP so there is nothing to counter the push to extremism.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2022 9:17 PM

Money. It’s money & ego.

I can’t begin to do justice to describing how fucking great it is to be a US senator. You have no idea. You don’t work. You have staff paid for by US govt and you have unpaid interns from the top American law schools. You travel by motorcade to and from the airport. You take private jets loaned to you by athletes, sports team owners, billionaires. Young horny people throw themselves at you. It’s not even a blackmailabke offense anymore to get caught in the sack with someone of legal age. Barney Frank had a gay whorehouse operating out of his home and didn’t resign. Lauren Whathercunt’s husband exposed himself to underaged girls and didn’t even get listed on the sex offender registry. (Al Franken was a fool to have resigned over that stupid photo, btw)

Yiu get 5he best table in restaurants. Your staff tells you who’s a Republican and who’s a democratic business owner. You patronize your own party’s businesses and the business owners fall all over you, groveling. They know they can hit you up for a favor….a letter of recommendation for your kid’s college or military academy application… a disappeared DUI… a zoning change so you can add onto your business.

Your whole family gets hired for no-show jobs by billionaire business owners.

You give your family members inside information and they will invest and make millions for you. Your wife will be a lobbyist for poisonous industries. Your kids will go to Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Georgetown. Their future is set. You have created a family dynasty that will last for generations.

Nobody wants to give that up. No matter how much of an asshole you are, you’ve got 6 years of steady, well paid, guaranteed employment involving no work on your part.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2022 9:56 PM

3 things, one or more of which apply to each of them:

1) Money. Their big donors require Trump fealty.

2) They're afraid of his base and/or need his base to win.

3) They're afraid of what dirt Trump has on them.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2022 9:59 PM

Honestly, the money thing is not entirely convincing. Most of them could get high-paid lobbying jobs if they wanted, or probably other high-paid, do nothing jobs on Boards and shit. The attention is probably what is so addictive. I thought of this when John McCain was crawling on his belly pretending to give a shit about building that stupid fucking WALL on the border in his last Senate campaign. He definitely didn't need the money, but damn, he must have been addicted to the attention of being SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN, although seriously, he could have been ELDER STATESMAN JOHN MCCAIN and still have had a great life.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2022 10:02 PM

r16 is typing from a 1970s Hollywood script.

"motorcade"? you seriously think in this day and age a Senator is traveling to the airport by motorcade? They'd love to, of course, but the optics of that can't be sustained.

I rarely use the phrase, "I know for a fact" but in this instance it applies. I know for a fact US Senators don't travel by motorcade to the airport. I attended a conference at National Harbor in DC and stayed at a hotel whose shuttle took us to the airport- the same shuttle that the day before took Cruz and couple of other Senators to the airport.

The driver blabbed about Cruz and said that he knows him from taking him to the airport many times. He said about Cruz, "He can never just make small talk. He always has to talk to you like he's making an argument in a courtroom".

That gave me great insight into why Cruz is the most unpopular US Senator and he's hated MOSTLY by other Repugs. Can you imagine having to endure that pain in the ass Cruz?

Now one perk that bears more scrutiny is the firewall that should be up between knowledge of a law that will be passed and its impact on the stock price of a commodity; one that just happens to be in your "blind" portfolio.

I'm not saying that there aren't perks. There are, but , a US Senator has to be very hesitant about the optics of traveling by private plane, especially when everybody now has a cellphone.

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2022 10:15 PM

R18, the attention and power of being a politician is a draw for some, but the ones who want the high-paying lobbying and similar gigs still need to put in some time as politicians to get the access and relationships that the lobbying firms value. That take more than 1 or 2 terms. So for many of them, money is a big factor because they need to survive a few more election cycles to get what they really want.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2022 10:23 PM

[quote] Honestly, the money thing is not entirely convincing. Most of them could get high-paid lobbying jobs if they wanted, or probably other high-paid, do nothing jobs on Boards and shit

No. They really can’t. Nobody is going to keep Ted Cruz under employment at a high paying job. He’s not getting on any boards without “US senator” as a background. Nobody would hire Mitch McConnell. He’s a money grubbing rat and is driven by revenge and hatred. Nobody would be Mitch McConnell’s friend without the power of his US senatorial seat. Did you see his first wife? It was obviously a lavender marriage they both felt they needed for political expediency.

Marco Rubio is a two faced little shit. Once people worked with him for a while, they’d say, “Let’s get rid of this guy he’s underhanded and slimy. He makes me feel dirty.”

Lindsey Graham? Who’s hiring him?

You need money for power. If you’re not born rich you have to acquire money and being a US senator is one of the best ways of doing it. You get power and you rake in the money.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2022 10:26 PM

Really, no energy company would hire Ted Cruz to dick around and make a few phone calls to the new Texas senator? No coal company would want former Majority Leader McConnell to make a few phone calls (texting is probably not going to happen at his age) to a few former colleagues to slip in some bullshit provision in some legislation?

And Rubio? He's actually not physically repulsive. He could actually make speeches to shareholders!

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2022 10:30 PM

twosies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2022 10:51 PM

all you guys with the recent postings are correct.. don't forget the best healthcare in the world they get as well...

is it any wonder that "things" like greene, boebert, gaetz and others are in "politics"? where else in the world and what other job would they be hired for that pays them this well and all the perks and attention and "power"? NOWHERE!...

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2022 11:54 AM

To me, being an open Trump supporter will come back to bite them the same way photos of people in blackface haunt people today. Worse, actually because there's so much photo and video evidence. They will deny, they will rationalize, but the photos are everywhere.

I recently told an ex-MAGA family member of mine to delete any photos or videos of themselves wearing a red hat. Better safe than sorry.

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2022 12:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!