Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's be Kathleen Battle celebrating her 74th birthday today!

I'm the SERIAL MOM-esque crank calls to Carol Vaness.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 8:42 PM

She went to my school, the College-Conservatory of Music at the U of Cincinnati. For some reason, it was always said around there that she hated it and would have nothing to do with it anymore. And she never did come by for a visit or concert or anything. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 8:22 PM

Jessye Norman shaded her nicely according to an opera thread from a few years ago. The story went that a friend of hers was reading aloud from a review mentioning "black American soprano Kathleen Battle." Jessye shot back, "BLACK? That's news to her!"

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 8:39 PM

I'm a limo driver who's tired of her shit, so I'm cranking the AC up to "Meat Locker."

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 8:42 PM

She might have been a terror behind the scenes, but she had the most glorious voice imaginable. It's a pity; with her looks and talent, she could have had it all.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 8:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!