Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anne Heche was so pretty…

Even as an older woman, she was still very attractive. She seemed to have a very spirited personality as well, with a wry sense of humor.

What a sad situation and ending.

Heartbreaking, really. Here’s a woman who had SOOO munch going for her, yet couldn’t overcome her childhood trauma.

People who hurt children need to be taken off the streets permanently. NEVER, EVER give a child sexual predator a second chance. They systematically ruin lives and kill the amazing potential their victims once had.

Yeah, she should have taken control of the metaphorical wheel, rather than losing control of a steering wheel, however, some people either cannot manage to do this as quickly as others want them to, and sadly, some people cannot do either, at all.

She seemed like a troubled, yet kind soul. May she RIP.

Also, was she related to the woman who’s home she crashed into? Because they look like twins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 5, 2022 9:19 PM

I can't disagree with most of what you wrote (she's not resting, she's dead) but my only thoughts are of her children. She was a train wreck, no doubt about it but what kind of mother was she? I am hoping that her children weren't subjected to any kind of oddness or strangeness from her that would adversely affect them. In other words, I hope the cycle of abuse ended with her. I'm not accusing her of abusing her children but have to wonder if they had a good upbringing. I hope they did. I am also wondering where they will live. Her children have different fathers but they lived with her. I hate to think of the brothers being split up after this major upheaval in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 2:01 PM

She was pretty but she was 'troubled,' and that of course is a gross understatement.

Whitney Houston also was gorgeous and I couldn't bear to watch either of them being interviewed. I felt terrible for them and couldn't understand why no one could intervene to help them.

I remember seeing Whitney on Rosie or Ellen or some daytime talk show and she was talking a mile a second and fidgeting and bouncing and laughing at herself and sweating and I knew she was on some dangerous stimulant and everyone just acted like things were normal.

Heche was similar in interviews, talking a mile a minute with racing thoughts. I've never forgotten about the bizarre events culminating in Celestia and always have viewed her as profoundly mentally ill. A lot of people who have psychotic disorders become drug and alcohol addicts because they have a hard time living with their thoughts and perceptions and substances help to escape that. So I don't judge her for it.

I think Whitney's addiction was probably rooted in religious and cultural shame since she was gay and overcompensated with the God stuff and that drove her to drugs. I think Anne's traumas probably made her seriously ill. I don't blame either of them. I feel so sad that people live lives like that.

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 3:09 PM

That waiflike look plus her waiflike image as the poor little abused girl who fell into the clutches of evil lesbian Ellen but was rescued by the power of dick was what made her a star. That photo of her in the Mini with the vodka bottle said it all. She was at an age when women in Hollywood are past their sell by date and she knew she’d taken the waif act as far as it would go. So she got into her waiflike car with her waiflike drink and went out like a screwed up teenager.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 3:26 PM

There are millions of people with abusive, horrific childhoods who don't have 3 crashes in one morning and only by fate didn't kill as many people as Nicole Larkin.

Why do people insist it is her past that is responsible for her instability as an adult? She was stable enough to have a strong career and be hired. Her father was an addict; she and some of her sibs may have inherited it from him. Her problems appear to be severe drug abuse and alcoholism. At age 53 I do not blame this on her dad, if we can even trust what she says about him.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 8:02 PM

R1 I don't think the brothers will be split up. Despite both baby daddies having had long relationships with Anne Heche, they each seem stable (more stable than, say, Thomas Jane). In one of the James Tupper/Anne Heche court disputes Tupper mentioned Homer Laffoon having the code to Tupper's house. It appeared Homer was welcome any time, like a third home.

Tupper I think will continue to get acting work. Laffoon is remarried, in real estate, and I think has another kid who would be another younger brother to Homer. I think they'll all be fine.

Something about the tone of Homer's tribute to his mother made me think he saw her pretty clearly, understood her somewhat objectively, and had a lot of compassion. I bet the stability in his life came from his dad.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 8:05 PM

OP, for days I thought the picture of the woman whose home she crashed into was a picture of Anne. They look SO much alike. It's just another bizarre footnote to this.

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 8:07 PM

Good genes in that family. Found some images of Anne Heche on the red carpet with her sister Abigail. Abigail was just as gorgeous in the face and had the same body. Now she has some sort of online fashion/jewelry enterprise. Nice stuff, a bit overpriced (IMO). Still looks like Anne. I hope she's ok.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2022 1:59 AM

Is she fully dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2022 2:01 AM

r8 she'll forever live on in other people... every time someone does a line of coke, she'll shine her heavily light down upon their grace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2022 2:04 AM

Jojo Siwas prettyer

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2022 2:07 AM

The Daily Mail posted a photo of her whole family back in the 70s. They were all very attractive and looked like the prototypical all-American family. I wonder if things just unraveled more and more with each premature death.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2022 2:08 AM

Ellen must have felt like she won the lottery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2022 2:23 AM

Why are her actress peers not commenting on her death? Fuck Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2022 3:08 AM

Objectively, an attractive woman but I never cared for her looks or her acting. Her eyes look nasty and cold.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2022 3:14 AM

The photographer Douglas Kirkland (famous for Marilyn in sheets, weeping Judy, and tracheotomy-scar Liz, among many, many other celebrity portraits) posted several glamour shots of Anne, quite stunning. His caption: "Sweet, delicate, vulnerable , wickedly funny , is my recollection of spending the day in our studio with Anne Heche not a diva just a beautiful delicate flower." Jennifer Tilly commented, " I remember when I would see her at events she just shone! It was like there was a light around her. You really captured that."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2022 3:20 AM

Victims of childhood sexual abuse aren't ever able to let go of that nightmare. You can sometimes push it to the back of your mind, but sooner orvlater , what has happened comes back and hits you like a slap in the face. It usually gets worse as you get older, and all the therapy in the world won't snake it go away. There is no acceptance, no forgiveness when you've been traumatised by someone you trusted.

Unless you've lived that life, you won't never understand.

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2022 3:23 AM

She was only 53, she was not an “older woman.” I’m sad for the loss of her life and that she will never live to be that older woman, to have grandchildren, to live many more years and see what could have been. My thoughts and prayers and heart goes out to her family.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2022 3:26 AM

With the natural weight gain of age, her looks actually improved. She looked ferret-y too skinny.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2022 3:53 AM

She was beautiful in the show Hung

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2022 3:55 AM

I always liked Anne's delicate blond beauty , like a porcelain doll. If I was a woman that's what I would want to look like.

I was sorry to hear about her tragic death .She made the foolish decision to drive while under the influence of drugs. Fortunately no one else was killed. For our car fans, her death car was a

BLUE 2020 MINI CLUBMAN COOPER S PLATE # 8T JU201

Too bad she couldn't have been stopped when she had the first fender bender into the white building. From this photo it looks like she was wearing a seatbelt. Even though the air bags deployed, her head must have hit the steering wheel, the caved in roof, or some other hard surface going 90 mph. This caused the traumatic and fatal brain injury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 15, 2022 7:43 AM

r16 Poor Ezra Miller too. He claims to be victim, too. Shall we hold a vigil?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 15, 2022 8:13 AM

That pic of Anne at R15 looks like a glamour shot from the mall.

by Anonymousreply 22August 15, 2022 2:40 PM

R22 It definitely has that Sears Portrait Studio filter.

by Anonymousreply 23August 15, 2022 2:42 PM

She was really perfectly cast in "Twentieth Century".

R17 - just grateful that the occupant of the house she crashed into has the opportunity to live to be a much older woman. She very nearly didn't.

In her soap days, Anne Heche - like Kelly Ripa, believe it or not - was considered to be in danger of being "pudgy." Looking back, she wasn't at ALL but she actually had some body fat and boobs.

Both of them once off their soaps became rail thin and stayed there. At least Heche didn't take it to Ripa's extreme.

by Anonymousreply 24August 15, 2022 3:19 PM

R20 she didn't have a traumatic brain injury, she had an anoxic brain injury. Anoxia occurs when the brain is deprived of oxygen. In her case, she was breathing in toxic fumes for nearly an hour. Heavy smoke, chemicals, particles, etc. Impossible to survive when trapped as long as she was. If someone survives an episode of anoxia they often suffer brain damage and physical impairment (speech, mobility, etc.)

And if anoxia hadn't done her in, her lungs would have. The crash itself, as trauma, didn't kill her. It was being trapped inside the fumes.

by Anonymousreply 25August 15, 2022 3:23 PM

R16 you are acting as if suffering childhood abuse is a ticking time bomb and that damns you for life.

I know enough to know that's not true.

Not to mention Anne's father was delusional and a fantasist as well as an addict, something the family agrees upon. The SA is something both sisters do not agree, and Anne's overexplicit, sensationalized descriptions of what she claimed happen don't jive with trauma, but with someone wanting to shock. She herself sits in the vague area of "My truth" when she talks about it, and if her family is in "denial" how did she find out what happened to her as a baby?

by Anonymousreply 26August 15, 2022 3:33 PM

she had a hot ass literally, but she couldn't live forever

by Anonymousreply 27August 15, 2022 3:49 PM

10 years ago, before the slurring and babbling and driving under the influence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2022 4:05 PM

... and then 10 mos. ago, batshit crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2022 4:31 PM

[R-7] If, by good genes you are talking about her BPD whack job of a mother, father who was a child molester and a closet case, and apparently mostly doomed siblings, well I guess so.

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2022 4:39 PM

I kind of like her batshit era 2021/2022 fashion, style, haircut.

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2022 4:39 PM

Anne's Instagram is still up. She comes across as likeable and somewhat zany. Some of her videos are quite funny. In other videos there is clearly something amiss with her-- I don't know if that's evidence of a substance abuse problem or something else. Her speech had a pressured quality (as seen in R29's video) which I associate with hypomania and mania.

by Anonymousreply 32August 16, 2022 9:54 AM

[quote] you are acting as if suffering childhood abuse is a ticking time bomb and that damns you for life. I know enough to know that's not true.

It is true for some people.

A friend of mine, a much older woman I work with, was sexually abused by her father when she was a child. She is deeply traumatized by it but she is a tough old bird and she has been able to move along in life and thrive objectively, even though she has a lot of emotional scar tissue that's obvious to me.

She studied early childhood education and she is a very empathetic and kind person...except when she encounters people who are fucked up from childhood abuses. She HATES them. I was alarmed by this for years but now I have rationalized that she has transferred the rage she has toward her father and her fate as his victim onto other victims who she believes exploit their lots in life and refuse to move on.

It's not that simple.

Emotional trauma is like physical trauma.

Some people fall from a sixth-story window and inexplicably only break and arm and a leg, mend, and get on with life with certain vulnerabilities and most people who go through that die.

Some people are in terrible car accidents and die, and others end up in the ICU and then have to learn to walk and speak again and one day end up perfectly normal and fully recovered.

My sister works in child protective services and her work reveals how these emotional traumas manifest. She believes most people who are abused as children really never do recover. Despite family therapy, despite removing kids from abusive parents, many grow up to do what their abusive parents do. Many grow up to be drug addicts. Many hurt themselves. Some kill themselves. Some are fine, good, "normal" people until they suddenly shake their baby to death. Some go on with their lives and seem stable but snap from time to time in unreasonable ways and have no idea why.

I didn't know Anne Heche and I can't speak for her as an individual, but different people can go through similar extreme traumas and come out on the other side differently.

I think people who are abused as children and believe they carry no baggage from it are especially prone to becoming enraged at people who are obvious haunted because they displace their own rage and assign it to someone who is clearly vulnerable and who they believe is weak willed—which ultimately is the type of people abusers prey upon.

by Anonymousreply 33August 16, 2022 10:08 AM

she was really hot for a while

by Anonymousreply 34August 16, 2022 7:31 PM

Her co-star Emily Bergl did a tribute and "defense" of Anne in an instagram post that was naive, IMO. She called Anne a genius and her book "brilliant." The one thing I believe to be true is she said Anne was the most professional person she'd ever worked with (on time, always knew her lines, word perfect, etc.) That's the thing people refer to most often when they challenge those who think Anne was too mentally ill to control her behavior.

Per Emily, Anne said she was able to memorize lines quickly because of her dual role days on soaps when she had to memorize "70 pages of dialogue a day." I hate that kind of hyperbole. The entire soap script isn't even 70 pages for the episode, more like 50. It has nearly two inch margins on each side and an inch or more top and bottom, double spaced, plus stage directions and character notes along with the dialogue, and there's usually less text per page than a children's book. Then factor in there are actually other people on the show, scenes you're not in, and how scenes are usually short and sometimes cut together this is not like a marathon theatre role.

Then in calling Anne "superhuman" she cited Anne's ability to invite everyone to the bar after a twelve hour shooting day, down "a couple of doubles" and show up the next day fresh as a daisy on four hours sleep.

Anne was in her forties. Gee Emily was she just superwoman or did something else keep her buzzing on no sleep and too much booze? That's not a good anecdote.

I read her book too and a lot of the time it's hard to get hold of a real who, what when and where from the stories Heche tells, or what she means. She just starts extemporizing about stuff but you're not really sure what happened there. This is how her reference to her childhood abuse goes - it talks around it. Later of course she got explicit in interviews- too explicit. Anyway, I think there's room for doubt and since Emily knows nothing of the past and Anne's sister (with whom she was apparently on good terms) said she believed Anne BELIEVED it happened but it didn't, Emily might not want to say, "Her father raped her" in her little instagram tribute.

by Anonymousreply 35August 16, 2022 9:08 PM

[quote] Here’s a woman who had SOOO [bold]munch[/bold] going for her,

Don't even PRETEND this was auto-correct's fault.

by Anonymousreply 36August 16, 2022 9:13 PM

and pretty messed up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2022 2:19 AM

[quote]Then in calling Anne "superhuman" she cited Anne's ability to invite everyone to the bar after a twelve hour shooting day, down "a couple of doubles" and show up the next day fresh as a daisy on four hours sleep.

This reminds me of things I’ve read about Vivien Leigh, who exhibited a similar seemingly inexhaustible ability to work all day on set or onstage, party all night, and then do it again the next day. We know now that this behavior was a symptom of the serious mood disorder that blighted Vivien’s life.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2022 2:52 AM

I’m sick of her. She’s dead. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2022 2:55 AM

^ Olivia Newton John

by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2022 3:03 AM

R12 Anne looks a lot like Portia in that pic...

by Anonymousreply 41August 17, 2022 3:11 AM

Her car crashed deep into the house

by Anonymousreply 42August 17, 2022 3:20 AM

Not as deep as Ellen’s tongue crashed into her pussy

by Anonymousreply 43August 17, 2022 3:40 AM

It’s sad what happened to her . I’m still curious what actually happened

by Anonymousreply 44August 17, 2022 3:51 AM

R37 Looking at that crash scene, you have to wonder if Heche wasn't trying to kill herself. It looks like she floored the car and drove straight ahead.

by Anonymousreply 45August 17, 2022 11:11 AM

proabably some bad shit mixed in with her coke.

by Anonymousreply 46August 17, 2022 9:08 PM

Yep ☝🏼 Like fentanyl ! It’s an insidious murder weapon.

by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2022 10:38 PM

One of my first reactions to the report Heche had coke in her system was "Bitch, you are too old for party drugs." Sad.

Then I came to and remembered I know that a lot of 1980s stars are still up the nasal passages with the sugar. I have a random collection of celebrity and industry-adjacent acquaintance, and from them have learned that there are stars 50-70-upwards who never abandoned the nose candy. If a 1980s star who is still working is considered "eccentric", "hard to read", "quirky" - chances are they never abandoned the pills and powders of their heyday.

I guess we - or me - think of coke/pills as a club kid habit - burn the candles at both ends. But there are a lot of crones-in-training and grizzled show biz vets who never gave it up. Talented, too.

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2022 2:38 AM

My fat Boomer brother, 65 years old, still indulges his beloved Stoli, blow and weed.

by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2022 2:48 AM

It's LA and Hollywood. Coke is more abundant than fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2022 3:30 AM

She was at her worst, looks-wise, in her car, right before the crash. Very rough-looking.

For having 2 children, she was thin. She never became matronly.

In more recent photos, it looked like she had started to use too much Botox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2022 5:13 AM

She looks like any trashy middle-aged woman you'd see at Walmart in that photo, R51 - like she was rode hard and put away wet.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2022 5:35 AM

I never really thought she was a lesbian until that Mini Cooper photo.

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2022 5:44 AM

Xers are finding out that they're not college kids anymore. You can't party like a frat boy at 53 and get away with it. Sad, but the same thing happened to Boomers when they hit middle age. I remember seeing pathetic old Boomers at the bar trying to pass themselves as years younger then they were, drinking heavily, snorting rails etc...then they started dying off from "misadventure." Old boozers and junkies are 10 times more pathetic than younger ones.

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2022 6:12 AM

[R53] Anne looks like an average woman you would see in the markdown aisle at your local Walmart. With proper hair and makeup she could still be very attractive at age 53.

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2022 6:13 AM

I disagree, R55. Years of drinking and drugs took a toll on her looks. She looked old for her age and had the appearance of someone who partied too hard for too many years. Proper hair wouldn't fix that, neither would make-up. Sad, considering how pretty she once was.

by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2022 6:19 AM

R56, being too thin ages you as well as cocaine

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2022 6:33 AM

That photo of her in the wig shop, she looks beautiful. Incredible skin and naturally pretty without any makeup. It’s extra haunting considering how free and happy she looks in the image, now we know what it preceded. Did she have any inkling that day it would be her last (conscious)?

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2022 12:37 PM

I truly believe she copped some blow in Venice , which was cut with fentanyl. She probably took a bump or two in car and drove off. The fentanyl kicked in and caused her to feel out of sorts, perhaps even nauseous. Fentanyl is murder

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2022 3:21 PM

R59 You're probably right about that. I wonder, though, if she felt out of sorts of nauseous from the fentanyl, why didn't she just pull over? If I was feeling sick, I wouldn't start driving faster and try to get it up to 90 mph. I'm having a hard time figuring out why she floored it.

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2022 5:39 PM

What happened to the red wig? Does Celestia have it?

Was Anne He he buried or cremated (again)?

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2022 8:43 PM

Would Anne possibly be considered thrice baked? 1. Fatally Injured in a fiery car crash 2. Cremated after her death 3. In Hell today if she died unsaved She was raised in a Christian home so hopefully she believed in Christ as her Savior at a young age.

by Anonymousreply 62September 4, 2022 4:24 AM

Are we sure she wasn’t copping blow from the wig shop?

by Anonymousreply 63September 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Stop posting. She wasn’t impactful except to the objects she ran into with her car

by Anonymousreply 64September 5, 2022 8:05 PM

R63, I wondered that or she scored on boardwalk and walked into wig shop to avoid suspicion.

by Anonymousreply 65September 5, 2022 9:08 PM

I still believe that the coke was laced with fentanyl.

by Anonymousreply 66September 5, 2022 9:18 PM

Anne He he was pretty, but Padmi Lakshma is prettyer.

by Anonymousreply 67September 5, 2022 9:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!