Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Underrated Destinations To Consider In Place Of Popular Vacation Spots

If you're anything like me, deciding where to take your next international getaway is one of the most challenging decisions to make. There are so many incredible places to see. And while the big tourist cities — like Greece or Tokyo or Paris — are popular for a reason, perhaps you're looking for something more off-the-beaten path.

So I browsed the r/travel subreddit and gathered responses from the BuzzFeed Community in order to round up a bunch of lesser known (yet incredible) destinations to consider in place of trendier vacation spots.

1.Instead of Greece, go to ALBANIA: "It's Greece's less famous neighbor. It has beautiful beaches, tasty and quite cheap food, and lots of gems to explore. The only downside is that many people don't speak English."

2.Instead of Germany, go to POLAND: "Poland, particularly Poland beyond Krakow, was never on my radar before I moved to Germany and started traveling there all the time since it's right next door. And WOW, Poland has everything. Cool cities, great food, beautiful castles, stunning countryside, and a fascinating history. It really doesn't get the tourism it deserves, although I do like that the major sights aren't crowded with other tourists."

3.Instead of Tulum, go to BELIZE: "Besides for Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker, the rest of Belize is not super touristy. You'll find everything from the second largest barrier reef in the world to lush rainforests. It’s cheap, the people are very friendly, and it’s relatively safe."

4.Instead of Seoul, go to BUSAN: "Busan, South Korea is this bizarre juxtaposition of ancient and super modern, and everything is both chaotic and incredibly organized. I’m not sure how it functions but it does...and seemingly way better than other large cities. The scenery, the food, and the people were fantastic."

5."Instead of Andalusia, visit NORTHERN SPAIN: "Northern Spain is where you'll find incredible beauty that rivals anywhere else in Europe, but for a fraction of the cost. You could spend months exploring the Basque Country, Asturias, Cantabria, and Galicia alone. Driving around the Picos de Europa mountain range is a great experience. You can travel between rural mountain towns and quaint beach towns within an hour. Madrid, Barcelona, Andalusia, and other vacation towns in Spain get so much attention, but the north is really underrated."

6.Instead of Sicily, go to MALTA: "Not surprisingly it’s a bit more popular with Europeans, but Malta is practically unheard of among Americans. It's a fantastic place to visit: Cheap, stunningly beautiful, and pretty good weather year round. I was there last month and there were a fair number of tourists around the main sites in Valetta, but almost no one around once you went even slightly off the beaten path."

7.Instead of Thailand, go to SRI LANKA: "Sri Lanka is the pearl of the Indian ocean, ripe with natural beauty and history. It's home to friendly people and tasty (often spicy!) food, sandy beaches, palm trees, and lots of wild life."

8.Instead of Croatia, go to MONTENEGRO: "Montenegro is truly a hidden gem in the Balkans. Podgorica is a lovely city, and visiting the coast in and around Budva feels like stepping back in time."

9.Instead of Bali, go to BORNEO: "Borneo, and especially Kalimantan (the Indonesian portion of the island) is worth a trip. Lots of people visit Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Java, and Bali, but not as many people head to Borneo. Even those who visit Borneo mostly stay in Malaysia and very few venture into Kalimantan. There you'll find rainforest, orangutans, leopards, and beaches, and it's way less crowded than Bali."

10.Instead of Lake Como, go to LAKE GARDA: "I never hear Americans talking about this lesser-known Italian lake town, but its honestly one of the most beautiful places Ive ever been."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2022 8:56 PM

11.Instead of Cape Town, visit NAMIBIA: "Namibia is just above South Africa, yet it's the most isolated country in the world after Mongolia in terms of population. Ever see pictures of amazing giant sand dunes in the desert? That's Namibia. This country boasts the same great safari game parks and five star resorts you'd find in other popular African destinations. I visited Etosha National Park, which was one of my favorite travel experiences. And you will never see the stars burn as brightly as they look in the Namib desert."

12.Instead of Sydney, go to TASMANIA: "When people think of Australia they think of beaches and reefs. Tasmania has massive rain forests, beautiful scenic islands, and it's home to the bustling city of Hobart, one of the largest Antarctic ports."

13.Instead of the Caribbean, go to PUERTO RICO: "My wife and I went to Puerto Rico last year on our honeymoon. It was so easy to get there — it felt like cheating. Old San Juan was gorgeous and we also spent time on the islands to the east, Culebra and Vieques. I'd love to go back and spend more time on Culebra. It was very laid back and there was great snorkeling right off the beach."

14.Instead of Iceland, go to ALASKA: "I visited Alaska and stayed in a small town three hours from Anchorage, and I had the time of my life. It's completely untouched wilderness, and it was mind blowing. Moose would walk along the river bank while we fished and orcas swam next to our boat when we visited Kenai Fjords National Park."

15.Instead of Dubai, go to OMAN: "Oman isn't a party destination, but if you like the outdoors it's got everything you could want. There's hiking, camping, dune bashing, miles and miles of untouched coastline, and even rainforest. This country is a hidden oasis. It's still an under the radar destination, the people are some of the nicest I've ever encountered, and it's completely safe."

16.Instead of Costa Rica, go to ECUADOR: "If you are an outdoorsy person, you'll find heaven in Baños, Ecuador. There is easy access to biking, whitewater rafting, bridge jumping, canyoning, zip lining, amazing waterfalls and viewpoints. And there's even pretty good nightlife. I would also recommend Mindo, located in Ecuador's cloud forest. Ecuador is on the US dollar and everything is extremely cheap."

17.Instead of the Bahamas, visit the US VIRGIN ISLANDS: "St John USVI is the best place I've ever visited. It's not cheap and I wouldn't call it "overlooked," but most of the island is national forest so only a quarter of the land is developed. There were multiple days where my wife and I would look around and it would only be us or a few other couples on a large stretch of beautiful beach."

18.Instead of Japan, go to TAIWAN: "Taiwan is a really nice place to travel. The people are lovely and hospitable. It's cheap to travel within the country, and it's very modern and safe. You get the best of all worlds: City life and nightclubs but also beautiful mountains and scenery. And the food is a delicious blend of the best of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cuisine."

19.Instead of Israel, go to LEBANON: "Go to Lebanon for the amazing food, nice people, the nightlife, and beautiful scenery throughout the country. Also the food! I've been to Israel, which was amazing in itself, but I enjoyed Lebanon even more."

20.Instead of Tuscany, go to BOLOGNA: "Bologna, Italy. IMO, it's arguably the best food city in the best food country in the world. I will never forget the tortellini al brodo, tagliatelle al ragù, and panna cotta I ate there. I also loved walking up to the Madonna di San Luca and seeing the amazing view from the top."

21.Instead of Lisbon, go to ALENTEJO: "If you're looking for a quiet Portuguese getaway, Alentejo is for you. You can visit Roman ruins, old churches, and see Moorish architecture in southern Portugal. There's also a ton of natural beauty from lakes to rolling hills and big, open farms. The region makes great local wine and the food is delicious too. You can easily combine a trip to Alentejo with a visit to Spain or the Algarve."

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 8:32 AM

23.Instead of Vietnam, go to LAOS: "Laos is one of my favorite countries. I loved traveling along the Mekong River by cargo boat. The ancient capital of Luang Prabang and the city of Vientiane are great places to visit. The food is phenomenal and the whole country is relatively unspoiled by tourism."

24.Instead of Paris, go to BORDEAUX: "Bordeaux, France is really fantastic. The food, weather, and wine are amazing; plus, it's a much cheaper and friendlier alternative to Paris. In fact, all the 'second cities' of France have pleasantly surprised me."

25.Instead of Tokyo, go to HOKKAIDO: "My husband and I went to the city of Sapporo, located on Japan's northern island of Hokkaido. It was spectacular. When most people think about traveling to Japan, Tokyo is the number one destination. Sapporo, however, is much less touristy. The mountains around the city are incredibly beautiful, and the food is to die for. A scenic hour-long bus ride takes you to the old city of Otaru, best known for its glass blowing industry and beautiful canals. The subway system is amazing and the people are friendly and helpful. Ive visited a few places in my travels, but Sapporo stands out as the best so far."

26.Instead of Honolulu, visit HILO: "Many travelers overlook this whole island, but the lush and green Hilo side of the Big Island of Hawaii is especially incredible. The highway from Waipi’o Valley down to Hilo extends over valleys and cliffs. There are waterfalls and dramatic ocean views, and we were constantly pulling over wanting to take photos."

27.Instead of Dubrovnik, go to ISTRIA: "Istria, the Croatian peninsula closest to Italy in the Northern Adriatic Sea never seems to get as much love as parts of southern Croatia (Zagreb, Dubrovnik, Split, etc.), but it seriously deserves it."

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 8:34 AM

[quote] Bordeaux, France is really fantastic. The food, weather, and wine are amazing; plus, it's a much cheaper and friendlier alternative to Paris. In fact, all the 'second cities' of France have pleasantly surprised me.

I was on a train that passed by Bordeaux, and it looked like a quaint French town.

It was exactly what I imagined the French countryside to look like.

If only I could have stopped there, but I was headed to Paris, which was beautiful but not as nice as Bordeaux looked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 8:37 AM

I've always wanted to walk along a beach like this in Namibia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 8:39 AM

[quote] go to ALBANIA: "It's Greece's less famous neighbor. It has beautiful beaches, tasty and quite cheap food, and lots of gems to explore. The only downside is that many people don't speak English."

This is a great idea. Albania looks beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 8:41 AM

Instead of going to Hell, consider visiting Datalounge . com!

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 8:42 AM

[quote] Instead of Israel, go to LEBANON

Whoever wrote that was most certainly NOT gay.

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2022 8:52 AM

Not only that R7, but isn't Lebanon an active war zone?

If I'm not mistaken, there's a civil war going on in that country.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2022 8:54 AM

Instead of New York, go to DARFUR!

Instead of being surrounded by embittered pseudo-sophisticated gays living in cramped catboxes, experience the soul-liberating sensation of limitless brown sand and burnt out munitions. Gain a new appreciation of a life without stuff! Marie Kondo would love it! Pat a orphan on the head and make their day! Watch a lingering sunset as you tuck in to a tasty supper of UN rations while cute wee and shrivelled brown hands clutch your legs for an imperialist crumb. Now you're REALLY living!

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2022 9:45 AM

I have spent a lot of time in Lake Garda and can say without reservation that it is infinitely better than Lake Como. Yes, there are a lot of tourists, but the villages are stunning.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2022 10:10 AM

Instead of anywhere else, go to Nicobar and the Andaman Islands. The natives come out in canoes to welcome you. It will be the trip of a lifetime!

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2022 1:39 PM

Thanks R2, but I think I'll go to Japan instead of Taiwan right now. In fact, I might avoid both of them for a little while. Thanks Nancy.

At least you didn't tell us to go to Ukraine.

People who think Tasmania is a hot substitute for Sydney are likely to be disappointed. It is a beautiful island with many nice things to see and do, some terrific modern adaptations of old buildings incorporating heritage architectural features, and a lot of unspoilt wilderness. As an Aussie I like it a lot for short trips out of Sydney. But Sydney's population is 5,260,000, which is 5 million more than Hobart's: so much for "bustling". Also, Hobart and points south are totally open to any breeze blowing up off Antarctica, so if you thought you'd escape the northern winter with a trip to Australia, Tasmania just might disappoint. There is some beautiful coastline in Tasmania but you won't see any ads for its alluring beaches.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2022 3:04 PM

[quote]13.Instead of the Caribbean, go to PUERTO RICO: "

Umm ... isn't Puerto Rico IN the Caribbean?

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2022 3:13 PM

Yes to Tasmania (I've never had better or more sex than in Hobart. Also a gorgeous mountain, fantastic weird art scene (MONA), some of the best restaurants anywhere, and lovely people. Yes to Namibia, as well: It's also one of the safest places to travel in Africa. Montenegro and Malta are a bit overrated here -- I'd say Slovenia and Corsica instead of Croatia and Sicily.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2022 3:37 PM

R14 can you mention more about Malta?

I've always wanted to go there, but not sure what I'd find. Or even what to do.

Isn't it a former British possession? Do many people there speak English?

Is there a lot to do? How is the food and how are the people?

Is it expensive?

Also, have you been to Cyprus? Which is better, Malta or Cyprus?

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2022 4:01 PM

I am intimidated by France because I don't speak a word of French and I hear they are mean and hateful to those who do not speak it.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2022 4:55 PM

Speaking of Italy's Lake Garda....

[quote] 'The water wasn't there': Shrinking of Italy's Lake Garda shocks tourists

Tourists flocking to Italy's largest lake ahead of the country's long summer weekend have found a vastly different landscape than in past years.

Lake Garda in northern Italy has shrunk to nearly its lowest level ever recorded, revealing swathes of underwater rocks and warming the water to temperatures seen in the Caribbean.

“We came last year, we liked it, and we came back this year,” said tourist Beatrice Masi, as she sat on the sun-bleached rock, which now extended far beyond the normal shoreline.

“We found the landscape had changed a lot," she continued. "We were a bit shocked when we arrived because we had our usual walk around, and the water wasn’t there.”

Northern Italy is currently experiencing a historic drought linked to climate change, with a near absence of rainfall and snowmelt, besides soaring temperatures.

Vital rivers like the Po, running through Italy's agricultural and industrial heartland, have all but dried up in the extreme conditions, significantly denting food production.

Italy is not alone in Europe, which experts warn is suffering its worst drought in 500 years.

Many European countries, including Spain, Germany, Portugal, France, the Netherlands and the UK, are enduring unprecedented droughts this summer, hurting farmers and prompting authorities to adopt emergency measures.

The drought is predicted to worsen in Europe, potentially reaching 47% of the continent.

Parched conditions in the Po, Italy's longest river, has already caused billions of euros in losses to farmers in the region, which produces 40% of Italy's food.

Authorities have tried to compensate for the lack of rain by allowing more water from Lake Garda to flow into local rivers. However, last month they reduced the amount to protect the lake and the financially important tourism tied to it.

With 45 cubic meters of water per second being diverted to rivers, the lake on Friday was 32 centimetres above the water table, near the record lows in 2003 and 2007.

Garda Mayor Davide Bedinelli said he had to protect both farmers and the tourist industry, insisting that the summer tourist season was going better than expected.

Tourists, especially those from Germany, cancelled their trips to Italy in late July, during the country's latest heatwave.

“Drought is a fact that we have to deal with this year, but the tourist season is in no danger,” Bendinelli wrote in a 20 July Facebook post.

The lake was losing two centimetres of water a day, he confirmed.

Temperatures in Lake Garda are above average for August, according to seatemperature.org.

On Friday, the lake's waters were nearly 26°C around the same temperature as the Caribbean Sea's average of 27°C.

This is several degrees above average.

For Mario Treccani, who rents out beach chairs and umbrellas by the lake, the historically-low water levels are hitting his business, as fewer people are needing his chairs since there are now plenty of rocks on which to sunbathe.

“The lake is usually a metre or more than a metre higher,” he said, pointing to a small wall that usually blocks the water from the beach chairs

“It is a bit sad," he said. "Before, you could hear the noise of the waves breaking up here. Now, you don’t hear anything.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2022 8:17 PM

Sri Lanka is a mess right now--broken economy and government. Albania has outbreaks of infectious disease that you won't find elsewhere in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2022 8:21 PM

Gross, R18.

What kind of infectious diseases in Albania?

Does that mean Greece has them too?

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2022 8:25 PM

Sri Lanka has always been a mess, R18.

Continuous Civil War for decades.

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 8:03 AM

Bad time to go to Europe right now.

Massive heat waves and record drought.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 4:59 PM

Instead of Moorea, go to BALI HA'I.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 10:51 PM

You really can't beat Winnemucca.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 10:54 PM

R19: You might try Google

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 10:57 PM

R23, I have stayed one night at the Shady Court. Other than the clunky cooling system, it was awesome and it had a retro look and feel, like going through the America of 50 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 11:05 PM

R13, yes. I was going to point that out myself.

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2022 11:10 PM

R15, Malta is worth a visit. Interesting historical sites, exceptional seafood, everyone speaks English and it’s all pretty affordable, Don’t bother with neighbor island Gozo.

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2022 11:12 PM

I'm wary of a lot of these 'instead of X, consider Y' lists. If you have not seen Paris or London, Rome, Florence, Venice, Barcelona, the Greek Islands, Munich, Berlin, Bruges, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Prague, Budapest... there really are not places that are equally beautiful and rich in history and architecture and geography.

In a few cases you can make a substitution that's reasonably equal. If you're going to Portugal in peak season, substituting smaller and less popular with tourists Oporto for Lisbon can offer a different but comparably good experience. OP's guide suggests substituting Alentejo for Lisbon; I would say that if you loved Lisbon, make a later trip to Alentejo, but it's a different experience: a rural area that comprises 30% of all Portugal, better suited for jumping around town to town by car and not a similar experience at all. If you hate cities and like to see landscapes and small towns and villages, Alentejo is great, but it's not at all a equal exchange.

But substituting Albanian beaches for the Greek Islands is ridiculous; not that Albania isn't worth visiting, but supposing that they represent interchangeable and equal experiences is silly. It does make sense to suggest hundreds of Greek islands other than Mykonos and Santorini which are absolutely so thick with tourists and overpriced hotels and restaurants that a much better, more genuine experience can be had at other islands, hundreds of them.

Northern Spain is a spectacular place, but you'll need to spend some time researching an itinerary because it's a region of a few small cities and small towns rich in history and varied culinary offerings. It's too big to drive around without a plan, and you have to know what's there before you can make a good plan. Madrid and Barcelona, on the other hand, you just go and then there are endless choices of places to see and tings to do all within walking distance. Andalusia has been popular for foreign travelers since the 18th Century because it is often seen as a distillation of all the things that make Spain unique; it's the most Spanish of Spanish regions. It's the architecture and history of this region that makes the biggest impression and had the greatest reach historically. There are great things in Galicia, Asturias, the Basque Country, and the North, but on whole they don't match the astounding things of Andalucia, the whole of which is hardly overrun with tourists.

Malta is a poor suggested substitute for Sicily. Malta has one impressive cathedral and three in total; Sicily has 17. Sicily has more ports, better surviving architecture, and less a transient and population and far fewer international students. Sicily has enormous variety in everything, tiny Malta has sameness; once you've seen a small part of a small country, you've seen what's worth seeing; Sicily is many trips without beginning to see evena good sample of the range of what's there.

Instead of Cape Town, see Namibia? Both are spectacular landscapes but they only common is that they are found in the African continent. Why not suggest that instead of the Great Pyramids in Egypt, go snorkeling at Bazaruto Park in Mozambique!

by Anonymousreply 28August 15, 2022 12:03 AM

Great counter argument, R28!

by Anonymousreply 29August 15, 2022 12:56 AM

Instead of Capri, go to Procida or Ischia (really)

by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2022 1:01 AM

Instead of New York, go to Toronto?

by Anonymousreply 31August 15, 2022 2:17 AM

Instead of Las Vegas, just STAY HOME.

by Anonymousreply 32August 15, 2022 5:15 AM

Idiots go to popular places during high season.

If you want to go to Paris or Rome or London don't fucking go in summer when it's wall to wall tourists!

by Anonymousreply 33August 15, 2022 6:43 AM

I would rather vacation between my sweet guy's butt cheeks. Could tongue so many destinations for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 34August 15, 2022 6:46 AM

R16, go to Paris. I thought the same as you, I had heard the same things and I was nervous about going.

Now I'm working my ass off so I can go back. Never encountered a single rude person while there. I never felt unsafe, either. You have to go!

by Anonymousreply 35August 15, 2022 6:55 AM

Speaking French is no longer really a requirement any more, when traveling in France.

Many French speak English nowdays, and they're not as nasty as they used to be.

That said, it's a lot more FUN when you can understand and speak a little bit of French.

It'll make your experience there, so much more enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 36August 15, 2022 7:13 AM

Re: Albania

It’s a gorgeous country and the people are nice, but there’s trash everywhere and most restaurants are disgusting (they seem to be owned by mobsters looking to cheat people).

by Anonymousreply 37August 15, 2022 7:19 AM

Disagree with Albania over Greece, especially for beaches. Albania’s beaches have not benefited from poor development. Greece has thousands of fabulous beaches on both the mainland and islands - it’s simple to find a great spot well away from the Eurotrash. There are parts of Albania worth seeing, like Berat, but overall it’s fairly underwhelming. Tirana is comparatively expensive and there’s really nothing to see there.

by Anonymousreply 38August 15, 2022 7:29 AM

Taiwan is great, but it's no Japan.

by Anonymousreply 39August 15, 2022 8:20 AM

Good observations R28

I don’t get comparing cities like Cape Town, Sydney, and Tokyo to entire countries, states or prefectures like Namibia Tasmania and Hokkaido. It’s apples and oranges. They’re not considering cost either. Namibia is incredible, but it’s also at the highest price point of regular tourist destinations in Sub-Saharan Africa. It’s like travelling to Japan or Iceland with few bargain options.

Many of these places in the article I’ve visited and have been to over ninety-something countries between work and holidays. If you don’t travel much and this is going to be a trip of a lifetime,, I’m not really sure you really want to pass on the bucket list places to go to a second or third tier options. There’s a good reason places like Barcelona are popular, It’s wiser to research when best to go to them when they’re not as overrun, or how to visit in a smart way. It can make the difference between a hellish and magical time. For instance if you’re somewhere like Dubrovnik or Venice, check the cruise schedules to avoid the hordes when they’re in port., I also make good use of skip the line or private/VIP tours when visiting major sites and museums. They’re worth their weight in gold and make the best use of your time and I learn more. When you’re whisked past endless queues, you won’t regret it. You can spend those hours you would have been waiting in queues instead being spontaneous the rest of the day. I’m a firm believer in a blend of high structure and loose free time to make the most of travel. You have to have a plan but also be willing to ditch it if an unexpected opportunity comes up instead.

Bon voyage

by Anonymousreply 40August 15, 2022 8:51 AM

I stayed in Kalimantan and brought back some great Dayak carvings. Also, stayed in Bali but not near the beaches. Had a villa up in the mountains near Ubud, maybe a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from the more touristy beach areas. Beautiful and cooler than down near Jimbaran and the other beaches. Jakarta was filthy from pollution and miserably hot.

by Anonymousreply 41October 17, 2022 4:57 PM

OP, instead of sharing travel advice, go take a basic geography class to understand the difference between a City and a Country

And while the big tourist cities — like Greece (COUNTRY) or Tokyo (CITY) or Paris (CITY) — are popular for a reason

by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2022 5:13 PM

Laos might been considered "unspoiled" 25 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2022 8:17 PM

Instead of Monte Carlo, go to Atlantic City.

by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2022 8:26 PM

Instead of Palm Beach, go to Port-au-Prince.

by Anonymousreply 45October 18, 2022 8:30 PM

instead of these glamorous cosmopolitan jewels, lets go 2 these tattered, homophobic squat houses where u get robbed, killed, raped, and murder

by Anonymousreply 46October 18, 2022 8:36 PM

Instead of Bregenzer Festspiele on Lake Constance, go to the Dinner Theatre at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake George.

by Anonymousreply 47October 18, 2022 8:42 PM

Instead of Zermatt, go to Gatlinburg.

by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2022 8:44 PM

Hoboken, New Jersey

by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2022 8:46 PM

Why go to the park and fly a kite when you can just stay home and pop a pill!

by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2022 8:47 PM

Some women lunch at The Plaza, ski in St. Moritz, and buy expensive furs every year. Some women have an afternoon at WalMart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2022 8:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!