Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin to Leave the Network

What a happy ending you your career at CNN, Jeff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2022 5:52 AM

Yeah, he didn’t “decide to leave,” he was fired by the new owners. There will be more of these in the upcoming days.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 12:27 AM

It was weird to have him come back.

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 2:36 AM

It was strange that he was brought back as their legal expert after masturbating on a Zoom meeting. Strange guy, odd sexual behaviors.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 2:52 AM

So his wank wasn’t an accident? I didn’t follow the story.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 3:17 AM

Another Portnoy’s Complaint.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 3:25 AM

I’ve grown to dislike him over the years. He’s become a little too right leaning for my taste. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 3:30 AM

Is he going to splooge on air before he goes?

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2022 3:33 AM

They have been featuring other lawyers more for the past couple of weeks. Abbie Phillips, Laura Coates (who is totally brilliant) and the Jewish guy, Elie Honig,. On a couple of occasions Toobin was part of a panel with a couple of them, and he seemed like a spectator.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2022 3:38 AM

Everybody jacks off, you shouldn't be punished for it.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2022 3:52 AM

I liked him more after Wankgate.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2022 4:02 AM

Cum on CBN. Really?

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2022 4:33 AM

Love Laura Coates too R8, I once saw her do an immediate smackdown on Dershowitz that left him speechless (citing statutes to back her up.)

There are a lot of lawyers; for the life of me, I never understood why they brought him back. Particularly in the era of Trump, a lot of good legal pundits have emerged, he isn't necessary.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2022 3:47 PM

R2, agree 100%. Would love to know why that happened.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2022 3:50 PM

I figure Dershowitz has dirt on some news execs and used that leverage to muscle his way onto CNN and Fox.

He should have been cancelled after it came to light he was part of Jeffrey Epstein's child sex trafficking ring.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2022 3:53 PM

[quote] He’s become a little too right leaning for my taste. Good riddance.

Yes, we should never listen to something that we disagree with.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2022 3:57 PM

Ellie Honig is GORGEOUS.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2022 3:57 PM

Ellie Honig is ugly/handsome.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2022 4:01 PM

Laura Coates is one of my favorites too. She seems to be getting better and better too. I also can't believe they let Toobin come back after that Zoom fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2022 4:02 PM

I really liked Toobin's OJ book, but it's hard to take him seriously after the Zoom jerk-off fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2022 4:11 PM

Yes, everyone jerks off, but once you knew he was doing it on a Zoom call, your perception of him changed.

I bet that's why Toobin is leaving. CNN has given him the option of leaving, before they pushed him.

CNN's audience cannot get past his proclivities.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2022 4:15 PM

[quote]Is he going to splooge on air before he goes?

He's saving that for his OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2022 4:56 PM

[quote] Everybody jacks off, you shouldn't be punished for it.

It's true. In my faculty meeting on Thursday, three people were masturbating at different times. The school even provided boxes of wet wipes on the tables, for sanitary purposes.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2022 5:01 PM

He just couldn't get a fair shake.

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2022 5:05 PM

Laura Coates has been filling in for Anderson and Don off and on. She does a great job and they should be worried.

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2022 5:52 PM

I think the 9 PM slot is going to be hers. Laura Coates will own it. Anderson is happy with one hour each night at 8 PM, and both of them do the special patterns.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2022 6:04 PM

This always makes me laugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2022 6:30 PM

His OJ book was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2022 6:32 PM

From OJ to JO!

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2022 12:50 AM

He is a Democrat and a liberal and a Hillary fan. I wil always like Toobin even though he was stupid to play with himself like that. I enjoyed his books too.

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2022 12:58 AM

fact of the matter is Toobin is boring and has no real social currency.

There are far more scandalous people, many caught with their pants down or skirts up, and in far more compromising positions, but they've retained social currency to pull them through each and every scandal...

he reached the ceiling of his career years ago.

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2022 1:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2022 1:03 AM

[quote] Toobin to Leave the Network

While Don Lemon and Brian Stelter still draw a paycheck. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2022 1:08 AM

He decided to beat it.

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2022 1:09 AM

R28 wins!

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2022 1:14 AM

R32, I think they'll be leaving, too. They're just spacing out the departures.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2022 1:19 AM

A lot of DL’ers resemble mr Toobin

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2022 1:40 AM

I won't cry if they dump Lemon. IMO he is not very bright and he gets maudlin. Stelter is useless. He should go. But IMO one of the dumps should be Fareed Zacaria. Who watches him? I prefer Christiane Amanpour for international shit. I had Jim Acosta on this afternoon while I was cooking and he is so damned hot, I hope they give him more to do.

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2022 2:53 AM

R3 its CNN; the embodiment of liberal elitism. Are you really that surprised? Fingers in the ears, nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2022 5:36 AM

[quote]There are far more scandalous people, many caught with their pants down or skirts up, and in far more compromising positions

That's actually 100% false. No one has been caught with their pants off and jerking off for the entire staff to see. NO ONE

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2022 8:01 AM

I wonder how he's was caught jerkin the chicken and chocking it till the goods came out. Did the goods come out DL?

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2022 8:38 AM

R40 I don't think any video leaked lucky for him.

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2022 8:39 AM

[quote] There are far more scandalous people, many caught with their pants down or skirts up, and in far more compromising positions, but they've retained social currency to pull them through each and every scandal...

Okay, I agree that Richard Quest was more scandalous in his way.

Who else?

by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2022 9:06 AM

Jeffrey Toobin Cums

Jeffrey Toobin Goes

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2022 12:05 PM

I always found him to be sexy and hot and I'm sorry the Zoom clip didn't leak.

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2022 12:30 PM

OK. I knew when they hired Chris Wallace someone was going to have to go. I worried it might be Anderson. As long as they don't mess with Anderson I'm good. I'm sorry Toobin is leaving because I likedhim. He was snarky and human and I enjoyed him. Yes you have some very brilliant young lawyers on board now, but none possess the personality that Toobin brought. He added another dimension. I don't much care for Chris Wallace. Maybe they think Wallace will help them get past Cuomo. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2022 3:21 PM

Love Jim Acosta! Why can't they give him a nightly hour?

Or do you think he's more effective roving on the street?

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2022 3:32 PM

R45 they hired Chris Wallace? Yuck I hate that guy and I despised his father Mike Wallace. The Apple didn't fall far from the tree.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2022 6:23 PM

His nickname after his dick pumping incident was Jeffrey Lubein. The gays at CNN were snickering at him behind his back....

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2022 6:27 PM

Jim Acosta may be in trouble. The guy who recently took the reins at CNN wants their coverage to be less slanted, and Acosta made a name for himself by picking fights with the Trump administration.

by Anonymousreply 49August 14, 2022 6:30 PM

Aw c'mon. What a big deal they are making of a little tiddling! Everyone has forgotten!

by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2022 6:48 PM

I watch Acosta whenever I can on Saturdays early evening. I really enjoy his show. He is one of my comfort people! They better not mess with him. My CNN People are Jim Sciutto, John Berman, Jim Acosta, Victor Blackwell, and John King. Gloria Borger, Dana Bash, and Brianna Taylor too. I cannot stand Erin Burnett. Her voice is SO annoying. So is Caitlyn Collins. Caitlyn is a good reporter, but she needs coaching. Abbie Phillips and Laura Coates, the two lawyers are brilliant. They have Andrew McCabe on so miuch they oiught to make him full tyime but he is good as their analyst. Don't laugh at me but Wolf Blitzer is a comfort. There is something endearing about him. Boris Sanchez is lovely. Great eye candy and he does a good job as a weekend anchor. They can dump Van Jones immediately. I can't stand him. I will say that for the most part, the correspondents who go out there and get the stories are very good at their jobs. It also helps that they have been around for a while because establishing relationships with sources is important. Manu Raju is excellent with Congress for example. Now if they want to dump a high priced news personality, they can get rid of Jake Tapper tomorrow and will not shed a tear. I find him very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2022 6:49 PM

OMG, I said Brianna Taylor the young nunrse who was killed by police, when I meant to say Brianna Keilar, who co-anchors. I'm really sorry.

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2022 6:51 PM

R46 he has a weekend block on CNN for years

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2022 6:57 PM

Abby Phillip isn’t a lawyer. But she went to Harvard. She’s quite smart.

by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2022 7:13 PM

Did he climax on cam?!

by Anonymousreply 55August 14, 2022 7:19 PM

That’s hilarious, r26.

by Anonymousreply 56August 14, 2022 7:22 PM

He took it out.

by Anonymousreply 57August 14, 2022 9:40 PM

I never watched CNN again after they fired Kathy Griffen.

by Anonymousreply 58August 14, 2022 10:19 PM

[quote]I had Jim Acosta on this afternoon while I was cooking and he is so damned hot, I hope they give him more to do.

Yeah, Acosta is a handsome man but he's so dour. Grim.

Like it or not, if you're hosting one of those shows you have to have a bit of an entertainer in you....and Acosta just doesn't.

When he filled in for Chris Cuomo the ratings were the lowest that show ever had.

by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2022 10:35 PM

[quote] I never watched CNN again after they fired Kathy Griffen.

Which has probably left you better informed about the news. There was a time that would not have been so.

by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2022 11:23 PM

R58 you stopped watching a 24 hr cable news channel because they are no longer airing a 1 night a year New Years Eve hosting gig between her and AC?? That’s ridiculous! You are really fucked!

by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2022 11:47 PM

good riddance. He had his time anyway. No one should stay on news forever

I love Laura Coates but I do get annoyed that she dumbs it down a bit when she's guest hosting. She's at her best as an analyst. Elie Honig is great too

by Anonymousreply 62August 15, 2022 2:45 AM

It was impossible to watch him without thinking of his masturbartory presentation.

by Anonymousreply 63August 15, 2022 2:59 AM

Does YouTube have the video of him wanking?

by Anonymousreply 64August 15, 2022 4:57 AM

no, it was a private zoom call

by Anonymousreply 65August 15, 2022 5:01 AM

Jake Tapper is the worst. He’s the guy in high school who thought he was cool, but was really just a fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 66August 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Jim Acosta’s interview w/ Yang was a master class. Tapper could never execute that.

by Anonymousreply 67August 15, 2022 7:36 AM

JO on a business Zoom call is gross - even if it was during a break. Would you take your laptop into the bathroom when you have to use the toilet?

I think what PeeWee Herman and George Michael did was not as bad. At least they were in places where JO and cruising was expected.

by Anonymousreply 68August 15, 2022 8:04 AM

Toobin fathered a child with a woman and fought like hell to deny it and avoid child support (he's married.)

He's a sleezeball.

by Anonymousreply 69August 15, 2022 8:07 AM

[quote] He's a sleezeball.

Perfect fit for modern CNN

by Anonymousreply 70August 15, 2022 8:51 AM

Wolff Blitzer of all people was the first one on any network who I ever heard come right out and call Trump’s lies LIES. This was back in early 2020.

by Anonymousreply 71August 15, 2022 9:33 AM

A tainted Toobin!

by Anonymousreply 72August 15, 2022 10:07 AM

Jake Tapper is going to cry about the Afghanistan withdrawal today. His $$$ pit was taken away from him. We will never hear the end of it !!!

by Anonymousreply 73August 15, 2022 2:27 PM

Purple on men is always terrible.

by Anonymousreply 74August 15, 2022 2:47 PM

I have a couple observations: I'm very impressed with Laura Coates. But she needs to change her hair style. She should NEVER wear a center part. Jake Tapper has become terrible. He is snarky. Yes, R73 is totally right. Jake loves the military, shills for them all the time.

In general I don't subscribe to the notion that the news mmust entertain and that everything shoud be framed as controversy. The lack of substantive reporting on the Biden Administration's wins and all this legislation has been embarrassing. Why don't they discuss what the legislation will do, how it will impact our lives? Instead they repeat the content of news releases from the GOP. Talking points manufactured in McConnell andMcCarthy's offices.

All this chasing Trump has totally overshadowed Biden's efforts. Now, the Republicans will unveil their negative Afghanistan report, hoping to get mileage out of it, and since members of Congress and other plugged in Democrats have known they would release it now, The Dems should not be unprepared. But they will probably be scrambling again because their strategic messaging stinks.

by Anonymousreply 75August 15, 2022 3:44 PM

Apparently Jake Tapper went batshit crazy today.

by Anonymousreply 76August 15, 2022 9:52 PM

What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 77August 15, 2022 9:58 PM

R76. Why do you say something like this and then run away?????WHY???

by Anonymousreply 78August 15, 2022 10:36 PM

Jeffrey will probably end up over at the new "News Nation" network. Chris Coumo has a new show over there, so I wouldn't be surprised if Jeffrey ended up over there too. I'm sure he has lots of friends in media who'll help him find a new on camera gig.

by Anonymousreply 79August 16, 2022 12:21 AM

R76 How?

by Anonymousreply 80August 16, 2022 1:06 AM

R79, it wouldn't surprise me. Toobin seemed like he was in a good mood last few times I saw him on CNN. Mauybe he already knows where he is going, but they wanted to wait to announce it? Tell you whut. I'd much rather watch Toobin on CNN than the insufferable Michael Smerconish. Ugh. He comes on in the morning on the weekend. So I trot over to MSNBC and watch Ali Velshi if I'm up. I really like him.

by Anonymousreply 81August 16, 2022 5:01 AM

Who else is old enough to remember watching his mother, Marlene Sanders, on ABC News? And Nancy Dickerson, mother of CBS’s John Dickerson, on CBS News?

by Anonymousreply 82August 16, 2022 5:27 AM

R81 I cannot stand smerconish. Everything is right wing with him. He always thinks the right is RIGHT, but they're not.

Jeffrey probably has something else lined up. I'm not really crazy about "News Nation" though. They don't just report the news like how they advertised. They're biased too, and people call them out on it all the time in the comments on YouTube and Twitter etc. Its just a bunch of cable news hacks over there from other cable news outlets. And I cannot stand Dan Abrams. He's very right wing. I'm already turned off from "NN."

I'll stick with PBS news.

by Anonymousreply 83August 16, 2022 5:30 AM

[quote]Toobin seemed like he was in a good mood last few times I saw him on CNN.

He was jerking off under the desk.

by Anonymousreply 84August 16, 2022 5:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!