Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Andrew to Keep Security amid Prince Harry's Lawsuit for U.K. Police Protection

Prince Andrew will keep his taxpayer-funded security as Prince Harry continues his legal battle for U.K. police protection for his family, according to reports.

The Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (RAVEC) determined that Andrew is still entitled to public-funded bodyguards despite stepping back from royal duties, The Telegraph reports.

The cost of his personal security detail is estimated to cost between $600,000 and $3.6 million annually, according to the outlet.

Andrew has not participated in any royal event — apart from accompanying his mother to a thanksgiving service for his late father Prince Philip in March — since his association with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein came to light.

In February, Andrew lost the remaining public accouterments of royal life after settling his lawsuit with his sexual abuse accuser Virginia Guiffre. Andrew has denied the claims she made against him.

Several years ago, Andrew's daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie stopped receiving royal security protection, according to The Telegraph.

The RAVEC decision comes as Harry, 37, continues his legal battle to receive U.K. police protection for his family with two ongoing lawsuits.

In July, Harry won the right to challenge the status of the U.K. security arrangements put in place following his decision to step back from frontline royal duties.

The ruling follows a February 2020 decision by the RAVEC to remove Harry's automatic right to U.K. police security after his bombshell January 2020 announcement.

Judge Jonathan Swift granted the Duke of Sussex "permission to apply for judicial review" over the RAVEC decision in legal papers obtained by PEOPLE.

The decision means that the legal action will now proceed to a full hearing at the High Court in London between Harry and the U.K. government — an unprecedented situation in modern times.

On July 7, the High Court heard that Harry and wife Meghan Markle's security has been dealt with on a "flexible, case-by-case" basis since they made their decision to step back.

Harry's legal team has previously stated that Harry "does not feel safe" bringing children Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, to the U.K. under this arrangement because his U.S. security team does not have jurisdiction in the U.K. or access to U.K. government intelligence.

Earlier this month, Harry filed a second lawsuit looking at the decision that people are not allowed to privately fund their own security, an offer which the Duke of Sussex allegedly made and was refused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 30, 2022 10:23 AM

He shouldn’t have it, either.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 12:04 AM

And? Andrew is merely a rapist. Harry married…one of them!

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 12:04 AM

Given some of the revelations about Harry and Meghan mixing in with an american billionaire and Trump supporter who currently facing serious charges akin to treason.Tom Barrack was it? There is no way Harry or his team are getting access to UK intelligence information.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 12:06 AM

And if Harry doesn’t feel safe in England, he shouldn’t go there. I wouldn’t feel safe in Russia or Iraq or South Africa, so I don’t go there. Pretty simple.

He hates his racist family, anyway. Why would he want to go there? He can keep going to Texas and Wyoming, where everyone has a gun. MUCH safer.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 12:06 AM

R3, or their connections to Russian oligarchs.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 12:08 AM

William must be apoplectic with rage at all the latest York developments: purchasing an expensive home, having expensive security while not working as a royal...

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2022 12:11 AM

r5 Indeed they have kept some very dodgy and sinister company. I dont know how anyone can think of them as being woke , progressive or left wing.They are quite clearly greedy elitists masquerading badly as virtuous.

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2022 12:12 AM

Does Andrew actually go anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2022 12:13 AM

They should throw Andrew to the wolves. And they will in another year or two once his mother dies.

He should not have security. He doesn't do anything.

People has a cozy relationship with Mr. and Mrs. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor of Montecito, California, USA.

They are second fiddles who do not deserve taxpayer-funded security or the right to their own if it circumvents UK law.

Stay in California!

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2022 12:13 AM

Prince Andrew is a national security risk. He's not being protected, he's being babysat.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2022 12:14 AM

What will happen to Randy Andy when Mommy is no longer around?

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2022 12:16 AM

R10, that’s an interesting perspective. I like it.

By the same token, Harry needs babysitting, too. When his grandfather died, they had a hell of a time notifying him. Local police had to drive up to the Olive Garden Mansion to tell that idiot to answer his phone.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2022 12:18 AM

Maybe the people who Epsteined Epstein might Epstein Andrew.

He’s the Fredo.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2022 12:18 AM

Randy Andy gave me candy.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2022 12:22 AM

Harry deserves security protection, too.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2022 4:24 PM

$3,600,000 a year for security??!!!

Damn.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2022 8:28 PM

I wonder how much responsibility the Sussex Squad bears for this development. I suspect they are the main reason for it.

We know that William and Charles want him struck off security, but he got it anyway? That can only be because the MET and MI5/6 have determined that there has been a rise in threats toward him.

The main people I see online making threats toward him are Meghan's batshit supporters. No one else seems to talk about him nearly as much, but the Sewage Squad bring him up every day in order to deflect from Harry and Meghan. (Little do the Sewage Squad know that Andrew was the only person who championed Harry's cause and convinced the Queen to agree to meet Meghan in the first place, and that without his initial help, Meghan might have never have married Harry, but that's another story.)

The Sewage Squad cannot seem to post in general without making threats toward the Royal Family, and they feel particularly emboldened when it comes to Andrew because, well, he's scum. we'll never know for sure, but I would put money on the idea that it was the scale of their threats of violence that prompted the security services to defy the wishes of Charles and William and leave his security at the highest level.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2022 8:40 PM

It takes a lot of cash to defend the royals from the insane DL trolls who salivate every time one of them farts.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2022 8:40 PM

I thought the latest was that Harry never actually offered to pay for his security although claiming in public that he did. Buried in the court papers somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 19August 14, 2022 8:52 AM

Andrew will be luck to be dumped in Pauper’s Island when he kicks it

by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2022 9:01 AM

Why should Harry have to pay for security, but Andrew doesn't?

Harry is closer to the throne than Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2022 9:01 AM

[quote]Prince Andrew is a national security risk. He's not being protected, he's being babysat.

Probably true, but it's still kind of galling. I would understand a UKer being as upset about Andrew's security as some of us are about Trump's Secret Service protection and its costs.

by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 9:04 AM

[quote] Little do the Sewage Squad know that Andrew was the only person who championed Harry's cause and convinced the Queen to agree to meet Meghan in the first place, and that without his initial help, Meghan might have never have married Harry

I’m anti-Harry and Meghan, and I didn’t know this. Can you expand a bit?

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 9:43 AM

There have always been rumors that Andrew met Meghan in other circumstances long before Harry brought her to the family.

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 9:52 AM

[quote] Harry deserves security protection, too.

HEAR HEAR!!

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2022 9:59 AM

r23, Andrew basically tricked the Queen into meeting Meghan at one of the monthly Sunday luncheons he used to host for the Queen and his family, with assorted family members coming along. She had avoided Harry's pleas to meet Meghan because it was far too soon, but Harry told andrew, and Andrew stepped in to shoehorn Harry and Meghan as Surprise! guests when it was too late for the Queen to cancel in politeness.

He even frogmarched Fergie out to the driveway to make sure that before Meghan came onto the house, she knew how to properly curtsy (deeply and quite slowly, when first meeting the Queen). Fergie apparently spent half an hour practising with Meghan out on the gravel.

The Yorks made a huge effort to make sure that not only would Meghan actually meet the Queen despite the Queen's reticence to do so, but that she wouldn't humiliate herself in the process. In upper class Britain, that is genuine kindness. Even hosts who bear no ill will to the outsider will often go to absolutely zero effort to help the guest not humiliate themselves, as watching them fumble is considered all 'part of the fun'.

Harry asked Andrew to do this, and Andrew did it for his nephew, even though he was probably bollocked for putting the Queen in a bit of a tight corner by doing so. He could afford it, as he is (was?) very beloved by the Queen, so he took the risk.

Meghan owes Andrew and Fergie a MASSIVE debt of gratitude for her ability to slide into that family as quickly as she did. Kate had a much more traditional, formal, and therefore much, much longer road. Nothing like as easy as Meghan's way in.

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2022 10:32 AM

Allegedly Andrew's accuser Virgina was threatening to subpoena Meghan if the case went to trial. If true, that suggests Andrew and Meghan were previously acquainted.... Possibly the BRF was protecting Meghan in addition to Andrew by settling the case.

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2022 10:35 AM

Well, r27, the BRF clearly went to extraordinary lengths to protect Meghan while she bullied between10 to13 longtime employees out of their jobs.

Basically, the Palace chose to protect screaming Meghan rather than their valued employees, to BP's shame. Apparently this is because of the amount of drama that Harry and Meghan both had drummed out of thin air from the moment she moved into Kensington Palace, and with every point of contact with staff, including Kate's staff. BP was apparently desperate to keep a lid on the ever proliferating stories of abuse, particularly before the 50 million pound wedding.

This protection of Meghan from the natural consequences of her own bad behaviour toward staff is particularly unusual because the Palace had, up to that point, a stellar reputation as a wonderful place to work, with minimal turnover and staff typically staying for decades. There's no doubt that the BRF and the Palace staff made mistake upon mistake in trying to appease Meghan and Harry and quell their nonstop tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2022 10:55 AM

Thank you, r26. I’d heard the bit about Fergie teaching Meghan to curtsy, but not the rest. Odd that we’ve not seen those two together, ever. Fergie must have outlived her usefulness early on.

I suspect that Andrew is scrambling to get whatever he can, now, before his mother dies. He’s screwed, once she’s gone. Fergie’s little love nest in Mayfair is probably his bolt hole. The story about Fergie buying it for her daughters makes zero sense. They’re both well provided for, and Eug is in Portugal anyway. It’s so Andy can do his misdeeds in privacy.

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2022 11:55 AM

The Palace has protected her well, but they don’t have to lift a finger now. And if there’s anything that MI5 or private investigators discovered and put in the vault for safekeeping, she’d better hope it doesn’t fall out.

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2022 11:57 AM

There have been rumors for years that Meghan was a "Yacht Girl', a girl who entertained men on Epstein's yacht, and that's where she first met Andrew. Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2022 12:02 PM

It's hard to believe that the UK taxpayers are paying anything towards this degenerate's upkeep.

by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2022 12:09 PM

R31, isn't she too old? And the Bowers' book revealed, in fantastic humiliation for Harry, that she pursued Rory MacIlroy through John Fitzpatrick- who I'm sure Andrew knew through some UK/Irish business connections. She was a party favor. It's incredibly delicious for Irish-Americans for Harry to humiliate himself by MARRYING some Irish golfer's sloppy seconds. What a fucking fool.

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2022 12:21 PM

Andrew lives on the Windsor Estate with his mother The Queen so of course he's going to have security. He hasn't traveled very much only by horse as he trots around the park.

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2022 12:29 PM

R33 Do you know about British history? Why Henry VIII married Henry Percy's sloppy seconds...and on and on....

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2022 12:33 PM

When Harry is out in public he will have protection the same way anyone who might be at risk will be afforded protection. He is just creating problems where none exist. As much as I wish Andrew would just go and die in a hole, he is likely to be at risk when out and about and therefore will be afforded protection and regularly because he lives in the country. Hopefully, someone will slip through the net and get rid of him one day.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2022 12:37 PM

Did someone mention sloppy seconds?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2022 12:39 PM

I don't believe for a minute that Prince Andrew is suddenly a hero because he helped Meghan not get iced out by her husband's family, especially when the story comes with no links, and from the person who spends 24/7 on here shrieking "Sewage Squad! Sewage Squad!" I spent some time looking for anything about Andrew heroically going to bat for Meghan, and found nothing.

Meghan is the one who said Fergie taught her how to curtsy, there are photos and it was a cute enough story, but again this particular poster had to add on that Meghan probably dumped Fergie right after because she wasn't of any use anymore and because Meghan is evil manifest. That's all made up. Most of this shit is. Maybe I'm asking too much, but I want at least a little proof, but I'm expected to believe every unsubstantiated word from people who don't really seem to have their heads on straight.

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2022 12:47 PM

R35, how many wives did he have? And I'll get banned for this, but...

I think you're missing the point- Prince Harry's children have already had a taste of a quarter of the commonwealth's celebrity cock, and that was just at birth.

He's humiliated. I kind of love Meghan for this.

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2022 12:47 PM

[quote]It's incredibly delicious for Irish-Americans for Harry to humiliate himself by MARRYING some Irish golfer's sloppy seconds.

How DARE this Negress not be a virgin when she married Harry!!!

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2022 12:48 PM

[quote]Prince Harry's children have already had a taste of a quarter of the commonwealth's celebrity cock

Of course you're not going to get banned for this, people who have run DDoS attacks against the site haven't even gotten banned, but... what the fuck, woman? Your metaphor is about babies sucking cock? Jesus, get a hold of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2022 12:49 PM

From the slide down, actually- how many UK and Canadian celebs she dated pre-Harry. It's a vulgar use of a Chase Utley quote. Not actually meant to imply babies suck cock. I shouldn't have engaged on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2022 12:57 PM

R33, Rory McIlroy was born in Northern Ireland and has claimed to be both British and Irish at different times in his career. I think the Irish got sick of his shit and told him to fuck off back to Britain while the British only claim him when he's winning tournaments.

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2022 1:04 PM

😴 Such a fascinating thread.

But not nearly as fascinating as my Sunday pancakes, sausages and hash browns, with an extra large ice cold Coca Cola from Mickey D's.

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2022 1:27 PM

This is ridiculous! Just finished reading an article about a Ukrainian boy (a chess prodigy) and his mother who are among the 65,000 Ukrainians who have found shelter in the homes of Britons.

Meanwhile, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor of Montecito, Calif., USA are honored for what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2022 3:26 PM

British people are sheep.

Imagine your hard earn money going to sustain the life of luxury of a group of immoral degenerates...

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2022 3:30 PM

R24/R31 obviously work for the DAILY FAIL.

Lying, racist trash making up stories again.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2022 4:47 PM

Sounds like the Queen is still supporting Andrew. And not Harry so much.

On this issue -I'm team Harry. I mean, really! Isn't Harry higher up the ladder Royalty wise?

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2022 4:57 PM

Yes, R48.

But the Meghan haters are so rabid, that they'll even defend a child molester rapist, before supporting Harry.

That's how deranged they are.

by Anonymousreply 49August 14, 2022 5:01 PM

Hey crazy asshole, r4,, I don't read that crap, and I said allegedly. That rumor has been out there since she first started dating the loser ginger prick, and only a frau Meghan fanatic would lose their fucking shit over a rumor. Fuck off, nobody cares about your meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2022 5:06 PM

^^Speaking of meltdowns...

by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2022 5:07 PM

That should be crazy asshole r47.

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2022 5:09 PM

r45 The Harkles have done a good job in revealing how on the celebrity/ well connected circuit that awards are bought. It has been an eye opener as has the corrosive unhealthy power and influence of big PR firms like Sunshine sachs.

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2022 5:33 PM

r48 The decision is made by the police and intelligence services based on information they have about threats. Its not decided by the Queen. Harry will receive protection like Andrew if he is on royal grounds or at royal events . He just 🏆 receive it automatically away from royal grounds. Harry wants to trapze to phoney self congratulatory charity event after event and take Netflix crew everywhere and expect to have full security all the time. It ain't going to happen. Anne , Edward, Princess Alexandra, the Kents and Gloucesters only receive royal protection when working.

Besides I thought Harry said he won't rest until the world is equal- so in that light his status about being higher up as you put it is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2022 5:40 PM

R51, the crazy bitch called me racist trash because I mentioned a rumor about Markle, that has been around for years, so fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 55August 14, 2022 5:54 PM

Prince Charles reportedly gave Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie a blunt response when they went to ask him directly to give their dad Prince Andrew some royal duties to do.

“There’s no chance,” Charles told the two princesses, according to the Sun on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 56August 29, 2022 1:08 AM

I hope William just caps this fucker in broad daylight when Betty kick it.

His fatness annoys.

by Anonymousreply 57August 29, 2022 1:19 AM

Harry's the real star of the BRF. Even a thread about Andrew becomes about him.

by Anonymousreply 58August 29, 2022 8:40 PM

There's a difference between fame and infamy. All attention is not good attention. But that's not American.

by Anonymousreply 59August 29, 2022 8:48 PM

Deep down Brits are envious of Harry living a California lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 60August 30, 2022 10:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!