Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joe Biden’s Best Week Ever

[QUOTE]Biden’s most outlandish promise has actually come to pass: he revived bipartisan lawmaking, signing a spate of laws with support from both parties, including an ambitious program to move manufacturing onshore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2022 2:18 PM

Joe in 24.

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2022 1:51 PM

Sleepy Joe Biden can get all the Marxist legislation in the world passed.

But he doesn't have one thing: my cult of personality. Nobody, but nobody can foment a right-wing revolution like me. People are saying I am the greatest President in US history.

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2022 1:53 PM

Of course, that was me @R2.

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2022 1:54 PM

R2 Fuck you,you lawbreaking Mango Menace! In other countries you would have been killed for sedition or treason. May your orange jumpsuit match your wretched hair!

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2022 1:56 PM

What’s marxist about manufacturing?

by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2022 1:59 PM

Oh R2 was satire.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2022 1:59 PM

Would Karl Marx like manufacturing though?

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2022 2:00 PM

Bloomberg reported yesterday that it's only a question of when he'll announce his intention to run again, but that he's pretty much settled on it at this point.

[quote]President Joe Biden is preparing to launch his re-election bid in the months after November’s midterm congressional elections, according to multiple aides and allies, setting up a potential 2024 re-match with Donald Trump.

[quote]Biden’s resolve to mount a second White House bid is hardening even with polls showing most Democrats would prefer a candidate other than the 79-year-old president. But those close to Biden describe him as buoyed by recent legislative, economic and foreign policy victories and committed to again deny Trump a return to the Oval Office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2022 2:02 PM

That god for mighty Joe!

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2022 2:09 PM

R26 Not to the Faux News fans that post here!

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2022 2:12 PM

Now he has to boast about these legislative achievements to the American ppl on Air Force One. Do not count this man out. Everyone thought he was politically dead after the New Hampshire primary but he came roaring back. These news plus gas prices going down, and the abortion setback, plus if he announces student debt relief we should be OK going into the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2022 2:13 PM

And legalizing weed. Do it now Joe.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2022 2:24 PM

I never doubted him, people are just stupid. Especially the ones who continue to act like he’s as bad as Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2022 2:31 PM

Some people will fall for anything...seriously. NONE of what is promised will come to pass...NONE. Weve been to this rodeo multiple times over the past 70 years. 1. Those manufacturing jobs...WE are paying 52 BILLION dollars to corporations to bring jobs back...the very corporations who TOOK THOSE JOBS AWAY to increase their profits. Why are we rewarding them to continue to screw us ? You know those jobs will pay LESS. 2. Increasing taxes to 28% to pay for it...big fucking deal. They pay next to nothing already. Reminder...from the 1930s thru the early 1980s, the wealthy in this country paid between 70-94% taxes (94% was WW2)...going from 21% to 28@ is an insult to the American working class and the people in general...and its STILL 7% lower than under Obama. I understand if youre under 40...you dont know any different, its always been your way of life. But for the older people, you know better, so why do you continue to fall for the pandering, the political rhetoric, ans spin (both sides do it depending on whos in office) ? Wake up people...were being played AGAIN. History repeats itself...learn the lessons it teaches you.

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2022 2:33 PM

"Both sides! Stop rewarding Democrats for screwing us over! You're too young and stupid to understand! Wake up, sheeple!"

by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2022 2:40 PM

r15. Are you that obtuse ? YES, it is both sides. NOTHING has changed in the past 50+ years regardless of all the promises of better jobs, improved incomes and better quality of life. Hows that been working out for everybody. Neither party works for us any longer. Just look around at the results, not the pandering. The fact that you dont get it and neither do the majority of the people is the reason we are in this mess...and we are not getting out of it any time soon. Bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2022 2:44 PM

Okay r16 thanks for the info I'll make sure to go vote Trump about it

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2022 2:45 PM

Anyone that you’re interested for 2024, R14? I’m genuinely curious. You raise points I never thought about.

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2022 2:47 PM

Youre an idiot r17. It has NOTHING to do with Trump, or Democrat or Republican. Its about continuing to vote for THE ESTABLISHMENT...on both sides, who are controlled by their corporate interests and who wil readily throw you a few CRUMBS to satisfy the masses so they dont revolt while not actually doing anything for anyone. Dont believe it ? Look at the working class...the local communities...the decreasing quality of life. Debt is at an all time high...personal, corporate and government. Its not sustainable. But you do you and continue down that yellow brick road....just remember, at the end, the wizard was a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2022 2:51 PM

I don’t like Trump because of his love affair with the Saudis. I can’t vote for him solely because of that.

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2022 2:54 PM

Yes OP this is the first week that he didn't SHAKE someone's hands who wasn't there.

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2022 2:57 PM

[quote]Youre an idiot r17. It has NOTHING to do with Trump, or Democrat or Republican. Its about continuing to vote for THE ESTABLISHMENT...on both sides

No one comes into a thread about Biden having a good week and starts shitting on "both sides" unless they have an anti-Biden political agenda. You haven't posted any of this blathering both-siderism shit on any Trump threads, for instance.

[quote]But you do you and continue down that yellow brick road....just remember, at the end, the wizard was a fraud.

The "wizard" in your belabored metaphor being Biden, of course. It's not about parties, you say, while you slam Biden as a "fraud."

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2022 3:00 PM

R18...nobody has emerged YET. Its going to take someone who has some balls and is willing to buck the system and go against the establishment to benefit the people. They all talk a good game, but the proof is in the pudding. Example : Its been 583 days since the insurrection and seditionists and traitors are still seated in the House and Senate...THE PEOPLES HOUSE...and there have been no attemps...NONE...to remove them. People believe that its a prosecution responsibility..ITS NOT...its a Congressional duty...thats what the 14th Amendment is in the Constitution for....and you do NOT need a 2/3 vote to do it...you only need a simple majority...which we have, and which Nancy Pelosi herself confirmed. You need 2/3 vote to REMAIN seated once expelled. Why dont they do it ? They dont want to rock the boat and fear retaliation in the future. Remember, for all the bitching about all the things that dont get passed, or things like Roe, religion, and the EPA...there are over 10= Senators who participated in 1/6, who if they ere expelled, come from States with Democratic Governors WHO GET TO REPLACE THEM. We could have had a super majority over a year ago... and wouldnt be dealing with any of this mess. But their afraid.

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2022 3:01 PM

r12 How exactly do you propose to legalise weed with a 50+1 majority in the senate? And please don't repeat that false taking point that he can do it with an EO.

He can and probably will take action on student debt relief before the midterms, however.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2022 3:02 PM

Thanks R23.

by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2022 3:04 PM

R22...sorry youre delicate sensibilities are offended....but you need to wake up and stop twisting what I said as being anti-Biden. It will benefit you to be more objective and to look at reality and not the fantasy they force feed you. And regarding Trump posts, why would I waste my time on a conman who is totally irrelevant other than because of the air we give him You have a lot to learn.

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2022 3:05 PM

You make great points R14 and R23. I most certainly am a low info voter.

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2022 3:08 PM

What about Al Gore?

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2022 4:13 PM

250,000 votes.

That's the number that caused the Dems to lose Congress in 1994 and cemented this hellscape of the last 20 years.

represent.us

stopjimcrow2.com

WORK, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2022 5:05 PM

30 years! ^r29

Time to take the power back.

by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2022 5:07 PM

Malarkey levels are dangerously high

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2022 5:12 PM

r/DarkBRANDON

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2022 5:26 PM

People always wrote him off way too easily. Obama had some rough as hell doom and gloom months too. Remember when Bernie was going to primary him and Harry Reid shut that shit down?

Anyway, eventually things pick up when you are actually actively doing things to help the country.

by Anonymousreply 33August 12, 2022 5:34 PM

People were/are really expecting Democrats to wave their magic wand and make everything happen right away. That’s not how any of this works.

by Anonymousreply 34August 12, 2022 5:40 PM

Well something should’ve happened, R34. It’s been a year and a half.

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2022 7:12 PM

😭😭😭 r35

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2022 7:17 PM

As a Brit, I am deeply jealous. We are facing £5000 energy costs, the effects of climate change really starting to hit, flagrant corruption, massive class issues and a government that doesn't know it's arse from its elbow.

If only a miracle would happen and the Tories call an election for the Labour party to have a clean sweep, but even if labour get in it will be a hung parliament due to the ancient fucks down in the south east.

by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2022 7:22 PM

I always felt foreigners appreciated President Biden more than many Americans do.

by Anonymousreply 38August 12, 2022 10:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2022 6:38 PM

OP- Yes Joe Biden's best week EVER

his and his son's investments in the Ukraine and China are soaring in value.

by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2022 6:51 PM

What foreign investments does Joe have, R40?

by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2022 6:54 PM

Ummmm - not exactly, r38. This from the Deputy editor of the Spectator, who once vocally supported Biden's candidacy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2022 6:56 PM

^^^Sorry, it's paywalled, so here is an archived copy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2022 6:57 PM

R40 is sad that Dump is having his WORST week ever. Awww poor baby. Don’t worry, he’ll eventually go to prison and you’ll have to find another bozo to support.

by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2022 7:49 PM

First we want him to get the GOP nomination again, R44. He’s the candidate we need to sober these lazy voters up. They’ll turn out if they know it means preventing another Trump term.

by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2022 9:24 PM

Inflation Reduction Act awaits Joe’s signature

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2022 8:24 AM

[QUOTE]This from the Deputy editor of the Spectator, who once vocally supported Biden's candidacy

Still a rightwinger, R42.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2022 11:30 AM

GOP red wave shrinking by the day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 28, 2022 8:42 PM

Another great week for Joe capped off by a good jobs report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2022 2:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!