Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When can we see the contents of the search warrant?

“The attorney general announced Thursday that he’s asked a judge to unseal the FBI’s search warrant for Mar-a-Lago, which the former president, we’re guessing, does not want people to see.”

Well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2022 7:58 PM

The media are such squirrels. This is the only thing that anyone should be focusing on right now. This court case.

When should we expect a verdict?

When is it likely to be decided?

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2022 5:03 AM

This is the only ballgame.

Because it will end all the speculation and lay out what’s there. It will end all these think pieces about what might be in there.

Let’s just have the facts, ma’am. Show us the documents.

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2022 5:04 AM

Anybody have any guesses here?

Any legal types?

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2022 5:05 AM

Eez write hear een mi poosey.

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2022 5:06 AM

Not holding my breath in any way, shape or form.

No way.

No how.

No siree Bob.

by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2022 5:07 AM

I'm waiting for sweeps week.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2022 5:10 AM

Well there is a court case here, you see, and that court case will have a ruling so what I want to know is when that ruling will be and what is the precedent here and likelihood of an order to release it vs an order to keep it hidden from the public?

Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2022 5:12 AM

I want to read this sucker.

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2022 5:12 AM

The warrant and the inventory won’t show much - there won’t be any specificity or details about what they were looking for, or what they took. The affidavit for the warrant would at least have the specifics about what evidence the FBI presented to secure the warrant, why now, and what they were looking for.

Until that’s released, and the DOJ shows what was sought in the search warrant was indeed found at Mar-A-Lago, it’s going to keep in this cycle of “sources say” and pundits speculating ad naseum.

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2022 5:19 AM

Ok now it’s time for the popcorn that you’ve been saving people.

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2022 5:31 AM

🍿 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 🍿 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2022 5:36 AM

This is the payoff arch after watching 9 episodes of something on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2022 5:38 AM

I hope there isn't a dragon.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2022 5:40 AM

Trump announced late tonight that he won't oppose their release, so maybe later today?

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2022 5:58 AM

The contrast between content on cable news tonight is stark. CNN and MSNBC are taking this very seriously. FOX News is showing a viral video of a kid sinking a dunk shot while standing on a balance board.

by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2022 6:01 AM

Then why doesn’t he just release them?

r14. Why didn’t you acknowledge that he could have released them yesterday? He can release them himself. Presumably you know that right?

Is there a particular reason you left that out?

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2022 6:02 AM

R14 what does that even mean oppose the release?

He has a social media company. Don’t you know that?

Posts like these are confusing as hell and the people here deserve some sort of explanation for the willful omission of material info.

What is that about?

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2022 6:04 AM

R14 was just reporting news, you twit

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2022 6:04 AM

He could just post the docs to his social media company and get all the traffic.

He could have done that a day ago. M This context is missing from r14. Very peculiar until there is some explanation.

by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2022 6:05 AM

R18, rather selectively and omitting a lot of context while including some info and not other. Is that news now?

Who are you people.

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2022 6:06 AM

R18, jesus are you a defense attorney by trade?

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2022 6:07 AM

Again, he’s reporting breaking news, not writing your preferred editorial. You want context, you add the fucking context.

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2022 6:07 AM

Clearly the Rethug trolls, while waiting for their marching orders, have decided to just be contrary

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2022 6:10 AM

R22 so you’re saying he was posting propaganda.

Well at least it’s not confusing anymore. That makes perfect sense and it fits.

Thanks for clearing that up.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2022 6:26 AM

R23 true. They are not sure where to go with this.

They really are lost without those handy talking points.

by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2022 6:27 AM

Let the people who drew up the documents release them. They have them and could do it right now.

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2022 6:29 AM

^^^ posted before I could add the end:

Let the people who drew up the documents release them. They have them and could do it right now.

That's the only way we'll know what we're seeing isn't a fake.

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2022 6:31 AM

No, they can't, not right now, they need the court's permission. Trump could release his copies without the court's permission.

But it's all moot now that Trump has called for the warrant's release without waiting until tomorrow. (So why doesn't he just release his own copies?)

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2022 6:35 AM

“That's the only way we'll know”

Where do you people come up with this stuff?

The justice department would confirm that they were false especially since they’ve sued to say that his claims are as much.

by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2022 6:36 AM

R28 because he is a scam artist and deplroables are fools.

by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2022 6:36 AM

Then let the DOJ release them, r29. I don't trust Trump, and I don't think I'm alone here in that.

by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2022 6:45 AM

R31 they are trying to release it. that’s what the op link explains of you want to give it a read. They are waiting on a judge.

by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2022 6:48 AM

Let’s be clear. Trump does not want this released.

He will fight in court to keep it from being released and if he doesn’t it’s because he knows he will lose and look even more guilty.

by Anonymousreply 33August 12, 2022 6:48 AM

Trump called for the immediate release of the warrant and supporting documents earlier tonight, r33. There's a thread on it.

by Anonymousreply 34August 12, 2022 6:51 AM

Girl bye he is toast.

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2022 6:53 AM

Let the countdown begin.

by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2022 7:04 AM

Crazy times.

by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2022 8:13 AM

R30 did you just gradddueat from the 6th grade

by Anonymousreply 38August 12, 2022 1:39 PM

[quote] so you’re saying he was posting propaganda.

Only to a deplorable nazi scum could a statement of fact been seen as propaganda

by Anonymousreply 39August 12, 2022 1:47 PM

R34 what comes out of Trump's mouth and what his lawyers say in court are not always the same thing. We know this most recently from the 2020 election lawsuits. So until his lawyers say it in court, we shouldn't assume Trump is sincerely agreeing to the release. Again, he could have released the warrant himself.

Meanwhile the press is queuing up 2 different spins for when the release happens:

"Nothingburger and dangerous precedent by overzealous DOJ which means the GOP has full license to go after any Dems who hasn't even committed a crime and we can't possibly criticize them for it!"

OR

"OMG this is so serious that the DOJ/FBI are totally corrupt and incompetent for not doing more and faster! That just casts a shadow over the legitimacy of anything they do to Trump from this point on!"

by Anonymousreply 40August 12, 2022 2:02 PM

There are legal reasons they took their time. Can you imagine what the Nazis trolls would be saying if they cut corners on the legal process?

The first time, they took the boxes dump gave them. Because he withheld some boxes, they had to get a warrant.

My guess is the Saudis want a nuclear program. Trump was selling to them whatever he could to help them.

by Anonymousreply 41August 12, 2022 2:08 PM

"Can you imagine what the Nazis trolls would be saying if they cut corners on the legal process?"

Um, the same shit they are saying now. Facts don't matter to these people.

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2022 2:17 PM

R1 What court case are you talking about? There isn't one, at this point...there is not going to be a "verdict"

by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2022 2:27 PM

My 2 cents:

Trump (legally) had until 3:00 today to respond. He responded personally, but his legal team still have to respond to the court directly by 3:00. Then a/the judge will either direct DOJ to release, or will ruminate on it for an undisclosed amount of time-and then it will, or will not be allowed to be released by the DOJ. Trump could release at any point of course, but likely won’t, so he can claim the FBI version (if ok’ed by judge to be released) is falsified or inaccurate. Sow some doubt. Get more donations. More sympathy.

Buying time, diverting from facts, distracting. That’s always Trump’s defense strategy.

by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2022 2:28 PM

Arrest him already.

If he's not tried over this, the country is over.

by Anonymousreply 45August 12, 2022 2:30 PM

We are wasting our breath until we see the actual documents.

by Anonymousreply 46August 12, 2022 2:55 PM

Why were the "unclassified documents" planted by the FBI?

It's one thing that Trump is an idiot and let us all know about something under wraps, but that his lawyers did it as well is truly mind boggling

by Anonymousreply 47August 13, 2022 3:56 PM

Garland got his groove on!

by Anonymousreply 48August 13, 2022 3:58 PM

Now the same judge wants to unseal more of the documentation at the behest of the "we need ratings and clicks" media and conservatives who want to get an advantage in propaganda messaging (i.e. call it all a bunch of lies). The DOJ can provide recommended redactions along with a rationale, but this seems reckless. All I can say is, if any possible indictments and prosecutions get fucked up from this, no one from the media had better bitch about it (but you know they will anyway).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2022 7:54 PM

FBI's filter team is still sifting through the documents as I type.

Mark me, Garland is going to wait until after the midterms to charge Trump, at which point Trump will have already announced his presidential run, making the optics terrible for the DOJ.

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2022 7:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!