Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New York Times, Washington Post, or Wall Street Journal?

Which do you read and why?

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 2:01 PM

You forgot all of the Above. Bad Poll, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2022 2:21 PM

The Washington Post is a black paper now. I don’t underthhow it’s even considered mainstream

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2022 2:23 PM

R1 what newspaper do you read?

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2022 2:23 PM

The WSJ has the best reporting but the editorials are whack. They NYTimes use to be my go to paper but they changed under Trump and not for the better. Both the Times and the Washington Post are obsessed with racial issues, which means black and white people.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2022 2:29 PM

I ended my Times subscription yesterday.

I still read the Post, though I probably won't renew when my subscription runs out.

Wouldn't look at the WSJ if you paid for my subscription.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2022 2:32 PM

My best friend has a subscription to the The Financial Times and I've found its overall quality to be better than than all three. The NYT has been gradually going deeper into the shitter since about 2004. WaPo had a quick decline under Trump. WSJ, as some said above, has better reporting than the prior two but awful editorials.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2022 2:34 PM

Only The Wall Street Journal & The New York Post

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2022 2:37 PM

r1=Sarah Palin

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2022 2:40 PM

I get all the news I need from Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2022 2:40 PM

The Financial Times went full woke years ago.

It’s laughably bad, although the comments have solid restaurant recommendations.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2022 2:40 PM

NYT and the WAPO.

Agree with some of the criticisms already posted but I won't, and can't, give 'em up. They're a couple of my benign addictions.

what r9 said, too!

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2022 2:43 PM

All of them!

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2022 2:45 PM

I do not read any of them.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2022 2:50 PM

None of the above. They're all agenda and indoctrination.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2022 2:52 PM

The question does seem like one from the 90s. All of the papers are now embarrassing versions of what they once were.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2022 2:58 PM

WaPo.

Harder hitting than NYT

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2022 3:28 PM

The WaPo. I’ve been pissed at the Times ever since their 2016 election tracker showed Hillary with a 99% chance of winning and thus helped to stick us with that orange fucker.

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2022 3:32 PM

NOT MUH HECKINRINOOOOO NEWSPAPERINOOOOOS!

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2022 3:35 PM

Both the NYTimes (for news coverage, games, and some arts coverage) and the Washington Post (for political coverage, advice columns, and some arts coverage).

Both of them are too woke in their cultural opinion pieces. The Times is too obsessed with glorifying Beyonce and has multiple op-ed columnists who phone it in and should retire (Friedman, Dowd, Stephens), plus too many columnists who represent no one but a tiny minority of opinions (Douthat, Gay, Brooks).

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2022 3:48 PM

Question to all previous posters: When you read any of the papers, how much (in minutes or number of articles) do you read? Online or paper? Every day or just a couple times a week? I'm asking because I don't find the time to thoroughly read any of them, maybe 30 minutes per day. And at just 30 minutes, I miss most of their content. Simply put: I don't feel like I have the time to take full advantage of a subscription.

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2022 8:12 PM

I read some of the NY Times and WSJ daily. I look at the headlines of the WP.

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2022 8:58 PM

Found this assessment a couple days ago. I was a bit surprised about the allocation. I would not have allocated The Economist on the left leaning sight. Considering OAN just firmly on the right sounds an understatement. I would have located it far- or beyond right. So I'm wondering if the base for this chart is skewed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2022 1:56 PM

This one is more granular, also considering reliability separately from political bias.

What say you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2022 1:58 PM

I subscribe to the NYTimes. It's not perfect, nothing is, but at the end of the day it is still the "paper of record" and they do the most journalism around the world out of American outlets

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2022 2:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!