Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Former lesbians, who are they

Who are some women that came out as gay and then started dating men? Stephanie Adams comes to mind. She was the first "lesbian" on the cover of Playboy. Later had husband and a kid (which she killed). Patricia Yurena, was miss Spain and first ever "lesbian" to hold national pageant title. Now has a guy and a kid with him. Chirlane McCray, wife of Bill de Blasio. I believe Clementine Ford, Cybill's daughter also called herself a lesbian when she divorced her first husband and was dating a woman. Has a new husband now. Amber Heard aslo called herself a lesbian in one of her earlier interviews

by Anonymousreply 88August 19, 2022 11:34 PM

Of course there's Anne HeHe. Dates men now, but Ellen is a famous ex.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2022 8:55 AM

Anne never said she's a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2022 9:08 AM

DL icon Vivian Vance

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2022 9:11 AM

Brit singer Jessie J, who was in the most ludicrous beardry with Channing Tatum.

Then with a backing dancer (yawn) and now “with” some closet basketball player. Looks like she interrupted his Bear Week Stag at Fire Island…

“Colman has kept quiet on the romance” 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2022 9:48 AM

Julie Cypher, the OG Mrs. Ethridge. Tammy Lynn Michaels gave similar but vibes. I just figured as soon as the 1st child support check cleared, Tammy would be squatting on sausage. But these gals are old news so I can't find anything proving my intution was correct. Melissa Ethridge really was/is a serial fuckboi and those types are forever dating confused straight women.

Tig Notaro's wife, Stephanie Allynne of "Annoyingly Long Way to Spell 'Allen' and Not Much Else" fame, will make this sad team in a few years. She's moderately attractive, minimally famous, 16 years Notaro's junior, done birthed two gabies and never tires of telling the story of how she didn't know she was into women until Tig Notaro came along. List. Boxes. Check.

While we're at it, I would like to play my 2 carefully hoarded Uno Reverse cards and return Jojo Siwa and Beanie Feldstein.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2022 10:41 AM

r2 No but if you give her a few bucks, she'll do a pretty good impression of one.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2022 10:50 AM

Elizabeth Gilbert the author of hugely popular frau gospel Eat Pray Love. Married a man then dumped him for another man . Then married a man she met in Bali mentioned in the famous book. Divorced again only munch carpet for a couple of years with a her best friend. The friend died and she went back to men only to end it again.

How can someone be this indecisive in one lifetime truly a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2022 10:51 AM

It makes me wonder how that happens. Jessie J is obviously a self-hating closet case and Heard seems like a genuine bisexual but some of the other ones..

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2022 11:31 AM

R8 Jessie J (clue in the andro name) did it to break the US (fail) - but Amber Heard is just a gold digging monster who’ll go down on anything for (billions of) dollar.

I wonder how cray-cray Elon managed to get away so easy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2022 11:46 AM

R9 It does seem like the men she gets with are rich and well-connected while the women aren't so much. I dunno if that's because it's easier to find men like that though.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2022 11:52 AM

R10 The Mens are cash - ladies are gash

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2022 11:55 AM

Lindsay Lohan

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2022 11:56 AM

Ho-han is straight out a hooker (probably an addict) so I guess that's why.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2022 11:57 AM

R7 She never said she's a lesbian, as far as I know. She's just a bisexual. Bisexuals date both sexes. This thread isn't about bisexuals. Well it is, but about the ones that called themselves gay/lesbian in the past

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2022 2:09 PM

R4 Jessie J was out as bi but later said that is behind her and she is straight now. She never claimed to be gay. Also, why are you suggesting that she was bearding with Channing Tatum and is in a fake relationship with her current bf?

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2022 2:11 PM

R12 Again, Lindsay Lohan never claimed to be a lesbian! Jesus Christ

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2022 2:12 PM

R10 That actor she dated briefly after Elon isn't rich or famous.

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2022 2:13 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2022 2:16 PM

[quote]But these gals are old news so I can't find anything proving my intution was correct.

Tammy Lynn Michaels is a giant lez and is since (gay) remarried.

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2022 2:16 PM

[Quote] Also, why are you suggesting that she was bearding with Channing Tatum

Because Channing isn't straight either....

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2022 2:37 PM

Anne Burrell

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2022 2:39 PM

R4 she actually said, in a Freudian slip, “should I lie and say I was bi”. So NOT even a lying bi, but, therefore, I presume a lesbian. A lying lesbian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2022 2:55 PM

[quote] Tig Notaro's wife, Stephanie Allynne of "Annoyingly Long Way to Spell 'Allen' and Not Much Else" fame, will make this sad team in a few years. She's moderately attractive, minimally famous, 16 years Notaro's junior, done birthed two gabies and never tires of telling the story of how she didn't know she was into women until Tig Notaro came along. List. Boxes. Check.

Allyne is her middle name which she uses as a stage name. Her real last name is Large lol. For a bit, she was being credited as Stephanie Allyne Notaro. Stephanie gives off a manipulative bitch vibe in interviews on podcasts.

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2022 3:41 PM

Has-bians and was-bians...

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2022 3:42 PM

R22 She's not a lesbian, she dates a man after a man, never single. And no R20 Channing Tatum isn't gay and wasn't her beard.

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2022 4:36 PM

R18 When did Anne Heche called herself a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2022 4:37 PM

R19 Who's her wife? Nothing on Wikipedia about her second marriage.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2022 4:38 PM

Saying "former lesbians" makes it sound like conversion therapy. These women are either bi or liars, not former anything.

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2022 4:50 PM

R27, I don't recall her name off the top of my head but Michaels regularly tweets about her (and her own babydyke past). And mentions her on the art gallery page someone linked to in another thread.

Michaels was always the epitome of Midwestern soft-butch, despite the Ryan Murphy drag. She and Etheridge were a perfect match on paper, but crazy got in the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2022 4:54 PM

Here's a pic of the wife, whose name is apparently Amy. Tammy has a type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2022 5:01 PM

Damn, R30, that's a rough looking 120!

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2022 5:04 PM

R25 Universal Music shill 🙄

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2022 5:09 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2022 5:15 PM

I can't stand Ellen, but I thought He He was a cunt to say that shit.

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2022 5:17 PM

R33 But media has called her lesbian cause she was dating a woman. Did she ever refered to herself as a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2022 5:19 PM

R32 delusional "everyone is gay and bearding" troll

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2022 5:20 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2022 5:21 PM

most of the to rad fems,

therefore they changed the definition

of lesbian

to "political" lesbian

like how antisemities became politically black

and hijacked social justice.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2022 5:38 PM

Ooh I got one! Sheryl Swoopes!

I was reminded of Swoopes while searching for a peek at Tammy Lynn Michael's post Ethridge life. I have NOT been paying attention for 30 years, so thanks everyone who helped clear that up.

Sheryl Swoopes came out as gay, said she knew she wasn't born that way, dominated the WNBA then quietly married a man ... ay.

I lost track after she came out. Apparently that was the only part I cared to hear.

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2022 5:52 PM

R36 bizarre Jessie J fan

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2022 6:24 PM

R40 I don't give a fuck about Jessie J. I just don't think every single famous person is gay and in a fake pr relationship. That makes me bizarre on this site, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2022 7:35 PM

I guess Anne Kronenberg fits into this category.

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2022 8:04 PM

Personally, I think it’s all over for Trump and the GOP. We are at the point now, after 6 years, when the shit is hitting the fan and, lbh, it’s an endless torrent of shit from here on out.

You’ve got about 5 or 6 major civil and criminal investigations coming to a head - and that’s not even including indictments for Jan 6th where the worm is finally turning. Time is no longer on their side.

Of course there will always be a hard core 23% of the electorate that will always go for Trump but Trump is going down and he’s taking everyone with him.

Trump supporters are magnified and coddled by the mainstream (i.e., right wing, right leaning American media - which is ALL American media) but they’re not an electoral majority. The GOP is not going to fare well in the midterms and remember the last GOP Presidential Primary? Brace yourself for a major shit show.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2022 9:34 PM

^^ Wrong thread.

Sorry not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2022 9:35 PM

R7 I think Elizabeth Gilbert is a low key sociopath. Not the really unhinged type but something is off with her. Every announcement she makes about her newest Forever Love reads like something a smitten 14 year old girl would write. And then she discards them in no time.

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2022 10:48 PM

Anyone interested in Elizabeth Gilbert's messy personal life who hasn't read her infamous "Confessions of a Seduction Addict" piece, have at it. The link circumvents the NYT paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2022 10:55 PM

Maria Bello (sorta)

by Anonymousreply 47August 12, 2022 12:12 AM

47 replies and no mention of two of Martina's most famous exes, Judy Nelson and Nancy Lieberman? Also, was I the only person stunned to find out earlier this year when Pam Shriver came forward about her relationship with her 50 year old coach when she was 17, that she was NOT a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 48August 12, 2022 12:50 AM

Maria Bello was with a woman again as of late 2021 (Dominique Crenn). I'm not sure if that lasted, though.

by Anonymousreply 49August 12, 2022 1:13 AM

R41 Jessie and Channing are both bi. This isn't new information. Maybe they really were dating but that doesn't mean they didn't use their relationship for pr.

by Anonymousreply 50August 12, 2022 2:42 AM

I recall some gossip about Maria Bello having female fuck buddies in Hollywood before she came out as bi.

by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2022 2:44 AM

D-list actress Kassandra Clementi was engaged to Jacqueline Toboni, made a post about being a lesbian only to be spotted with a man 2 months later.

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2022 3:04 AM

R19 does she still act? I remember her from popular.

by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2022 8:52 AM

Nan Michiganwomyn.

I don't care if she says that for the first time in her life she's truly fulfilled as penised person Dan. The transition feels like a betrayal. The 12 incher more so.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2022 8:58 AM

[quote]Patricia Yurena, was miss Spain and first ever "lesbian" to hold national pageant title.

You need to google who Martina Navratilova’s current wife is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2022 9:45 AM

Martina loves to 'turn' em...

by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2022 5:39 PM

R47 Maria Bello never claimed to be a lesbian. She was with a guy and had a kid with him, them left him for her female friend, then left her for a younger guy (current Brie Larson's bf) and then she got with Dominique Crenn, a french chef, who she is engaged to. So she's just a typical bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 57August 12, 2022 6:25 PM

R55 A: Julia Lemigova wasn't out when she was doing the whole Miss Universe thing. B: she still isn't out as a lesbian. Just married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 58August 12, 2022 6:27 PM

R48 Those two are bisexual women.

by Anonymousreply 59August 12, 2022 6:28 PM

Hell’s Kitchen winner Heather West

by Anonymousreply 60August 12, 2022 10:07 PM

So this is it. A banana boatload of bisexuals, black belt gold diggers and poor Sheryl Swoopes? Damn memory is disappointing. I could have sworn I knew at least 3 celebrity wives who said The Magic Words out loud, when in fact I didn't know even one before this thread.

Thanks DL, for the measure of my misty memory.

Whomp whomp.

by Anonymousreply 61August 13, 2022 9:29 AM

[quote]B: she still isn't out as a lesbian. Just married to a woman.

WTF

by Anonymousreply 62August 13, 2022 9:43 AM

There's someone in this thread obsessed with straightening out or downgrading to bi people!

by Anonymousreply 63August 13, 2022 9:50 AM

R63 I know - I had a row with them earlier. They seem not to have read the title of this thread…

Is it Muriel? Someone’s rep?

Lezzas will lezza! get over it!

by Anonymousreply 64August 13, 2022 10:24 AM

R62 Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 13, 2022 12:35 PM

R63 What do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 66August 13, 2022 12:36 PM

R22 I don't think you understand what she was trying to say.

by Anonymousreply 67August 13, 2022 12:44 PM

There are no bisexuals. There are gay people who don't want to come out because of their various issues so they continue to pretend to keep heterosexuality as an option. There is also the 'pay attention to me, I'm special!' contingent but much of that has turned to declaring themselves trans now. So-called bisexuals are always the most messed up people.

by Anonymousreply 68August 13, 2022 12:47 PM

R68 Did you just time traveled from 1950s?

by Anonymousreply 69August 13, 2022 12:50 PM

Wow, R69, I think you get the award for the shortest post with the most grammatical errors. I mean, seven words and two large errors? That must have taken some planning. It's also fun when you read it in a Russian accent!

Go ahead and list the self-proclaimed bisexuals we all know, R69. They are loons who always end up straight. I bet you can't find one sane out bisexual who actually ended up in a same-sex relationship long term.

by Anonymousreply 70August 13, 2022 12:58 PM

R70 Maybe English isn't my first language? Ever thought of that, you nimrod? Of course I'm not going to make you s kist if bisexuals, because idiot like yourself would call them all loons and straight/gay.

by Anonymousreply 71August 13, 2022 1:09 PM

I want to help. So...

[quote]Did you just time traveled from 1950s?

Did you just time travel from the 1950s?

[quote] because idiot like yourself

because idiots like yourself

by Anonymousreply 72August 13, 2022 1:21 PM

He's not foreign, R72. That's why he said 'maybe English isn't my first language?' instead of stating that English isn't his first language. He's just an illiterate who can't think of even one non-crazy bisexual to put on his list.

by Anonymousreply 73August 13, 2022 1:25 PM

R73 Brilliant. You got me. What a nimrod.

by Anonymousreply 74August 13, 2022 1:27 PM

r68, I don't like to be argumentative (maybe I do, a little) but yeah. There are bisexuals.

I don't like to argue this because I was caught up in that generation where I could go to a gay club and get approached all night by married women. I even stopped going to clubs in my mid 30s and still had female married coworkers approach me for sex with their dipshit husbands waiting in the wings. It infuriated and disgusted me.

Were these women bisexual? I don't know, but I felt, as a lesbian, they should leave me the fuck alone. I was very hostile toward them approaching me for sex and it was my right to be so. If you are bisexual, fine. But don't ask a gay to be part of your party. To me, it is just disrespectful.

Over the years I have met exactly 2 people who I am certain are bisexual. The funny thing about them is, they never said they were bisexual. They just lived their life. And it turns out I had been in serious BFF and familial relationships with them my whole life.

I think "bisexual" has gotten such a bad rap that the honest to goodness bisexual people feel embarrassed about claiming the label.

Those 2 very dear people never told me they were bisexual despite the combined decades we have spent together. Looking back, in fact, they never said a word to me proclaiming their gayness. I just ASSUMED they were gay because I am gay and we went to the same places and talked about the same things. I think the closest either ever got to declaring their sexuality was "I like who I like." And this was said next to never.

I know from knowing and loving them over lots of years that they honestly don't care about sex (as in male female) and quite naturally fall in love with either as situations present themselves. I also have observed that they are less directed by the act of sex than my lesbian or gay friends. Perhaps that is borne more out of caution. Or we just collectively aged out and I didn't notice when they were young and horny.

At either rate, I understand your position and also understand that my story isn't any sort of proof for the next person. But because I value these 2 people in my own little circle so much I hate to think of them shunned for something they simply can't help. I also like to think that my own past prejudices can help another person along.

I will not date a bisexual woman. I do not find them attractive. I like to keep my home very woman centric and I can imagine gay men feel the same way. I just happen to know that bisexual people can make delightful dinner guests, tend to be charmingly self aware, and don't throw off the conversation too much.

by Anonymousreply 75August 13, 2022 2:40 PM

R75 "I will not date a bisexual woman. I do not find them attractive" This makes zero sense

by Anonymousreply 76August 13, 2022 4:53 PM

I think what R75 describes is common. Before everyone and their mother started calling themselves LGBTQ+, the big bisexual complaint was that gays and straights alike discriminated against them in the dating world.

by Anonymousreply 77August 13, 2022 5:27 PM

Kristanna Loken

by Anonymousreply 78August 13, 2022 11:16 PM

I knew a couple of women who lived as lesbians until middle age when they wound up with men. Which surprised me because they did not seem femme at all.

by Anonymousreply 79August 13, 2022 11:32 PM

Kristanna Loken never said she's a lesbian. She only said she prefered her past relationships with women over the ones with men. She's married to a man now, of I'm not mistaken.

Singer Angel Olsen called herself gay a few years back, bit I think she was using it as an umbrella term.

Actress Caitlin Stasey was calling herself a lesbian even when she was married to a man. She's divorced now and dating a woman.

by Anonymousreply 80August 19, 2022 8:33 AM

[Quote] Actress Caitlin Stasey was calling herself a lesbian even when she was married to a man. She's divorced now and dating a woman.

So she's bi? I wonder if she hooked up with Adelaide during Reign 🤔

by Anonymousreply 81August 19, 2022 9:55 AM

R81 Who knows what she is. She's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 82August 19, 2022 1:59 PM

R82 most actors are to some degree.

by Anonymousreply 83August 19, 2022 2:35 PM

R83 Yeah, but she's next level crazy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 19, 2022 3:21 PM

r82 that's a common trait of political lesbians - later getting married to men while still claiming to be lesbians... which is funny as they speak onwhy lesbians should avoid marriage and other tools of the patriarchy. Of course, though, they believe lesbianism is a choice, a political act and theatre for their brand of politics.

by Anonymousreply 85August 19, 2022 3:37 PM

R85 She's not a political lesbian. She divorced her husband and has been with a woman for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 86August 19, 2022 6:14 PM

R84 meh, i'll take her over Ezra.

by Anonymousreply 87August 19, 2022 11:00 PM

r86 didn't say she was... but it is a common trait of political lesbians.. which we could also extend onto bi curious but not committed types.

and frankly, an entire world of famous bisexul women - the irony often being those that did use lesbianism as spring pad... which you can note the widest sweep within indie label music, the lilith faire & riotgrrl era and the numerous accusations of pinkwashing that followed even down to Madonna & Britney's performative kiss... or the trend of sitcoms having a lesbian kiss episode. But on the music scene, the cynic might suggest was to give them greater access to lesbian spaces where they made a killing because they couldn't cut it in the mainstream, so they played a lot of "womyn" feistvals and catered to its primary crowd. but inevitably ended up in str8, monogamous, relationships and few still ever could be linked to any woman despite their claims. Tho, most of them didn't face the kind of backlash as mainstream Tatu did. . . being one of the few, lesbian or straight, to break through with an explicitly lesbian song, particularly about teens and a suggestive music video beyond the various I'm str8 but kissed a girl types flirtations or more subtle pronoun games and vague wording such as partner (Joan Armatrading) or lover (Tracy Chapman) that could be read as lesbian'ish for those in the know.

while bisexual men often regret coming out at all regardless of what sex they end up with. . . fewer came out as "gay" first. Bowie initially came out as gay but when his music career took off he was bi and then got up tight to being called such later in his career. As did most bi guys but predominately those that ended up with women and more so, those that would be read more as gay because of their effeminancy, flamboyancy or androgyne qualities.. . became the most hostile about it while also continuously putting themselves in situations where it would be questioned. So, was it led some to believe it was attempt to court controversy and generate response.

by Anonymousreply 88August 19, 2022 11:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!