Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Armed gun nut at Beto townhall

I think he handled it well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2022 12:55 AM

Why are these fucking kooks so obsessed with unborn babies? If I was a woman in one of these backward hick places, I'd definitely be fighting this with all I had. Too bad these fucks cannot experience pregnancy resulting from rape.

by Anonymousreply 1August 6, 2022 8:16 PM

Because pregnancy and childbirth are dangerous ordeals that nobody should be forced to endure against their wills, you dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2August 6, 2022 9:02 PM

Man! I would have been up and out of there pronto. I know open carry is legal in Texas but did anyone find out why that ass was carrying an assault rifle? Beto is very brave. Vote Beto in November. He’s got balls.

by Anonymousreply 3August 6, 2022 9:37 PM

[quote]Vote Beto in November. He’s got balls.

Enormous, lickable balls, one imagines. Yes, vote for Beto.

by Anonymousreply 4August 6, 2022 9:44 PM

[quote] Why are these fucking kooks so obsessed with unborn babies?

R1 Despite all of their rhetoric, it's not about the unborn. It's about exerting power and their sense of so-called "morality" over others -- in this case, women. Same with gun culture. Just carrying the guns, as this "preacher" did, sends a non-verbal message intended to exert control over everyone around this person. This is who they are. Every single one of them, even the ones who claim to "hate the extremism but it's about the taxes / insert other excuses here." The latter are happy to enable the extremism if it suits some other ideological end, so they are just as bad. Best to remember all of this whenever you're casting your ballot. Vote blue, across the entire ballot all the way down to local dog catcher.

by Anonymousreply 5August 6, 2022 10:27 PM

What r5 said. It's all about control. These piece of shit losers have miserable lives and want to have some power over others. They really resent people they consider "successful."

by Anonymousreply 6August 6, 2022 10:43 PM

These gun nut assholes have been showing up at Beto's rallies since his run for the Senate. Beto would always talk to them and try to reason with them. Which isn't possible. Beto's not easily intimidated to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2022 3:33 PM

Power, control, and intimidation — the Holy Trinity of their worship. They couldn’t give a rat’s ass about unborn lives, because the second these kids are born they are disinterested in the government providing any services whatsoever to keep these children healthy and alive.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2022 4:41 PM

No I think they do have deeply held religious beliefs. I know it’s hard for you secularists to understand that.

And yeah, that’s a real Southern white guy.

And also yeah, Beto showed real coolness and class. He was pretty immature and bad on stage during the presidential debates. He seems to have grown since then. He’s also showing courage. If Harris lucks into the presidency before 2024 she could do worse than making Beto her appointed VP.

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2022 1:02 AM

R9, funny how their deeply held religious beliefs don't involve banning divorce or adultery or premarital sex, just obsessing over gays, guns, and "the unborn"

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2022 1:04 AM

Nothing says "I heart Jesus" like being obsessed with guns

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2022 1:06 AM

Religion isn’t completely rational. They believe what they believe.

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2022 1:07 AM

I would take Beto over Pete for Prez anyway. Beto has principles.

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2022 1:09 AM

R12, there are people who believe in Bigfoot and the Easter Bunny. So what

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2022 1:11 AM

nothing says holy christian loving than someone with a huge rifle (you know a weapon of violence) carried with them!....

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2022 1:13 AM

Jesus was called the Prince of Peace, not the Prince of AR-15s

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2022 1:14 AM

Didn't we used to inherently know these people were mentally ill and would be in a mental hospital psych ward?...

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2022 1:15 AM

Yeah R14 but others don’t go around saying they really want patriarchy.

I guess I just think that sort of bad faith attribution to others is lazy, all too prevalent and a load of shit.

But if you believe it’s not, that’s fine. I don’t care what your irrational beliefs are at the end of the day.

Also R16 R you a Christian ? If not on the basis of what do you form your opinion of Jesus?

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2022 1:17 AM

R16 actually that meant he was the Messiah who upon the ushering in of the Kingdom of God would bring about universal peace.

THE TITLE DIDNT GIVE MUCH POLICY GUIDANCE ON HOW TO GOVERN EARTHLY KINGDOMS IN THE MEANTIME. BUt you knew that already as a Christian and scholar of the history of the Christian religion. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2022 1:23 AM

I have said since Jan6---these Gun Nuts at OPPOSING sides rallys are going to happen and sooner or later it will be horrific. First they took their guns to Trump Rallys to prove their love for their IDIOT leader. Now they must punish (fill in the blank) Democrats for their Idiot leader....Think about these Maga Nuts. They stormed The Capitol as an "act of love"....Who do you think they are going after when a Trumper is losing in an Election to a Sinner Democrat?....Wait and See...It is going to be horrifying...

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2022 1:59 AM

I have posted this several times before, but I saw Beto speak at a small event before he blew up, and he handled a difficult question from an upset person very well. I think it was from a young Asian woman who was a Dreamer, and Beto had taken a position that was going to make things more difficult for people in her situation. He is no lightweight in spite of what people say here. I really hope he pulls off a win.

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2022 2:37 AM

DeSatanis has a new rule that guns are prohibited at his events. That's rich.

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2022 2:42 AM

Can great women be a product of rape? Or just men?

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2022 2:46 AM

R9. What is the nature of his deeply held religious beliefs? How does the deployment of weapons fit into it?

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2022 2:52 AM

R22 = The MAGA nuts who go to those rallys still stock their trunks full of guns and parade around with their firearms in the parking lot so the media can see them.

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2022 3:27 AM

The Pro-Lifers are still afraid their mothers will abort them.

by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2022 4:14 AM

Beto handled the question extremely well, as I’ve seen him do many times in the past. He very effectively disarms these nutjobs by agreeing on a framework to respond, and then disagrees with their underlying premise without giving an inch on his position.

It is disappointing that currently, three months out from the election, Beto is still running eight points behind that braying jackass Greg Abbott. The numbers have hardly moved. Which is surprising because for many months Beto has been constantly traveling the state registering new voters. And Abbott has been a dreadful governor, considering the mass shootings in Uvalde and El Paso, and the state’s screwed up power grid. They are damn stubborn down there.

by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2022 5:15 AM

Abbott is a living turd. I hope Beto wins.

by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2022 5:41 AM

Nothing says saving babies like murdering someone in cold blood.

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2022 8:46 AM

I think Beto lost the race back in 2019 when he said he'd come for their assault rifles. This is Texas we're talking about. Somebody had to run against Abbott and there was no other Dem in Texas with a high profile. Anne Richards said she lost in '94 because of guns, gays, and God; nothing has changed in 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2022 5:30 PM

*Ann

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2022 5:30 PM

R30 plenty has changed: 6 mass shootings in Texas just in the past 4 years, kids have to go to active shooter drills in school. Abbott signed a bill to let every asshole in Texas buy a gun with no background check. People are fed up.

by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2022 12:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!