Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chicago?!

Is there anyone voluntarily moving to Chicago these days? It’s a fantastic city it just looks like such a horrible mess right now.

by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 10:40 PM

Chicago is a wonderful place..to visit.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2022 10:16 PM

Chicago is a shit hole. Who in their right mind would move there?

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2022 10:19 PM

Don't you know anything? Chicago is a '30s musical starring little miss Alice Faye!

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2022 10:22 PM

All the gays on TikTok are moving there. .. it seems

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2022 12:57 AM

Graphic video-3 dead, 1 injured by high-speed driver outside LGBT bar

Three men are dead and a fourth is seriously injured after a driver struck them at a high speed in front of one of Chicago’s longest-running LGBTQ bars on Sunday morning. A horrifying video appears to show the driver turning to intentionally strike the victims in the 7000 block of South Jeffery Boulevard in the South Shore neighborhood.

“A very unfortunate tragic event occurred early this morning after closing,” said a Sunday morning post on the Jeffery Pub’s Facebook page. “A small group of people were in the street and an unidentified vehicle drove past at a very high rate of speed injuring several people and some deceased. Our hearts heavy this morning that such tragic event has occurred. And to those that lost a loved one or friend we stand with you.”

Videos from the scene show a group of people apparently fighting in the middle of Jeffery Boulevard. A car speeds down the wrong side of the road, then appears to steer slightly to avoid one group of people before plowing into the second group. The driver did not sto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 14, 2022 8:43 PM

Just move to the north suburbs (suburbs along Lake Michigan). Just make sure you're not poor, trashy, Trumptardish, etc. We don't like that kind.

by Anonymousreply 6August 14, 2022 8:46 PM

beautiful skyline and beautiful city... nice place to visit,however only live there if your filthy rich live in a secluded mansion in a secluded area off the lake or in a off the shore high rise penthouse condo and don't have to be around the little people in anyway. for any reason....

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2022 8:46 PM

Do you just start dumb threads based on right-wing talking points?

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2022 8:57 PM

Is there still lots of big blond Polish sausage available?

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2022 9:34 PM

I’d rather spend a weekend in Chicago than in Branson or Pigeon Forge.

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2022 9:54 PM

Git your false dichotomies outta my face, honky!

by Anonymousreply 11August 14, 2022 10:06 PM

Chicago is still a great city. I live in a glass high-rise on the lakefront just south of Soldier Field, and my neighborhood is wonderful. (In fact, I've heard my 'hood has the highest number of dogs per capita in the nation, which is enough to make it perfect for me.). The crime rates for some crimes are higher than they were a few years ago, but they are still much lower than when I moved here 30 years ago. I can walk to museums and the lakefront in minutes, and I'm watching boats on the lake as I type this. I still love it here.

by Anonymousreply 12August 14, 2022 10:19 PM

Dogs and museums and lakes, great, breh.

What about the pinga?

by Anonymousreply 13August 14, 2022 10:24 PM

R13, I've been with my husband for 30 years, so I don't spend a lot of time out chasing pinga. But I see tons of hot shirtless guys running past my house on their way to the lakefront.

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2022 10:26 PM

Quite dongful!

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2022 10:29 PM

Chicago is a great town.

by Anonymousreply 16August 14, 2022 10:29 PM

I'm from there, I like it and if you don't, don't move here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 14, 2022 10:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!