Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE?

Does anyone still watch this? We still do and have lots to say about it. I didn't see any other thread about it other than the Matthew Morrison fracas. There was a time that the dance studio my husband works at used to have viewing parties! Now...nothing! We are team Keaton!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 28, 2022 6:06 AM

I'm so glad that we get a season without horse teeth Nigel and Mary and their questionable judging. I watched the first episode/auditions and the selection of the top 12. Watch the first top 12 performance and already I'm about to bow out for the season. It's great to see 2 full figured dancers (male and female) in the lineup who I think dance beautifully. When they got rid of the full-figured girl (I can't recall her name), I realized that we're still playing the Nigel/Mary games. She shouldn't have been the one that was eliminated.

Two things I'll never forget. One: Nigel, Mary, and some of the other judges nitpicky and at times harsh judging of season 5 dancer Evan Kasprzak. He was mainly a tap dancer who I thought did other dancers superbly. Debbie Allen, Mia Michaels, and the audience, both in studio and viewing, loved him. As much as some of the judges tried to get him eliminated, he did make it to 3rd place but I will never forget the way he was treated.

Two: These words actually came out of Nigel's ugly mouth during an actual broadcast: "We know from the beginning how we want the season to end up." Take that however you wish.

Also, JoJo Siwa can be a bit too much.

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2022 6:03 PM

First of all, thank you for commenting! We ADORED Evan (my husband is a tapper!) and they were nasty about him. Nigel makes me cringe too and the Hot Tamale Express is not missed at our house either. I feel like they don't make them work as hard to get to the top 10/12 and this season is kind of a dud. I do like the body positivity too, but they act like Beau is from outer space (breaking barriers and going where no man has gone before!) Jojo is too much. I really love Twitch. Leah...um, really, no one with dance experience was available? Her comments are garbage. I miss Matthew Morrison.

by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2022 6:34 PM

r2, thanks for saying that. I truly believe that all guest judges should have considerable dance and/or choreography experience and not just some dancing here and there. Leah's not as bad as some other guest judges they had in the past but still.

by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2022 6:55 PM

Would a trans contestant be allowed to compete?

by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2022 7:17 PM

Keaton his beefy and hot. He's a jock too, which is a huge turn on. FUCK ME KEATON, I mean, I hope you win!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2022 7:51 PM

Sorry, I think it's a mess.

I miss Nigel and Mary for the bits of knowledge and truth they'd drop. The new panel has no one with any wisdom. They should have at least one old person with lifelong dance knowledge there.

JoJo is actually my favorite of the current panelists, which is pretty sad as she is totally obnoxious. tWitch would be if he was more talkative. And Leah... total joke.

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2022 7:59 PM

Remember the glory days of this show with Travis Wall and Danny Tidwell and Neil Haskell and Allison Holler and Mia Michaels. I used to love it so much. Some of those routines are burned in my memory.

MARY!!!

The last season I watched was the juniors version they did - which was actually quite good. Tate McRae was a contestant and now she’s a pop star.

I can’t imagine it’s the same without Nigel and Mary - even though they were annoying AF at times.

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2022 8:04 PM

r7, it's actually pretty damn good without Nigel and Mary. Nigel and Mary's judging was shady and as someone else had pointed out, I'm so glad we don't have to put up with Mary's hot tamale train. I wonder if Nigel is still producing the show.

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2022 8:10 PM

What I noticed as the years went on was the quality of the contestants started to drop. Most dancers in that age range are already working if they are talented - the show seemed to be casting really average contemporary dancers and street performers.

Is this season worth checking out in terms of the talent?

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2022 8:15 PM

r9, I think so. I was pretty pleased with the selection of the Top 12. A few do stand out but I think they all have something to offer. Honestly, the street performers were my least favorite because they're the ones who struggled the most with other type of dances. This season they have at least a couple who have done other dances and done them well.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2022 8:27 PM

I loved cutie Evan Kasprzak. At the end, the final three did a really tough dance with flips and he was doing everything as well as the others.

I used to watch regularly years ago and it's cool to see some of the alumni on Bway and in movies now. I've only watched snippets this season, but it's still my favorite reality show of all time.

by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2022 8:32 PM

[quote]The last season I watched was the juniors version they did - which was actually quite good.

It featured Honey Boo-Boo and Tripp Palin, who had no talent and was forced to be on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2022 8:34 PM

Nigel: "You get a full scholarship to Debbie Allen School of Dance!"

Debbie Allen: WTF?

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2022 8:36 PM

Anyone remember when Ariana Debose was on?

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2022 8:40 PM

I refused to watch that Junior Season. That should've been a spin-off broadcast at a different time of the year rather than during the summer in place of the regularly broadcast show with ADULTS.

by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2022 8:40 PM

I still watch! I like Beau, but I imagine the season is Keaton's to win. JoJo has the heaviest lesbian voice I've ever heard!

by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2022 8:45 PM

R15 they paired the kids with past contestants including that beautiful Robert. Remember him?

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2022 8:50 PM

[quote][R15] they paired the kids with past contestants including that beautiful Robert. Remember him?

Robert and little JT Church ( now in Music Man), choreographed by Travis Wall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2022 9:07 PM

Remember this homoerotic classic? Travis wall did some really incredible work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2022 9:20 PM

The Kent-Neil dance was one of my absolute favorites. Also, apparently it was shade towards Travis' competitor/ex Ivan from his season of SYTYCD? Would've liked to watch that!

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2022 10:04 PM

As long as that don't bring back that damn greasy looking tired ass pretentious queen Tyce D'Orio (sp?) back as a judge/choreographer, I'm good. I couldn't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2022 10:18 PM

I watched from the first season up until they switched to a focus on hip-hop anything-goes dancing. Apparently it was to broaden the appeal of the show. I liked the original concept, in which the audience could learn a lot about the finer technical detail of various types of dancing.

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2022 10:56 PM

I haven't watched in years. It is now all barefoot flailing like used car lot sky dancers?

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2022 11:50 PM

Watching the top 12. Wow, they picked a fat queen over the immensely talented Sam McWilliams...obviously for the woke fans. The dances have been very dull so far and none has shown any spark of brilliance.

by Anonymousreply 24July 7, 2022 1:27 AM

I thought dancers were supposed to be thin and lithe. The guys look more like the defensive line of the Packers.

by Anonymousreply 25July 7, 2022 1:57 AM

[quote] I thought dancers were supposed to be thin and lithe.

That’s a good point. Didn’t the judges used to appropriately roll their eyes and look disgusted when a fat person auditioned? The clips would be shown for some good comedy, but the fat people were kept out of the competition.

by Anonymousreply 26July 7, 2022 3:52 AM

One thing about this season is that there's NO eye candy. I know some of you queens like the guy, whose name escapes me, who did the disco dance. He barely has a chin and is not good looking.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2022 1:50 AM

Tonight was rough. The whole thing just seems mediocre. Keaton did look awful-I think they actually took a curling iron to his hair!

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2022 2:34 AM

None of these dancers have "dancer bodies" and it sort of pisses me off. The two that went home last night were the closest to having a dancer's build, especially the male dancer. Beau's solo made me shudder. I just can't take him seriously. Carter, I want to slap that gay-face. Keaton, I would swallow his loads all day long.

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2022 8:42 PM

It's like the opposite of Grindr. Yes fats, yes fems.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2022 9:28 PM

I totally agree r29! No male eye candy AT ALL. It's really disappointing. I was celebrating the absence of Nigel Lythgoe but I do believe that he would've made sure some eye candy was selected. I'm okay with stocky men competing if they can dance but you need to mix in some eye candy in there.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2022 9:40 PM

Fat Carter dances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2022 10:02 PM

Beau will win this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2022 10:02 PM

Previous years' eye candy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2022 10:04 PM

Thank you for sharing that r34! That Ellenor and Jakob dance to "Tore my Heart", choreographed by Sonya Tayeh was one of my all time favorites. Jakob has an ass that would make my dick hard every time he danced.

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2022 10:20 PM

God this season is ROUGH.

by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2022 2:27 AM

... like, even the dancing is really sub par, which makes the lack of eye candy truly disappointing. I can tolerate listening to Susan Boyle, but if she sounded like Screech I would change the channel.

by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2022 2:36 AM

Heidi was the best in season 2 and Mia Michaels is a CUNT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2022 2:42 AM

From all accounts r38, Mia Michaels was a cunt but her choreography was beautiful. I also give her credit for sticking up for Evan Kasprzak (season 5) when Nigel and Mary was being so cunty towards him.

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2022 3:00 AM

Loved Mia Michaels. Most of us would have reacted to Heidi the same way Mia did. She had DL energy.

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2022 3:19 AM

Was she more of a cunt than many choreographers? Any specific stories?

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2022 5:09 AM

I can't believe Danny Tidwell died. It's so sad. He was incredibly talented. I remember seeing him dance with ABT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2022 6:00 AM

There have been fat dancers before. The guy in Season 2, and the fat flat footed pile of shit in Season 10.

The fat guy this season is next level crap. Makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2022 11:09 AM

I much preferred the short-lived Shut Up and Dance, created by Jerry Mitchell and hosted by DL fave Elizabeth Berkley. Cody was so handsome! 😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2022 11:22 AM

It sucks Travis wall was “cancelled.” I wonder how he’s supporting himself financially now.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2022 12:46 PM

r45, why was Travis Wall cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2022 1:30 PM

No. Of course we don't watch this shit. "Dance" is not dance.

by Anonymousreply 47July 15, 2022 1:33 PM

He lost all his jobs after this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 15, 2022 1:51 PM

We stopped watching after the first episode of the "Stage versus Street" season.

by Anonymousreply 49July 15, 2022 2:00 PM

I forgot about that, R49. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 50July 15, 2022 2:02 PM

If Travis "initiated sexual conversations, propositioned me for sex, sent me nude photos, sexually harassed me at work or engaged in sexual relationships with me." I would think I won the lottery! I'll fuck you HARD Travis Wall!

by Anonymousreply 51July 15, 2022 2:11 PM

Agreed r51. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 52July 15, 2022 2:18 PM

I agree too R51. I could spend all day eating that ass. Call me Travis!

by Anonymousreply 53July 15, 2022 2:53 PM

Robert Roldan choreographed a dance in this last episode. He's my very favorite of all the men of any season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 15, 2022 3:21 PM

Oh yes Robert is beautiful

by Anonymousreply 55July 15, 2022 3:59 PM

Just a reminder of what the show once was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 16, 2022 2:30 AM

Robert and his best dance partner, 10 yr old JT Church, who is now in " The Music Man," in a number choreographed by Travis Wall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 16, 2022 11:27 AM

Like many such shows, the casting is less for talent and more for social statement.

by Anonymousreply 58July 16, 2022 11:31 AM

This was the best. Love Cody

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 16, 2022 12:25 PM

The fat guy will win this year. No question. It's another Bobby Bones situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 16, 2022 2:18 PM

I loved Lex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 16, 2022 3:27 PM

This show used to be iconic. So many of the dances are burned in my brain.

Now they are casting fat people? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 62July 16, 2022 4:05 PM

Ricky Ubeda: truly one of the best dancers to appear on this show and my personal all time favorite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 16, 2022 4:38 PM

LOVED Ricky. Remember his solo to “skin and bones?”

by Anonymousreply 64July 16, 2022 4:51 PM

Here you go r64!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 16, 2022 5:05 PM

Thank you!! God he was great

by Anonymousreply 66July 16, 2022 6:14 PM

Best numbers. Image gone, but the rest is there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 16, 2022 6:54 PM

Missing # 5 on the list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 16, 2022 6:55 PM

r68, truly one of the best SYTYCD dances ever. I was heartbroken when Alex Wong had a season ending injury. He could've won that season.

by Anonymousreply 69July 16, 2022 6:57 PM

So Travis and Nick sexually harassed a tranny?

by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2022 9:40 PM

R 69, yes, he would have won that season, but he ended up in the OBC of " Newsies."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2022 9:58 PM

I see Alex Wong from time to time out in NY. He is adorable and seems very sweet.

Anyone else remember Alison Holker and Travis Wall in the moment linked below when she gets voted off (fast forward to the end of the package - although all her solos are lovely)? I sure do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2022 9:59 PM

Tonight's the NIGHT! (OP trying to drum up excitement for something no one give fuck-all about!)

by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2022 4:16 PM

Tonight they’re bringing All-Stars for the Top 6 so hopefully for the FIRST time this season, we’ll have some eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 74July 20, 2022 4:43 PM

r69, Alex really wowed us with his footwork and his ability to let go of that balletic posture with that routine. We were also crushed when he got injured during his Bollywood number. He seems to have a pretty good social following, so I hope he's doing well.

No love for Hawaiian Hottie Mark Kanemura?

by Anonymousreply 75July 20, 2022 8:59 PM

I always thought Mark was overrated. But then he ended up dancing for Lady Gaga right?

by Anonymousreply 76July 20, 2022 9:02 PM

SO YOU THINK YOU CANNED ANTS?

by Anonymousreply 77July 20, 2022 9:18 PM

r75, I love Mark Kanemura. He was competing the same season as current judge Twitch. Mark had one of the best auditions I've ever seen. He did his own choreographed dance to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. It was awesome. He also choreographed one of the best dances I've ever seen on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 20, 2022 9:58 PM

Last night's pairing with the All Stars gave an even greater contrast between the bodies of real dancers and these pretenders. They are down to the final six, none of whom could have gotten this far during any other season. The men are all fat! The women are hefty for dancers. It was most evident with the pairing of the obese Beau and the fabulous Lex, who did all of the dance moves, while Beau looked like a fat person slipping on ice.

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2022 12:19 PM

We've seen the Beau-Lex pairing before on DWTS Junior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2022 12:22 PM

Essence has deserved to go for a long time. So has Beau. What they are putting out there has nothing to do with the results so far and it's really aggravating.

by Anonymousreply 81July 21, 2022 7:12 PM

Also, the fact that you don't have to look like a traditional dancer to dance well and be entertaining is well represented by Keaton. Why do they think they have to keep Beau to make this point? Is it all JoJo's influence?

by Anonymousreply 82July 21, 2022 7:19 PM

Great point r82! I'm in the be careful what you wish for camp. As much as I don't miss Nigel and Mary, there wouldn't be both a Beau and Keaton in the line up if they were selecting the dancers. Quite frankly, I thought the dancers that Beau and Keaton got selected over were better dancers and easier on the eyes. Beau's dance last night was painful to watch for the reasons r79 stated so well. Lex is one of the best dancers that show has ever had. He was my favorite his season. Let's face it. Lex did all the work in that dance. Beau was a moving prop. The audience is trying to tell the judges something. If Beau ends up in the bottom 3 next week, he needs to go.

I have a feeling Nigel will be back next season.

by Anonymousreply 83July 21, 2022 7:46 PM

Just a few seconds of the performance is enough to say that Beau is not a dancer and shouldn't even be on this show. Lex is brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 21, 2022 7:52 PM

I understand the intention of the message they're trying to send with Beau and Keaton's selection. You don't have to have the traditional dancer's body to be a good dancer. Keaton's a good dancer even though he was selected over better, and yeah I'll say it, more hotter looking auditioning dancers. Beau's not a bad dancer but he's out of his league in this show.

Btw, I think Twitch is a great judge. I was never a Leah Remini (sp?) fan but compared to most guest judges, I think she's doing a great job. JoJo is annoying as fuck. That voice alone.

by Anonymousreply 85July 21, 2022 7:59 PM

That really is unfair to put Beau with lean ole' Lex. Whoever said Beau looked like a fat person slipping on the ice, you're KILLING ME with that analogy. SO RIGHT ON! When Beau falls to the floor, you can see his belly shake. God bless him, but I don't want to see a dancer like that on national TV. During the audition first two episodes when Beau danced I actually closed my eyes until it was over.

by Anonymousreply 86July 21, 2022 8:02 PM

Sam McWilliams was cut in favor of Beau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 21, 2022 8:37 PM

Even as a young teen, Sam ( in front) was better than Beau could ever hope to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 21, 2022 8:42 PM

Thanks r87. WOW! They selected Beau over this guy? SERIOUSLY? Sam's a much better dancer and much easier on the eyes. Don't get me wrong. I don't think heavy set people can't dance but in a show like this, the dancing just looks better with leaner bodies. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 89July 21, 2022 8:42 PM

[quote] As long as that don't bring back that damn greasy looking tired ass pretentious queen Tyce D'Orio (sp?) back as a judge/choreographer, I'm good. I couldn't stand him.

Wasn't there some sexual harassment scandal?

by Anonymousreply 90July 21, 2022 8:49 PM

Beau actually surprised me. He's way better than I ever expected he would be.

SYTYCD always tends to move away from the lyrical dancers. Maybe they're a dime a dozen. Maybe they tend to be less masculine.

Whatever reason, the show prefers male dancers in other areas.

by Anonymousreply 91July 21, 2022 8:51 PM

Remember how horrible Tyce D'orio was in the Chorus Line documentary "every little step?"

He refused to do the assigned choreography in the audition and kept adding onto it IIRC. Came off like a total asshole.

by Anonymousreply 92July 21, 2022 8:53 PM

Next time instead of closing my eyes when Beau dances I'm going to bury my face in Sam McWilliams's hairy pit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 21, 2022 8:55 PM

Oh I do remember r92. I remember seeing this at the theater and how the audience would groan whenever Tyce showed his ass. One of my favorite scenes was either the show's director or producer calling Tyce's agent and just laying it on the line about how difficult Tyce was being. He's such a arrogant bitch.

by Anonymousreply 94July 21, 2022 9:01 PM

Yes r94!! He was so out of line!

by Anonymousreply 95July 21, 2022 9:22 PM

Yes, he was a great dancer but sabotaged his career by being an asshole and a sexual predator apparently

by Anonymousreply 96July 21, 2022 9:32 PM

I googled Tyce D'Orio and sexual harrassment but came up with nothing. Anyone have a link to share?

by Anonymousreply 97July 21, 2022 9:37 PM

Wade Robson had alleged he was abused by MJ. He was a regular choreographer on SYTYCD.

by Anonymousreply 98July 21, 2022 9:47 PM

So weird about googling Tyce. Not alot comes up at all.

Was the sex scandal scrubbed from the internet. Even his Wiki page is strangely bare

by Anonymousreply 99July 21, 2022 9:50 PM

I don’t really remember hearing that about Tyce. Was more just that he was a raging ass and seemed sort of unstable?

by Anonymousreply 100July 21, 2022 10:24 PM

Keaton has an unusual body for a dancer, but he can keep up with the choreography and is at times pretty entertaining He's acceptable for this show which has not always picked the best dancer, but "America's favorite dancer" has always been at least a certain level.

Beau is another story. He's not terrible, but he's lacking a lot of training or didn't pick up much from his training. I don't care which and can't be bothered to research his background. He's simply not up to the level of this show.

Essence doesn't get enough criticism in this thread. She's not up to the level of this show. She should have been sent home weeks ago.

It's crazy that someone like Thiago got sent home so early, yet Essence and Beau remain.

by Anonymousreply 101July 21, 2022 10:58 PM

Tyce in " Every Little Step."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 22, 2022 11:48 AM

R102 thank you. What madness!!

by Anonymousreply 103July 22, 2022 1:27 PM

R102, hilarious when a middling performer thinks he's a star already

by Anonymousreply 104July 22, 2022 1:55 PM

I like football player dude for the win on SYTYCD.

The show loves "masculine" male dancers. This guy is strong, handsome, and yes, a fantastic dancer.

by Anonymousreply 105July 22, 2022 1:56 PM

I HATE when no one goes home! I hate it when there's a double "sasahy, you BOTH stay, too"! This last show was cruel pairing some of them with the all stars. Also, Leah's belt was so high it made her boobs like like Carol Burnett's when she did that slack breasted dowager character. I did like when she said DAMN YOU to the choreographer for making her get the feels. This season is a snooze though. Keaton for the WIN!

by Anonymousreply 106July 22, 2022 5:36 PM

r106, that was Carol Burnett as Nora Desmond, her take on Norma Desmond from the classic film noir SUNSET BOULEVARD. LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 107July 22, 2022 6:09 PM

Beau should have been axed for his lack of dance skills.

by Anonymousreply 108July 22, 2022 6:24 PM

YES! Leah last night!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 22, 2022 6:39 PM

Beau is actually pretty good. He's chubby, but has great technique

by Anonymousreply 110July 22, 2022 7:36 PM

Please. Technique cannot overcome line and form overshadowed by sheet weight.

by Anonymousreply 111July 22, 2022 8:08 PM

Real dancers with great technique. This is what dancing is supposed to look like, not the faux dancing on this year's SYTYCD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 22, 2022 8:14 PM

The best word to describe this season is lackluster, from the dancers to the choreography to the judging. (Leah Remini? Really?) Even Cat Deely seems to be phoning it in. I'm glad Simon is gone but the judges table needs some authority there.

by Anonymousreply 113July 22, 2022 8:41 PM

r113, I think Leah Remini is pretty good compared to past guest judges and I say that as someone who was never a Leah fan. I do agree about Cat Deely. I thought it was just me. I still think she's the best and most underrated reality-competition host on TV but her energy is not the same. Also, I think you meant Nigel instead of Simon.

by Anonymousreply 114July 22, 2022 9:15 PM

Football dude is hot and a gorgeous dancer to boot.

by Anonymousreply 115July 22, 2022 11:37 PM

Why has Cat not been able to move past this show to something bigger?

by Anonymousreply 116July 22, 2022 11:38 PM

Football dude has serious butter face but he can dance.

by Anonymousreply 117July 23, 2022 12:27 AM

Can't stand Jo Jo.

by Anonymousreply 118July 23, 2022 1:38 AM

The praise for Beau during the auditions was that the judges couldn't keep their eyes off him. But it always seems to me that's because he's always dancing like he's trying to catch up and is at best a half step off.

His being in the bottom 3 times and the routine with Lex totally justified his being sent home

by Anonymousreply 119July 24, 2022 10:19 PM

I've seen this show enough to know that based on their comments, the judges are intentionally trying to get Beau eliminated, especially Twitch.

by Anonymousreply 120July 28, 2022 1:27 AM

Beau honey, you're going home tonight. Keaton really is the best dancer this season.

by Anonymousreply 121July 28, 2022 1:51 AM

Haven't watched the show since this season.

Good times...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 28, 2022 1:56 AM

I bet football player guy is a hot, flexible bottom

by Anonymousreply 123July 28, 2022 7:45 PM

There was a moment when Keaton's nip slipped in rehearsal and I just wanted to lick it. I'm so happy to see Beau go home. He did NOT LIKE when Twitch gave him some feedback- he turned into an angry gay. I'm also glad I don't have to hear Carter speak again. Every time he talked blood would spray from my ears. So GO KEATON- HOT FLEXIBLE BOTTOM!

by Anonymousreply 124July 29, 2022 3:00 PM

I’m glad Beau went home as well but as far as how he responded to Twitch’s criticism, I’m going to defend him on that. Beau saw the writing on the wall and knew the judges were working to get him eliminated. They shouldn’t had picked him in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 125July 29, 2022 3:07 PM

Yes, that's the problem with these shows. So much of the "judging" is about getting a desired result rather than offering an honest critique.

by Anonymousreply 126July 29, 2022 11:24 PM

Agree r136.

by Anonymousreply 127July 29, 2022 11:29 PM

I meant r126.

by Anonymousreply 128July 29, 2022 11:29 PM

JoJo’s a bitch! She’s trying to get Essence eliminated. I rather have Leah Remini back next season than that damn JoJo.

by Anonymousreply 129August 4, 2022 1:27 AM

Semi FINAL! We just started watching. All we have left to look at is Keaton. And Twitch who I think is sex on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 130August 4, 2022 1:55 AM

Whom

by Anonymousreply 131August 4, 2022 3:10 AM

Does the show really think we believe the studio audience is actually voting? Because I don't. Even if they are, the producers are pulling 95% of the strings (as they most likely always have). It's been Keaton's to lose ever since his audition (and rightly so).

by Anonymousreply 132August 8, 2022 8:44 PM

Great point r132!

by Anonymousreply 133August 8, 2022 8:46 PM

18:38: Keaton reveals that he fell in love with " someone", then uses " they." Don't straight men usually refer to their loves as " She"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 8, 2022 10:04 PM

If the eliminations were based solely on the audience vote, I'd say that the audience wasn't really voting. But since the judges/show producers are mostly still selecting which dancers go off the show, I'm thinking there is an audience vote that's used as more of guidance on who the viewing audience is responing to.

The seasons are now so short that it really doesn't matter to the show which dancer they give the prize money to.

by Anonymousreply 135August 9, 2022 4:57 AM

R135 And the episodes feel so short.

by Anonymousreply 136August 9, 2022 4:58 AM

I don’t like Keaton shirtless. His pink nipples remind me of albino eyes

by Anonymousreply 137August 10, 2022 2:33 AM

R137 wins this thread!-OP

by Anonymousreply 138August 10, 2022 2:48 PM

Only audience votes for the winner; no public vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 10, 2022 2:58 PM

Alexis is wiping the floor with Keaton. His shape doesn't allow for clear lines and he's made mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 140August 11, 2022 1:50 AM

About to watch!-OP

by Anonymousreply 141August 11, 2022 1:59 AM

r140, Keaton will more than likely win anyway. That’s why I didn’t bother to watch. Those judges will make damn sure Keaton wins.

by Anonymousreply 142August 11, 2022 2:07 AM

What is that called when you’re hot only far away? This is Carter. And his SHIMMY!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 143August 11, 2022 2:22 AM

Jo Jo sounds like she eats lit cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 144August 11, 2022 2:40 AM

r144, I really hope they don’t bring that bitch back next season. I rather have Leah Remini back than her.

by Anonymousreply 145August 11, 2022 2:48 AM

AND THE WINNER IS…WHAT??!!?!!

by Anonymousreply 146August 11, 2022 2:59 AM

It wasn't very close.

by Anonymousreply 147August 11, 2022 3:32 AM

For a final contestant, Keaton was the weakest I have ever seen. Can the producers stop going with these chunky men who are incapable of executing proper line. Once again his weakness really showed in his duo with Lex, a real dancer with real technique.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 11, 2022 12:11 PM

Keaton is straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 11, 2022 1:31 PM

This was the most lackluster and disappointing season ever. Thiago was the only one talented enough to even make the live shows and he went out early. No one else would have even been selected in the past. The judges were awful. The format was awful having the studio audience "vote" for who went through (aka the producers chose). Beau was a joke and a travesty. This was a series I looked forward to every summer but now...ugh.

by Anonymousreply 150August 11, 2022 2:34 PM

Is the OP married to Alyssa Edwards?!?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 151August 11, 2022 2:35 PM

You didn't like the " body positive" season? Neither did I. And get rid of fucking JoJo.

by Anonymousreply 152August 11, 2022 2:36 PM

OP here...no R151, that is so random. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 153August 11, 2022 2:38 PM

I was embarrassed for Keaton when he announced that he had a girlfriend. He had a crazed look in his eye, the crazed look of someone getting laid for the first time. I think he was focusing more on his newly acquired pussy than dancing. He did a shitty job. CRAZED LOOK!

by Anonymousreply 154August 11, 2022 2:52 PM

It was embarrassing, but I think he was caught up in the moment. The comments abut the season are devastating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 11, 2022 3:05 PM

It was an awful season, in every and any way.

by Anonymousreply 156August 14, 2022 8:50 PM

I went back and looked at random SYTYCD dances. Not the classics previously discussed, but just random dances from the earlier seasons. Wow. Good reminder that the "worst" then was still way better than most of the dances this season.

by Anonymousreply 157August 15, 2022 2:50 PM

Keaton was cute when I first saw him and even he got boring.

by Anonymousreply 158August 15, 2022 11:04 PM

If Nathan Fillion and Chris Pratt had a baby, he would look like Keaton.

by Anonymousreply 159August 26, 2022 1:14 AM

I used to love it but as with all the talent shows, over time, it lost its novelty. Every paso doble and almost every Latin dance and swing dance are the same. Only the costumes and the dancers change, and the routine routines got old to me.

I used to be moved by a lot of the contemporary dances, but something weird happened after one choreographer won an Emmy for doing a dance in someone's memory, and then all the choreographers were vying for Emmys with "very special dances" about cancer, etc.

by Anonymousreply 160August 26, 2022 1:44 AM

This season should be the last one if anything. I can’t imagine any talented dancer wanting to participate

by Anonymousreply 161August 28, 2022 6:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!