Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Finnish PM leading the people in Helsinki Pride

Traditional Finnish embroidery pattern and everything. Fabulous bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 24, 2022 2:51 PM

Here she is with the Swedish Prime Minister. Love the leather coat. Like the Swedish PM's coat too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 3, 2022 8:17 PM

Stylish and classy. And a beauty. Points.

by Anonymousreply 2July 3, 2022 8:18 PM

r1 I remember when that meeting happened because I feel in love with that blue coat instantly. It's so nice.

by Anonymousreply 3July 3, 2022 8:37 PM

Why are our pols so ugly?

USA

by Anonymousreply 4July 3, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote]Why are our pols so ugly? USA

The blame can be laid right at the pointy little feet of the Keebler elves.

by Anonymousreply 5July 3, 2022 9:04 PM

Who’s that perky nipped guy on the left?

by Anonymousreply 6July 3, 2022 9:36 PM

Who is the young guy in the back on the right with the impressive bulge?

by Anonymousreply 7July 3, 2022 9:41 PM

r6 Security, I think.

by Anonymousreply 8July 3, 2022 9:57 PM

I'd like to ask him his name, R6. Then I'd massage his nipples and thighs after the walk...

by Anonymousreply 9July 3, 2022 10:37 PM

She grew up in a lesbian family. Her father left and her mother fell in love with a woman. She said she was very happy marching, it is very important to her also for personal reason and she is celebrating civil right and equality.

by Anonymousreply 10July 3, 2022 10:41 PM

The PM has a bit of a Bond girl look going here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 3, 2022 11:17 PM

Better link for R11 here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2022 11:19 PM

I'm proud to be 7% Finnish this week.

by Anonymousreply 13July 3, 2022 11:21 PM

I'm 50%, r13.

by Anonymousreply 14July 3, 2022 11:31 PM

Oi fit Finn!

by Anonymousreply 15July 4, 2022 1:13 AM

She's rather dark for a Finn.

by Anonymousreply 16July 4, 2022 1:44 AM

I love that Finnish is an agglutinive language mainly stressed on each word's first syllable, so that the Finnish translation of this post title would probably come out arranged somehow fabulously like, "People-Helsinki-Pride-of-by-Prime-Minister-who-is-Finnish-be-leading. :D

by Anonymousreply 17July 4, 2022 3:34 AM

"She's rather dark for a Finn."

Vikings and Arabs traded slaves.

by Anonymousreply 18July 4, 2022 3:50 AM

She's very pretty

by Anonymousreply 19July 4, 2022 4:02 AM

How hard is it for an American to relocate to Finland?

by Anonymousreply 20July 4, 2022 4:21 AM

Western Europe has such liberal, progressive politicians and here in the US we have asshole Republicans who want to take us 100 years back to the past.

by Anonymousreply 21July 4, 2022 4:39 AM

My friend went for a long weekend mini break in Helsinki and ended up leaving early because he ran out of things to do.

by Anonymousreply 22July 4, 2022 6:04 AM

A friend of mine just came back from Helsinki. He said it was very nice but like it was always1996. Not really sure what he meant.

by Anonymousreply 23July 4, 2022 11:33 AM

I wish there were more threads like this on DL.

by Anonymousreply 24July 4, 2022 11:35 AM

Helsinki's Burger King has a sauna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 4, 2022 11:57 AM

At the Ruisrock rock festival this weekend. God damn, she looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2022 10:29 PM

[quote]A friend of mine just came back from Helsinki. He said it was very nice but like it was always1996.

The dream of the '90s is alive in... Helsinki?

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2022 10:34 PM

Huge debate in Finland right now after a video of her partying it up leaked yesterday. Some in the opposition are demanding she be tested for drugs.

[quote]"I have danced, sung, celebrated, done legal things," Marin told reporters on Thursday morning in Kuopio, a city on the eastern border near Russia, where her MPs are meeting for their annual summer conference.

[quote]"I have a family life, a work life and also my free time, and I spend time with my friends", said Marin, who also mentioned her official security detail was stationed nearby when the party took place, although they weren't inside the event.

[quote]"I have nothing to conceal or hide" she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2022 1:40 PM

I see a bulge and a nipple.

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2022 1:47 PM

So what are we thinking?

Ludes? Tina?

by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2022 1:49 PM

How very dare they. It's white supremacy if white people celebrate cultural pride. It is not permitted.

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2022 1:52 PM

OMG R28.... a Finnish person.... who DRINKS???

by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2022 1:55 PM

The chick on the right of the PM here is a photographer who also took the photo at r26 and can be seen in the party video as well. She seems like a bad influence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2022 1:55 PM

Love her badass fashion sense, and how much she looks like Queen Maeve in that b&w Insta pic.

by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2022 2:06 PM

She did nothing wrong but her so called friend did when she published those pictures from a private party. I would say she needs to be more careful with her company.

by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2022 2:24 PM

My mother was 100% Finnish (born in Minnesota to Finnish immigrants) and always looked neatly dressed even doing housework. Nylons and high heels whenever she left the house, including to the grocery store. Her weight never varied by so much as a pound--slim but curvy. She didn't speak Finnish although her older siblings did and were forbidden to do so in school back in the day. She did tell us about SISU though, and it describes her perfectly, emphasis on 'grim stress management'.

[quote] Sisu is extraordinary determination in the face of extreme adversity, and courage that is presented typically in situations where success is unlikely. It expresses itself in taking action against the odds, and displaying courage and resoluteness in the face of adversity; in other words, deciding on a course of action, and then adhering to it even if repeated failures ensue. It is in some ways similar to equanimity, though sisu entails an element of grim stress management.

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2022 2:26 PM

Have you guys seen the video of Boris Johnson dancing at his wedding? It's the most cringeworthy stuff I've seen in a while.

If I had to choose between Sanna Marin representing me and this clown, I would choose the hot Finn.

The Finns are lucky to have her as their PM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2022 8:22 PM

Every time I see a LEftist politician in Pride, pretty sure they are about to dis out some tranny policy that flushes gays and lesbians under the toilet

by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2022 8:34 PM

Painful vid, r37

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2022 8:40 PM

That's an ugly dress. It's traditional and all that but it needs a redo. Doesn't Finland have a decent designer?

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2022 9:10 PM

Warms my heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2022 10:57 PM

I’m sure she’s great, but this Finnish PM never had to take drugs to get freaky with another lady…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2022 11:06 PM

The thing that stands out for me with the stupid Finnish PM video is this: I get wanting to cut loose once and a while. Have a social life, etc. But she makes herself an easy, vulnerable target for being compromised if she’s known to party. She might not care, but Finland probably should. Especially being next door neighbors with Russia and all. I don’t mean rape or anything, I just mean, have the people she’s hanging with been vetted? Are they trustworthy? If your so-called private video ends up in the public view, probably not.

by Anonymousreply 43August 19, 2022 12:15 AM

Jesus Christ R43! Why don’t you go offer the Finns your security consultancy services already!

by Anonymousreply 44August 19, 2022 12:31 AM

I'm suspicious of people who look conventionally attractive in politics. I assume they're dumb.

by Anonymousreply 45August 19, 2022 12:34 AM

R44: don’t you have a grease fire to perish in somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 46August 19, 2022 1:01 AM

My security consultancy services would involve chastising fraus for no hats, gloves, or hose. This would weed out a lot of undesirables in the workplace, such as women.

- Checkmate!

by Anonymousreply 47August 19, 2022 1:23 AM

Sanna Marin dancing with friends. Not sure why this is such a big deal, although the press is sticking with the story so maybe there is more detail that hasn’t been made public yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2022 7:32 PM

Covered at r28 already. she's taken a drug test since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2022 7:37 PM

I think it's a big deal because it's looked like a party where recreational drugs are used and it's probably not ideal for the leader of a country to be on Molly if a national crisis hits in the middle of the night. In the past they had problems because she was exposed to Covid and when they tried to reach her to tell her to quarantine she was at a party and could not be reached for several hours. she promised after that to cut down a little bit. On the other hand I don't think this hurts her with the people. She looks like she was having fun and I'm guessing that the Finnish people are less concerned about her getting kissed on the neck from a person other than her husband than us Americans would be.

by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2022 7:41 PM

If I have to choose between Sanna Marin dancing and having fun with her friends or 🤡 Boris Johnson dancing at his wedding. Sanna Marin wins this contest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 20, 2022 8:30 PM

As long as she gets the job done and is not a crackhead like that Canadian politician then there's no issue. This is a private party and most likely her friends phones were most likely hacked to embarrass her. I hope her friends are not that stupid to post private videos online. She'll be fine...they don't have elections until next year.

by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2022 8:41 PM

I don't think hacking was involved, one of her statements made it sound like she was disappointed that the person filming them posted the video online. Something about being more careful about what kind of company she keeps in the future.

by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2022 8:46 PM

Shitler and his cronies are leaking this stuff as retaliation for the visa ban and Finland joining NATO. This shit may have worked in 2016, but we see right through these shenanigans now.

by Anonymousreply 54August 20, 2022 8:48 PM

R54 is right that it’s being ginned up by extremists.

She should have a no phone policy in her private social get-togethers—that just goes with the territory of being a politician.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2022 9:20 PM

I agree, R55, check your phone at the door. Let's hope she learns her lesson about who she lets in her friend circle.

I saw this hilarious video of world leaders dancing in public and private...of course Boris Johnson leads the pack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 20, 2022 9:31 PM

I wonder how many queens told her the shoes don't match the dress.

by Anonymousreply 57August 20, 2022 9:34 PM

Her drug test came back negative. However, there's now more controversy with the leak of this lesbionic photo taken in her downstairs guest toilets in July after the Ruisrock festival (r26).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 23, 2022 6:04 PM

She has now apologised.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 23, 2022 6:04 PM

Love and want her dress! Heee-eeey!

by Anonymousreply 60August 23, 2022 6:08 PM

The drug test came back negative. Yet another Putin nothingburger.

by Anonymousreply 61August 23, 2022 6:11 PM

This bitch is nuts. The gays are Yassss Kweening her, but sitting on the edge of their sit waiting for her to implode.

by Anonymousreply 62August 23, 2022 6:19 PM

Wow, you got to love how even her being criticized for all this will be called sexism, yet if a man acted like this they’d be calling to oust him immediately.

by Anonymousreply 63August 23, 2022 6:21 PM

To think men step down in politics for private, consensual affairs and this loon is pulling her tits out and acting crazy like a goddamn animal or something.

by Anonymousreply 64August 23, 2022 6:23 PM

You couldn't just say all that at once, you had to comment three times in a row? Someone here is messy and it ain't her.

by Anonymousreply 65August 23, 2022 6:25 PM

R65 yassssss kween

by Anonymousreply 66August 23, 2022 6:55 PM

First world problems...

by Anonymousreply 67August 23, 2022 7:03 PM

I don't really have a problem with a 36yo woman going out and having fun with her friends at a club or festival. I do wonder how her husband feels about his wife dancing closely with several men and sitting on their labs though. If they have an open relationship, good for them. If they are monogamous, this is quite inappropriate, embarrassing and humiliating for him, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 68August 23, 2022 7:40 PM

He might be into cucking, you never know.

by Anonymousreply 69August 23, 2022 7:44 PM

*laps of course

by Anonymousreply 70August 23, 2022 7:48 PM

She seems like she has a dual personality...very buttoned up at work and able to get shit done. Then a party animal with no concerns or limits in her private life. Let's hope she can keep her private life out of the papers from now until elections next year.

by Anonymousreply 71August 23, 2022 8:09 PM

R71 basically any professional gay man

by Anonymousreply 72August 23, 2022 8:15 PM

New photos of two influencers topless at her official residence while she was at a music festival appeared. She surely does have some questionable friends. And why are influencers alone at her official residence when she isn't home? Not so sure anymore if she'll survive this.

by Anonymousreply 73August 23, 2022 8:17 PM

What is this person really like?

Do they have any talent? Do they have more talent than Jacinta Ardern?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 23, 2022 10:44 PM

I think it's hilarious that DL pretends to give a shit about Finland. And I have relatives there. It's still Finland. Nothing matters in Finland or any of the Nordic countries. Not one of you bitches will ever go there, and for good reason, although Finland is miles superior to Norway, make no mistake. The Finns aren't nearly as supercilious.

by Anonymousreply 75August 23, 2022 11:55 PM

No, not true!

I adore Sibelius.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 24, 2022 12:05 AM

[quote]Nothing matters in Finland or any of the Nordic countries.

What a bizarre view of the world. Nothing matters in any single country, but together they all form an international community and so the littlest decisions affect you in some way as well, even if it's just a price of a certain random thing you buy in the grocery store.

Norway just fined Grindr $10 million in December for breaching their privacy laws and Grindr had to go to their knees begging for that to be reduced to $7 million, saying they couldn't afford to pay the full fine or they'll go bust. That in some form or another affects every single gay guy in the world who uses their app. But okay, nothing ever matters in the Nordic countries...

by Anonymousreply 77August 24, 2022 12:05 AM

[quote] Finland is miles superior to Norway

How superior, R75?

by Anonymousreply 78August 24, 2022 12:11 AM

Finland is the least known of the four Scandinavian countries. Estonia isn't included.

Finland has the weirdest entrants in that silly Eurovision song contest. Lots of Neanderthal headbangers? ? ?

An interesting language-- something like Japanese. Is this where Nokia phones come from? ?

Very cold, TOO cold!

by Anonymousreply 79August 24, 2022 12:14 AM

Sorry, but she’s starting to seem really trashy.

by Anonymousreply 80August 24, 2022 12:15 AM

She is a cool prez why can’t everyone have one like that

The Boris dances to sweet Caroline video is disturbing. first, it could’ve caused an earthquake second, old boy had a few and his new wife felt the need to protect a child from him falling or stepping on them, third, he knows how to use his weight I don’t know if anybody has seen the video of him bodyslamming a kid playing rugby. Not a good situation

by Anonymousreply 81August 24, 2022 12:23 AM

R78 For one thing Norway is disturbingly nationalistic due to the fact they were a Swedish colony for so long. Their history in WW2 is nothing to be proud of (Quisling) while the Finns were busy fighting off Russian forces in the Winter War and keeping Sweden and Norway safe. There is a constant neo-fascist element in Norway, the massacre of 70 children and young adults by a neo-Nazi being the most horrendous example.

Norwegians approach childrearing like a Darwinian struggle. They allow their children to be unsupervised outdoors (in fucking -30 temperatures and turn a blind eye to bullying. They act shocked when a kid turns up dead in a snowdrift.

by Anonymousreply 82August 24, 2022 12:33 AM

R64, how is going to a party any worse than having an affair? Misogynist creep

by Anonymousreply 83August 24, 2022 12:40 AM

The racist Republican has shown up at r31

by Anonymousreply 84August 24, 2022 12:41 AM

R77 You are right, I am wrong. I was being glib. Norway does matter, as it has a horrendous environmental record in regards to fossil fuels and excels at killing seals. Meanwhile they take the easy Scandinavian social position and declare they won't kill gays. GEE, THANKS.

by Anonymousreply 85August 24, 2022 12:48 AM

R85 Seals ≠ gays.

by Anonymousreply 86August 24, 2022 1:14 AM

What's up with the Finland bashing? Finland is a beautiful country with very hot and good looking men.

Check out their Finnish Matt Bomer equivalent Lauri Tilkanen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 24, 2022 1:40 AM

Hillary did it better!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 24, 2022 4:36 AM

Finland isn't in Scandinavia.

by Anonymousreply 89August 24, 2022 8:28 AM

^ It's adjacent

by Anonymousreply 90August 24, 2022 8:57 AM

What's the difference between Scandinavian and Nordic? Longitude, latitude or cultural differences?

by Anonymousreply 91August 24, 2022 11:04 AM

Finland in Scandinavia, Central Europe equaling Eastern Europe... I've across so many bizarre takes on DL, I'm starting to wonder what the fuck you gringos even do in your geography classes.

Imagine the meltdown if I referred to California as a flyover state.

by Anonymousreply 92August 24, 2022 11:09 AM

Dazzle us with your knowledge of Latin American geography and culture, r92. Please.

by Anonymousreply 93August 24, 2022 11:17 AM

Those friends of hers are not real friends that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 94August 24, 2022 11:21 AM

More talented at what, r74? Because there ain't no party like a Neo-liberal posing as left-wing progressive party... in the house!! Shicka shicka, everyone on the dance floor!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 24, 2022 11:32 AM

R91 Scandinavia is a subregion. Nordic is a region, consisting of Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Denmark) + Finland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands.

by Anonymousreply 96August 24, 2022 2:45 PM

R95 letting women vote and run for office was the downfall of the west.

by Anonymousreply 97August 24, 2022 2:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!