Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ukraine fatigue -- is it here yet?

Biden said this week that we must make the sacrifice (high gas prices) to maintain world order -- fend Russia down.

But how long will Americans remain pro-Ukraine? What is the pump price that breaks this?

by Anonymousreply 526November 13, 2022 3:20 PM

I would imagine that the average American doesn't even remember that there's an ongoing war in Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 1July 2, 2022 2:27 PM

Biden said Americans will continue to pay high gas prices for “as long as it takes.”

Really?? Not to mention the BILLIONS of dollars he continues to pour down that rabbit hole. Where is all that $$ coming from anyway? Who’s really paying for all this, and for how long? This war will drag on for YEARS. $40 billion here, another $2 billion every time Zelenskyyy gets on the phone with Biden crying ‘We need MOOOORE!’ and it’s never enough, they ALWAYS want MORE!

I’m about done with the whole mess.

by Anonymousreply 2July 2, 2022 2:28 PM

I hope not. I don’t even know why we call things “war crimes “ if the world just sits back and watches. I remember when people said, “Never again” but apparently they didn’t mean it. What would it take? Gassing people in showers and burning their bodies in ovens?

by Anonymousreply 3July 2, 2022 2:32 PM

How much money sent to Ukraine has been stolen and misused?

by Anonymousreply 4July 2, 2022 2:32 PM

It's here, OP. I don't think we wish harm on the Ukrainian people but we're tired of it. R4, I wonder the same thing.

R2 The money is being skimmed from the 'infrastucture' money that Secty Pete was relying on to rebuild our bridges, airports, and sewer systems. The US is falling apart trying to prove to the rest of the world what good guys we are.

by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2022 5:12 PM

All the European countries are also supplying a lot of money & equipment. It’s not just the US.

by Anonymousreply 6July 2, 2022 10:37 PM

No. No one I know is fatigued. I don't care if I have to bike to work. There is a telegram post out today of a Russian wife laughing about her husband slitting Ukranian civilian throats. When asked about it the soldier said "Where else would I get to do this" They both then laughed. Rising petrol costs is a cost I will suck up and take. For Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 7July 2, 2022 10:56 PM

like obama did it before him biden has been destroying america for china. period.

prepare for disaster.

by Anonymousreply 8July 2, 2022 11:22 PM

r7 is an indoctrinated cocksucktress of biden.

by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2022 11:23 PM

Deploring & condemning war crimes = sucking Biden’s cock? Wow!!

by Anonymousreply 10July 3, 2022 11:49 AM

Troll nest - thread blocked.

by Anonymousreply 11July 3, 2022 12:12 PM

[quote] fend Russia down

What language is this maladroitly translated from?

by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2022 12:15 PM

It's over. People need to get on with their lives. Time to move on.

Oh, wait. Have I got the right thread? Is this the COVID thread?

by Anonymousreply 13July 3, 2022 12:45 PM

I think some people learned a bit more about the supposed Disney fairytale they were being told about the conflict (one side pure good, the other pure evil), and it disenchanted them from continuing to follow along.

Also, everyone's moved on to Roe and January 6.

by Anonymousreply 14July 4, 2022 12:53 AM

People don't want nuance. They dislike cognitive dissonance.

January 6 is much easier to follow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 4, 2022 12:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 4, 2022 12:59 AM

The complicated truth is breaking through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 4, 2022 2:40 AM

Why were we told by US MSM that Ukraine was winning the war, when clearly that is not the case?

by Anonymousreply 18July 4, 2022 5:27 AM

So you wouldn't get too ass mad over the $50 billion funds transfer from American pockets to Ukrainian oligarchs, R18.

Nazis against Russians is a tough fight to sell to the people you want to fleece.

by Anonymousreply 19July 4, 2022 5:29 AM

We'll be sending billions more. I'm sure Bechtel and Halliburton will be pleased.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 4, 2022 7:01 AM

They need $750 billion. Pay up, American taxpayers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2022 5:12 AM

France 24 being quite honest, showing that locals support Russia. Shocking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2022 5:52 AM

The war in Ukraine risks turning into a protracted conflict that Russia will eventually win, a leading think-tank has said.

The report by the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) ( founded 1831 by the Duke of Wellington ) warned that current Russian advantages and Ukrainian weaknesses are leading to a style of conflict that favours Moscow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2022 4:32 PM

Putin speaking sense about Finland and Sweden joining NATO. This is actually a much more coherent argument than Western media is making based on pure speculation about what Russia wants and doesn't want.

We've gone from "Russia wanted to conquer Ukraine within 3 days" and "Russia doesn't have the resources to wage war for more than 10 days" and "Ukraine is winning the war" to a complete 180.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 7, 2022 3:05 PM

Also Biden fatigue.

by Anonymousreply 25July 7, 2022 3:08 PM

So many Putin-lovers here. It’s sickening. DL has really jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 26July 7, 2022 3:12 PM

Even if Russia "wins" they lose. They just don't have the resources to occupy/absorb the whole country. And if they try, there will be non-stop guerrilla warfare with puppet Russian leaders in Ukraine getting blown to bits left and right. No one in Ukraine will accept Russia as their overlords - beyond the areas that already do.

by Anonymousreply 27July 7, 2022 3:18 PM

Not fatigued, Borises.

by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2022 3:21 PM

You dickheads better learn the crab with a quickness.

Keep yo heels on the ground, or they know you American CIA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 7, 2022 3:34 PM

I bow to no one in my hatred of Putin. The man is pure evil. Not only is he a homophobe, he murders his own people in a false flag bombing (blaming the Chechens) and assassinates/poisons/imprisons anyone opposing him.

But we can't win by fighting him in the Ukraine. We can't beat him with sanctions. Of course there's fatigue, the U.S. has been at war since the dawn of the 21st century, not to mention we have our own homophobes and nazis and autocratic Russians to fight right here.

by Anonymousreply 30July 7, 2022 3:36 PM

R8, by saying the rest of the world should just let Putin grab Ukraine, you’re also giving permission for China to annex Taiwan.

Why do you love China so much?

by Anonymousreply 31July 7, 2022 3:57 PM

[quote]They just don't have the resources to occupy/absorb the whole country.

They've never wanted the whole country. That was just Western propaganda. Yes, propaganda. This is what you get when you non-discerning types unquestioningly consume just one side's media.

by Anonymousreply 32July 7, 2022 4:04 PM

Chechnyans are hawt to death.

I feel like if I got one, I could convert him to a white religion so he wouldn’t embarrass me at functions.

I bet they’re all tops!

by Anonymousreply 33July 7, 2022 4:40 PM

"They've never wanted the whole country. That was just Western propaganda. Yes, propaganda."

I love how you repeat yourself for DRAMATIC emphasis. //ary!!!!!

Putin absolutely entertained/does entertain the idea of dominating the whole country. And even if he just wants certain regions, it's still not going to work out how he intends.

I've got my links. Where are yours supporting this theory of *GASP* WESTERN PROPAGANDA.

Yes, PROPAGANDA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 7, 2022 6:19 PM

R34, that's Reuters reporting on what a Pentagon official says. That's propaganda.

Any piece that has a statement "according to" some government moutpiece is bullshit. On both sides.

by Anonymousreply 35July 7, 2022 6:28 PM

Russians and their incel fan club here: “Ukraine is fake country! Has only existed since 1991! It has no right to self-determination!”

Also Russians and incels: “Glorious and eternal (since 2014) Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics are totally not fake and must have sovereignty respected by entire world! Or else!”

by Anonymousreply 36July 7, 2022 7:47 PM

The Ukraine love affair will end when gas passes the six dollar mark in most states.

by Anonymousreply 37July 7, 2022 7:54 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, r37, но цена бензина в США уде падает.

by Anonymousreply 38July 7, 2022 8:35 PM

This doesn’t sound like someone who just wants to ensure the sovereignty of two Ukrainian regions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 8, 2022 1:03 AM

Gas prices are starting to go down.

by Anonymousreply 40July 8, 2022 2:37 AM

[quote]I've got my links. Where are yours supporting this theory of *GASP* WESTERN PROPAGANDA.

Notice never a single Russian source in these articles? No interviews or direct quotes of Putin, Lavrov or other Russian government sources, but Western media is happy to have "experts" living in DC, London or Berlin tell you exactly what's going on in Putin's head. It's journalistic malpractice for outlets like CNN and the BBC to host panel shows on this subject without dissenting points of view.

by Anonymousreply 41July 8, 2022 3:03 AM

Nobody gives a shit about Ukraine. It's way over.

by Anonymousreply 42July 8, 2022 3:06 AM

Several times in the last several months I've recommended people review what happened in the Soviet-Finland war and its final results. It very closely tracks the 2022 Ukraine war and the conclusion I expect to see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 8, 2022 3:20 AM

How many “dissenting opinions” are regularly featured on Russian TV? Keep in mind that referring to the war as “a war” is punishable by prison time.

by Anonymousreply 44July 8, 2022 3:27 AM

Im not taking sides at all but to say this could have been avoided. Nato Which really means the USA, chose to go to war rather than guarantee Russia that Ukraine would not be joining NatO. This is another war of Choice for the USA. We are willing to fight till the last Ukrainian. Who does this serve. Ask yourself that.

by Anonymousreply 45July 8, 2022 3:28 AM

By saying NATO is responsible for the war, you’re taking Putin’s side, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 46July 8, 2022 3:33 AM

Oh, and you used Putin’s exact words about “fighting to the last Ukrainian.” Not taking sides? Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 47July 8, 2022 3:35 AM

Maybe i'm a moron but if a bomb lands on your head it doesn't matter who dropped it or who is right. War is the enemy here and who does war serve who benefits that is the real question. War must be avoided and yes concessions must be made for that to occur The choice to go to war was made by all sides. Although NATO had an exit it chose not to take. It could have been avoided with concessions. That is a preferable outcome to people dying it's not perfect I agree. I think Putin is Horrible by the way.

by Anonymousreply 48July 8, 2022 4:08 AM

Putin started this war, r48. Ask him why he thinks it benefits him.

by Anonymousreply 49July 8, 2022 4:12 AM

The Rusbots are particularly idiotic tonight

by Anonymousreply 50July 8, 2022 4:13 AM

[quote]War must be avoided and yes concessions must be made for that to occur

Like Britain and France conceded Czechoslovakia to Hitler? Maybe the Poles should have just let Germany take their country without a fight, after all "War must be avoided", right?

by Anonymousreply 51July 8, 2022 6:01 AM

[quote]The choice to go to war was made by all sides. Although NATO had an exit it chose not to take. It could have been avoided with concessions.

This message brought to you by the GOP. You can bet if Republicans take the House and Senate in November the assistance from the US will be curtailed. Republicans adore Putin.

by Anonymousreply 52July 8, 2022 6:12 AM

I blame the gas companies. Prices vary by area in my city...redickulously! The price of oil goes down but gas prices don't. Fuck them and destroy Putin!!!

by Anonymousreply 53July 8, 2022 6:13 AM

The Cold War anti Russian propaganda still works wonders today in America.

by Anonymousreply 54July 8, 2022 12:40 PM

Good. Putin's Russians are lying hateful demons.

by Anonymousreply 55July 8, 2022 1:04 PM

I never cared about Ukraine or thought it was a wise decision for the US to be involved in the first place.

It is exhausting to constantly be proven right.

by Anonymousreply 56July 8, 2022 1:24 PM

People who are "fatigued" are selfish assholes. People are dying in Ukraine, civilians raped and their homes destroyed, and people are "tired" because their gas prices are too high. Wow.

Our ancestors would be ashamed of how decadent and ridiculous we've become. Our grandparents spent years in a war, rationing everything from food to shoes, to stop fascists from taking over democracies and apparently that means nothing 80 years on. Because gas is too expensive and walking is too hard.

Grow up people.

by Anonymousreply 57July 8, 2022 1:32 PM

R56, we all know the reason you love Putin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 8, 2022 3:47 PM

I wish the people of Ukraine well with their struggle and am sympathetic to their plight. But truthfully there was never a large appetite among the average American for US involvement.

by Anonymousreply 59July 8, 2022 4:31 PM

HI BORIS!!!!!

NICE TRY, THINKING THAT YOU'D GET PEOPLE HERE TO SUPPORT RUSSIA AND THEIR INSANITY....

HOW IS SVETLANA DOING?

by Anonymousreply 60July 8, 2022 4:39 PM

R59 correct, and that’s why the corporate media beat the war drum non-stop and kept lying that Ukraine was this close to winning.

by Anonymousreply 61July 8, 2022 4:43 PM

Putin started the war. Ukraine was no threat to him, but he attacked anyway.

Those are the facts.

Good thing you “bOtH sIdEs” morons didn’t prevail during World War II, andernfalls würden wir alle jetzt Deutsch sprechen.

And before you throw down the “anyone you don’t like is a Nazi card”: guess who constantly refers to Ukrainians (and all other non-Russian Europeans) as Nazis?

by Anonymousreply 62July 8, 2022 5:28 PM

The US is sending additional $400 million in military aid to Ukraine. Four more HIMARS, in addition to the eight already there. Plus a thousand super-precise Excalibur rounds for their howitzers.

Of course, Russia has enough munition to fight this war for the next thousand years, but destroying their depots so close to the front lines means their artillery can't fire as much as it does currently, where it's erasing whole cities at a time. Which should eventually make a difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 8, 2022 6:11 PM

The shadowy K-329 Belgorod, the world’s longest submarine, which was designed to carry nuclear-powered, nuclear-tipped, long-range torpedoes, is now in service with the Russian Navy.

The Belgorod was turned over to that nation's sea service in a ceremony at the Sevmash shipyard in Severodvisnk Friday, according to the Sevmash website.

Belgorod will apparently be the first boat to be armed with the 2M39 Status-6 or "Poseidon" intercontinental nuclear-powered, nuclear-armed autonomous torpedoes, of which it can carry six.

One of Vladimir Putin's six so-called 'super weapons' highlighted in a fiery address in 2019, Poseidon’s main job is to strike at coastal installations with little to no warning. It reportedly has an especially dirty warhead, which means it would not only cause immediate damage, but also contaminate the area with radiation and impede any continued operations or repairs. Attacks could be executed by creating a radioactive tsunami. The weapon has extreme endurance and could be held out to see for long periods prior to an attack after being launched from thousands of miles away. It's a nuclear delivery system designed directly to mitigate any American missile defense capabilities.

Belgorod's refit added nearly 100 feet to the boat's overall length. This makes the K-329, also known as the Project 09852, longer than even the monstrous Soviet-era Typhoon-class ballistic missile submarines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 9, 2022 2:38 AM

R64: so? Ukraine has no Black Sea access anymore.

by Anonymousreply 65July 9, 2022 3:19 AM

R59. That's just sad. The US is not the leader of the free world or a bastion of democracy if it allows Russia's horrors to go on unchallenged.

Roosevelt, Truman, and Eisenhower would have understood that.

by Anonymousreply 66July 9, 2022 5:47 AM

[quote]Ukraine was no threat to him, but he attacked anyway.

In 2019, Zelensky had the Ukrainian constitution amended to include a push for NATO membership. NATO is a threat to Russia.

by Anonymousreply 67July 9, 2022 7:17 AM

r67 And? That's still not a reason to invade. An independent country is allowed to decide which alliances it wants to join. Just like Finland, another one of Russia's neighbors, has done just now. Of course, Russia is too scared of Finland, but has no problem ganging up on its weaker neighbours like Georgia and Ukraine. Well, this time, the bullied kid fought back.

And let's also not forget Ukraine gave up their nukes in exchange for a guarantee they'll be left alone. They were rewarded with a huge chunk of their territory being taken away in 2014. Russia is a cancer, there's no reasoning with it. It'll gobble up everything in its path until it's stopped.

by Anonymousreply 68July 9, 2022 12:32 PM

[quote]Of course, Russia is too scared of Finland, but has no problem ganging up on its weaker neighbours like Georgia and Ukraine.

Ridiculous statement. In the video at r24, Putin addresses what he perceives as "anti-Russian" aspects of Ukrainian nationalism. So when a government actively bans and suppresses a language and culture that is native to a significant minority of its own population on account of it being of the neighboring enemy nation, I can see how Russians would view Ukraine as a force for russophobia and a tool for NATO's intent to destroy Russia.

Burning Russian books, blacklisting Russian literature and attempting to eliminate the Russian language is persecution of a minority. In fact, something similar happened in Kosovo in 1998 and NATO swooped in to bomb Serbia to smithereens in 1998 and hive Kosovo away as a new separate country.

by Anonymousreply 69July 9, 2022 1:10 PM

OP is unhelpful and a troll.

by Anonymousreply 70July 9, 2022 1:11 PM

No one cares about this shit anymore. Its so passe. Abortion is the trending topic now.

by Anonymousreply 71July 9, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote] Abortion is the trending topic now.

This too shall pass!

by Anonymousreply 72July 9, 2022 4:22 PM

I am exhausted of being right.

by Anonymousreply 73July 10, 2022 12:41 PM

A purge.

Zelensky announced the sacking of Ukraine's ambassadors to Germany, India, the Czech Republic, Norway and Hungary

by Anonymousreply 74July 10, 2022 12:42 PM

Absolutely. The Ukraine should just get over it, accept Russian rulership and end this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 75July 10, 2022 12:45 PM

R74. I don't think it's a purge. I think most of them have served beyond their tenure and are being shifted into new roles.

by Anonymousreply 76July 10, 2022 12:59 PM

The HIMARS floodgates have opened and Russian depots and Command&Control centres are being obliterated by the dozens. The one in Kherson today took out twelve senior Russian officers (generals and colonels).

Zelensky has ordered the military to liberate the south (Kherson) with a million-strong trained men armed with Western weapons. They need that coastal region for their economy to function properly. Big battles coming shortly.

The Nord Stream 1 natural gas pipeline shuts down tomorrow for a scheduled 10-day maintenance. It is widely expected Putin will not turn it back on, which will plunge Germany into economic meltdown. The contagion should spread quickly across the continent and beyond, and prices will go through the roof once again. Everyone is bracing for a truly shitty autumn and winter over here.

by Anonymousreply 77July 10, 2022 11:17 PM

R77, the thing is, no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 78July 11, 2022 12:53 AM

Vladimir Putin helped create the neo-Nazi movement in Germany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 11, 2022 1:02 AM

[quote] Vladimir Putin helped create the neo-Nazi movement in Germany.

A better sourced history

According to a former member of the Red Army Faction, the far-left terrorist group in West Germany, who claimed to have met him in Dresden, Putin had worked in support of members of the group, which sowed terror across West Germany in the seventies and eighties: “There was nothing in Dresden, nothing at all, except the radical left. Nobody was watching Dresden, not the Americans, not the West Germans. There was nothing there. Except the one thing: these meetings with those comrades.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 11, 2022 1:08 AM

r78 The thing is, you will start caring when the recession arrives.

by Anonymousreply 81July 11, 2022 1:19 AM

Rubes, the super fat "General Pavel" story is fiction. He's a retired border guard - Ivan Ivanovich Turchin.

But keep believing the UK tabloids, dummies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 11, 2022 1:09 PM

R82 almost everything reported in western media about this war has been a lie.

Their job is not to report the truth, but to drum up popular support for funding the elite’s military quagmires.

by Anonymousreply 83July 11, 2022 1:13 PM

Ah. So it was all another psyops story. Pretty typical of UK war coverage.

by Anonymousreply 84July 11, 2022 1:16 PM

Maybe the USA wants to weaken Russia and sell gas and oil to euros while Russia wants to not have NATO missles on its borders pointing at Moscow. It’s a win win unless you happen to like Ukraine it’s people and culture. I know too complicated for all you smart people on DL.

by Anonymousreply 85July 11, 2022 3:31 PM

Don't give me shit about yahoo news, this is an NYT piece from today behind a paywall.

What is says is that our weapons of death are too complicated to hand out to the Ukraine without training, but pulling Ukraine military from the front to train is a problem. Plus our guys are saying sending more hardware to this war of attrition in Ukraine is leaving the U.S. depleted and vulnerable. Who knows when we might need to bomb another Muslim village or some disputed rock in the South China sea?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 12, 2022 7:01 PM

Piss on this money laundering operation country for Democrat and Republican politicians! 53 billion plus of U.S. taxpayer dollars is enough.

by Anonymousreply 87July 12, 2022 9:58 PM

Gas prices went up when we invaded Iraq... But I didn't hear Republicans complain

by Anonymousreply 88July 12, 2022 10:04 PM

R87, how much did we spend in Iraq and Afghanistan

by Anonymousreply 89July 12, 2022 10:05 PM

Militarism wins again

by Anonymousreply 90July 12, 2022 11:20 PM

[quote] Gas prices went up when we invaded Iraq... But I didn't hear Republicans complain

I recall each of the network news broadcasts beginning with a story on gas prices. Some widow grandma groaning she would have to eat catfood to afford the gas to visit her doctor. Katie Couric making her pouty face of compassion. In 2004 the average price of gas was $1.88.

And in 2022, not a starving widow grandma to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 91July 12, 2022 11:31 PM

The West needs to send in UN Peacekeepers. That will put a stop to this war. Send in the blue helmets.

by Anonymousreply 92July 12, 2022 11:57 PM

The minute the U.S. was run out of Afghanistan by the Taliban, I knew they'd have to look for another conflict to satiate the military-industrial complex. It's fascinating to watch that Europe has no say and has to do the U.S.'s bidding. You know Macron wants to engage with Putin and maybe find a negotiated settlement but Biden won't let him.

by Anonymousreply 93July 13, 2022 2:13 AM

Another $1.7 billion to Ukraine.

Zelensky says it's not enough, and he now needs $9 billion/month, up from the last $5 billion/month request

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 13, 2022 1:43 PM

R87, it's well over $53 billion now. Around $60 billion now.

by Anonymousreply 95July 13, 2022 1:43 PM

Trudeau pissed Zelensky by sending those turbines back to Germany. I'm all for helping Ukraine, but we can't be the ones to cause our other allies to freeze.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 13, 2022 3:32 PM

Allied forces have entered Seversk and Soledar.

Kramatorsk and Solviansk after that. Then the entire Donbas will have been liberated.

by Anonymousreply 97July 13, 2022 6:28 PM

Ukraine opposes all plans for Russian gas to bypass them. Why?

by Anonymousreply 98July 14, 2022 2:33 AM

Criminal Biden enterprise hard at work laundering billions.

by Anonymousreply 99July 14, 2022 3:08 AM

Allied forces have operational control of Seversk. Mop-up underway.

by Anonymousreply 100July 14, 2022 5:17 AM

A third US citizen, Suedi Murekese, captured.

by Anonymousreply 101July 14, 2022 5:21 AM

Fuck off, R99.

by Anonymousreply 102July 14, 2022 5:27 AM

"The United States trusts the Ukrainian authorities and does not take additional measures to strengthen control over the multi-billion dollar military aid supplied to Ukraine."

This was stated by US Assistant Secretary of State for Political and Military Affairs Jessica Lewis.

You can buy some of what we've donated on the dark web.

by Anonymousreply 103July 14, 2022 5:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 14, 2022 6:16 AM

OP Here's something to bring you up to date. Tell us what you think of Putin taking a break from the war.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 14, 2022 4:38 PM

R98 Ukraine receives transit fees from Russia for gas shipped to Europe.

by Anonymousreply 106July 14, 2022 5:04 PM

There's no operational pause. Are you not on Telegram?

by Anonymousreply 107July 14, 2022 5:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 15, 2022 12:48 AM

Billions to Ukraine while we suffer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 15, 2022 2:39 AM

The Ukranians are suffering and dying. Have a heart.

by Anonymousreply 110July 15, 2022 2:44 AM

R110, I take it you're materially secure and none of your family has died from, say, fentanyl.

Ukraine would be peaceful if they negotiated peace, but the UK an US are blocking that, saying that the UK and US won't be involved in any security guarantees developed through peace negotiations, if Zelensky continued negotiations with Russia.

by Anonymousreply 111July 15, 2022 3:00 AM

There will never be fatigue because [bold]this war involves Russia[/bold].

Russia is destined to lose this war because the [bold]world loves to hate Russia[/bold]. This is what the troll farms don't get. The world will never run out of hate for Russia.

by Anonymousreply 112July 15, 2022 3:12 AM

R112, the West hates Russia. The rest of the world sides with Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 15, 2022 3:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 15, 2022 3:19 AM

People support Ukraine, whether their governments do or not. There will be consequences for this as there are always consequences.

by Anonymousreply 115July 15, 2022 5:14 AM

People have sympathy for the Ukrainian people, r115. But most of the world blames US/NATO for provoking Russia into invading.

by Anonymousreply 116July 15, 2022 5:41 AM

What and where and when was the provocation?

NATO and the US have been in no position to initiate anything since 2016.

Except naming the courtyard at the US embassy in Jerusalem after Jared Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 117July 15, 2022 10:41 AM

[quote] the world loves to hate Russia

R112 Define "the world", if you mean "the world" you learned form reading NYT, WaPo, The Guardian... or from watching CNN, BBC...then yes, "the world" hates Russia to the bone, but the question is, does the world portrayed by those media reflect the real world? Maybe, or maybe not!

For one, India and China support Russia, or as their governments claimed they maintain a neutral stance, these two are the biggest countries in the world. And for people in middle east, south east Asia, Central and South America, people may not like the war and feel sorry for the smaller Ukraine, but I doubt they share the same sentiments against Russia as those in America or West Europe, not to mention, some countries in middle east and central Asia are pro Russia allies. And for many African nations, this is just another war between two neighbor countries, they have been there and done that many times over themselves.

If you ask me, most people/countries outside Europe and North America or certain traditional allies like Australia, they hope this war would end soon, but they don't share the same level anti-Russia as you may have assumed here, after all, it's a war far away, one continent away or two, and a few oceans away!

by Anonymousreply 118July 15, 2022 11:51 AM

The Euro has fallen below the dollar for the first time in 20 years; gas prices are sky-high; possibly the worst energy crisis in Europe's history is looming; the UK and Italian governments have fallen, indirectly affected by the war and France has a lame-duck president with no legislative muscle to push his agenda; Biden appears to be on his last political legs and may be pressured not to run in 2024 and a worldwide recession is definitely coming.

The European leadership and media are calling Putin evil for "weaponising energy as if they're shocked that Russia has dared retaliate against the sanctions they've imposed and that they didn't understand sanctions are a double-edged sword. This is the kind of stupidity we're dealing with. Did you really expect them not to react? And is Ukraine worth the economic ruin we're threatened with right now? Damn, I miss Angela Merkel's pragmatism. She's getting criticised right now but I think she delayed the confrontation with Russia and would've talked Putin out of the invasion if she had been in power.

by Anonymousreply 119July 16, 2022 8:34 AM

These people seriously thought Russia was going to sit back and take the sanctions without a response? This is the kind of stupidity we're dealing with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 16, 2022 12:26 PM

On the positive side the Europeans are 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 showing common sense about gas and nuclear energy.

While American greenies are trying to shut down both.

Stick it Greta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 16, 2022 12:34 PM

R120 lol, that's what happens when they let American dictate EU/NATO and they don't know how to think for themselves. EU should learn from SE Asia, the US tried so hard in the last 10 years to form an anti China alliance in the region, but no success, why? Because the countries in SE Asia made very clear, our own interest will always come first, not American's. Now US is trying to forge another alliance with India, but it will be more challenging, India is certainly not going to sacrifice their own interest for American. The US likes to call other countries our allies, the staunchest ally is Israel, but Israel don't listen to America, they make their own decisions with or without American's approval. Angela Merkel was the only leader in EU who saw through things, if EU wants to succeed, EU must think for themselves, she was the lone voice, this also explained why CIA bugged her phone, because she challenged the US and she posed a serous threat to American's interest. Now she was gone, EU is back to the clueless state and let American dominate them without any objections.

by Anonymousreply 122July 16, 2022 1:04 PM

Zelensky wire all the aid to secret account in Cayman!

by Anonymousreply 123July 17, 2022 1:29 AM

Zelensky needs to put on a suit. His cosplay is getting tiresome and a little embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 124July 17, 2022 1:35 AM

Polls are very different from this thread. Very unrepresentative cranks and trolls.

by Anonymousreply 125July 17, 2022 1:47 AM

Still no one pushing for a negotiated resolution.

by Anonymousreply 126July 17, 2022 4:59 PM

And has the $55 billion that Joe gave the Ukraine made any difference and if so, how? How do you quantify that?

by Anonymousreply 127July 17, 2022 5:01 PM

R55 Ukriane is a much smaller country than Russia and they're still standing. That's the main thing. Russia had to give up a lot of the territory they briefly held around Kyiv and Kharkiv and has made only slow and small inroads in the east. So I am not sure what your expectation was, that Zelensky would march into Moscow? This is going to be a slog at best.

by Anonymousreply 128July 17, 2022 5:32 PM

Sorry, the comment above was for R127, not 55.

by Anonymousreply 129July 17, 2022 5:42 PM

R129 'The more than 40 billion in additional aid to Ukraine approved by Congress on Thursday brings the total US commitment during the Russian invasion to roughly $54 billion when combined with the aid package passed in March'. -NYTimes May 20,2022

by Anonymousreply 130July 17, 2022 6:34 PM

Zelensky is really pissing me off, so is the UCC about the whole turbine thing. Canada has other allies we have to stand up for aside from Ukraine and we're not about to let the Italians and Germans freeze this winter.

by Anonymousreply 131July 17, 2022 7:39 PM

𝐙𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐣𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞

Volodymyr Zelensky has fired his top security chief and the state prosecutor after hundreds of cases of treason and collaboration with Russia were uncovered.

The Ukrainian president sacked Ivan Bakanov, head of the security service, and Prosecutor General Iryna Venediktova, who had been leading efforts to prosecute Russian war crimes.

Zelensky said more than 60 officials from the SBU security service and prosecutor's office were working against Ukraine in Russian-occupied territories, and 651 treason and collaboration cases had been opened against law enforcement officials.

----------------------

This after the prior suppression of opposition political parties.

by Anonymousreply 132July 18, 2022 11:48 AM

^ Accusing his own cabinet of being spies and infiltrators. Things must be going so well.

by Anonymousreply 133July 18, 2022 12:23 PM

A purge never happens when things are going well.

by Anonymousreply 134July 19, 2022 7:39 AM

What will the worlds Elites do if Ukraine falls? Then they won't have the place to launder their ill gotten money through.

by Anonymousreply 135July 20, 2022 1:00 PM

The millitary industrial complex needs it to continue. "To the last Ukrainian".

by Anonymousreply 136July 21, 2022 5:08 AM

R125 And how do you know so much about representative samples that are used in polls?

What polls are you referring to?

Can you cite or link any polls dealing with the subject of the war in Ukraine?

by Anonymousreply 137July 21, 2022 7:13 AM

Russia is getting fatigued. It's getting help from North Korea, Kazakhstan and Iran ffs.

by Anonymousreply 138July 21, 2022 1:57 PM

R135. Please, the world elites are laundering their money through Switzerland. They have been since WW2.

Ukraine is the breadbasket of Europe. This war is a blatant attempt by Putin to control not only oil but food since it's not like Russia is famous for producing anything else.

I for one do not want a genocidal dictator being able to turn off food supplies to large portions of the world at a whim. So fuck Putin, fuck Russia and fuck the people too "tired" to support a war that contravenes international law and human decency just because gas prices are a little high.

by Anonymousreply 139July 22, 2022 5:15 AM

Matt-facto thread of course. His fecal odor is strong here.

He loves dictators, so adores Putin and hates Biden because Biden defeated his great white hope for an American Putin — you know, former guy — and this thread pulls that all together in one steaming pile of armadillo diarrhea.

Putin invaded a neighbor that had done nothing aggressive, the most naked greed we have seen since wwii. The result has devastated Ukraine. The Russian army has mass murdered civilians, and uses terror bombing and indiscriminate artillery barrages to sow despair and defeat.

But instead of buckling, the Ukrainian people rose to defend their country and dealt the invaders a severe blow. They are fighting for their lives. They need help. We should give it. We are right for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 140July 22, 2022 5:30 AM

R139 Mary! Wishing you a safe and productive unclenching

by Anonymousreply 141July 22, 2022 6:22 AM

Putin needs to tried for war crimes. Now.

by Anonymousreply 142July 22, 2022 6:38 AM

I don’t know or care where OP lives, but gas prices have been consistently dropping in the US for the past month. Nearly 50 cents cheaper where I am in the past two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 143July 22, 2022 12:51 PM

50 cents. It's still double what it was last election day.

Big whoop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 22, 2022 1:04 PM

Most Congressional Republicans, including the leadership still support aid to Ukraine. So if the GOP takes one or both Houses of Congress, which is likely, it's not clear our policy would change. It would help if Ukraine could stage an offensive that encouraged people, like the much discussed liberation of Kherson, but in any case, I think they will continue to have US support in the short and medium term. If Trump comes back, different story. If I were them, I would be somewhat more worried about weak link countries in Western Europe, but continued military aid from countries that have never done that much like Italy is not the biggest deal. If Europe collapses on the sanctions front, that's bad, but doesn't seem imminent either.

by Anonymousreply 145July 22, 2022 3:01 PM

British sex offenders were tracked going to refugee-laden Poland in the early weeks of war, seemingly to take advantage of the chaos unfolding on the border with Ukraine.

The National Crime Agency (NCA) yesterday revealed ten convicted paedophiles travelled east in the first six weeks after Vladimir Putin's invasion, under the guise of providing assistance to refugees.

All ten were interviewed by Polish authorities and removed from the country, said an NCA spokesman, adding: 'We have an international network that identifies these threats... we contact our partners and say you have a convicted sex offender on your patch.'

As many as 5,000 unaccompanied children were displaced in the first weeks of the conflict.

by Anonymousreply 146July 22, 2022 3:05 PM

Good lord. That's sick ^.

by Anonymousreply 147July 22, 2022 8:44 PM

Russia seems to be winning every dispute recently. Just this week they won the grain standoff and now Lithuania has been forced to allow Russsian rail transit to the exclave of Kaliningrad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 23, 2022 7:44 AM

High gas prices are due to corporate greed, not Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 149July 23, 2022 9:04 AM

People should be eating less products made from grain.

by Anonymousreply 150July 23, 2022 9:29 AM

I didn't know Ukraine was the bread basket of the former Soviet union.

by Anonymousreply 151July 23, 2022 4:21 PM

Hear hear R139. Fuck Russia and fuck Putin and his small dicked trolls. I did enjoy them blowing up their $36Mil tin can the other day. Thanks Poot

by Anonymousreply 152July 24, 2022 6:51 PM

Funny how the people who are "fatigued" by Ukraine didn't mind a 20 year war with Afghanistan

by Anonymousreply 153July 24, 2022 6:52 PM

Most people who follow the news only to a moderate extent are not hearing as much about the war as it has settled down. That doesn't mean they are "fatigued" with it.

by Anonymousreply 154July 24, 2022 8:31 PM

Very soon, this war will start playing in the background like Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 155July 26, 2022 5:42 PM

Fatigued.

by Anonymousreply 156July 26, 2022 6:25 PM

With Zelensky and his wife doing Vogue shoots, this war is no longer at the top of my concerns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 27, 2022 10:25 AM

^ well he is an actor, posing in front of a camera is his specialty!

by Anonymousreply 158July 27, 2022 1:37 PM

Nato and EU states are pushing for better tracking of weapons supplied to Ukraine in response to fears that criminal groups are smuggling them out of the country and on to Europe’s black market.

“All these weapons land in southern Poland, get shipped to the border and then are just divided up into vehicles to cross: trucks, vans, sometimes private cars,” said one of the western officials. “And from that moment we go blank on their location and we have no idea where they go, where they are used or even if they stay in the country.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 27, 2022 2:12 PM

War profiteers. They always circle like vultures.

by Anonymousreply 160July 27, 2022 2:48 PM

Zelensky is a tacky whore. I don’t trust him one bit after his Vogue stunting.

by Anonymousreply 161July 27, 2022 7:09 PM

Seriously? He has made a zillion consequential political decisions, for better or worse. Judging on one public relations move -wise or unwise- seems very ignorant and childish.

by Anonymousreply 162July 27, 2022 8:34 PM

What is Zelensky doing with the billions of dollars in aid Biden has given him? Now I’m wondering if he and his cronies are pocketing some of it.

by Anonymousreply 163July 28, 2022 12:34 AM

I think he and his wife are crooks and grifters. I don’t appreciate his high-handed DEMANDING of more funds from us either.

Fuck this toad and his shrew of a wife.

by Anonymousreply 164July 28, 2022 12:39 AM

Zelenskiy is the only real life hero in the world right now.

by Anonymousreply 165July 28, 2022 12:50 AM

Can we get our shit back?

by Anonymousreply 166July 28, 2022 12:52 AM

Yes, give Crimea back to Ukraine!

by Anonymousreply 167July 28, 2022 12:55 AM

^ Like that will happen LOL.

by Anonymousreply 168July 28, 2022 5:11 AM

With gas prices coming down, and expected to normally rise for Labor Day and Thanksgiving, and with the Manchin Inflation Reduction Bill support, Dems are gearing up for a massive Blue Wave in November.

Ukraine has comfortably been integrated into the DoD budget.

You can't be fatigued by something that does not stress you constantly.

by Anonymousreply 169July 28, 2022 5:16 AM

This thread is infested with paid Russian trolls.

by Anonymousreply 170July 28, 2022 5:19 AM

R169 Blue wave is absolutely not happening. Grow up a little. A fantastic outcome for Democrats would be preserving the 50-50 Senate.

by Anonymousreply 171July 28, 2022 3:24 PM

r171, Trump has ground conventional wisdom into the dirt.

I am wondering how close to 160 we are going to get in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 172July 28, 2022 5:37 PM

The latest war crime by Russia. This is appalling. Putin must be pulverized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 29, 2022 5:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174August 5, 2022 9:17 PM

Yes, OP. The entire nation of Ukraine is tired of you.

by Anonymousreply 175August 5, 2022 9:22 PM

What will be the German European response after a cold unheated winter i wonder.

Schulz will probably be the scapegoat of the real problem.

by Anonymousreply 176August 5, 2022 9:26 PM

If Italy elects a far-right government in October, as seems likely, that would be the second victory for Vlad after his policies indirectly felled Boris.

by Anonymousreply 177August 6, 2022 5:55 PM

R177, Not clear Putin gains anything except personal satisfaction from Boris J's departure, which he didn't really cause anyway. The Italian situation is different. Italy is a weak link in NATO, and it could get worse with a new government, but I am not sure how much they will matter. They weren't doing THAT much to support Ukraine and I don't think they can get sanctions reversed.

by Anonymousreply 178August 7, 2022 8:18 PM

But it was Italy that sent its billionaire Prime Minister to jail.

by Anonymousreply 179August 7, 2022 9:52 PM

[quote]Well look at that…”Russian airlines, including state-controlled Aeroflot are stripping jetliners to secure spare parts they can no longer buy abroad because of Western sanctions, four industry sources told Reuters.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 10, 2022 3:04 AM

[quote] stripping jetliners to secure spare parts

In aviation that's not really so unusual. In any event alternate sourcing of parts is coming online.

DALLAS – The Chinese Ambassador to Moscow, Zhang Hanhui, has stated that China is ready to supply Russian airlines with aircraft replacement parts.

In an unsurprising move, Iran and Russia have agreed to cooperate on thwarting sanctions for aircraft parts and repairs. The Iranian news agency MEHR reported on July 26 that Iran and Russia had signed a cooperation agreement on parts and repairs and also agreed to increase flights between the two countries. While Iran may not be an aviation powerhouse, it has managed to keep some rather old western aircraft operating, despite having similar sanctions to those imposed on Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 10, 2022 3:19 AM

[quote]m sorry, what the fuck?

[quote]Now Steven Seagal (@ sseagalofficial) is at the Olenivka Prison camp helping the Russians cover up their war crimes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 10, 2022 4:12 AM

There was no pushback on the US announcing Russia's 80 thousand dead soldiers in Ukraine.

Must be an understimate.

by Anonymousreply 183August 10, 2022 4:15 AM

R181. I wouldn't trust Chinese made components for my airplanes.

Wasn't there some furor over Chinese made tank treads that Russia was deploying in Ukraine?

by Anonymousreply 184August 10, 2022 11:24 AM

R184- The tires actually exploded.

by Anonymousreply 185August 10, 2022 11:37 AM

R184 then you must not know China based plants/suppliers are part of the deal with Boeing or Airbus, when China order planes, certain parts need to be manufactured in China based plants.

Boeing recently lost a huge deal to Airbus in China, Boeing blamed the loss on geopolitics, but as Chinese media pointed out, American companies cannot be trusted under frequent threat of sanctions. The record breaking 37 billion mega order from Airbus also include nine China based suppliers and plants. American companies like Boeing will find themselves on the losing side more and more, not just in China, other countries took notice too.

by Anonymousreply 186August 10, 2022 2:25 PM

R176- Berlusconi didn't actually go to prison and anyway what does that have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 187August 10, 2022 2:50 PM

r185, those Chinese tires flooded the American market in the oughts.

by Anonymousreply 188August 10, 2022 4:43 PM

R188- It may sound paranoid, but this things that the safety of myself and others depend I make sure those things were not made in China, lol.

by Anonymousreply 189August 10, 2022 4:47 PM

I had FOUR Chinese tires blow out between 2003 and 2009.

When the tread starts to separate, it makes the strangest sound. I never want to hear it again.

by Anonymousreply 190August 10, 2022 7:42 PM

Ukraine’s public coyness about the attack is partly designed to preserve some ambiguity about the means used, sources said, prompting broad speculation as to how Kyiv was able to strike so deep behind Russian lines, in one of the first attacks on Crimean soil since the Russian invasion began in February.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 11, 2022 12:56 AM

I’ve simply stopped watching the mainstream news, where it seems to be the Ukraine Show 24/7. So much money being thrown at the problem by Biden. It all can’t be going to the war effort.

by Anonymousreply 192August 11, 2022 3:05 PM

The thing is, absolutely no one, except maybe the Turks, seems interested in a negotiated peace. The EU commission president said out the outset the objective was a total defeat of Russia. Now everybody with any common sense knows that won't happen. But she said it. Effectively shutting the door to diplomacy. Even Macron has given up his efforts following problems at home after he was left weakened by an election.

So we have:

1. Boris Johnson ousted

2. Emmanuel Macron weakened

3. Prospect of a far-right government in Italy in late September

All directly or indirectly related to the economic uncertainty caused by sanctions and counter-sanctions by the Russians.

by Anonymousreply 193August 12, 2022 12:54 AM

We need to get more arms into Ukraine. They are putting up an astonishing fight. Total heroes.

by Anonymousreply 194August 12, 2022 2:46 AM

More merchandise.

A Ukrainian parliamentary inquiry concluded that between 1992 and 1998, Ukraine lost $32 billion in military assets, in part through theft, discount arms sales and lack of oversight. (In comparison, Ukraine's spending on legal arms for defense in 1999 is estimated to have been $500 million.) Many of the missing weapons found their way into the hands of willing buyers in hot spots around the globe, from Sierra Leone to Croatia. And as these arms proliferated, so did evidence of international criminal networks that sold arms from Ukraine in flagrant violation of international sanctions and embargoes.

Theft and corruption in the military facilitated the flow of illegal weapons from Ukraine. It was also facilitated by forged or falsified end-user certificates, the export documents that are supposed to record the final recipient of an arms shipment. The ease with which arms shipments moved through official channels has led many observers to conclude that prominent Ukrainian officials were involved in the deals. In a 1999 report on Eastern European arms dealing, Human Rights Watch concluded that export-control authorities in the region were accepting arms brokers' documentation without question, either through "complicity or incompetence." Other observers say responsibility goes straight to the top of the Ukrainian government. Writing in The Christian Science Monitor, Ukrainian political scientist Taras Kuzio said, "High-level Ukrainian officials, if not directly dealing arms, are reportedly either smoothing the path for sales or at least looking the other way."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 12, 2022 3:08 AM

A Kangaroo attempts to break into the Russian Embassy in Australia.

Even the kangaroos are pissed at Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 12, 2022 3:48 AM

R193, a big stretch to link Johnson's ouster to the Ukraine situation. The one bit of good press he had in recent months was when he was resolute in supporting them, including his surprise visit.

by Anonymousreply 197August 12, 2022 3:20 PM

Love that Ukraine is WINNING, meter by meter.

by Anonymousreply 198August 12, 2022 7:47 PM

I thought Boris had some kind of bum-touching scandal instigated by his hag’s gays?

by Anonymousreply 199August 12, 2022 7:58 PM

An appointee of his. Not his personal behavior, but he knew, appointed him anyway then lied about knowing. This on top of all his other scandals was the last straw.

by Anonymousreply 200August 13, 2022 1:07 AM

Good idea. It would upgrade NATO. Something like this would be good in Asia, for Taiwan's sake for now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 13, 2022 7:01 AM

r201, that is pure bullshit.

What makes sense is a Pacific equivalent to NATO.

Pacific Economic Defense Alliance or some such. Nickname it P-Econ.

by Anonymousreply 202August 13, 2022 7:10 AM

R193 is a massive Boris.

by Anonymousreply 203August 13, 2022 7:10 AM

^ Yawn 🥱

by Anonymousreply 204August 13, 2022 7:26 AM

That's a typical Boris reaction.

by Anonymousreply 205August 13, 2022 7:32 AM

Diminish, discourage, distract and minimize. That's the Boris way.

by Anonymousreply 206August 13, 2022 7:39 AM

R186. I hope other countries did take notice. Avoiding sanctions isn't that hard - just don't be genocidal dictators.

by Anonymousreply 207August 13, 2022 2:56 PM

Russia needs to be categorized as a terrorist state and its citizens banned from traveling to the West.

There are already moved on both fronts. Putin fears both.

Then add more sanctions. More arms for Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 208August 13, 2022 10:20 PM

R207 of course, not just adversaries like China are demanding more and more products "American Free" , American allies South Korea, Japan and Europe all come out plans to make their products free of American technology, they do this not just out of national security concern, also a business decision, they want to keep selling their products. When the US government issued the unilateral sanctions, they became the collateral damages here. One particular example is, after US government sanctioned Huawei, a lot of their products cannot be sold because they contain some US technology, but Qualcomm applied and received the exemption from the US government so they are able to keep selling some products to Huawai, none of other companies from Asia and Europe got the same exemption, their sales were forced to zero, in their eyes the sanction has become a protective measure to enrich American companies only.

by Anonymousreply 209August 13, 2022 10:45 PM

Let Russia join Iran in The Club.

by Anonymousreply 210August 13, 2022 11:46 PM

The rouble is doing exceptionally well against the dollar 6 months after sanctions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211August 14, 2022 9:08 AM

Chinese companies moving sanctioned Russian oil.

Chinese fleet of ‘dark’ oil tankers takes on Russian crude at sea

A fleet of supersized Chinese ships, owned by an anonymous entity, are reportedly “going dark” by switching off their tracking signals to transfer Russian oil in the middle of the Atlantic. Analysts have warned that this anonymous entity, based in the Chinese port city of Dalian has bought up a string of super-sized VLCC carriers in a dangerous bid to sell more of Putin’s crude oil east.

They believe that these ships purchase cargoes of Russian oil that are loaded at Baltic and Black Sea ports and then sold to the East.

China's demand for Russian energy products has increased in recent months - reaching a record-high of crude oil in May, increasing purchases to $7.47billion (£6billion), which is about $1billion (£800million) more than in April and double the amount a year ago.

The increase in imports means Russia has now overtaken Saudi Arabia as China's largest source of crude oil, according to Chinese customs data released on Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212August 14, 2022 9:26 AM

^ nothing new, almost all Russian oil bought by India was repacked then sold elsewhere.

BTW, "sanctioned" is an arbitrary word, China and India as well as the vast majority countries on earth are not in the sanction pack led by US and EU, Russian oil or Russia is not sanctioned by/to them.

by Anonymousreply 213August 14, 2022 9:37 AM

r212 Russia is openly selling oil to China and India because they're not part of sanctions. No need for "going dark" as you put it. They've actually made more from it this year than they have in a long time. Predictions that sanctions would "bring them to their knees in six weeks" were greatly exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 214August 14, 2022 11:37 AM

[QUOTE] Russia needs to be categorized as a terrorist state and its citizens banned from traveling to the West.

Mary! Never happen.

by Anonymousreply 215August 14, 2022 1:13 PM

Several nations have already declared Russia a terrorist state, and some have stopped issuing tourist visas to Russians and have encouraged other European nations to join them.

by Anonymousreply 216August 14, 2022 2:52 PM

^ Nations like Latvia. Chihuahuas barking at a bear.

by Anonymousreply 217August 14, 2022 2:54 PM

Latvians are better people than the Russians, but then so is almost everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 218August 14, 2022 3:30 PM

Russia is in the pits and going tits up...

by Anonymousreply 219August 14, 2022 3:36 PM

The it won't happen troll^

by Anonymousreply 220August 14, 2022 5:10 PM

Poland has announced that it will stop issuing visas to Russian citizens.

The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs also announced that it is joining Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Denmark in the effort to launch an EU-wide ban on issuing tourist visas for Russians.

by Anonymousreply 221August 14, 2022 10:08 PM

Russia is being walled off.

by Anonymousreply 222August 15, 2022 12:05 AM

Russia needs to be shunned in every way.

by Anonymousreply 223August 15, 2022 12:34 AM

I despise virtue signaling both foreign and domestic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 15, 2022 12:42 AM

If they speak up for Ukraine ariya should be welcome. Silence is approval.

by Anonymousreply 225August 15, 2022 1:26 AM

Won't happen r221. Macron and the incoming Italian government won't allow it.

by Anonymousreply 226August 15, 2022 3:25 PM

[quote]The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs also announced that it is joining Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Denmark in the effort to launch an EU-wide ban on issuing tourist visas for Russians.

r221 You're about to see for yourself how little control over EU policy those particular countries have. The EU pretends to be a union of equals but it's bullshit and there's a clear tier with countries like you mentioned considered insignificant. No, there won't be an EU-wide ban on visas for Russians.

On a personal level, I find it remarkable that Russia, by itself, has managed to bring the EU's economy to it's knees. I never thought that could be possible.

by Anonymousreply 227August 16, 2022 8:31 AM

Tick tock, the fall is on the corner, the winter, the cold...

by Anonymousreply 228August 16, 2022 11:42 AM

O rly!? 😂😂 On a personal level i find it ridiculous that you think Putin has brought EU to its knees. Ask Putin's daughter and his gf. More likely they are on their knees.

by Anonymousreply 229August 16, 2022 2:43 PM

The bipartisan resolution to declare Russia a sponsor of terrorism passed in the Senate at the end of July, after being introduced by Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Richard Blumenthal (D-CT). In the House of Representatives, Speaker Nancy Pelosi reportedly warned Secretary of State Antony Blinken that unless he moves ahead with the designation, Congress will pass appropriate legislation of its own accord.

Russian state TV clarified that the potential designation bothers Moscow the most not because of the damage to what is left of Russia’s reputation, but for legal and financial reasons.

Masses of Ukrainian citizens will be able to file suits. Where will the resources come from to pay out these claims?”

Referring to $300 billion out of the $640 billion that Russia had in its gold and forex reserves, which have been frozen by Western sanctions, host Vladimir Solovyov opined: “They’re looking for the way to grab our $300 billion.” Sidorov agreed: “They’ll take that $300 billion pursuant to court orders.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230August 16, 2022 2:57 PM

Just check the news from when the early days of the war in February and March. All predictions in the media were about how all that will be left of Russia by April is a husk of it's former self. The result six months later, Russians don't McDonalds and IKEA while Europeans have high energy bills and facing the prospect of freezing in the winter. Who do you think is winning?

by Anonymousreply 231August 16, 2022 5:37 PM

[quote] Who do you think is winning?

Not Russia.

by Anonymousreply 232August 16, 2022 5:43 PM

[quote] Nancy Pelosi reportedly warned Secretary of State Antony Blinken that unless he moves ahead with the designation, Congress will pass appropriate legislation of its own accord.

So is there a power struggle between the West Wing and the House?

by Anonymousreply 233August 16, 2022 5:48 PM

[quote] So is there a power struggle between the West Wing and the House?

Nancy also ignored Mite Joe and took control of US-China-Taiwan policy

Nature abhors a vacuum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 16, 2022 6:59 PM

Is of clear, accident, comrade. Capitalist pigs buy from lowest biddings so many corners of cuttings.

by Anonymousreply 235August 16, 2022 7:14 PM

Olaf Scholz essentially scuppers efforts by Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Denmark for an EU-wide ban on issuing tourist visas to Russians.

I told you some EU countries are more important than others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236August 17, 2022 6:05 PM

France also doing a 180 after Russian tourists were turned away from a chateau. It's shocking how the countries that proposed the ban don't understand how ugly it looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 18, 2022 6:01 AM

The EU will resist Russian aggression to the last American dollar

by Anonymousreply 238August 18, 2022 6:54 AM

[quote] some EU countries are more important than others

A pecking order always emerges. The bigger countries must to take care of the needs and concerns of the weaker and smaller, or the reason for the EU's very existence will be undermined.

Shulz needs to go. He is a transitional figure

by Anonymousreply 239August 18, 2022 6:57 AM

[quote] EU's very existence

is still questionable after almost 4 decades.

by Anonymousreply 240August 18, 2022 7:25 AM

Russians are posting "Winter is Coming" all over the internet. Clearly sanctions are not hurting if they can be so glib and triumphalist.

by Anonymousreply 241August 18, 2022 7:55 AM

They are faking it.

by Anonymousreply 242August 18, 2022 7:57 AM

Russian winters defeated Napoleon and Hitler. Looks like another winter will come to metaphorically weigh in on their side.

by Anonymousreply 243August 18, 2022 9:46 AM

Bloomberg says Putin is winning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244August 18, 2022 9:54 AM

GLIB!!

by Anonymousreply 245August 18, 2022 10:03 AM

Les sanctions c'est pour les cons. Mother Russia is laughing all the way to the bank.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 18, 2022 10:03 AM

I have one question: Why does the West think it's OK to apply crippling sanctions on Russia and not OK for the Russians to respond? Saying Russia is weaponizing energy. Honestly, what did they expect?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247August 18, 2022 11:42 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 18, 2022 12:40 PM

Lots of Russian trolling here now.

by Anonymousreply 249August 18, 2022 1:19 PM

Boris running scared this morning.

by Anonymousreply 250August 18, 2022 1:21 PM

I have never seen 🙃 Russia resort to fear mongering. NEVAH!

by Anonymousreply 251August 18, 2022 2:09 PM

R243 The Russian winter helped defeat over-extended invading armies from far away in the days of Napoleon and Hitler. The current situation is different. If anyone is over-extended it's Russia, not Ukrainians fighting on their own soil.

by Anonymousreply 252August 18, 2022 2:11 PM

Ukraine will negotiate the Russian withdrawal with Putin's successor.

by Anonymousreply 253August 18, 2022 2:15 PM

[quote] Ukraine will negotiate the Russian withdrawal with Putin's successor.

Ukrainian "sources" have been promising for months now Putin was dying, under arrest, or was about to be removed in a coup.

This time for sure.

by Anonymousreply 254August 18, 2022 3:36 PM

It's costing US taxpayers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255August 18, 2022 4:35 PM

Europe pledges 💲💲💲

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 18, 2022 4:37 PM

more aid from the US

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257August 18, 2022 4:39 PM

[quote]Ukraine will negotiate the Russian withdrawal with Putin's successor.

In 2032?

by Anonymousreply 258August 19, 2022 3:06 AM

Arm Ukraine to the teeth! So they can kick Putin's teeth in.

Otherwise Russia will keep bullying all the neighboring countries since, as an autocracy, it is not answerable to their people.

by Anonymousreply 259August 19, 2022 5:15 AM

Gateway Pundit is right-wing garbage.

by Anonymousreply 260August 19, 2022 7:33 AM

Ze amazzzzing Zzzzelenskiy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 19, 2022 10:18 AM

Russian losses in just one day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262August 19, 2022 11:50 AM

[quote] Russian losses in just one day.

Claims the Ukrainians with no losses admitted to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 263August 19, 2022 9:31 PM

Boris @ r263, those aren't military losses for the Ukrainians, but War Crime totals that will be litigated in the future.

The Russian losses are MILITARY.

by Anonymousreply 264August 19, 2022 11:23 PM

R252, yes, bad weather and winter help the side resisting invasion, not the invaders.

by Anonymousreply 265August 19, 2022 11:51 PM

Russian Ambassador calling for war crimes against the Ukranian people. That's the sort of shit R263 and the rest of the Russian simps are in favor of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 20, 2022 2:04 PM

Ukraine is not only defending itself and fighting off the Russians. It is attacking them too. My admiration for Ukraine knows no bounds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 20, 2022 4:04 PM

Yup kudos to UKR and kudos to the US for the amount of aid sent. And also Biden's handling of the entire thing from the intelligence during the Olympics was masterful.

by Anonymousreply 268August 20, 2022 4:08 PM

Geopolitical strategist Peter Zeihan has a new book out called “The End of the World Is Just the Beginning: Mapping the Collapse of Globalization.”

He studies geography and demography. He predicted several years ago that this war had to happen because Russia has a long history of being invaded via several European checkpoints. So Russia will not only attack Ukraine but will eventually go after the other European countries where the rest of these checkpoints are located. That includes NATO countries such as Poland.

In order to prevent future invasions, Russia has to gain control of these checkpoints now because their current generation of 20-year olds is the last that will be large enough to fight such a war as Russia is rapidly depopulating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269August 20, 2022 4:14 PM

Russian military forces are now "stalled on multiple fronts," after things seemed to be going so swimmingly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270August 20, 2022 10:33 PM

A comedian, a lawyer, a dancer, a TV star and a war hero walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "What will you have President Zelenskiy?"

by Anonymousreply 271August 20, 2022 11:04 PM

Long live Ukraine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272August 21, 2022 5:54 AM

R271 the only war he has won is the propaganda war. Ukraine was one of the most corrupt countries in the world and this has not changed. Like Trump he did not clean the swamp, he added to it. Most Ukrainians hate him.

by Anonymousreply 273August 21, 2022 7:12 AM

IRI Ukraine Poll Shows Overwhelming Support for Zelensky, Confidence in Winning the War, Desire for EU Membership

94% approval

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274August 21, 2022 7:39 AM

r273, Boris, you are a true Trumpublcan confusing the regime that Biden helped replace, the corrupt Russian stooge government, and the Russian hated democratically elected government of Zelensky.

Fascists love nothing more than confusion.

by Anonymousreply 275August 21, 2022 12:23 PM

Fears of escalation after Darya Dugina's killing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276August 24, 2022 3:05 AM

Finland's prime minister had to take a drug test to clear her name about the dancing video.

by Anonymousreply 277August 25, 2022 1:15 AM

R277 I don't get the connection here, was her phone hacked by the Russians and they leaked the video?

by Anonymousreply 278August 25, 2022 1:17 AM

No. She's one of Russia's fiercest critics and leading a call to cut off all relations with Russia including banning Russia citizens from the EU. But that's been rejected by more important members as Finland is too tiny to drive EU policy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279August 25, 2022 1:25 AM

Why is the US importing Ukrainians when they are supposed to be winning ?

10,000 Ukrainian refugees expected to arrive in NYC: immigration official

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280August 25, 2022 2:58 AM

Because it's an active war zone.

Also: Fuck Rupert Murdoch's NYPost!

by Anonymousreply 281August 25, 2022 3:51 AM

So the US is giving 4b more in aid. What have the EU and NATO done for Ukraine of late? Is Boris' recent visit going to result in more assistance from the UK?

by Anonymousreply 282August 25, 2022 11:38 PM

People went hysteric when Trump pointed out the Europeans were not paying their way pushing it off onto the US to do.

Yet....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 25, 2022 11:44 PM

R283, “went hysteric”, lol. Enjoy the new Russian draft, looks like it’s going to be fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284August 26, 2022 12:09 AM

R283, no, people got pissed when Trump started talking about pulling us out of NATO to please his master Putin. The money was just a smokescreen.

by Anonymousreply 285August 26, 2022 12:40 AM

Winter is coming indeed. Thing is, there's no permanent solution to the dependence on Russian gas dilemma. You can't wean yourself without affecting prices and there's not enough LNG in the world to replace it. Europe will always need Russian gas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286August 27, 2022 2:56 AM

Until they put solar and a battery in every home.

by Anonymousreply 287August 27, 2022 6:44 AM

So is the Ukraine a Nazi state, yes or no?

by Anonymousreply 288August 27, 2022 10:38 PM

No, Ukraine is being invaded by a fascist state.

by Anonymousreply 289August 27, 2022 10:40 PM

The Russia?

by Anonymousreply 290August 27, 2022 10:41 PM

[quote] Until they put solar and a battery in every home.

Seriously. How hard can this be? All you need is the political will.

by Anonymousreply 291August 27, 2022 11:25 PM

Mother Russia is not fascist. She's just surrounded by enemies and has to protect herself.

by Anonymousreply 292August 28, 2022 7:13 AM

Mommy issues ^^

by Anonymousreply 293August 28, 2022 7:19 AM

r292, Fascists, authoritarians, need enemies to rise and survive.

Why do you think The Russia invaded a peaceful country and claimed victimhood?

by Anonymousreply 294August 28, 2022 12:15 PM

I still can't believe how this turned out: Ukraine still fighting albeit with NATO's support. Another one is every single expert, including some of the most respected in the world, predicted the Russian economy would crumble and collapse within weeks with Putin eventually overthrown by a popular uprising from Russian citizens unable to endure the pain of sanctions. Instead the rouble has held up better than expected and it's the European economy hurtling towards recession as a very gloomy winter looms. I don't know who'll end up winning, but the Russian bear has proven to be quite a formidable adversary inflicting this much damage on some of the world's richest economies.

by Anonymousreply 295August 28, 2022 5:46 PM

R295, the only thing anyone predicted was that Russia would overrun Ukraine within weeks and that, shall we say, failed to happen. Russia does have the strength that Middle Eastern countries have: it doesn’t care about its own citizens. They can all starve or die, it’s not an issue.

by Anonymousreply 296August 28, 2022 8:27 PM

What is amazing is Ukrainian resistance. That Russia can inflict damage to the world economy only shows how globalization works and the foolish dependence on fossil fuels.

Imagine what China can do. Or what the US can do it if it goes under.

by Anonymousreply 297August 28, 2022 9:14 PM

[quote]No, Ukraine is being invaded by a fascist state.

A fascist state which has nearly turned ours fascist- (semi, you might say), as well as brought fascism back to every country in Europe in an effort to destroy united Europe.

May more of them burn like Daria Dugina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298August 28, 2022 9:17 PM

R295 Absolutely not true that experts predicted Russia would collapse due to sanctions.

Many DID think Putin would win the war quickly. That seems to have been more true of foreign policy generalists, journalists and experts on military hardware than people who really knew Ukraine though.

by Anonymousreply 299August 28, 2022 10:00 PM

It's partly because the West let Putin take Crimea. Looking at you, Obama.

by Anonymousreply 300August 28, 2022 10:02 PM

For the "it won't happen" trolls upthread: the EU is looking at cancelling Tourist visas for Russians after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301August 28, 2022 10:13 PM

[quote]the only thing anyone predicted was that Russia would overrun Ukraine within weeks

That's not how I remember it. They were (and still are) saying Putin expected to take Ukraine within days and has failed. The problem is, other than dissident and ferociously anti-Putin Russian exiles like Garry Kasparov, Western media isn't interviewing any Russians or anybody connected to the Kremlin, so what's going on in Putin's head and what he expected is pure speculation.

But Joe Biden is on record for warning Putin the conflict will be drawn out with heavy cost to Russia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302August 29, 2022 12:27 AM

R302, shortly after the invasion began, a Russian news agency prematurely issued a statement about Russia’s victory. It was quickly deleted, of course, but it’s a sign of what Russia initially expected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 29, 2022 1:31 AM

It's not a ban, r301. Read your own link:

[quote]The EU move, aimed at reducing the number of visas issued to Russian nationals after pressure from eastern member states, falls short of an outright ban but would make getting travel documents significantly more complicated and expensive.

[quote]But countries such as Germany have insisted an outright ban would be misguided, and Josep Borrell, the EU’s foreign affairs chief, has argued prohibition is “not a good idea”. The bloc “has to be more selective”, Borrell said last week.

All moot anyway because Russian tourism to the EU had reduced drastically due to the air ban.

by Anonymousreply 304August 29, 2022 6:23 AM

That must come as a relief r304 You must be happy your Russian friends can travel about freely.

by Anonymousreply 305August 29, 2022 8:16 AM

Russian friends always brighten your day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 29, 2022 8:45 AM

Putin World Declares ‘Our Agent Trump’ Is Irreversibly Screwed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307August 29, 2022 1:29 PM

NBC News @NBCNews · 15m U.N. inspectors head to Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia power plant at center of radiation disaster fears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 29, 2022 1:35 PM

US rejects Ukrainian call for blanket ban on visas for Russians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309August 29, 2022 1:38 PM

It makes eminent sense to allow visas for dissidents.

I read the EU ban discussed is for tourists. As one country's minister put it, it's inappropriate for Russian citizens to be strolling around in Europe on holiday right now.

by Anonymousreply 310August 29, 2022 8:21 PM

It's also a slippery slope targeting citizens of a country. Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Poland and other Eastern European states are fuelled by ingrained centuries of Russophobia and aren't thinking rationally. Europe will still have to deal with Russia.

by Anonymousreply 311August 30, 2022 11:12 AM

Countries not think irrationally. People do. Governments do not.

by Anonymousreply 312August 30, 2022 11:17 AM

Wall Street predicted Russia's economy would collapse after it invaded Ukraine.

These 3 charts show that hasn't happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 30, 2022 11:53 AM

Wow that’s great news! Da r313?

by Anonymousreply 314August 30, 2022 12:15 PM

R311, considering all those countries were invaded, occupied, and had large portions of their population deported or exterminated by Russia genocide they have every right and reason to fear and mistrust them.

by Anonymousreply 315August 30, 2022 1:38 PM

r313 And the coming recession will hurt the West more than Russia as sanctions have inadvertently insulated Russia from the worst effects of the global crashes.

by Anonymousreply 316August 30, 2022 4:56 PM

We will see about that r316. All economics are linked far too much. By the same token Iran will not suffer from a worldwide recession either, even their oiligarchs, unlike Russia's.

by Anonymousreply 317August 30, 2022 7:56 PM

On a related note, Mikhail Gorbachev is dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318August 30, 2022 9:23 PM

r318 I was shocked at how hated he was in Russia especially considering he was loved and respected in the West.

by Anonymousreply 319August 31, 2022 2:55 AM

Extra beets for OP! OP, go help yourself from the bin labeled "No good for cow and many farm animal"

by Anonymousreply 320August 31, 2022 3:02 AM

Let OP be. He's fatigued by Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 321August 31, 2022 3:54 AM

[quote] [R318] I was shocked at how hated he was in Russia especially considering he was loved and respected in the West.

As Jesus said, " A prophet is last recognized in his father's home and by his family."

by Anonymousreply 322August 31, 2022 4:32 AM

I expect Gorby was seen less as a prophet and more of a sellout who let his country fall apart, then rushed overseas to take bows and cash in buying homes in Germany, London, Spain and San Francisco.

In 2014, he defended the Crimean status referendum and Russia's annexation of Crimea that began the Russo-Ukrainian war. In his judgment, while Crimea was transferred from Russia to Ukraine in 1954, when both were part of the Soviet Union, the Crimean people had not been asked at the time, whereas in the 2014 referendum they had. His comments led to Ukraine banning him from entering the country for five years.

He also agreed with Putin on NATO expansion. He was critical of how the U.S. had expanded NATO right up to Russia's borders despite their initial assurances that they would not do so, citing this as evidence that the U.S. government could not be trusted.

Best of a bad lot isn't a glowing epitaph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 31, 2022 5:49 AM

That he let the country fall apart^^ is the Russian point of view. The other peoples who got out from under Russian domination and got their independence and their countries back do not see it that way.

by Anonymousreply 324August 31, 2022 6:00 AM

^ Similar to Crimeans and Russian-speakers in the Donbas who want no part of Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 325August 31, 2022 6:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326August 31, 2022 6:22 AM

Gorbachev gave self determination without force or bloodshed r325. Contrast it with what your guy Putin is doing.

by Anonymousreply 327August 31, 2022 7:07 AM

Putin is doing exactly what NATO did in Serbia, r327. That's why no one believes them when they state they're a purely "defensive" organisation. If they'd have used Ukraine to launch attacks on Russia if they'd gotten a foothold.

by Anonymousreply 328August 31, 2022 8:19 AM

OK, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 329August 31, 2022 8:24 AM

Serbia becomes insignificant after Putin dies.

by Anonymousreply 330August 31, 2022 11:09 AM

[quote]For the "it won't happen" trolls upthread: the EU is looking at cancelling Tourist visas for Russians after all.

France and Germany say it won't happen, r301.

[quote]The Czech Republic, which holds the rotating EU presidency, wants to suspend a 2007 deal that eased visa applications for Russian tourists and some European Union members have urged an outright visa ban.

[quote]“There is no place for tourism,” said Czech Foreign Minister Jan Lipavsky, who is hosting an informal two-day meeting of the bloc’s foreign ministers in Prague.

[quote]But some countries including EU powerhouses Germany and France as well as Hungary, Luxembourg and Austria have raised objections.

[quote]“We caution against far-reaching restrictions on our visa policy, in order to prevent feeding the Russian narrative and trigger unintended rallying-around the flag effects and/or estranging future generations,” France and Germany said in a joint memo as reported by the Reuters news agency on Tuesday in advance of the meeting.

So I guess that's that. France and Germany are the only countries that matter in the EU and since they call the shots, the best the tiny, irrelevant countries can hope for is a face-saving compromise. It's time like this when they really curse Brexit because the UK would've been on their side. Now no one has their back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331August 31, 2022 12:56 PM

UKRAINIANS HIJACK RUSSIAN DRONE 😂😂😂

"This is how Mavic is hijacked,” a man says in Russian, referring to the Mavic drone, used by both sides of the Ukrainian conflict for reconnaissance.

“Yep, that’s it, losing, losing,” an obviously frustrated Russian soldier responds in the video posted on YouTube and message boards, as he fiddles with joysticks attached to a smart phone.

Finally he gives up. Ukrainians have taken over the drone, and may use it to locate the position of the Russians.

“Gentlemen,” one of the Russians says, “I suggest we start getting out of here in the maximum speed mode

by Anonymousreply 332August 31, 2022 2:44 PM

[quote] So I guess that's that.

I guess that wasn't that r331.

Sorry to be the bearer of ill tidings, but this is really for the best - the best for humanity, for humanism, for decency, for a strong image, for unity, for strategic support to... and you can get more specific on your own down the line.

[Quote] France and Germany are the only countries that matter in the EU and since they call the shots, the best the tiny, irrelevant countries

I guess the EU has a more literal understanding of what it means to have an alliance. Sure, some wanted a more complete ban but this is also what it means to be an alliance.

[Quote] It's time like this when they really curse Brexit because the UK would've been on their side. Now no one has their back.

I have this crazy notion that the UK can still do the right thing (in my and the EU's view). It's a big boy. It is used to doing things on its own without the rest of Europe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333August 31, 2022 8:58 PM

A lesson in slanted coverage. For six months the media has only reported Ukrainian successes. "Ukraine breaks through Russian defences". "Ukrainians blow up Russian Battalion" "Ukrainians destroy Russian depot" ... yet these seemingly overwhelming victories are not translating on the ground. It's journalistic malpractice.

by Anonymousreply 334September 1, 2022 2:52 AM

I’m getting fatigued. Seems like every other week I read that Biden’s sending over another few hundred MILLION $$. Where is all that $$ coming from? And how long is he planning to keep this up? That war is going to drag on for years.

by Anonymousreply 335September 1, 2022 3:17 AM

R334 why don't you post some pro Russian coverage from your kind of media wherever you are? Balance out the coverage here so to speak. It's a free society in here (unlike in Russia).

by Anonymousreply 336September 1, 2022 4:44 AM

𝑷𝒓𝒐 Russian media would be as useless as the 𝑷𝒓𝒐 Ukrainian media has been..

I'd settle for some trustworthy objective reporting concerning both but we won't get it from blatant cheerleaders

by Anonymousreply 337September 1, 2022 5:47 AM

Which outlets would you say were trustworthy and objective?

by Anonymousreply 338September 1, 2022 9:15 AM

^Democracy Now. They criticise all sides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339September 1, 2022 12:57 PM

Very progressive ^

by Anonymousreply 340September 1, 2022 1:07 PM

Another day, another defenestration in Russia:

Top Russian oil official dies after fall from hospital window - sources.

MOSCOW, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Ravil Maganov, the chairman of Russia's second-largest oil producer Lukoil (LKOH.MM), died on Thursday after falling from a hospital window in Moscow, two sources familiar with the situation said, becoming the latest in a series of businessmen to meet with sudden unexplained deaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341September 1, 2022 1:23 PM

Дефенестрация — заразная болезнь в путинской России.

by Anonymousreply 342September 1, 2022 1:29 PM

This shit right here is fatiguing.

[quote] seeks $13.7 billion related to Ukraine, including money for equipment, intelligence support and direct budgetary support.

Not only weapons but we’re funding their corrupt government too. So when does it end? Because this war will drag on for years and they’ll have their hands out asking for more $$ as long as someone is willing to keep sending it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343September 2, 2022 9:36 PM

R339 Bothsidesing people trying to destroy a country and people trying to save it, very progressive and independent!

by Anonymousreply 344September 3, 2022 12:50 AM

Because the world isn't black and white, r344. There are sheep like you who dance to whatever tune's playing and critical thinkers who understand nuance is a necessary component of every situation.

by Anonymousreply 345September 3, 2022 4:37 PM

Mother Russia has Europe by the balls. Place your bets on which EU member will buckle first. I'm calling Italy because they're having a snap election this month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 3, 2022 5:06 PM

Russia is raking in record revenues from oil and gas. Who were sanctions supposed to hurt again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347September 3, 2022 5:08 PM

Russia must be paying more for bots in here with all that extra money ^.

by Anonymousreply 348September 3, 2022 5:13 PM

^ What, you think bots are writing for the WSJ now?

by Anonymousreply 349September 3, 2022 5:18 PM

It's interesting that OP started this as a snark to drive people from paying attention to Ukraine. Then it seems to have backfired as the OP question was answered literally and in the ñegative. And now there are more pro Putin and Pro Russia posts again as OP had initially expected.

It probably has something to do with Biden's address in PA, and the labor day promises a step up of Trump and magat troubles this coming week.

by Anonymousreply 350September 3, 2022 5:31 PM

[quote] critical thinkers who understand nuance is a necessary component of every situation.

Oh, so you are a comedian! Has RT offered you a special?

Have a potato! And not one of those we use for farm animals!

by Anonymousreply 351September 3, 2022 5:36 PM

Oh, Glenn... Shouldn't you be pre-lubing before trolling for underage cock in the favelas?

by Anonymousreply 352September 3, 2022 5:37 PM

Nuke Russia. Only way to end this and move on. They’re a communist country with too many evil people and not enough good ones. It’s in their DNA. Nuke China Nuke North Korea Nuke All Taliban Muslim Countries Get the world in a half way decent place

by Anonymousreply 353September 3, 2022 5:42 PM

Nuke Russia and China?

Well, go ahead, let's see who will be the one left standing in the end!

by Anonymousreply 354September 4, 2022 12:12 AM

I see the bogan alt righter is here. Like a broken record.

by Anonymousreply 355September 4, 2022 12:16 AM

The fools who've bought into government and media propaganda fascinate me. Their inability to entertain even slightly opposing views, throwing out instant accusations and insults the instant their confronted with an alternative perspective betrays blind zealotry and a severe lack of intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 356September 4, 2022 12:38 AM

[quote] an alternative perspective

R336 it's not even "alternative", it's the reality. India just sent its troops to Russia for a joint military exercise this weekend! How dare for them, the entire world hates Russia, why would India do such things , don't they worry about offending the rest of the world...

Maybe it's because the rest of world doesn't follow the script from the the media we are watching, they don't really give a fuck about Russia's war in Ukraine, but somehow we think everyone on earth hates Russia to the bone like CNN and BBC told us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357September 4, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote]Maybe it's because the rest of world doesn't follow the script from the the media we are watching

Or maybe it's because the right-wing nationalist government of India sees an advantage in cozying up to Putin. BTW why do the trolls think that those of us who support social democracy and self-determination, and oppose the avowedly imperialist, hopelessly kleptocratic dictatorship that is Russia, are just mindlessly dancing to the tune of the corporate media?

by Anonymousreply 358September 4, 2022 1:09 AM

r346 here, and I'm considering changing my pick to Czechia. The far left and right united for anti-government protests demanding the resignation of the ruling coalition. They say the pro-Western government is more concerned about Ukraine than rising energy prices and other local issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359September 4, 2022 8:39 AM

Invading another country and committing massive war crimes against theie civilian population is so nuanced!

by Anonymousreply 360September 4, 2022 9:14 AM

Can't defend Putin and Russian action, so tell people supporting Ukraine is against their interests, wherever they are! Got it.

by Anonymousreply 361September 4, 2022 9:18 AM

According to the Council on Foreign Relations's Global Conflict Tracker, there are currently 27 wars worldwide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362September 4, 2022 9:42 AM

r40, gas prices have gone down some because Biden has depleted almost the entirety of our emergency oil reserves. Just in time for winter! If you were going to destroy a country from the inside, what would you do differently?

by Anonymousreply 363September 4, 2022 9:55 AM

Incite an insurrection against the state, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 364September 4, 2022 9:58 AM

Nearly 500 Russkies killed just yesterday, these numbers are getting crazy.

They've lost at least a thousand tanks by now, which is more tanks than most countries have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365September 4, 2022 10:30 AM

Or so sayeth a Ukrainian site with the motto "Journalists fight on their own frontline"

by Anonymousreply 366September 4, 2022 10:52 AM

Olaf Scholz has just declared in a speech that "Russia isn't a reliable energy partner". Serious question, do EU leaders truly think that when they imposed blanket sanctions literally designed to starve the Russians, that Russia wouldn't, and wasn't entitled to retaliate? Really? Honestly the stupidity we're faced with here is staggering.

by Anonymousreply 367September 4, 2022 11:33 AM

r365, see r334. If those ridiculous reports were true, there would be no Russian army left by now.

by Anonymousreply 368September 4, 2022 11:37 AM

[quote] blanket sanctions literally designed to starve the Russians

Not if they backed off from their colonialist war of aggression.

by Anonymousreply 369September 4, 2022 12:10 PM

Rasing the Ukranian flag in Vysokopillya, Kherson region

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370September 4, 2022 1:00 PM

I mean seriously, invading a country, raping, pillaging, and targeting and murdering thousands of its citizens, and kidnapping hundreds of thousands of innocents, especially children, back to your own country vs. not doing that.

How can you possibly pick a right or wrong in that situation? There's nuance under every rock and hiding behind every tree!

by Anonymousreply 371September 4, 2022 1:06 PM

r368 What are you even talking about? You know Russia has hundreds of thousands of troops left just on the Ukrainian front, right? And it was just one exceptional day, usually it's below 100. Please don't comment in the future if you're not informed enough on the matter.

The problem with Russia's army is not that they don't have enough manpower, it's equipment, logistics, and training. They will never run out of manpower, obviously. Although when they start mobilising the men of Moscow and Saint Petersburg, shit will hit the fan politically. That's why they're currently conscripting prisoners and homeless folk off the streets first, after they'd already run out of cannon fodder from the eastern regions.

by Anonymousreply 372September 4, 2022 2:10 PM

r366 Yes, let's believe the Russian media instead, which is saying they've destroyed hundreds of American HIMARS by now. /s

by Anonymousreply 373September 4, 2022 2:11 PM

r369 Didn't you get the tankie memo, so lovingly composed by Chomsky? It's only colonialism if the gringos do it.

by Anonymousreply 374September 4, 2022 2:13 PM

In the Russian-Finish war they lost over 300,000 killed Russians and another 6 to 700.000 wounded. That bought the Russians about 10% of Finland's territory. Most importantly it taught Stalin military lessons not even he could ignore and required a thorough army reorganization bringing back formerly disgraced officers and retooling the entire training system. Just in time for Hitler.

Currently Putin has 20% of Ukraine including the Crimea shoreline and the nuclear plant.

by Anonymousreply 375September 4, 2022 2:48 PM

r364, do you genuinely believe that a throng of unarmed election integrity protestors where "throwing an insurrection"? According to Joe Biden, you'd need fighter jets to stage a coup against the U.S. Explain the rest of us why free, fair and auditable elections are a threat to the establishment.

by Anonymousreply 376September 4, 2022 5:00 PM

r367, now extrapolate that to the food and energy "sanctions" being inflicted upon the citizens of all major "democratic" nations.

by Anonymousreply 377September 4, 2022 5:02 PM

R376 are you fucking stupid?

by Anonymousreply 378September 4, 2022 7:53 PM

R376 isn't stupid, R378; they're a Trumpoid troll pretending to believe that there were legitimate suspicions about the 2020 election and Trump didn't just whip up a seditious mob to violate the constitutional process.

Oh wait, I guess that does make them pretty stupid.

by Anonymousreply 379September 4, 2022 8:14 PM

Brazen? I think not! We need more support for Ukraine! These guys are heroic and hawt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380September 5, 2022 9:11 AM

Europe running out of stuff to send Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381September 5, 2022 2:43 PM

Denys Shmyhal’s comments on visit to Berlin show easing of tensions over response to Russian invasion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382September 5, 2022 3:25 PM

I'm not even going to respond to the trolls, who are so ridiculous.

But this war is really going to drag out in the best case. Ukraine seems to be making some progress, but if Putin doesn't want to quit, because that would mean admitting a mistake, he can prolong this for quite a while. There is no real sign of fatigue among the countries that are actually providing substantial help to Ukraine (not Italy or, really, Germany and France) and no sign that Ukrainian resolve is fading. But that doesn't mean they can speedily reverse all the Russian conquests or close to it. It really seems a lot like WWI with better artillery and drones.

by Anonymousreply 383September 5, 2022 11:49 PM

^Having a different opinion does not make one a "troll".

by Anonymousreply 384September 6, 2022 3:30 AM

Russia has raked in $158 billion (158 billion euros) in energy exports in the six months following its invasion of Ukraine, with the EU accounting for more than half, a think tank said Tuesday, according to Agence France-Presse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385September 6, 2022 6:05 AM

The Ukraine war has helped NATO EU and the US clarify their stands and policies. It has also reframed the fossil fuel debate.

by Anonymousreply 386September 6, 2022 6:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387September 6, 2022 7:14 AM

Russia and China love to warn other countries.

by Anonymousreply 388September 6, 2022 7:29 AM

Macron says Europe will not be blackmailed by “warmongering” Eastern European countries. Euro unity unshaken 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389September 6, 2022 8:53 AM

First signs of social unrest in France.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390September 6, 2022 8:59 AM

"First signs"? The French right wing has been flogging those lines for years.

by Anonymousreply 391September 6, 2022 1:32 PM

Vladdy Daddy in 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392September 7, 2022 6:45 AM

Gazprom mocks Europe.

Adore Russian music, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393September 7, 2022 6:57 AM

Someone on Youtube translated the song.

But winter will be big —

Here , look on, the river

Quiet autumn dies,

Waving yellow hand.

Crying wet aspen

Crying grandfather Arbat

Crying Blue Russian ,

Transformed into a snowfall .

And , smashing the snow drifts ,

The sun falls upon the spring …

But winter will be big —

Only the twilight and snow

by Anonymousreply 394September 7, 2022 7:06 AM

Here's the translation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395September 7, 2022 7:09 AM

While the media trumpets a Ukrainian counteroffensive in Kherson, we get a slightly differing account from a Ukrainian soldier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396September 7, 2022 7:30 AM

Surprising how many Russian sympathizers there are in the US. It's as if the Cold War never happened.

by Anonymousreply 397September 7, 2022 7:56 AM

Almost no information like in r396 is to be trusted.. From the beginning I've disregarded the media from both sides and just watched the maps.

by Anonymousreply 398September 7, 2022 8:06 AM

The disinformation campaign has been successful then r398. It is meant to throw so many lies around in order to get people to distrust all news.

by Anonymousreply 399September 7, 2022 8:13 AM

China to start paying for Russian gas in roubles and yuan. And just like that, the EU has not only been rendered irrelevant, but this could be the beginnings of the long-predicted decline of dollar hegemony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400September 7, 2022 8:37 AM

You wish.

by Anonymousreply 401September 7, 2022 8:45 AM

So we have some of the best economic minds in the world advising our governments. You want to tell me none predicted the kind of damage Russia could wreak on the world's economy? None?

by Anonymousreply 402September 7, 2022 9:36 AM

And don't the same minds also address the grievous self harm Russia will it's people will bear?

by Anonymousreply 403September 7, 2022 10:15 AM

Russia's most reliable ally (General Winter) is coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404September 7, 2022 1:11 PM

Last week, the G7 group of nations - announced a price cap for Russian oil - a move it said would reduce both Moscow's revenue for its Ukraine invasion, and inflation in the West.

by Anonymousreply 405September 7, 2022 2:17 PM

Why are Putin's legs twitching uncontrollably?

Kremlin sources have indicated he may be suffering from cancer of Parkinson's, supported by footage showing the leader shaking uncontrollably and gripping a table for support.

Valery Solovey, professor at Moscow State Institute of Foreign Affairs first hinted at Putin's health problems, said in 2020 that Putin had undergone surgery for cancer.

by Anonymousreply 406September 7, 2022 2:46 PM

And how did Russia respond, r405? By stating that no country that implements the cap will get a drop of Russian oil. They can't win.

by Anonymousreply 407September 7, 2022 3:43 PM

I wonder if the video at R396 is from those same Russians who faked a bunch of dead Ukranian soldiers who turned out to be alive Russians once they thought the filming had stopped?

by Anonymousreply 408September 7, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote]Something incredible is happening in Kharkiv Oblast.

[quote]Yeah, we somewhat underestimated the Ukrainian military’s offensive capability and reserves in that sector.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409September 8, 2022 10:29 AM

[quote]Russia's most reliable ally (General Winter) is coming.

A reliable ally against the west, e.g., France or Germany, but Ukrainians can deal with harsh winters.

by Anonymousreply 410September 8, 2022 10:30 AM

Yesterday: the most senior Russian officer captured since WW II. He changed into lieutenant uniform and attempted to escape unrecognized.

Ukraine is on a tear right now, hopefully they can consolidate and hold onto the large territory they just reclaimed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411September 9, 2022 1:09 AM

Russian influencers doing their bit ... in Germany LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412September 9, 2022 3:50 AM

$2.6 billion more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413September 9, 2022 3:54 AM

Nobody cares about Ukraine right now. It’s all about Queen Elizabeth II.

by Anonymousreply 414September 9, 2022 4:16 AM

I care about both. A bit more about Ukraine. Blinken visiting Kyiv was a great move, as is the 2.6b in aid. Bravo Joe!

by Anonymousreply 415September 9, 2022 4:19 AM

I don't care about the British Monarchy very much. It's a mildly intrresting, but unimportant sideshow. Ukraine is incredibly important.

by Anonymousreply 416September 9, 2022 4:22 AM

Nobody cares about Shitkraine.

by Anonymousreply 417September 9, 2022 4:53 AM

^ Russkies like r417 care about Ukraine the most of all.

by Anonymousreply 418September 9, 2022 4:55 AM

R418 is so fucking dumb he has to go ^^^^^^^^ instead of quoting properly.

by Anonymousreply 419September 9, 2022 4:58 AM

^ nitwit ^

by Anonymousreply 420September 9, 2022 5:49 AM

Poland says it plans to buy as many as 96 Boeing AH-64E Apache attack helicopters, which will replace its aging fleet of around 30 Cold War-era Mi-24 Hind gunships and then some. This would also make the Polish Land Forces the second-largest AH-64 operator worldwide, behind the U.S. Army.

This follows other major procurement programs in recent years, including an order for 32 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters as well as 250 M1A2 SEPv3 Abrams tanks from the United States.

by Anonymousreply 421September 9, 2022 5:57 AM

Time to block R418

by Anonymousreply 422September 9, 2022 6:27 AM

Cracks over sanctions in Italian rightwing coalition expected to win elections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423September 9, 2022 7:23 AM

R335 from tax dollars. In the past 6 months Biden has given Burisma I mean the Ukraine $55B

by Anonymousreply 424September 9, 2022 9:08 PM

Minus the 10% kickbacks

by Anonymousreply 425September 9, 2022 9:18 PM

A two-pronged offensive by Ukrainian forces is reshaping the battlefield and forcing the Russians to scramble for reinforcements.

Ukraine launched its long-awaited push on Kherson in southern Ukraine last week, before following up with a rapid advance near Kharkiv in the northeast that seems to have caught Vladimir Putin's troops by surprise.

by Anonymousreply 426September 10, 2022 10:52 AM

Trolls are quiet. No talking points yet?

by Anonymousreply 427September 10, 2022 11:33 PM

Sun's not up yet in Yekaterinburg, R427. In the meantime, "Russian troops are strategically regrouping in order to concentrate forces in Donetsk" will do.

by Anonymousreply 428September 11, 2022 12:07 AM

Trolls? Haters? [Crickets]

by Anonymousreply 429September 11, 2022 3:06 PM

I guess fatigue has set in for the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 430September 11, 2022 3:14 PM

Putin may be ready for the last trip to Yekaterinburg. The only question, basement or well?

by Anonymousreply 431September 11, 2022 4:51 PM

Putin embarrassed his whole country. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 432September 11, 2022 4:56 PM

Latest live panel show. Propaganda machine starting to break down, blame game begins.

It's almost 7 minutes long, but such a satisfying watch. Especially that ending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433September 11, 2022 9:45 PM

How much money is this little war going to make for the US weapons manufacturers?

by Anonymousreply 434September 11, 2022 9:48 PM

And here comes R434, reducing Ukraine's resistance to colonialist Russian aggression to "profits for US weapons manufacturers." The borscht must be flowing again!

by Anonymousreply 435September 11, 2022 10:00 PM

That poster also doesn't understand that weapons will be made and sold globally because it's in the human nature to wage wars. You can only choose whether those weapons manufacturers will be American or foreign. Reputationally, Russia is beyond fucked thanks to this war because countries won't be buying their ineffective crap like the S300 systems anymore. India has already scrapped deals for Russian Ka-31 helicopters and an aircraft carrier. That's decades worth of economic damage.

And yes, this will lead to more American weapons being sold, made by American workers, which will help the American economy as well. Sorry if that makes you cry at night, but [italic]someone[/italic] is going to make those weapons and it might as well be your country, so you'll at least profit from it indirectly.

by Anonymousreply 436September 11, 2022 10:12 PM

Ukraine fatigue is setting OP - in Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437September 11, 2022 11:35 PM

His face looks delightfully pillowy there.

by Anonymousreply 438September 11, 2022 11:41 PM

The Washington Post reported Monday on how Russian forces were stealing cars and bicycles to make their escape, after having first stolen civilian clothes to fool Ukrainian drone squads

by Anonymousreply 439September 12, 2022 3:10 PM

They withdrew so fast, they left behind the teachers who were imported from Russia to erase any trace of Ukrainian identity in their schools. Now they're throwing a big fat tantrum and launching expensive guided missiles (that they're running out of) from their subs, targeting Ukrainian power plants. They wasted $100 million worth of those just yesterday, but the power was restored within hours. Terror is all they have left because they can't compete on the battlefield against American toys from the '70s and '80s that were headed for scrap before they were sent to Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 440September 12, 2022 3:19 PM

My worst fear is Putin will react like a cornered animal and bring out the heavy artillery, (i.e. nuclear weapons) when the end is nigh.

At that point, he won't care if he blows himself to smithereens.

by Anonymousreply 441September 12, 2022 3:57 PM

Ukraine's turnaround is just amazing. Truly the stuff of legends. Zelenskyy is incredible as well. Just heroic stuff from Ukraine, the EU and the US. Not over yet of course, but still wonderful news compared to what we were all hearing last year.

That sounded corny but whatever.

R441. There is always that possibility but I'd to think those turning the keys would balk at committing suicide like that. You do never know though.

by Anonymousreply 442September 13, 2022 8:07 AM

Won't be any nukes unless something along the lines of a serious large scale offensive into Russia.

by Anonymousreply 443September 13, 2022 8:17 AM

So Ukraine has won the war?

by Anonymousreply 444September 13, 2022 1:30 PM

No, Ukraine is winning the current Russian retreat.

by Anonymousreply 445September 13, 2022 1:33 PM

Daily Mail had a story about Russians surrendering en masse. I counted nine POWs in the video

by Anonymousreply 446September 13, 2022 2:17 PM

EU urges war tribunal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447September 18, 2022 12:08 PM

Schumer wants to give them another $12 billion. Joe will give them $11 billion and MSNBC will praise him for saving Americans a billion dollars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448September 18, 2022 11:41 PM

Schumer is a zionist, always do the opposite of what he asks.

by Anonymousreply 449September 20, 2022 7:24 AM

Good on you Chuck! 👏👏👏

by Anonymousreply 450September 20, 2022 7:59 AM

Just so we all do not forget, In 2019, Trump had a call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky after he was elected. Congress had allocated an arms package to be sent to Ukraine, but Trump delayed it. In the call, Trump said he would send it but, "I need you to do me a favor, though." He went on to demand that Ukraine announce an investigation into Joe Biden and his family

by Anonymousreply 451September 20, 2022 5:36 PM

[R448} Bullshit! Enough is enough. No more U.S. taxpayer money. Wait till four of the territories occupied by Russia vote later this week to become part of Russia. Things will get real dicey.

by Anonymousreply 452September 22, 2022 5:21 AM

More aid for Ukraine!

by Anonymousreply 453September 22, 2022 6:17 AM

Nuclear umbrella for Ukraine!

by Anonymousreply 454September 22, 2022 7:14 AM

R452. I haven't run across an argument that the referendums would make any difference to this war. Is it meant to be a pretext for full mobilization in Russia? I thought that was essentially already happening.

I can't see it changing the minds of the international community. I think most people are aware that the referendums would be illegitimate and inconsequential.

by Anonymousreply 455September 22, 2022 12:50 PM

Enough for Ukraine until Putin and Russia have sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 456September 22, 2022 4:34 PM

Greece cashing in moving Russian oil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457September 22, 2022 9:26 PM

Fuck you Lloyd's list r457.

by Anonymousreply 458September 22, 2022 10:23 PM

Ukrainian forces have reportedly broken through the Russian defensive lines near Rubtsi, resulting in a significant movement of the front.

Some reports suggest that Ukraine has already liberated the town of Lozove—which was a position that Russia was supposedly using to mass for its own counter-counterattack. One report indicates Ukrainian forces failed in an attempt to take Karpivka. Other reports have Ukrainian forces as far north as Ridkodub.

Multiple Ukrainian sources have images of Ukrainian troops at Korovii Yar. This alone would make for a 5-kilometer advance of the line in the last day.

by Anonymousreply 459September 23, 2022 2:57 PM

Links, R459? I'm only finding a Daily Kos piece by Mark Sumner from yesterday, which itself has no links.

by Anonymousreply 460September 23, 2022 3:41 PM

^ It's from the daily Kos article

by Anonymousreply 461September 23, 2022 3:44 PM

[quote] I would imagine that the average American doesn't even remember that there's an ongoing war in Ukraine.

The Republicans certainly remember. Why, they even use Russian and Ukraine footage to glorify their (your?) America 😂!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462September 24, 2022 1:16 AM

Ukrainians edge is their use of technology in the war. Google Schmidt has visited Kyiv recently, Elon Musk is giving starlight satellite internet, Zelenskiy is addressing a tech conference, use of AI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463September 24, 2022 9:50 PM

World hero Elon Musk yet again saves the day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464September 24, 2022 10:06 PM

A warrior and a gentleman. This is what is possible when you fight a righteous war.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465September 25, 2022 1:29 PM

Poor Zelensky. The war is aging him prematurely. Still hot though.

by Anonymousreply 466September 25, 2022 2:03 PM

If Russians forced into the army surrender to the Ukrainians, will they have to go to pow camps per war convention or can they fight like any similar able bodied Ukrainian,?

I can see droves of Russian deserters happening soon.

by Anonymousreply 467September 25, 2022 9:02 PM

Good but not good enough.

The US needs to do better than responding if and when Russia uses nukes. They will if Ukraine is not protected by nukes.

Deterrence is important.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468September 26, 2022 3:19 AM

Ukraine is doing well against Russia without even the best NATO weapons. NATO led by the US could do a lot more. It might break the alliance because e.g. Italy could bail out (they changed sides in WWI and WWII, so nothing new here), but they could do a lot without resorting to nukes. The Russian army would be ended and it's not clear that the Russian state would survive in its current form. The core would; it would still be the largest country b/c of all the empty frozen land, but some of the small regions dominated by minorities being dragooned into this war like Daghestan might go for independence.

by Anonymousreply 469September 26, 2022 3:34 AM

Interesting how datalounge and certain types of commentators was so certain Trump would lead us into nuclear war, and now it seems there is a strong urge for nucular combat toe-to-toe with the Rooskies

by Anonymousreply 470September 26, 2022 3:47 AM

No, we were worried Trump would use nukes against Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 471September 26, 2022 3:58 AM

[quote]Interesting how datalounge and certain types of commentators was so certain Trump would lead us into nuclear war, and now it seems there is a strong urge for nucular combat toe-to-toe with the Rooskies

When he was president, any concerns he'd "lead us into nuclear war" were based on his questioning why we have nukes if we're not going to use them. And this past March, he told Fox if he were still president he'd threaten Russia with American nuclear subs. And it's Putin who's pushing the "nucular combat toe-to-toe"; you must think that by not just capitulating to the colonialist Russian invasion of Ukraine, we're the belligerents. Begone, troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472September 26, 2022 7:22 AM

According to a witness, the man shot the military commandant after he had given a “clumsy” pep talk for the men to go and fight in Ukraine. “Nobody is going to go anywhere,” the man said moments before opening fire, a witness told the Baikal People news outlet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473September 26, 2022 8:31 AM

Conscription-age Russians do know how to state their boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 474September 26, 2022 1:16 PM

... and hurricanes.

by Anonymousreply 475September 26, 2022 1:39 PM

"Tatsunori Motoki, a consul based in the eastern Russian city, had been subjected to a “coercive interrogation” during his detention by Russia’s FSB security service.

The FSB said it was holding him on allegations of espionage, one of which was linked to the effect of Ukraine war sanctions on Russia."

He's lucky he wasn't poisoned or thrown off the building.

by Anonymousreply 476September 27, 2022 9:02 AM

𝗕𝗼𝘁𝗵 𝗡𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗶𝗽𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝘂𝗽

Various European leaders are suggesting that sabotage is the most likely reason for mysterious gas leaks that have struck two undersea pipelines in the Baltic amid confirmation of several explosions in the area. The leaks affect the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines, used to carry gas from Russia to Europe and which have been at the center of an ‘energy war’ between Moscow and the West since Russia invaded Ukraine in late February.

Of the three leaks identified, two affect the Nord Stream 1 pipeline that has two parallel branches that run around 750 miles between a location near St. Petersburg to northeast Germany. Nord Stream 1 has been closed down for maintenance since August and is not currently transporting gas.

One other leak affects the ‘sister’ pipeline, Nord Stream 2, construction of which was suspended by the time Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine.

While neither of the pipelines are currently operational, they both still contain gas, making any kind of significant leak hazardous, including to shipping.

The first reports of a “rapid gas pressure drop” on Nord Stream 2 came yesterday afternoon, from the pipeline operator, Nord Stream AG, of which the majority shareholder is Russia’s state-owned Gazprom giant. That leak is located southeast of the island of Bornholm, which has been a flashpoint of East-West tensions in the Baltic. In response to the incident, Danish authorities warned ships to avoid a five-nautical-mile exclusion zone around the area. A small no-fly zone was also established, although a Royal Danish Air Force F-16 fighter jet and an EH101 Merlin helicopter, at least, have been active in the area to monitor the leak.

-------------------

I see no benefit to Russia destroying their own pipelens when they already have chosen to close the valves. But where was the USS Jimmy Carter and its SEAL team when this happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477September 27, 2022 8:01 PM

War critic. Dead. Suicide? Oh really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478September 29, 2022 6:37 PM

Putin's mafia-style response would target key oil and gas pipelines and vital undersea cables that carry 97 per cent of internet traffic with $10 trillion worth of daily financial transactions dependent on them.

by Anonymousreply 479September 29, 2022 6:51 PM

The US needs to expand the sanctions and indictments. This is a good development.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480September 30, 2022 8:13 PM

Germany plans to spend up to $195 billion helping consumers and businesses as surging energy prices due to the war in Ukraine are pushing Europe’s largest economy into a looming recession.

Chancellor Olaf Scholz said Thursday that the government was reactivating an economic stabilizing fund previously used during the global financial crisis and the coronavirus pandemic.

The fund will be used to limit the price customers pay for natural gas, which is used to heat homes, generate electricity and power factories. The government is dropping a previously proposed surcharge on natural gas that was meant to help spread the rising cost of purchasing the fuel on the global market.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481October 1, 2022 1:46 AM

The Russian regiment in Lyman was quite fatigued!

by Anonymousreply 482October 1, 2022 5:42 PM

Yes, it must be fatiguing to hear the news from Ukraine.

A day after Putin stealing Ukrainian land with sham referendums, his boasts fell apart in spectacular fashion on the battlefield as Russia’s defense ministry was forced to admit a key city Krasny Lyman deemed part of "great" Russia was now in Ukrainian hands.

by Anonymousreply 483October 1, 2022 9:38 PM

"Ukrainian forces also liberated several other surrounding settlements including Yampil, south of Lyman, Novoselivka, Shandrigolovo and Drobysheve."

It's nice to see the soldiers smiling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484October 2, 2022 5:40 AM

I'm assuming MAGATs approve of this. Am I right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485October 2, 2022 10:31 AM

Zelenskiy said Ukraine’s armed forces would continue to advance. He predicted more “mismatches” between Putin’s rhetoric and the reality on the battlefield. Reports suggested Ukrainian troops were pushing forward from Lyman towards the cities of Svatove and Kreminna.

by Anonymousreply 486October 3, 2022 3:07 AM

The Ukrainians are advancing now, but just wait until they come up against 300,000 sexagenarian drunks with high blood pressure and holes in their socks.

by Anonymousreply 487October 3, 2022 3:23 AM

I think the Russians are leaving and drawing the Ukrainians closer to Russia to do something horrible. Probably a nuclear attack that kills all people but leaves everything else standing. Get rid of Ukrainians and the Russians can move right in. Is the U.S. going to fight them for wheat fields?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488October 4, 2022 1:40 AM

The US destroyed the pipeline. Freezing Europeans will look to NATO (proxy for US) for help.

We are pretty awful.

by Anonymousreply 489October 4, 2022 1:47 AM

R489, if I needed any more confirmation that it was Russia, the evening troll postings are providing it.

by Anonymousreply 490October 4, 2022 1:54 AM

R488

Nuclear attack closer to russian border? Yep, that's wise.

by Anonymousreply 491October 4, 2022 1:58 AM

The trolls are all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 492October 4, 2022 2:08 AM

After defeating the US, Vietnam turned right around and fought another war, booting China out of their country. A second victory.

by Anonymousreply 493October 4, 2022 6:40 AM

As cracks show, the West must increase arms aid, sanctions on Russia, and round up oligarchs living in the West and put them in jail. Now's the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494October 4, 2022 7:07 AM

Fuck dolphins.

"The US and Russia developed the use of military dolphins during the Cold War, harnessing their echolocation capabilities to detect underwater objects such as mines.

More recently, satellite imagery captured in 2018 revealed that Russia was using dolphins at its naval base in Tartus, Syria during the Syrian civil conflict. The US is reported to have spent almost $30m maintaining its own battalion of military dolphins."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495October 9, 2022 3:03 AM

The Russians are old hands at animal warfare. In WW2 the Russians trained dogs to carry explosives and run under enemy tanks The program had limited success.

A serious training mistake was revealed later; the Soviets used their own diesel engine tanks to train the dogs rather than German tanks which had gasoline engines. As the dogs relied on their acute sense of smell, the dogs sought out familiar Soviet tanks instead of strange-smelling German tanks.

The equivalent American program also failed.

Dogs in this secret program were trained at Fort Belvoir. The dogs, called "demolition wolves", were taught to run to a bunker, enter it, and sit while waiting for a simulated explosion. Each dog carried a bomb strapped to its body in canvas pouches, as with the Russian method.

The program was terminated on 17 December 1943 out of safety concerns. During the training, dogs often returned to the senders without entering the bunker or waiting there for supposed period of time which would have caused friendly casualties in a live fire situation. It was feared that in the actual battle, dogs would return much more often, scared by enemy fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496October 9, 2022 3:20 AM

I have Neve met a dolphin who endorsed the Russian annexation of Crimea! Amazing animals that should not be dragged into this.

by Anonymousreply 497October 9, 2022 8:45 AM

How did Crimea end up being a part of Russia in 2014? Anyone help me out in two or three sentences?

by Anonymousreply 498October 9, 2022 8:50 AM

Who is Crimea and how wonderful does he think I am ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499October 9, 2022 9:03 AM

R498, Russia invaded and took it.

by Anonymousreply 500October 9, 2022 9:55 AM

^ and the West stood by or did they also applaud? Did Ukraine appeal to the western powers at the time?

by Anonymousreply 501October 9, 2022 11:39 AM

Western countries instituted sanctions, though not close to the scale of the response this year. R501, this is really something you can't look up on Wikipedia or somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 502October 9, 2022 11:49 AM

R502 Of course i can look up Wikipedia or Google. But I'm here to discuss on this forum so I introduce a topic i think might interest some of us.

Why do YOU come here. Why not just surf on your own for twinks or porn, or whatever it is that you come here for? Why snark in here?

by Anonymousreply 503October 9, 2022 12:57 PM

I answered your question, R503, and in just one (albeit compound) sentence. If you want to join the discussion here you should get some of the details down before "introducing" a topic that amounts to asking for basic info.

by Anonymousreply 504October 9, 2022 1:08 PM

You do you. I do me.

by Anonymousreply 505October 9, 2022 1:11 PM

If Putin had left well alone he could have had Crimean annexation be his legacy. Now he might even lose that, which would have been unimaginable even in February..

by Anonymousreply 506October 9, 2022 3:04 PM

I will suck up and take. For Ukraine.

I will suck it up because of Putin, the Ukrainians are shitty people just like the Russians, they have hate in their hearts and hate gays with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 507October 9, 2022 3:17 PM

R507 Too bad that it's not your choice but Ukraine's, trollina. Also, your argument is stupid again because Ukraine is the one who wants to move closer to the West in terms of values while Russia has moved further into anti-gay repression.

by Anonymousreply 508October 9, 2022 3:19 PM

Ukraine is vastly less repressive of gays than Russia. They still need to do some work, especially if they intend to join the EU, but it's already way better there than Russia.

by Anonymousreply 509October 9, 2022 4:30 PM

Yes. I mean, neither are great bastions but at least in Ukraine you can legally hold Pride (as a bombed city recently did in the metro) while in Russia you can't. And Zelensky's position is tolerance at least. One country is going *backwards* on this while the other is going forwards.

by Anonymousreply 510October 9, 2022 4:33 PM

R507 Take a break from your job posting for Russia and dance to Beyonce in high heels like Zelenskiy before you get back to your sowing hatred for Ukraine.

His close-ups just kill me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511October 9, 2022 9:33 PM

Of course Putin WOULD know about terrorism! 😂😂 he thinks about it all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 10, 2022 2:04 AM

Putin hiTs back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513October 10, 2022 12:37 PM

Busy day.

Ukrainian power centers targeted and smashed.

A reported airstrike on Lviv has left some parts of that western city without electricity or hot water, according to local mayor Andriy Sadovyi. In a statement on Telegram, he said that “standby power generators at several pumping stations were started to restore the water supply” and that “a third of the traffic lights do not work.” Similar issues with water and electricity supplies have been reported by the regional governor of the northeastern Sumy region, Dmytro Zhyvytskyi.

More details are now pouring in about the attacks including that at least 75 missiles and long-range Iranian suicide drones hit targets around Ukraine, and the onslaught may still be ongoing. Energy facilities and areas with high concentrations of civilians were primarily hit. Electricity generating stations in multiple cities — Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, etc. — were all struck.

A modern high-rise belonging to the private DTEK energy company in Kyiv was struck. The capital’s thermal powerplant may also have been hit.

The Kyiv Independent Oct 10, 2022 @KyivIndependent

The headquarters of Ukraine's private energy company DTEK located in Kyiv was hit by a Russian missile strike on the morning of Oct. 10. Attacks on critical infrastructure across Ukraine are being reported.

Kyiv thermal power plant also appear to be hit.

Lviv, in Ukraine’s far west, also had its thermal powerplant hit and Kharkiv apparently had its energy infrastructure targeted, too. Damage to these facilities can take time to repair and in some cases, a very long time. As such, we really don’t know the long-term impact of these attacks at this time, but if severe damage was done, it could be a problem, especially going into the frigid winter months.

Blackout in Kharkiv after Russian missile strikes at critical infrastructure

It looks like the Russian client state and Ukraine’s neighbor to the north, Belarus, is going to officially join the war. This could have significant repercussions especially if their force contributions are sizeable. This includes the possibility of opening up a new northern front to draw Ukrainian soldiers away from the east and the south.

Authorities in Ukraine have announced that today’s Russian strikes killed at least 10 people and injured 60.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514October 11, 2022 2:42 AM

Yes OP Ukraine fatigue is here, just not the kind of fatigue you expected or were hoping for. The fatigue is on the part of Russia.

"Gunmen shot dead 11 people at a Russian military training ground on Saturday, the defence ministry said, in the latest blow to President Vladimir Putin's forces since the invasion of Ukraine.

RIA news agency cited the ministry as saying 15 other people were wounded in the shooting on Saturday in the southwestern Belgorod region that borders Ukraine when two men gunned down a group who had volunteered to take part in the war. "

by Anonymousreply 515October 16, 2022 7:07 AM

𝘐𝘳𝘢𝘯 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘳.

Ukraine boots Iranian ambassador over Tehran’s support for ‘Russian Nazism’

Kyiv strips accreditation for envoy, orders staff reduction at Iranian embassy to protest country supplying Moscow with attack drones used for ‘the murder of peaceful citizens’

A Ukrainian jet went down in central Ukraine while engaging an unmanned Russian drone.

In a dramatic new video, a Ukrainian MiG 29 fighter jet attempts to shoot down a Russian suicide drone, but instead, crashes in west-central Ukraine. Footage of the flaming wreckage is being shared on social media.

A Ukrainian official confirms that the pilot did manage to shoot down five other drones and survived.

But there are hundreds more Iranian-supplied Shahed drones in Putin's arsenal and more than 2,000 on order, according to Ukraine's president.

According to a new report from the Institute for the Study of War, members of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps are on the ground helping the Russians use the drones.

"It makes perfect sense that you would have Iranians on the ground just because any piece of equipment requires maintenance, it requires support, it requires people who know how to use it. And the Russians haven't had enough time to get their people trained up on this new system," said Mark Cancian, a senior adviser for the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

The Russians launched three drones at dawn on Thursday, striking critical infrastructure in a small city west of Kyiv and adding to a destructive wave of Shahed strikes that began on Monday.

"Russians have a lot of them and that they've been relatively effective, that they you know, they can launch them. They can hit targets. A lot of them seem to be shot down, according to the Ukrainians, but a lot of them get through.

A Ukrainian source said at least one of the Iranian training teams has been hit

by Anonymousreply 516October 16, 2022 7:31 AM

It's hard for me to believe the Belarussian army is any good. Think about the motivation level of Russian troops and then subtract a lot. Maybe they would distract some Ukranians for a while, but it would surely be a disaster for Lukashenko and hasten the end of his regime. He is probably going when Putin goes, but this would make it worse for him,

by Anonymousreply 517October 16, 2022 12:40 PM

Belarus's army is pretty small from what's been reported.

Ukraine has ordered a media blackout for Kershon. Things are going down today.

by Anonymousreply 518October 16, 2022 12:48 PM

R518, Yes, Belarus has a much smaller population than Ukraine. It's a very poor country. Lukashenko has been focused on suppressing the population, not war, which made sense for him. His contribution to the Russian war effort was significant, but it was allowing Russian troops to invade via Belarus. That brought them a lot closer a lot more quickly to Kyiv than they would have been otherwise. They couldn't capitalize on it, but it was certainly a leg up.

by Anonymousreply 519October 16, 2022 1:00 PM

Russian-launched “kamikaze drones” attacked Kyiv on Monday morning, killing at least one person, days after Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin, promised there would be “no need for more massive strikes” on Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 520October 17, 2022 10:35 AM

Beginning Monday, NATO will kick off its annual nuclear deterrence exercise known as Steadfast Noon. U.S. Air Force B-52 bombers are among the aircraft slated to participate in the event, which will be carried out over northwestern Europe and the North Sea.

While Steadfast Noon is an established recurring exercise, this year’s iteration will be taking place amid heightened tensions with Russia after President Vladimir Putin threatened the use of nuclear weapons as a response to the success of recent Ukrainian counteroffensives.

According to the NATO announcement, air forces from across the alliance's member countries will fly dozens of aircraft to exercise their nuclear deterrence capabilities starting on Monday, October 17, and continuing until Sunday, October 30.

Based on assessments coming from outside Russia, Moscow is also expected to begin its own set of nuclear exercises in the coming days. There are called ‘Grom’, and what exactly these could look like is unclear under the current circumstances. U.S. officials speaking to Reuters have said that Grom will likely include test launches of ballistic missiles and other routine “large-scale maneuvers of its strategic nuclear forces.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521October 17, 2022 10:46 AM

No, "Ukraine fatigue" is not a thing, Boris. And it will never be.

Americans stand behind Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522November 1, 2022 9:39 PM

OP would you open another Ukraine fatigue thread please. This one is slow to load now.

by Anonymousreply 523November 5, 2022 4:16 PM

Russia has lost it. Is it the fatigue OP speaks of?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524November 13, 2022 3:09 PM

R523 The OP has been grayed out. Why do you want to keep an obvious troll thread going? There is a better, non-trolly thread for information about this war.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525November 13, 2022 3:12 PM

Why not r525? He asked for so week give it good up his ass. So what if it's grayed out. I know OP is a troll. He and his ilk deserve it. And people need to know about Ukraine.

Here's an update. You're welcome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526November 13, 2022 3:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!