Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tim Miller - New Book - Why We Did It

This Vanity Fair article is a preview of the openly gay formerly Republican operative’s account of Trump’s corruption of the Party. He is brutally honest about his own role as well as his former colleagues and acquaintances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 2, 2022 4:29 PM

From MSNBC Deadline White House yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2022 12:13 PM

Why the fuck was this douche a Republican in the first place? I have zero sympathy for these gay traitors.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2022 12:14 PM

GREED

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2022 12:15 PM

Can’t stand the writing style, couldn’t finish the third paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2022 12:18 PM

Nope. He can go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2022 12:18 PM

R2 He talks about that in the book. I don’t think he’s looking for sympathy, but don’t people get any credit for recognizing that they’re wrong and correcting their course?

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2022 12:28 PM

[quote]don’t people get any credit for recognizing that they’re wrong and correcting their course?

Since he's literally selling books about that fact, no. He's getting royalties for his misdeeds, and he can fuck right off.

Christ you sound gullible.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2022 12:31 PM

No, R6. If you’re a sane person and not focused on greed and influence, then you don’t fuck over humanity. If he’s an educated person, he should know that. To participate in what he did takes a soulless moron. If he’s corrected his course, then good for him. I hope that means he’s now using his influence for good.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2022 12:32 PM

He’s literally naming names and calling out the most powerful people in the Republican Party!

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2022 12:33 PM

No, he's double dipping.

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2022 12:34 PM

[quote]He’s literally naming names and calling out the most powerful people in the Republican Party!

6-7 years too late! Not impressed by bandwagon-jumping for book sales, anyway. This guy is a hack and you're embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2022 12:35 PM

Hope he gets raped.

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2022 12:36 PM

i've read excerpts and i like it a lot. i like his twitter feed and his interviews too. he seems like a good guy

by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2022 12:36 PM

This why Democrats lose. Repubs will side with the devil if it promotes their goals. Dems reject anyone they don’t think is pure enough, even if they’re on their side.

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2022 12:39 PM

i am also a fan of this work. it is good. he seems like a good writer. i am a real person who reads books with words.

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2022 12:39 PM

[quote]even if they’re on their side.

A fucking hired gun for Jeb Bush/Donald Trump trying to sell books is not remotely on our side. Jesus F. Christ.

Although it's telling that you used "their" to refer to Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2022 12:40 PM

Maybe he does have a more lively prose style than usual, for a Republican hack, but the story he's telling is disgusting. He's a rat.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2022 12:42 PM

A book for Log Cabin cuntards No one else cares.

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2022 12:44 PM

We're supposed to like this guy when he was working for the party of our enemies for decades? Despite the whitewashing of history, George W. Bush was not a good person/President to gay people. Neither was his father or any of the Republican nominees of the past 40 years, of course including Reagan.

Our current problems didn't start with Trump. The Republican Party wasn't founded in 2015. These people have been working for our literal demise for decades, and they're coming for our marriages and our rights, including criminalizing our sexuality again, post-Roe. This douche worked to make this all happen, and now he's cashing in with a book, and we're supposed to jump up and clap for joy? FUCK OFF.

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2022 12:45 PM

Only log cabin boys are "fans of his work".

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2022 12:45 PM

F&F R12

by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2022 12:47 PM

"Dems reject anyone they don’t think is pure enough, even if they’re on their side." Bullshit. We elected Biden, Obama and Hillary won the popular vote by 3 milllion.

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2022 12:48 PM

This book isn’t the first time Tim Miller has spoken out. He’s been a regular on MSNBC for quite awhile. Sure, he could have written this revealing book for free, but why would he? That doesn’t make the information in it useless. Don’t buy it if you don’t want to. The library will probably have it.

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2022 12:51 PM

"For Money".

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2022 12:53 PM

This twat used to be a frequent on Pod Save America ( as their conservative friend) until it came out that during the 2016 election he was working with Cambridge Analytica to smear Clinton and the Dems while running his mouth on TV as a never Trumper after the orange pussy grabber won the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2022 12:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2022 12:59 PM

[quote]Dems reject anyone they don’t think is pure enough, even if they’re on their side.

You want to talk about purity tests? The current Republican base primaries any Republican to the left of Hitler, and their lunatic challengers win. Fascism is very popular with their base.

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2022 1:01 PM

R23, are you paid well to post here?

Are YOU Tim Miller?

by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2022 1:02 PM

r23 - Nancy Drew

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2022 1:04 PM

Agree 100% with R19.

Fuck Tim Miller, the horse he rode in on, and especially fuck that alkie creep Steve Bannon.

by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2022 1:06 PM

OP is r23.

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2022 1:11 PM

R22 Yes, the Democrats are definitely in the majority, but that isn’t translating into policy. Where are voting rights, gun control, women’s right to choose, Build Back Better…? Somehow the minority party has outsized influence. One reason is because they stick together.

Miller is not endorsing or excusing Republicans. He is confessing and exposing the corrupt thinking that has led to their current uncompromising extremism.

by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2022 1:14 PM

OP is anti-Biden, anti-Democratic Party all over DL.

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2022 1:16 PM

R33 You made that up! I am a Biden voter and lifelong Democrat who believes in a very progressive agenda. I have NEVER posted anything negative about Biden or the Democratic Party. I am frustrated that we don’t seem to be able to get our policies enacted. I think information from an ex-Republican about how the right operates can be useful. Obviously you disagree, but don’t insult me with lies!

by Anonymousreply 34June 28, 2022 1:25 PM

"Lifelong Liberal Democrat voter here who voted for Obama twice, Hillary, and Biden. But lately it seems like the Dems just can't get anything accomplished, and I'm wondering if I'm on the wrong side. I mean, gas prices? Baby food?? My stock portfolio?!!"

-OP

by Anonymousreply 35June 28, 2022 1:35 PM

This is why Republicans are so egregious in their behavior. They are in a win win situation. If their guy succeeds they stay comfortably in the halls of power. If he loses, they run into the loving arms of the elite corporate media ( nyt, wapo, vanity fair,etc) who simply can't wait to give their reformed delinquent a mouth piece. See The Lincoln Project. Loathe trump all you want but never forget how vicious and malevolent the repubs where long before he came into the picture

by Anonymousreply 36June 28, 2022 1:39 PM

Edit : before I'm oh dear' ed I meant were not where.

by Anonymousreply 37June 28, 2022 1:41 PM

R35 I didn’t say any of those things and I never would. I never wonder if “I’m on the wrong side” but go ahead and have your fun mocking me if that’s what makes you happy. God forbid anyone posts anything you disagree with.

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2022 1:49 PM

C'mon OP and R35 be nice. Both of you girls are pretty!

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2022 1:54 PM

No, Carol, a divisive stealth-Republican troll OP/ r38 is not someone to be nice to.

He's trying to get gay Democrats to vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2022 2:49 PM

Tim Miler needs to show hole.

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2022 2:52 PM

No Carol, R40 is insane and that’s not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2022 2:57 PM

Miss Cheney has already spelled it out for maga, your dishonor will remain after dump is finished.

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2022 3:59 PM

Fuck this Quisling

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2022 4:15 PM

[quote]Yes, the Democrats are definitely in the majority, but that isn’t translating into policy. Where are voting rights, gun control, women’s right to choose, Build Back Better…? Somehow the minority party has outsized influence. One reason is because they stick together.

This is complete bullshit. We've been hearing it for years from corporate Democrats jealous of the message unity in a party full of racist demagogues.

And it's not even true. Republicans have been eating their own since the religious right rose to prominence just as the Rockefeller Republicans were losing relevance. Look at how the Tea Party and MAGAs ran off all of the fiscal conservatives over cultural issues. That's not unity, it's radicalization.

Republicans win elections as a perpetual minority party representing the fringe of American life because the system is designed to favor rural interests. Rural being, of course, conservative and white. The slave owners who drafted the Constitution knew what they were doing when they codified such inequalities as the Senate and the Electoral college.

This is why SCOTUS is so skewed. Because 5 justices got approved by Presidents who lost the popular vote and Senators from states like Wyoming that represent a population smaller than Baltimore. Not because Democrats aren't tripping over themselves to applaud a gay Republican selling a book.

If OP isn't a shill than he's an obvious troll.

by Anonymousreply 45June 28, 2022 4:23 PM

I'll consider forgiving him after he walks into the next big meeting of the Republican Party, and blows himself up suicide bomber style taking out all the vile racist GOP cunts and dragging them all to Hell with him.

by Anonymousreply 46June 28, 2022 4:27 PM

I think Hitler was great too!

by Anonymousreply 47June 28, 2022 4:31 PM

I'm not like a nazi or like, anything. But seeing like, die furhur's like, eagle's nest was like, so epic!

by Anonymousreply 48June 28, 2022 4:43 PM

@r40, "He's trying to get gay Democrats to vote Republican. "

Is he hot? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 49June 28, 2022 4:54 PM

c'mon DL you can do better... anyone hooked up with him? top? bottom?

by Anonymousreply 50June 28, 2022 4:56 PM

Of course he's posting here to sell books!

by Anonymousreply 51June 28, 2022 7:11 PM

I’ll always take the Tim Millers of the world - those republicans who opposed Trump from the outset - over the Berniecrats - at least those in the battleground states - who either sat out the 2016 general election or voted for Jill Stein.

by Anonymousreply 52June 28, 2022 10:28 PM

[quote]Why the fuck was this douche a Republican in the first place? I have zero sympathy for these gay traitors.

Because he's typical of his selfish, white, gay, conservative ilk: He figured that since Democrats/liberals fought on his selfish behalf and won gay rights including the first black president legalizing gay marriage and making sure gay spouses got the same fed. benefits as heteros, the asshole figured "I got mines" which meant he could join the GOP on hating/targeting other marginalized groups.

by Anonymousreply 53June 28, 2022 10:36 PM

Never heard of her before . .

by Anonymousreply 54June 28, 2022 10:37 PM

^ And with any luck we'll never hear from her again

by Anonymousreply 55June 28, 2022 10:48 PM

His Mary Tyler Moore hairdo irks me.

by Anonymousreply 56June 29, 2022 3:01 AM

He looks like an elder lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 57June 29, 2022 5:53 AM

Just another gay mercenary who sides with Republican politics of racist, anti-gay, anti-woman agendas. The only reason he didn't go along with Trump was that because he was not an establishment Republican.

So now he saw the light and acquired a conscience? Oh, and he wrote a book about.

by Anonymousreply 58August 24, 2022 1:45 AM

R58 I pretty much agree. Is it that the establishment Republicans that he worked for and supported were now sidelined because of the MAGA movement that he finally saw how bad the quest for power was and the negative impact the Republican Party agendas have. Is the change of face by Tim Miller the result of actual self-reflection and atonement or an attempt to rebrand himself?

by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2022 3:19 PM

Repigs have been riding this target since the early 60s (if not before) when they harnessed the anger of much of America over segregation (the "southern" strategy). We don't need Tim Miller or someone else to say what Lee Atwater basically said out loud in the early 70s. But now it's turned on them and they no longer control the movement - the movement controls them. If they don't pledge total fealty to the White Savior (whoever that is, because someone else will take Trump's place when he croaks (hopefully soon)), they get kicked to the curb. Tim Miller = Captain Obvious

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2022 4:28 PM

^"tiger" not target

by Anonymousreply 61December 2, 2022 4:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!