Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Log Cabin Republicans Have This To Say

How does one become this delusional, and what will they do when marriage equality is overturned? They’re already calling out Biden for “fear-mongering”. They were just thrown out of their own party in Texas and homosexuality is dubbed an abnormal lifestyle in their party’s platform. Why don’t they just drop the bullshit and admit that they’ve fucked up supporting these people? If you want to be conservative on issues, fine. But call a spade a spade. Anyone with a brain knows what’s coming.

What’s so funny is that they tweeted that marriage equality is going no where and then in the next tweet say that if it is overturned, they will fight. You can’t have it both ways. They’ll probably end up moving the goalpost and say that gay marriage is still legal in X amount of states, so everything is good.

Has anyone else taken a look at their Twitter account? It’s mind-boggling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 26, 2022 2:10 AM

They’re promoting Donald Trump Jr as their gay ally. You can’t get any dumber than that.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 2:01 PM

What they're saying is fair and rational. I'm a leftest, but it would be naive to think our side insn't stirring the pot as quickly as Tucker C.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 2:06 PM

OP, I think that you're correct that they'll just continue moving the goalposts for whatever indignities are acceptable.

When it comes to the 'card-carrying', 'professional' log-cabinites, I believe they're almost all, almost completely motivated by tax cuts for the rich. And they'll trade any right for a slightly fatter wallet.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 2:07 PM

Their mommies a daddies must be so, so proud!

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 2:10 PM

R2

Are you being serious? A supreme court justice just explicitly said that he wants to overturn same-sex marriage and 'sodomy' decriminalization (after over-turning Roe). And the court has a conservative majority of christofascist theocrats. And... you don't think that's a "credible threat to marriage equality and other LGBT rights"? O_o

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 2:14 PM

Injustice Thomas has already stated that marriage equality is on his agenda.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 2:15 PM

If you can't spell leftist, you're not a leftist, fucktard.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 2:16 PM

^ he meant the most left. Leftest.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 2:19 PM

They'll probably give the Lc Republicans their own cabin at the Re-Education Camp, so that they can service our Republican overlords from time to time. These fucking Quislings need to stop robbing our planet of oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 2:23 PM

I'm a leftist just like you, r2... Sure Jan 🙄

These Log Cabin Uncle Toms will be screaming, "They're just kidding!" while being pushed into the gas chambers

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote]I'm a leftest

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 2:25 PM

It’s rich how they see rights stripped away by REPUBLICANS and they immediately blame the left. What a bunch of tools. They should be concerned, Susan Collins style.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2022 2:25 PM

This is all Orwellian double-talk, and it should not surprise us.

All of us here MUST accept that the facts are, these Supreme Court justices say one thing, then turn around and release opinions that are counter to the words they previously spoke.

Do not let yourself fall for any of it.

I grew up in the Evangelical movement these people are a part of. Half of my family on my father’s side are all hardcore Catholics, so I was exposed to that as well.

Evangelicals and Catholics hate, and I emphasize HATE the LGBTQ community with the fire and heat of a thousand suns.

As far as they are concerned, gays and lesbians are 1 million percent responsible for the immorality of American. They blame the gays for EVERYTHING that’s wrong in our country.

Devastating earthquakes in California: God is punishing us because of the gays.

Devastating hurricanes: The gays.

Devastating wildfires: The gays.

Crime: The gays.

Poverty: The gays.

Monumental plane crash: The gays.

Inflation:Recession: The gays.

Teen pregnancies: The gays.

You name it, whatever it is, if it’s happening in America, it’s due to God’s wrath being wielded upon us all, because of the gays.

I challenge any of you to quietly walk into and sit though any church service at any evangelical church in the United States, and listen to what these pastors have to say. I will bet you 1,000 bucks that eventually, something is blamed on the gays before the service is over.

You guys need to get a grip and realize that there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever, that marriage rights will be overturned and SOON. That’s not hyperbole, or even a worthy of a MARY!

It’s what is next on the chopping block.

These people do NOT think like us, have ZERO common sense, and FULL HEARTEDLY BELIEVE THAT THEY OUR CARRYING OUT THE WILL OF GOD.

Forget anything that makes you believe otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2022 2:25 PM

WTF is up with that logo? Looks like a realty company

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2022 2:26 PM

[quote] I'm a leftest[sic]

Ron Howard narrating: Actually, he isn't.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2022 2:27 PM

[quote]Looks like a realty company

Empty space available where their dignity would be.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2022 2:29 PM

Log Cabinites are 90% realtors

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2022 2:30 PM

But isn't it great that they situated the gas chambers in the showers, so at least we can be clean when we meet our maker!

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2022 2:42 PM

You are absolutely correct r13.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2022 3:00 PM

Are independents better than Log Cabinettes?

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2022 3:30 PM

If you’re a gay for low taxes, why be a Republican? Be a Libertarian or something. Why would you support an organization that hates you? It makes no sense. Republicans are not conservative. They’re batshit crazy spenders. You hate liberalism due to finances - fine, but how Republicanism is going to help you in the long run, especially if they’re hell bent on killing your benefits as gay people, is just beyond stupid.

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2022 1:46 AM

Log Cabin Republicans humiliate themselves craving Daddy's love.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2022 1:51 AM

If it ever comes time for the camps , the Log Cabinetti will be the first to volunteer for guard duty to keep the "bad" gays behind the electrified barbed wire.

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2022 1:52 AM

Once marriage equality is gone it will be too late to fight it, something the Log Cabins don't seem to realize.

I really don't understand all these demonstrations over abortion now, abortion is gone, it is too late to just demonstrate. There should be voter registrations at these demonstrations, fundraising for pro-choice candidates.

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2022 2:04 AM

Clarence Thomas explicitly stated he wants to reconsider Obergefell and Lawrence v. Texas, going after not only same sex marriage but also consensual sex, to "correct the error". That's a message to haters, bring us a case. The left is not being hyperbolic, the threat is real.

by Anonymousreply 25June 26, 2022 2:05 AM

He seems confident Loving v. Virginia is safe.

by Anonymousreply 26June 26, 2022 2:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!