Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Republicans Suck

How can any gay still support the Republicans knowing they’re coming for us?

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 2:14 PM

Read the history of the Nazi Party in Germany. There were many gays involved until the "Night of the Long Knives". removed them Ernst Rohm was gay.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 12:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 1:01 PM

The Republican Party is a minority party but it has outsized power because it's spent decades collecting fanatics. It all started in the 1960s with the Southern Strategy of taking in all the Dixiecrats and Klansmen who left the Democrats after it started backing the civil rights movement. Then in the 1970s it began its affair with reactionary evangelicals, and in the 1980s it declared itself the church of free market capitalism. So today we have Liz Cheney, whose ass we're supposed to kiss because she deigned to appear on camera for the Jan. 6 livestreams, declaring the overturning of Roe v. Wade a victory for states' rights. Fuck all of them.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 1:37 PM

Every marginalized group in history has its self-loathers, sell-outs, and traitors.

I think a better question would be, 'How can any gay democrats sleep with republicans?" These people should be completely ostracized, shunned.

Also, why don't we have a comparable slang term to black americans' term "Uncle Tom"?

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 1:46 PM

Class solidarity is an ideal not a reality. Most people pursue their perceived self interest first above that of their class.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 1:48 PM

[quote]Also, why don't we have a comparable slang term to black americans' term "Uncle Tom"?

How about Aunt Lindsey?

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 1:52 PM

In my experience most of them are racists who like low taxes, and who want to prove to daddy that they aren’t one of THOSE gays.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 1:52 PM

R6

Works for me, except I don't know if it works for non-closeted traitors like Aaron Schock.

It's just weird that nothing like that has been popularized, like ever in history to my knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 1:58 PM

R7 whose daddy?

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 2:12 PM

[quote]Gay Republicans Suck

Pity they do it so poorly.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 2:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!