Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PTown - live right next to the Boatslip, Tasteful Friends

Only $3.3 million for this antique fixer upper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2022 4:50 PM

Wow, it's so New Englandy. It really captures that Cape Cod feel 😉

I think it's great as is

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 12:02 PM

It's basically a few feet above sea level on the beach, right?

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 12:03 PM

^ Just think of all the hot dick you could catch with a house like that in PTown...

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 12:12 PM

Convenient.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 12:21 PM

I like it, but those stairs look awfully steep.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 12:24 PM

It's just a stroll to Dick Dock next door.

What memories! 35 years ago - my first trip to Provincetown - I had sex with a friend of a friend on this house's beach. He was scorching hot with a big dick and I have no idea why he was interested in me when there was a huge buffet in front of him.

I was young and innocent and had no idea what the ravages of sand were like.

Back on subject...this is going to sound ridiculous, but the way real estate has soared in Provincetown, I would have expected this place to go for a lot more than $3.3M.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 12:37 PM

^ Yeah, a beach house like that anyplace else would be a lot more

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 12:45 PM

It’s rather noisy and crowded there.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 3:02 PM

^ Only during season, which is where you make the big bucks renting it out. The rest of the year you have the town, beach and house practically to yourself

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 3:05 PM

Was that the old Marten House?

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 3:11 PM

I could do my best "Evita" impersonation from that deck, but as you all know I'm soon to be unemployed and unable to make major purchases.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 3:11 PM

R10

Yes, it is the old Martin House.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2022 3:40 PM

If you don’t mind the thump of a disco 12+ hours a day, it’s a great location.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2022 7:02 PM

Better investment than Fire Island - FIP houses have a much more limited audience and use.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2022 7:18 PM

The interior is beautiful - I would generally find this collection of eclectic antiques too cluttered, but somehow this works surprisingly well.

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2022 2:20 AM

I honestly don’t know what kind of buyer could deal with that location next to a club and PTown’s prime cruising spot.

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2022 11:42 AM

R16

It IS noisy and annoying, but only half the year. And as stated above, if you want, you can make a shitload of money renting it out in-season. Out of season is quiet.

But beyond that, there is a certain cachet in not only owning what was The Martin House, but a house right on Commercial Street and right on the water.

The pretension runs deep in Provincetown these days. Or, at least, in many people that are now buying here. The hoi-polloi can't afford it anymore.

And its relatively "low" price probably reflects all the location issues.

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2022 12:09 PM

PTown is fun, but Ogunquit is more my speed these days.

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2022 12:47 PM

I miss the restaurant at the Martin House, it was so good. Love this house just the way it is, doesn't need any fixing up.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2022 12:57 PM

What was the Martin house? A B&B?

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2022 2:35 PM

It was a beloved restaurant, though it had it's critics. Lots of little dining rooms. Great location on the water.

Now owned by two gay men - a couple - that renovated it and turned it into a single residence. They've also opened a few Guest Houses here in Provincetown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2022 3:11 PM

I got fucked on the beach in front of this house late one night in the rain by a well-known news anchor. I was still buzzed after leaving the Crown & Anchor.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2022 4:06 PM

^ Ooh, spill girl 😛

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2022 4:08 PM

It was Walter Cronkite, and he was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2022 4:14 PM

^ Should have guessed 🙄

by Anonymousreply 25June 26, 2022 4:15 PM

[quote]the way real estate has soared in Provincetown, I would have expected this place to go for a lot more than $3.3M.

We won't know what it sells for until it's sold.

by Anonymousreply 26June 26, 2022 4:19 PM

I wouldn't want it, but I'd hardly call it a fixer-upper. I'd never buy anything that close to the water, unless it was elevated.

by Anonymousreply 27June 26, 2022 4:20 PM

R26

True, especially because everything here is now a bidding war and my RE friends tell me it's astonishing how people are buying with hundreds of thousands or even millions in cash.

This was before and after COVID but truly was insane when people were trying to buy second homes and getting out of cities.

by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2022 4:37 PM

My grandfather inherited a house on Commercial St. (away from downtown). Sadly, he immediately sold it for a song to the next door neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 29June 26, 2022 4:39 PM

Lots of great restraint options in those bedrooms: the beds, the rafters, etc.

Check OK?

by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2022 4:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!