Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supreme Court Overturns "Person's" Rights

I am very angry right now and just want to put this down: every alphabet souper that shut down women's movements for using female specific language, every alphabet souper that intentionally obfuscates sex-specific words to talk about women's bodies, every alphabet souper that hijacked women's organisations to push gender shit, every alphabet souper whose response to this is only to say that is bad because it will to other things begin overturned all of them are responsible for this. There is a direct pipeline from the societal insistence that women are not a biological class, to the repealing of our rights we are seeing today. If we were actually fucking allowed to talk about our bodies and reproductive rights, this wouldn't have happened so easily and quickly.

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2022 1:43 PM

I don't think what you're saying is the be all and end all, but I agree that it must be a massive factor.

Maybe my view is clouded by the fact I'm not American, and am watching the U.S. roll back rights from the comfort of my own liberal country, but did no one see this coming? Why wasn't action taken sooner? It's not too late, but this battle just got a whole lot harder.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 11:32 AM

I'm from the UK. Every woman I know over here is fighting back against this gender rubbish. We still seem to have our rights, and they are actual sex-based rights not rights-as-if-women-were-men, because inoculated against this. America is ground zero for all this so it's not surprising that they're the first to see this happen. Every American 'feminist' doesn't have anything defense of this except to say it's bad because it will impact other groups, because women don't exist as group. This is purely an American import over on this side of the pond and to them we're simply 'birthers', 'birthing bodies' and 'pregnant people'. Tellingly, the usual misogynist response to all this is to blame a female judge for not retiring when a man told her to.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 11:42 AM

OP, you're a fucking conservative pretending to be a lesbian.

We can see your posting history. How many liberal lesbians use the phrases "alphabet souper" and "woke mob"?

You're a goddamn walking excerpt of a Tucker Carlson segment or a 4chan post.

Chr!st. I would say try harder; but the sad thing is that there are people on here dumb enough to fall for your lazy division-trolling.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 11:44 AM

1. Define: "souper".

2. Go read Hemingway, and try to write like him, that is, in an intelligible manner.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 11:49 AM

I'm an actual gender-abolishing, sex-is-real, biologically materialist, radical feminist lesbian.

Given that current day liberalism holds that men who feel like women are more oppressed than actual women I suppose that wouldn't make me a liberal. Seeing as how liberalism has resulted as the winding back of women's rights in America I think we'll stick to our genuine feminist critique of the world here.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 11:51 AM

R5

Okay, I'll play along for a moment. Let's pretend you're an actual lesbian.

Who is more responsible for overturning Roe v. Wade?

(a) Conservatives

or

(b) Progressives

Before you answer, think for a moment about the political ideology of the real life supreme court judges who actually, in reality, just over-turned Roe v. Wade? And then try to pick the not-insane answer that actually describes reality.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 11:56 AM

[quote]How many liberal lesbians use the phrases "alphabet souper" and "woke mob"?

The anti-trans trolls do. I admit to avoiding those threads lately, but r3, I thought you were one of them?

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 12:00 PM

R7

No, I'm definitely not an anti-trans troll.

OP, still waiting on an answer to the that question that I asked in R6. Is it a tough one for you?

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 12:03 PM

I reject the premise that TRAs and the people who push them are "progressive".

I am a long-time Labour Party member here in the UK and have supported just about every left-wing cause going for decades, then suddenly I woke up a few years ago to find out that actually I was conservative for thinking woman is not a feeling. Had I lived in the US I would have voted for Hillary and would still be voting for Democrats and not the far-right religious nuts, but don't for one second think I am not furious or going to ignore the role "progressive activists" played in bringing us here.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 12:03 PM

My apologies then, r8.

The last time I checked, we had a lot of anti-trans trolls who said they were lesbian radfem liberals, and who complained incessantly about "alphabet soup" and such. I assume OP is one of those trolls. They tend to run off when asked a legitimate question that they cannot answer with spin and hyperbole, so I'd bet our OP has wandered off after your question at r6.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 12:06 PM

R9

You straight-up can't bring yourself to say that CONSERVATIVES are responsible for over-turning Roe v. Wade.

You're supposedly a british LIBERAL lesbian who is supposedly so concerned with american politics that you start a thread about OUR reproductive rights roll-back and you lay blame on PROGRESSIVES with ZERO comment about CONSERVATIVES--the actual people who just fucked over our country.

GTFO, "liberal lesbian".

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 12:09 PM

Then why the fuck do you even frequent this site in the first place you troll ass loser? They is a fucking GAY SITE. The people that overturned Roe are all STRAIGHT CONSERVATIVES.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2022 12:13 PM

OP, you're a fucking fraud and a shabby one at that.

All of the posting history from you that I looked at is you bitching about the political left using Fox News lingo.

You're a fucking conservative. And probably a straight man. Trying to stir-up political in-fighting and division among actual leftists.

At least create a FRESH account, so that you're not *totally* obvious. PATHETIC.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2022 12:16 PM

Ooze you're welcome to define 'woman' you leaky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2022 12:19 PM

R10

No worries.

*oof* I'm too tired for this shit. Usually, it's at least a little amusing, but it's just an insult to our intelligence when they don't even TRY to be convincing...

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2022 12:20 PM

I realize, R13, that putting posters on ignore is imperfect and seems to work differently everyone you use it, but when I put OP on ignore all I see are her posts in this thread. How do you get a history of her posts?

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2022 12:21 PM

R14

You mean like in the recent rightwing documentary "What is a Woman?" that's all the rage among you mouth-breathing conservative scumbags lately?

How about you fuck off instead since you are beneath me and people like YOU are the actual reason behind Roe being over-turned. Jesus, sweetie, go start a thread about something Elliot Page said on twitter or something. This thread isn't going to take off for you, okay? Give up on this one.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2022 12:24 PM

R16

I think it's somewhat inconsistent. But it seems like you only see posts from them in threads that you, yourself, have posted in and/or "watched" or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2022 12:26 PM

Datalounge's obsession with this one issue is so out of proportion. Hate the trans all you want, but old-fashioned homophobia is coming back, and dunking on trans people ain't gonna make you look better to the fascists calling all gays "groomers".

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2022 12:40 PM

OP you are wrong. America's religious right has been trying to overturn Roe since the day after it was decided. All the gender conforming and trans activism, which has gained momentum the past 10 years, is NOT the impetus for overturning Roe. It's a Jesus thing from Catholics originally, and then amped up in the 1980's by those from the Christian Coalition and Moral Majority. What has changed is the disappearance of moderate pro-life "Country Club" GOPers who failed the abortion litmus test and were replaced with more conservative elected officials in local, state, and federal elections. Thereby, enabling the stacked Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2022 12:40 PM

My understanding is the same as Ooze’s. You only seetheir responses in watched threads that you’ve posted in.

Many trans men retain their ovaries and uteri. If I were a trans man of child bearing potential and activity (which. I am not, being a perimenopausal cis gay woman) I would prioritize maintaining my actual reproductive rights over maintaining inclusive language around my now non-existent reproductive rights. So on behalf on birthing people everywhere repeat after me, reproductive rights are women’s rights.

Let’s not let the trolls pull us apart with counterproductive strategies and self-blame.

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2022 12:41 PM

OOZE is a self righteous virtue signaling cunt

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2022 12:43 PM

Fuck these idiots, OP. Their heads are too far up their bonus holes.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2022 3:21 PM

Through all you munching your grandma's shit you can't give me a coherent answer r17. No worries darling I'll do it for you. Women are adult human females, these laws target females as they have for all time since God decided to curse women with the ability to create life. You whirling column of monkey's vomit you x

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2022 1:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!